Good Samaritan Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 7, 2019
Great place to work. Great department, very nice co workers who will teach you alot. Flexible scheduling and supportive staff. Management is not consistent.
Not Terrible
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 4, 2019
Hard to say really because it probably varies by department and which position you hold. However, the company has a history of violating various laws and paying large sums of money in fines. Unfortunately, this means their stock often fluctuates and so do the raises.
supportive, stable, satisfying team building organization
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 21, 2019
Good Samaritan Medical center provided me with a stable and supportive work environment with many great oppertunities for advancement in education and practice as a registered nurse as well as a physical therapist assistant.
N/a
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 10, 2019
Different environmental then what I was accustomed to. Seeing a lot of things working in the E.D. Working in the E.D. exposes you to a lot of things that you wouldn't see every day.
Actual cultural experience incongruent with corporate message
Clinical Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJuly 3, 2019
The culture promoted is a noble one. That being said, there was 100% turnover in my department during my last position due to a toxic culture. Since that time there has been a 100% turnover in the C-Suite and nearly the same at the leadership level at the system level. This again represents cultural/ political rifts. Perhaps this is a good change and perhaps not. I cannot speak to the current culture since these changes, only my experience at the time.
Volunteering here was a good experience
Volunteer - Gift shop (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2019
Although I didn't get any direct medical experience, it was a good exposure to the work and medical field. Since I worked in the gift shop I gained a lot of retail experience.
horrible
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 2, 2019
the worst company you could work for service is horrible management sucks the whole staff was rude and hardley did any work asked to speak with the managemenr team over my boss about my problems because she hadnt solved them she had a problem
Best place I have ever woried
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fayette, COMay 19, 2019
I Loved everything about working at Good Samaritan Medical Center,Co workers, Boss, Supervisor,VIP's Management,Dr's, Nursing Staff, Volunteers , Best Job I have ever had the pleasure of working,They are very interested in making Staff feel appreciated and a part of everything that happens at the hospital, I was a part of a training video we did at the hospital that included everyone from different departments it was a blast and fun to be around amazing people. I never wanted to leave never intended to give up on the greatest place and people that I have ever worked I will always love you Good Samaritan for everything you did for me.
Pros
Amazing management, rewarding experience
Cons
Short breaks
the most enjoyable part of the job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 3, 2019
the most enjoyable part of the job would be keeping patients happy. I like to say jokes and make them feel important and keep the smile on their faces. I like when they remember me, and tell me how theyre glad to see me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Worked happily for 23 yrs at Good Sam Cincinnati ,Ohio
Ward Clerk / Outpatient Surgery Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2019
I was a unit clerk and worked all but the ER & Hemodialysis dept. I learned something new most everyday since I floated to different medical and surgical area.The majority of my coworkers were hardworking and professional. There was abundant chances to make extra money. I felt appreciated for the effort I but forth and receive high scores on my job evaluations.
Pros
Free Garage parking, cafeteria discounts, coupons for gift shop discounts
Cons
Large building - long walks to and from necessary areas
I loved my patients and the 2 providers I worked for. I worked for an MD there for 26 years, the last 3 I worked for an NP and loved her also
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 14, 2019
Loved my provider and patients there. Team work not very good. I worked alone, which was fine, but then was criticized for OT. I was the 40 hour person
Pros
I received the above and beyond award from my company
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, had to eat at desk most days to catch up from morning
Great manager, great employees, just need higher pay
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COApril 12, 2019
OR has excellent managers and workers. Everyone just complains they are not paid enough (which is true). Otherwise very pleasant environment and I greatly enjoyed my time there.
Great Emloyees
Employee Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYMarch 27, 2019
The GSHMC employees are the best. Miss them very much. The hospital is a very busy place to work. Some good days, some off days - as anywhere. The employee cafeteria is very healthy and the staff is wonderful.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Leadership
Difficult working environment
Nursing Assistant Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 23, 2019
Not a lot of positive people. Not many people like working here. There were always plenty of shifts though and I could work whenever I was available.
Pros
Lots of hours available.
Cons
No one has your back
Great Staff in the Emergency Department, too many changes recently, it's becoming too corporate and too hard to take care of patients.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COMarch 17, 2019
I used to love the ED at Good Sam. Then the corporate changes began, with all focus placed on satisfaction surveys, with little regard to staff satisfaction or patient safety. There has been a loss of so many great nurses and leaders, and it's all about the bottom line. It's a bummer.
library
Medical Library Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 10, 2019
Good Sam has a BEAUTIFUL medical library. The librarian is a wonderful, intelligent, and thoughtful woman who works very hard and is excellent at her job.
Fun
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 25, 2019
Work hard but with good people. Most days I float to only one unit, sometimes two. I enjoy the variety and the work. The culture is positive and most people are happy to be there
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
getting busier
Very workable
front Desk, East Coast Valet (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 18, 2019
It has its ups and downs. It is a hospital and you have to be on your feet at all times. Everyone is so sweet and kind and willing to help out one another.
horrible run quick director is a bonehead and supervisors are worst doug is horrible
Environmental Services aide (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYFebruary 15, 2019
horrible place to be nobdy cares about anyone but themselves they don't do anything about a problem till it has esulcated to hr they are horrible and their staffing is horrible in housekeeping uncaring unwilling and they are very negative
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 14, 2019
Sometimes staffing is low which can be difficult to deal with. New management which is very supportive of nurse and staff. Great co workers and support from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.