Good Eggs Employee Reviews

OK company with no vision
Associate Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2019
I worked at good eggs for about a year and have to say it was year wasted but valuable lesson learned. Over 15 years of work experience, one of this worst in regards to caring for employees that actually work. There were some good people that actually cared about company future but over time they were left confused and disillusioned in the direction of the company’s decisions. It’s not common to receive emails welcoming new employees on weekly basis since people are constantly leaving. I wish the best for any future employees but unfortunately they will most likely leave with similar thoughts and feeling as I did. This the first time for me writing any reviews about past enployer but had to advise any future employees of how it was and is at good eggs.
Pros
Good snacks, OK free lunch(hit/miss)
Cons
Constant changes at will, whoever is in managerial position.
Never again
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Poor Management, all routes came out late, you weren't paid for the time you started, you were only paid when you left on your route. reimbursements for mileage would take a month. unorganized chaos. shifting thru cartons to find specific stops and to consolidate cartons that had one or 2 items each. Half the time, the company cargo vans weren't filled up with fuel, meaning you had to use your own funds to fill up the vehicles. Any questions about the role or position or even for help while on route would go unanswered. They say they promote from within, but they always hire from the outside, so you don't get to advance further in the company. Managers were more concern about getting orders out then trying to fix back orders from getting out at a decent time. just about all deliveries were late and driver would be written up for routes that weren't sent out on time and if there's traffic, forget it, the drivers were to blame. The in house lunches were only 15 minutes long, and any other lunches that were made specifically for drivers can't take them till after 2:30pm.
Pros
working with drivers
Cons
management, lunches, time, hours
Lack of Review, poor/no pay increase for taking on additional responsibilites
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Unless you absolutely have to, do not come work for this company. In my time here, people that have been here for years before me have been fired for NOT getting into a fight with a new hire, and been demoted to menial labor despite having more responsibilities previously.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
unreasonable hours. management actively looks for any reason to fire employees
Untrustworthy Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Some managers are good but most are part of a clique that isn't afraid to lie or bend the truth. They are willing to lie to investors, vendors, worker
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Weird manipulative games
Work culture
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 19, 2019
People are great, just need to be more creative on the hiring process. The higher management team is very solid and good people. I feel that employees should be more grateful and appreciate the company more.
Pros
Free lunch
The worst
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Horrible company to work for. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Management don't care about their employees. So disorganized and very rude.!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Nothing bad about goodeggs :):)
Warehouse fullfillillment (Current Employee) –  901 rankin st san francisco ca 94124December 27, 2018
Working for Goodeggs for me is a good experience you can learn a lot if your open to learn..Coworkers are like any other place , new hires got to prove they belong ..they have to show up on time , and do their job . bottom line you give respect you get respect ..off top.. There may be a few more than usual co workers that can seem intimidating ..dropping. Luggs here and there about you or making indirect comments about you ..however they never say anything to you .talk about you as if they knew you aside from work. .fake smiles .. Its the Same as any other place. How u handle this at work shows who yoj are ..pay is never late or short.Good managers and supers...bottom line what you give is what you get.. Get it.. ? Goodeggs is overall a A GOOD EMPLOYER and AGOOD PLACE TO WORK
Pros
Be readh to work
Cons
Lazy workers do t last long
Quick, Easy Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2018
I worked for Good Eggs through a contract app called Wonolo. You show up, provide proof of ID/CDL and then you're assigned a route. If you show up 15 minutes before your shift, it'll give you enough time to get assigned a route and to pack. Once I got my cart of boxed groceries, I loaded them into my vehicle, opened the driver app and got on my way. The staff was friendly and the environment was laid-back. Everything is pretty much self-explanatory and we got paid $20/hour. The hours are usually 4-6 hours MAX. Great side-job and they're always hiring full time.
Pros
You choose days/flexible
Cons
not efficient if you do not live within 50 miles
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2018
Our new manager is a complete A-hole..he walks around barking new orders..rather tjan fix our old problems..he just makes new ones daily..nobody likes working for him..EVERYONE hates him
Good Eggs was a wonderful company to work for.
Operations Associate/ Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
I loved working for Good Eggs. The culture was warm and enthusiastic. I will miss the great pay and fast paced environment. Management was helpful and always there when I needed assistance.
good eggs good people
warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94124June 19, 2018
Good people, but it's like anywhere else. Good and Bad walk hand in hand. They truly do try to create a good culture, however it is only as good as the people backing the words.
Good Benefits, Growing Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2018
The stock options are an exciting opportunity. It seems like a rapidly growing company, able to compete with diverse companies such as Blue Apron and Amazon.
Pros
Benefits, Growth
Cons
Poor Management
Picker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2018
While working at Good Eggs. I've learned that the company doesn't fully support its employees like they say they do. The company recently had an increase in pay, but that was because of a low employment rate and a poverty strict end city.
fast pace
SENIOR OPERATIONS RECEIVING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
busy and a lot of work so time goes by really fast. We get free lunch everyday. a lot of employees and big warehouse company a lot of orders but its pretty chill.
Very competitive
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2018
Very competitive, very cool people, cant advance within the company, play favorites a lot, very bias. Not very diverse. Unorganized, start-up company so it needs some time to heal. I worked my butt off for almost 6 months to get a higher position they said I would get and I did not. I wouldn't be upset about it if they hired in-house instead of out. There's a lot of people there that deserve way more than what they are receiving.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
hourly pay not enough for the expectations
Nice place with great benefits. Great staffing and overall good people.
Produce Asociate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2018
Good Eggs is a good company. They offer health insurance and other benefits. The produce department is where it's at. Everyone is kind and is willing to help anyone who is struggling. You feel very welcome and is a great job to learn about produce along with any other organic products.
Pros
Free lunch, Great staff, Benefits
Cons
pressure, New Company, Communication Problems
A good, fast paced and simple job
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The job is pretty straight forward and very easy with a good pay (when they paid mileage). Over all good experience and would recommend anyone to go work for them.
Pros
easy and simple job
poorly disorganized
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2018
the company just wings it; they claim they have a business model but when questioned they always say working on it, they seem to get caught off guard and react instead of being proactive, at one time they were a good company to work for but that is all changing. promotions seem to be based on favoritism and not hard work. the benefits are shifting to reward the office people and make the grunts pay more. they are planning on expanding again but yet they are not making money but spending the money of the investors. they seem to have a high rate of turnover. its just not a good company with a clear vision
Pros
meals but you have to like chicken
Cons
management
groovy place to work
Operations Associate/Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2017
productive and fun workplace with refreshing culture and wonderful purpose driven mission statement. great sense of community and purpose..............
Hard Labor
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2017
Hard Labor work, Pay should be higher due to opening another location and the strenuous labor. Doing one thing all day repetitively. Hardest part is staying focused when walking around and standing all day.
Pros
free lunch everyday and snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Eggs. Our community is ready to answer.