Good Samaritan Medical Center Employee Reviews

great learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJuly 16, 2018
My experiences as a CNA at Good Samaritan helped prepare me for a career in a physician assistant role by learning the basics of the patient-practitioner relationship and establishing rapport with patients. I also learned to work as a team with other practitioners.
I Serve the board of Directors
I serve as a member on the Board of Directors (Current Employee) –  Jasper, GAJuly 5, 2018
I previously worked with the Elig department and now serve on the Board of Directors. We meet monthly to review how the organization is functioning and serving the community.
Great work location
Executive Assistant to Senior Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Good Samaritan. I enjoyed both the experience and the people. I am confident anyone who works for this organization will enjoy it.

Thanks
Great co-workers
RN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 28, 2018
Amazing co-workers, management, continuing education, 5:1 ratio. Working night shift is the toughest part of my job. I love my co-workers and the support I have here.
Supportive coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 13, 2018
During nights that were overwhelming and stressful, I could count on my coworkers to help me out. It is a safe environment to ask questions and get help.
Friendly staff
Anesthesiologist (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working with my fellow staff members during the short time that I was at Good Samaritan. However, I was only there for 7 months and have been away for 18 years, so I can't comment on how it is to work there now.
Hard Working and focused place to work
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COMay 25, 2018
hard working place that you can accomplish your goals as long as you are willing to put in the time and energy, hours can be crazy but that is to be expected when first working on the job
It's okay
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYMay 15, 2018
It was a good job for the most part. There's cliques and management surely had their favorites, which was made obvious. But the co-workers were mostly good, the days were stressful at times, but nothing unmanageable. If I had to go back, I wouldn't mind working there again.
Nothing happened for the 1 and half months
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMay 9, 2018
Worked in for my first Time as a Traveller OR Nurse,there was very brief Orientation with an expectation of overwhelming out put regardless of knowledge to staff and Supervisor of me being new to Nurse Travelor assignments and I guess this was their right.There was low work volume season which caused staff to be idle and costcontained,this affected me and my contract was prematurely terminated according to my view.I enjoyed the labor and delivery assignments which gave experience in providing Nursing Care for mother and Baby intraoperatively
Pros
Hot beverages readily available during breaks
Cons
A lot of iddleness
hosp not moving into the next century
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 6, 2018
seems the newer and harder you work, the less you are respected and valued. but if your 90 years old, and your only job there is to breathe, you get all kinds of accolades.
Supportive Director and co-workers
Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 27, 2018
I loved working on the Oncology Floor! The staff on this floor gave exceptional care to their patients and the learning opportunities were always present.
Good place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COApril 17, 2018
A good fun place to work. Unfortunately not a lot of room for advancement. Fun working environment. Long hours with little times for breaks. Good co-workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Decreased advancement potential.
Great co-workers but a lot of call
GI ENDOSCOPY Charge RN (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 4, 2018
too much call

one Great MD out of the team of 5

Great collaboration with OP Pre-Op and PACU staff

Dilapidated endo room that needed refurbished

patients commented on the poor condition of the suite
Worst job I ever had.
Peri-Operative Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYMarch 28, 2018
The work day was always stressful due to managers that didn't have a clue what they were doing. They offered a decent amount of sick time but you would get penalized for using any of it. Everyone there was more concerned with what other people were doing or not doing rather than doing their own job. There is no time clock so I witnessed a lot of people coming in late or leaving early and not recording it. At one time it was very employee friendly but now Catholic Health services runs the show and its all about the dollar.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
split breaks so you can never have enough time to eat, Poor management. Expensive benefits for family plans
Worked without benifits but was paid extra in liue of
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
Assisted cardiologist with cardiac cath under sterile technique as well as pacemaker implants and EP studies. The hardest part of the job was doing caths on babies.
Pros
Great peers
Cons
Rapid turnover of Managers
a typical day at work
RN - CCU (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The supervisor is great along with the workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is being along side patients and making a difference.
Good team environment
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COMarch 5, 2018
The staff worked well together and helped each other when needed. The staff and I were able to work out our own vacation hours, lunches, and work hours.
Pros
was able to work out our own vacation hours
Cons
Not much interaction with management
Productive and very organized
Room Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 25, 2018
My review of a Room Service Operator is to send standard trays to patients who are not able to order, take meal orders by answering the phone, and by the end of the night I send trays to anybody that hasn't ordered by the time we close. I also learned different diet orders that the patients are placed on. Learning the different diet orders was the hardest part of the job due to the fact that some patients have a very strict diet order, but we all work together to make sure there is a clear understanding on what is being done and sent to the patients room.
Pros
Communicating, and helping the patients
Cons
Having disagreements with other co-workers or nurses
Wonderful Experience
R. EEG T (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 18, 2018
I've worked at a few different hospitals and Good Samaritan, although a small hospital was one of my favorites. Being the only tech in the department, I had a lot of responsibility but I never felt overlooked. My manager always valued my ideas and helped me whenever I needed it. They were very flexible with me and allowed me to expand my schedule at times. If I moved back to Colorado I would love to work there again.
Pros
flexible, very considerate, friendly
Volunteer
Volunteer services (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2018
This was not a job for me, I volunteered and I loved the hospital. It was beautiful and the staff was so kind. I would love to work here in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.