Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Management does not know how to do there job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 22, 2018
Management has ruined the purpose of this companys mission. They have nurse and cna's quitting by the day. They only give three days of training and leave you on the floor to just figure out. There always short staff and loads of work under paid. Very stressful and overwhelming when there's no support
Review
DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING/LAUNDRY (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 18, 2018
Nice place to work and nice coworkers, they had great health benefits. Coworkers were great. Some management did not seem to be able to work and play well with other
Overworked and STRESSFUL
Universal Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 16, 2018
overworked and most of the time doing others people job. Low staff and they treat you like a robot. Not caring about your feelings or health. Feel some racism, and overwork to the bone and very stressful job.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
overworked, treated like a machine, Low staff
it was a good place to work except we were usually understaffed
Resident care (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, KSApril 10, 2018
We usually didn't get any breaks as we were always short staffed. But we had to put down a 30 minute break on our time cards so they wouldn't get into trouble. Scheduling was a nightmare, they really need a new DSM.
Pros
The nurses were great to work with
Cons
No breaks, short staffed
Intern to full time
Intake Coordinator/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 10, 2018
This is where I got to have my internship and was offered to come on full time. I got to experience a lot and learn many things during my time there..
Pros
excellent co workers
Cons
work stability
Friendly work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Elk Horn, IAApril 5, 2018
Fast paced and rewarding. Medication knowledge and being able to multitasking are a must. 12 hr shifts for nurses, 8 hr shifts for CNA. Open minded staff, near by parking.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Low staffing
Respect to resident and stall.
QMAP/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 4, 2018
The residents and the staff were so wonderful. I would recommend anyone needing Assistant Living. and employee looking for work.. A very uplifting and god blessed environment,,
Ok job
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 3, 2018
I worked here for about 3 months and i liked the job. the clients were all really nice and management was nice as well. The pay is terrible especially when you have to use your own car to get to different job sites and to run errands for clients . The amount they pay you when you drive far is a measly 30 cent per mile over the radius they give you. I would come back maybe once i am a nurse but, if the pay is anything like it is with the aides than they can forget about it!
Pros
Nice people all around
Cons
low pay
Tight knit family-like workplace
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 1, 2018
A typical day at work for RN Case Manager is spent in the field completing 4-8 nursing visits. There are some days one may work 4-5 hours per day and some 12 hour days. There are so many opportunities for knowledge & skill advancement. Management is a pleasure to work with; they are kind and understanding. As noted in the summary the workplace culture is tight knit, I consider my co-workers part of my family. The hardest part of the job is the long days; in home care, you don't leave your work at work as in many other nursing careers. The most enjoyable part of the job is really making a difference in the lives of the clients we serve.
Deceiving
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Newell, IAMarch 31, 2018
Typical day was busy and full of multitasking.
Learned how a SNF operates and how to be certified.
Management as in administrator was not supportive in many areas and not a problem helper when it came to issues. Was not there for most events or very personable with residents or staff. Was not there most of the time. Did not help when there was issues with other co workers.
Hardest part of job was trying to do full time workload in a very part time hour world.
Most enjoyable was the residents and fulfilling their needs.
Pros
Education, Inservice learning, Residents
Cons
Below average pay, low hours, poor management
Productive, fun, growing workplace.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 30, 2018
I’ve been at Good Samaritan Society home care for six years. We’ve had continual growth within exciting atmosphere and excellent employees. We have a team atmosphere and you feel heard when you have ideas and concerns. I would highly recommend this workplace
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 30, 2018
Great place to work ! Love my coworkers and clients. You make your own schedule and are allowed to work as much (full time) or little (part time as you want
Very stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Superior, NEMarch 29, 2018
Upper management did not care. Young employees did not want to work putting more work on others. Management kept employing these young people and would not respond to complaints.
First Job
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 29, 2018
My first job was here, so I didn't really have anything to compare it to at the time. Looking back, the director of nurses was very unprofessional. He used to curse at the nurses at our meetings and was very demeaning. Always made us feel like we were dumb. Don't think I would ever return.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Unprofessional Admin
Be wise
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 28, 2018
Not worth your time this is not the company you want to work for ..go far away from this place lacks humanity but I did love the residents faces! However this place isn’t serious enough for people who really wanna make a difference
Pros
Residents
Great employees
Dietary Aide/ housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMarch 21, 2018
The Good sam is a great place to work...
the managers i worked with were INCREDIBLE people who really put their heart into the residents and their work.
Pros
It was a fun atmosphere
Cons
we did not get free lunches :/
Nice Company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 20, 2018
Nice organization to work, each staff was helpful from Nurses, Nurse's aides, Hr staff
I cannot say nothing bad about the company, everybody is involved in the care of the residents. Great hours, there are opportunities to grow within the company, friendly staff.
Pros
Teamwork, Opportunity to grow with the company, help and support from staff
Cons
N/a
Very Poor Management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianola, IAMarch 19, 2018
This location has very low life people in charge of it. All of them lie. Very fake people.They have no good morals or values. None of them care about the employees that work there.
My supervisor had a very foul mouth. She was extremely loud. She talked very disrepectfully about the residents. She didn't care who could hear her.
Pros
Working with the residents and caring for them.
Exciting, Fun, Progressive
Administrator- Home Health (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 17, 2018
I love this company because I have always been given the freedom to do my job in the way I feel is most productive toward meeting goals. There are lots of supportive people in management, and they really strive to make employees feel like they matter, their families matter, and their work is appreciated.
Pros
Culture, Professional Growth Opportunities
Cons
Expensive Medical Benefits
Terrible hours, not enough help
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miller, SDMarch 17, 2018
Was never enough help, the hours were terrible. If you called for help from someone, even the nurse on duty, would never come come to help when it was needed with a resident.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.