Good Eggs Employee Reviews

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2018
Our new manager is a complete A-hole..he walks around barking new orders..rather tjan fix our old problems..he just makes new ones daily..nobody likes working for him..EVERYONE hates him
Good Eggs was a wonderful company to work for.
Operations Associate/ Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
I loved working for Good Eggs. The culture was warm and enthusiastic. I will miss the great pay and fast paced environment. Management was helpful and always there when I needed assistance.
Good Benefits, Growing Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2018
The stock options are an exciting opportunity. It seems like a rapidly growing company, able to compete with diverse companies such as Blue Apron and Amazon.
Pros
Benefits, Growth
Cons
Poor Management
Picker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2018
While working at Good Eggs. I've learned that the company doesn't fully support its employees like they say they do. The company recently had an increase in pay, but that was because of a low employment rate and a poverty strict end city.
fast pace
SENIOR OPERATIONS RECEIVING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
busy and a lot of work so time goes by really fast. We get free lunch everyday. a lot of employees and big warehouse company a lot of orders but its pretty chill.
Very competitive
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2018
Very competitive, very cool people, cant advance within the company, play favorites a lot, very bias. Not very diverse. Unorganized, start-up company so it needs some time to heal. I worked my butt off for almost 6 months to get a higher position they said I would get and I did not. I wouldn't be upset about it if they hired in-house instead of out. There's a lot of people there that deserve way more than what they are receiving.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
hourly pay not enough for the expectations
Nice place with great benefits. Great staffing and overall good people.
Produce Asociate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2018
Good Eggs is a good company. They offer health insurance and other benefits. The produce department is where it's at. Everyone is kind and is willing to help anyone who is struggling. You feel very welcome and is a great job to learn about produce along with any other organic products.
Pros
Free lunch, Great staff, Benefits
Cons
pressure, New Company, Communication Problems
A good, fast paced and simple job
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The job is pretty straight forward and very easy with a good pay (when they paid mileage). Over all good experience and would recommend anyone to go work for them.
Pros
easy and simple job
poorly disorganized
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2018
the company just wings it; they claim they have a business model but when questioned they always say working on it, they seem to get caught off guard and react instead of being proactive, at one time they were a good company to work for but that is all changing. promotions seem to be based on favoritism and not hard work. the benefits are shifting to reward the office people and make the grunts pay more. they are planning on expanding again but yet they are not making money but spending the money of the investors. they seem to have a high rate of turnover. its just not a good company with a clear vision
Pros
meals but you have to like chicken
Cons
management
groovy place to work
Operations Associate/Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2017
productive and fun workplace with refreshing culture and wonderful purpose driven mission statement. great sense of community and purpose..............
Hard Labor
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2017
Hard Labor work, Pay should be higher due to opening another location and the strenuous labor. Doing one thing all day repetitively. Hardest part is staying focused when walking around and standing all day.
Pros
free lunch everyday and snacks
The best place I've ever worked!
Ops Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 24, 2015
This i the best placed I've ever worked in my employment history! everyday it was something new and i loved that. i also enjoyed going home with new knowledge everyday whether it was involved culturally or with food!
Great mission
Employee (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 8, 2015
Creating good food jobs is important to the company and as an employee you can feel management makes that a priority. It's definitely a rewarding experience working for a company with a great mission (grow and sustain local food systems worldwide) and high quality products.

Great leadership, fun culture, and always good food.
Pros
delicious lunch provided daily, great benefits
Cons
office is located in Bayview which can be tough to get to
Local Food rules and we're aspiring to change the industrial food system!
Experienced Leader (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 8, 2015
We have a great mission, the best food, great producers, loyal customers and wonderful employees. We are sincere and we have all the right ingredients for success!

Startups have highs and lows and we definitely have had both. Thankfully, we are learning and growing everyday. We are resilient, determined and know we are doing the right things and coming from the right place.
Pros
Strong mission, high quality products, great customer service, committed employees!
Cons
We expanded too fast, we learned hard lessons, we're focusing on the location where we have been successful, we're nailing the fundamentals, adding something new because that's what we do so we can come back stronger!
Great mission, great people bad business model
Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
I experencied tremendous professional growth at Good Eggs. I was given many opportunities to work with several facets of the company, and felt truly valued as a productive team player for the first year of my time there. The company really strived to help small local businesses

Operationally, however, the business was not outlined properly and expanded too fast with a shakey model. This rapid growth without rapid profit resulted in layoffs, restructures, and ultimately a dissolution of a fun and dynamic team culture. It is unfortunate that so much talent was brought on, only to be pushed out and laid off.
Pros
Lunches, talented team, amazing community of local foodmakers and farmers
Cons
Taxing working conditions, lack of transparency, and unstable future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Eggs. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about