Good Samaritan Society

United States1,370 reviews

Found 1,370 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,386 reviews
samaritannursesamamazegssco-workercnacare

productive work environment

Great place to work, everyone is very respectful, the pay could be better.Management is good for the most part and are very good with an open-door policy.

Toxic work environment

Upper management has created a toxic work environment and corporate refused to do anything about it. Administrator has anger management issues. Lots of turnover in staff and very short staffed.

Good Samaritan Society insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Family Atmosphere

The local building shares a common goal of providing the highest care possible. At times the staff are short due to the ongoing worker crisis in the nation. They are not graduating nurses quick enough to replace those leaving the field. It is hard work yet rewarding. At times there has been some drama, but the team always seems to disagree, but professionally. We can grab drinks afterward. I am excited where we have come and where we are going. Very friendly and supportive environment.

You were just a number on a punch card

We were constantly short staffed, seriously short staffed, running workers to the point of exhaustion there should never have only been 2 CNAs for days working with 40+ residents, they didn't receive the care and compassion they deserved because there was never enough time. DON and hiring personal played favorites ALOT, ganging up on others and basically forcing them out the door.

Does not have competitive wages

Corporation that doesn't care about their employees, paying them significantly less in comparison however expect productivity to be just as high as other companies in the area.

Terrible Place to work

The administration team is terrible and they will favorite people. They over work the CNA's and RN's. The residents even say its like a prison. They don't pay like they should and everybody in the administration team is 2 faced and will lie about you and gossip about everyone. The administration team is absolutely terrible with communication. The residents will also get abandoned for long periods of time due to lack of cna's on the floor (2 cna's for 25+ residents). The residents don't get shoes or clothes when needed, the staff will get scolded for not doing exactly what they are told, even if it is to help a resident. Residents call lights will be ringing for hours on end because there is no one certified to help them in time. I could go on and on about this place, but in conclusion, if you work here you will be in h*ll the whole time.

Pros

the residents are amazing

Cons

everything else.

Good, stable workplace.

Depending which site and department you work at staff are well trained and supportive. Some sites have high turnover. Salary is comparable but on the low side - again depends what designation you are. Welcoming place to work. The hardest has been being short staffed, but staff are hired regularly so it comes to being steady quick for front line, not so much for other departments, some spots are harder to fill so others continue working short. Management/leadership turnover can be difficult on staff for sure, that's happening quite a bit lately in some sites.

Great coworkers

All the great coworkers does not make up for the insignificant pay and the very over crowding of residents. Management never gets cuts , but hands on workers do, and management is never there on evening,overnight or weekends.

Pros

Free food from Domino’s

Cons

Domino’s gives me diarrhea

Ok

Can be better because changing peoples schedule is just ridiculous. Short of staff is an issue but other than that this is a good company to work for.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Some coworkers are just hard to work with

Mostly good staff at that time to work with.

Always working short staffed, always busy and get in trouble for overtime when it can't be avoided from falls and incidents. We needed a unit clerk (9a-5p or 10a-6p) for the phones and misc work so we wouldn't have to leave the floor when doing meds and treatments.

Pros

Working with the residents

Cons

Pay, Short breaks, never enough staff, got in trouble for overtime when it couldn't be avoided.

Low pay- high expectations

This job pays RNs minimally. Some incentives were offered which offset the low starting wage. Full time employee’s get stuck working weekends and holidays. If your scheduled day to work falls on a holiday (which could happen when you’re working 5 days a week) then you could get stuck working every major holiday in a year. They should seriously consider implementing rotating holidays. On top of working every other weekend, you are also responsible to pick up an on call rotation- all weekend on your weekend off. It’s nice overtime but again, there is the potential to work 7+ days in a row if others call in sick. There has been some turnover with upper level management and new management doesn’t seem to understand their roles or responsibilities. Overall the work culture is nice, CNAs and nurses work as a team. Dietary is great for being many young employees. Residents are well taken care of but this is not the 5 star facility it was 5 years ago.

Beautiful building, poor staff support

Good samaritan society grand island is the lowest paying long term care facility in town, and they also have the least amount of staff caring for the patients.

No Work life balance

The building staff are wonderful. Poor poor management at administration and corporate level. You can beg for clinical help and are told too bad and then management proceeds to vacation.

Behind in every area of practice

Good Samaritan is significantly behind in wages than comparable companies and even further behind in technology and processes. The management is inexperienced and care more about increasing services with little to no staff than fixing the little to no tools they give you. No training, no orientation and continuous mixed messages and changes make for a confusing and frustrating work environment for all. The I.T. Department is an absolute nightmare.

Stressful, over worked, under paid

Would not recommend this job, we're short staff but yet still taking in residents, residents were not taking care of the way they should. D.O.N was rude and talks down to CNAs

Decent pay the only pro

Lots of dishonesty and rumors and using and abusing of staff with no appreciation or recognition for hard work like most nursing home environments. Pays better than some competitors.

Not a good place

Do not get paid for the work we do. Management doesn't care. Workers can be late or not show up an no action taken against them. Some parts of the job are very rewarding.

Worrisome

This was PT for homecare assessment and education. Education ended because of money, and paper alternatives. Unlicensed untrained people were allowed to work without supervision, and some were aggressive trying to act as a RN or even a physician.

Pros

Started good but then down hill.

Cons

State inspection should have been better, talking to the nurse doing assessments

Overall alright

For the record nursing homes are super regulated. More than any other heth care service out there.Good Sam is actually one location of a much larger system of nursing homes and like medical clinics. There's the hierarchy within the building, but those who do the hiring and interview process are not on site.The hiring process was like, a month. I had to pass a significant background check. They also issued a drug test in the form of a UA. I have one solid complaint against good sam. I was hired on with a criminal background. I was up front with them during the hiring process. I was hired anyways.I was hired on, and immediately was out into overtime because everything and everyone was short staffed. I worked there for 7 months. As soon as my department was fully staffed I had another background check run on me, it had the same results as the first, and then I got let go. If you don't have anything tripping you up and want to work on a nursing home, good Sam as good of a place as any.

Wonderful culture and facility

Management is very helpful and supportive. Great culture among the staff. Typically staffed well and feel appreciated as an employee. Not surprised this is a five-star facility.

Pros

Culture, management

It’s family oriented, coworkers are great

Management is ok but lacks communication. I loved my team they are understanding and always willing to give a helping hand. Loved working with the elderly as there’s always something to learn from them wherever it be a lesson or their ways of lifestyle before.

Common questions about Good Samaritan Society

Answered by current and former employees at Good Samaritan Society

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight