Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Lots of negativity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lyons, KSOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed caring for the residents that I did, the staff was always very negative. Difficult to enjoy working with staff that obviously doesn't care about one another.
elderly care
Registered Nurse/Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 7, 2018
A typical day starts with setting up my computer. Seeing patients and assessing them. Doing paperwork. I learned a new program for my job. Management is fairly young. Hardest part of my job is losing patients. Enjoyable is some of the staff I work with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not getting off work when I need to
Good company to work for with a great drive to care for patients
CNA 2 Mentor (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 5, 2018
Good Samaritan is a great place to work for, I work with some very caring people who love what they do. Some days are m ore stressful then others due to census being low and staffing cuts. I enjoy caring for my residents and getting to know them daily. I dislike that a lot of times I feel rushed and cant not give the time they deserve.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Low census, staffing cuts
Good place
CMA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, KSOctober 4, 2018
I really enjoyed work for Good Sam the company is great. But they really need to look in to hire people who are not scared to take charge do there job be the boss not everyone friend . I think that's it nice they treat you like family . But residents need better care and less attitude from staff .
Pros
Love
Cons
Some times no breaks
Good working environment
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 1, 2018
I've worked in places where your coworkers make your life miserable. This is not the case. Everyone is so friendly and hands-on, the managers care for their employees.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Good Samaritan home care. I've learned so much within the past year of working there. The staff and patient's are all amazing.
Productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bottineau, NDSeptember 30, 2018
Fun, friendly staff. Very well organized workplace. Offers the opportunity to advance in your nursing career with their operation of POOL. POOL is traveling as an RN/LPN/CNA to different Good Samaritan Society's through out North Dakota with a much better pay rate.
Management is aweful to employees
Universal Worker/community living program (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 24, 2018
Management does not care about employees. Program director lies does not have a backbone to make people accountable instead punished everyone. Shows favoritism.
Official response from Good Samaritan Society
October 15, 2018

The Good Samaritan Society is built on a legacy of respecting one another which means treating everyone equally. Thank you for your comments, we will work with our leadership team to address them.

Certified nursing assistant
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 22, 2018
Management is terrible, horrible, no good very bad. Have had 5 different director of nursing, 2 different administrators and human resource people. Employees don’t even last a week before they quit. Staff is lazy and rude to residents and nothing is done about it. Completely under staffed, refuse to bring in agency or extra or work the floor to help. Staff burn out and they don’t care. Poor communication, meetings are pointless and don’t accommodate all shifts. You have to find your own replacements. Get denied days off even when you give them time in advance because you didn’t find anyone to work for you. Schedule is always changing. Guilt trips for calling in and told YOU HAVE TO COME IN if you don’t have a replacement.
Lacks in Training they train you on a hall and throw you on another hall to work your first day alone. No teamwork unless your friend is working that night. They want you to come in work sick just take some Tylenol we will have our nurse take a look at you here. Continual call ins.
Pros
The residents are wonderful the facility is beautiful
Cons
Terrible Management
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 20, 2018
Good Samaritan Society Sioux Falls Center has felt like a family since I first walked in the door. They have led me, & taught me compassion & care along with nursing skills & management.
Pros
Pto
Great place to be a part of. Great atmosphere.
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 19, 2018
I hadn’t planned on being at the Good Samaritan Society as long as I was there and I would have been there longer if I had the chance. Before I took this position I was unemployed. I came into this job not thrilled at all because of the funk I was in being without a job for several months. If anyone says anything bad about this place, you are crazy. You don’t truly know how much of an impact this place has had on not only myself but the staff I worked with. With every job, you’re going to have your rough days and your days where you wish it wouldn’t end because of how fun and exciting it was and that’s basically the Good Samaritan Society. Working there in my position the hours varied daily. I worked as a prn, covering housekeeping maintenance and laundry. I never worked overnights, but I would work anywhere between 6am and 6pm. The hardest part about my position was, not knowing when I’d be working because it’s basically an on call position. I worked anywhere between 18-40 hours per week. I enjoyed working with the staff and interacting with the residents. I couldn’t have asked for a better supervisor Who kept me on my toes and had a great personality. You can’t beat that on the job! It’s what makes your working days easier and makes the day fly by if you have great managers and staff you work with and enjoy work with.
Pros
Great atmosphere to be around.
Cons
No benefits- position wasn’t considered full time so it’s why I had no benefits.
Job security/advancent
Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2018
cooking, for people that they are there all the time be very carefull for people whom are in especial diets. On weekends cooked also for families whom oreder regular disshess for visitors.
Cons
Hard and not payed enough for the duties
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 17, 2018
I would have liked this more if there was a chance to make more money for what i had to do. I wish that you could transfer with having to reapply. I think that the family's of the clients should sign a contract so that they have almost no say on how you do your job. I also think that the clients should also sign a contract stating what a caregiver does and doesn't do. I also think that cleints who have more than one person living with them should not be able to have so many hrs since they have care already their.
Great place to work.
Universal Worker (Current Employee) –  Pine River, MN 56474September 16, 2018
The best part about the job is knowing that the residents are taken care of because its you who is caring for them. I love knowing what they do or don not like. The best part of the job is definitely the connections you make.
Cons
short staffed.
Great Community
Fitness Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I was a member of this community and I could not have been happier. Everyone is so helpful and it feels like a family. There are many opportunities to move up.
central MN
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pine River, MNSeptember 12, 2018
I have no commit. cooked for 60 residents on property and 60 residents off property. Did lots of scratch cooking. Need to learn lot about different type of altered special meals.
Horrible working conditions
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNSeptember 10, 2018
Management doesn’t listen to nursing concerns. Teamwork doesn’t exist. Residents don’t get good care b/c short of help. Huge turnover rate. Horrible!!
Pros
Nurses, Paycheck
Cons
Too many to list
Great people to work with
Managed Care Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  4800 W 57th St. Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 3, 2018
Work daily in billing medical claims, appeals with insurance companies, applying insurance payments correctly, calling insurance companies. We are not only going thru a change in structure, management, we are also trying to learn a new billing program, that has a numerus amount of problems for Long Term care billing. Just has become very stressful due to so many unknown.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Just all the uncertainty of everything at this time
daily route
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, SDAugust 28, 2018
I don't think the residents are all treated fairly, some of the other workers are very rude to them, and it seems like everything is rushed, and some of the residents don't have choses, so that everything is done in a shift
Pros
i had day hours
Cons
bad coworkers
Official response from Good Samaritan Society
September 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Good Samaritan Society’s mission is to create an environment where residents and clients feel loved, valued and at peace. Our employee training is in place to align with our mission. We will pass on your feedback to our leadership team for further investigation.

Changes
Clinical Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 26, 2018
Management needs to listen to staff more along with trying to find a way to improve staff satisfaction.
There is very poor communication between upper management and worker staff.
In the nursing home you get to spend time with the residents and improved their daily life.
Pros
Resident interaction.
Cons
Staff challenged and poor communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight