Play YouTube video button

Found 1,173 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Good Samaritan Society selected this as a representative review
Nice Company to work for
Nice organization to work, each staff was helpful from Nurses, Nurse's aides, Hr staff
I cannot say nothing bad about the company, everybody is involved in the care of the residents. Great hours, there are opportunities to grow within the company, friendly staff.
Pros
Teamwork, Opportunity to grow with the company, help and support from staff
Cons
N/a
Informed
The company does an excellent job at keeping the staff informed of all things. They use group text messaging, emails, posters, ect. to make sure the staff is aware of current situations. Management encourages your self improvement but not pushy. Provide resources so that you have information to correctly do your job. Prayer is supported and encouraged.
That they need to go somewhere else
It's not as godly as they say
They think that they owe you. That if they call u run.thdy do not care about the staff just 💰

Have bosses and lpn listen to the cna
Great company, amazing DON!
Great company to work for. Management and staff truly care about the residents. Amazing DON who has great leadership. Great nurses who are caring and nice. CNA's are hard working and caring.
Advancement
I went from universal worker at an apartment building to high level dementia care in the same facility. Could have easily went to get a CNA, many of my co-workers have, and gotten compensated for the certification. There are scholarships available.
There are hard days where it feels like none of the residents want to cooperate with you but there are also days where you are called pretty and hard working by the resident that you take care of on a daily basis.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The most important job is taking care of the elderly and the advance training to move up to other departments
It's a great company to work for and you learn alot to advance you in your career. If you love working with the elderly this is the place for you. Offer alot of position.
Pros
Great pay benefits and training
Great
Love the environment, people and of course the residents. Every day is different and presents a different challenge. Promote continuing education and leadership opportunities.
safety and awareness
looked forward to going to work every day. Injoyed all the residents that I have cared for while I was there. Working 4 days on and 2 off rotation was good, because it is a fast paced job.
Everything is bad at this place
The only good thing working at this place are the benefits, if you call in one day no matter if it’s an emergency you are FIRED! Stressful environment! Cnas don’t work as a team, you don’t get support from management they say they understand you but they don’t. Worst place to work at.
Wonderful Clients
Worked solo at this location. Super friendly location. All the clients were amazing. Some support from upper management but I was basically on my own.
Awesome people and great place to work. Meeting new residents was always a fun aspect of this job. It payed really well too! The hours were fit to my daily schedule and I could always pick up or trade more. I appreciated that.
Would not recommend them as a workplace
Very unhappy with management including upper management and HR. I was harshly disciplined for a “history” of actions I did not have and did not have proof of having done. An interim member of management entered the picture and was making these decisions without knowing the whole story, or asking questions to clarify.
Pros
The residents, working with them!
Cons
The management.
Family setting,needs more communication
Love helping the residents and getting to know them .Most everyone was really nice to work with,but everyone needed to work about getting on and staying on the same page.All in alI I loved my job.I only left because my doctor didn't want me there during Corona virus. I will go back if they need me at a later day.
Very toxic coworker relationships
There is too much gossip to be happy doing your job. It's worse than high school drama. Just not very professional. Actual work is enjoyable, just cant trust others.
Good Samaritan
I loved my job at first but didn’t fee very appreciated. I always picked up hours and never felt like I was truly appreciated for doing so. I felt like they didn’t care if you gave up time with your kids to help them
management was disrespectful
a day at work was stressful. i didn't really learn anything from here. management was terrible, rude, disrespectful, not all understanding. workplace environment was draining, and very stressful. the hardest part of the job was when the manager were telling me im not doing my job right, after i cleaned the room they would check me out to see how i did but they went in there to look after a resident went in there not after i was done cleaning so of course it would be a mess. the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Not worth it, life too short to waste you time
They’re racist.. I never thought or was to naïve to think that person who is more qualified for the job didn’t get a job because he’s not Hispanic he’s white it’s very sad and unacceptable
The most enjoyable part of my day is serving the residents in the dining room for lunch. I also learned as a cold prep, I learned how to prepare a proper salad and to make starter salads for the residents .
Love the family that I work with!
The culture at Good Sams is good. Typical day is 6-6:30. I started as a LPN floor nurse and became the first LPN Unit Manager at this facility. Love wounds and the Wound Vac training that I received thru KCI.
Favoritism
Not everybody gets treated the same, unfair compensations and expectations, only following policies when it fits their need as in applying policies to certain employees yet looking the other way with others
Amazing Work Environment and Culture
I am amazed by the team at Good Sams. They are strong leaders willing to to help towards to goal of resident centered care. It is a very inclusive environment. No micro-management. Just happy.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight