Good Samaritan Hospital San Jose (Good Samaritan Hospital)

Good Samaritan Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Working Environment
Certified Dietary Manager CFPP (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 14, 2018
What I loved the most about working here is that the overall environment is team based. My coworkers were friendly and supportive. My manager allowed for a lot of empowerment for me to do my job. I was sad that I had to leave due to relocating. I would definitely recommend this place of employment.
Good
Blood Bank Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2018
I had great experiences with employees and good experience with great environment . In my department was like more than anyone happy work with the company.
Spd
Lead Sterile Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2018
Fast paced, multitask, p.c skills, quantity over quality with change in management, lack of integrity, pay and absenteeism
spd = saving people daily.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
No continuing education program, company doesn't require certification for sterile processing, pay scale, lack of management due to recent change.
No time at home
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 10, 2018
The pay is great but a lot of weekends and evening shifts for PRN’s. The goal would be to find a full time position here but they don’t come open often. Clean place to work great benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Time
Worked literally half my life here...gave them all I had
Health Information Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 9, 2018
23 years employed here and I am currently 42 years old. Lies absolute lies spread about me and I was terminated due to "absolute hearsay". This was so so wrong on so so many levels. I have heard things from the top managers and CEO that would rock this small town .
Pros
Insurance and that was absolutely it
Cons
Your are nothing to them but what you can earn them...ask the physicians.
Overbearing workplace
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 4, 2018
It’s not the best place to work. But it gets the bills paid. Easy to get to, right in the center of the campus. Work can be very overwhelming but if you buckle down it’s not really that bad.
Pros
Health care
Cons
I was pleased with my job at Good Samaritan but am looking for something with better hours for a family and would like to teach.
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2018
I had good employees at my job who supported me but in labor and delivery it was very physically demanding of one nurse working a 12 hour shift. Often time lunch break was not given due to the acuity of labor and delivery.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor health benefits, physically demanding job, not off on weekends or holidays on top of long hours each day.
Good place to work for college students.
Patient Access Representative & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 2, 2018
Depends on location placed, the culture changes. There’s a lot of favoritism and prejudice shown by management. Best to do your job and leave for peace of mind.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to advance unless you know someone.
Amazing nurses
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2018
I worked with many of the same nurses for 26 years. There was a strong team playing atmosphere. There were traveling nurses that said over and over that our patient workload was harder than most every where they had worked, abut what made the difference, and why they liked Good Samaritan was how the nurses supported each other.
Great place to work. Advancements and opportunities
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2018
Working environment was great. Always busy but pleasant. Great staff of co employees. Management was opened to suggestions and ideas of the employees for a smooth ran operation. Diverse workplace got along well with others. The hardest part of the position was making sure other departments was as dedicate to making the office run as smooth. The most enjoyable part of the job was patient satisfaction.
Pros
Health fairs, hospital week, employee appreciation week
Cons
30 minute meal break
Good Samaritan Hospital
Dietary Aide III (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 1, 2018
Good Sam works to ensure patients are well cared for. However, employee moral was low and management was very strict. Moreover, the interdisciplinary team was not collaborative.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Lacking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJuly 30, 2018
Culture at Good Sam has shifted in recent years. Morale is lower and the place just isn't the same as it used to be. Still a great employer with good benefits and good management.
Quick paced, Hard Work, Great Team Players
Sanitation Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
With the hard work and quick pace, Good Samaritan Hospital was a place of good team players who get along and work well together. Everyone worked together to get the job done.
Pros
Team Players, Friendly staff
Promotes from syaff
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 23, 2018
Job security is very good. Mid management is very hands on and supportive. Team work was at a high level making job tasks very positive.Working with physicians can be very difficult and stressful. Assistant department heads were very supportive and made a point of following up on issues when required. Positive experience.
excellent care received at this hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYJuly 22, 2018
this hospital has an emergency room that works as a team. they have excellent providers and nursing staff that will take care of you and your family needs.
Excellent hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2018
I have time to do externship over there within 3months and learnt a lot of from many experience people. Nice manager and leader who are giving me chance to learn and hand on a lot.
Excellent place to work
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  East Islip, NYJuly 10, 2018
Small hospital with lots of opportunities to pick up extra hours and flexible hours, multicultural very organized where everyone knows what to do and is well trained.
Pros
Great opportunities to grow
Cons
Not good shift available
Nice place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2018
Plenty of in service and on job continuing education. Will recommend this hospital as a good place to learn proper ways of carrying out your job as a nurse.
A typical day
Kitchen Aide/Dietician Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJuly 9, 2018
I would go in and look at the jobs I would need to perform (pot washer, employee cafeteria, deliver the foods trays to the patients.) Theirs a lot of teamwork in the department because their is one goal and that is make the patients happy.
Pros
Teamwork, Family atmosphere, Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting and rewarding work.
CERTIFIED NURSES AIDE (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJuly 4, 2018
I went from their Nursing Home they operated to working in a Med-Surge Unit and liked the change and the work environment. the nurses there were very good to work with overall, with good leadership on my unit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.