Good Samaritan Society Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fulfilling
RN (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 15, 2018
Overall a good place to work. The residents made it worthwhile. I just couldn't handle the expectations, mainly having to go over 24 hours without sleep to cover call offs.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
On call 24/7 in my last position
It’s easy and good pay.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
This place gave me an opportunity to work there even if I had no experience and now with the year I have there I’ve learned so much from taking care of a resident to passing out medication. It’s an easy job. The pay is great.
Was an ok job
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 10, 2018
The job was not bad but management was not good I did not get the benifets I was supposed to get that was a big down fall I did not get them because they did not set them up when they were supposed to
Pros
Got to be outside
Cons
Pay was not the best
It's nice
Certified nursing assistant/Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Howard Lake, MNAugust 8, 2018
Its a good job,I worked here for years and They truly care about you there. The management sucked when I was there but I know you would like it if you applied.
Not a good place
Health Information Director (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 8, 2018
8 people quit within a 3 month time frame. This is the type of place that if management asks for your opinion and you give it...they don't want it and will cut you off mid-sentence.
working
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontanelle, IAAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I cared for every resident like I would want one of my family members to be treated. I enjoy helping others. I got along with the other staff members and could work side by side with pretty much everyone.
respectable people highest quality
COOK (Former Employee) –  Scribner, NEAugust 6, 2018
worked for some really great people at the location that i was at, really sad it was so short lived. Was worth the the time they put in to you and advancement was everywhere
Pros
lots for free food
Cons
if you don't like giving back to the elderly, and respecting your elders, and just completely caring for someone you don't even know? that could be a con
Loved the residents
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNAugust 3, 2018
If you were one of managements “favorites” then there was no problems. Manager can be heard talking about other staff in inappropriate manner. A typical day was checking in with staff and residents, checking orders, medications etc. then anything could happen and I loved the excitement and being busy.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Politics, it’s all about the money to them
Good place tonwork
Cook (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work. Good environment the staff care about the residents and the management team cares about the staff everyone is easy to talk to and easy to get along with. This is a great job for someone going to school or a single mom Great way to supplement as a second income. So many options for shifts from full time to part time.
Pros
My supervisor is awesome
Cons
Pay isn't great
Unproductive work place with poor management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant and TMA (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MNAugust 2, 2018
Our management at the facility I worked at had poor management and poor stress handling skills. One of management people would scream/yell at other employees in the public eye.
They also forced me to take a schedule once i completed my TMA course. I told them it would not work with my College schedule or my family life.
Pros
The residents
Cons
horrible management
management
Dietary Aide/Cook, Cna, Medaide (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEJuly 31, 2018
the director of nursing is something else very rude if you weren't her friend you weren't treated well at all a lot of people have quit because of her
Caring and lovely residents
Dietary Cook, Server/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNJuly 31, 2018
The nurses and CNA's are able to function together and complete goals. The hours are flexible some of the time, while being able to work there. Hours are always available for picking up any extra shifts.
Official response from Good Samaritan Society
August 7, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your candidate experience with us and are glad to hear that you enjoy the flexible work schedule. We appreciate your service.

a great place to work at
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 30, 2018
Stared out as a housekeeper and worked my way up to Director of housekeeping great experience but stressful. Satisfying elderly people is not easy. But enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
low pay
Great Place to work!
RN (Former Employee) –  Albion, NEJuly 26, 2018
Good Samaritan Society strives to follow their mission statement. Teamwork was expected on a daily basis and rules were meant to be followed, which made things run very smoothly. Wish I still worked there.
Pros
teamwork, great benefits
Cons
blanket raises-everyone gets same amount
Coworkers were awesome.
Good Samaritan (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
I would have stayed with this company but they went to eight hour shifts. I had been hired for 12 hour shifts but they wanted eight hour five day work schedules. I lived over 50 miles away and had a large truck and the gas bill was eating into living expenses.
Pros
Management works well with staff.
Cons
Enjoyed working with residents along with co-workers
Part time LPN Charge / Inventory (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, AR 72653July 21, 2018
This is a very nice place to work in a beautiful country setting! Good Management and helpful co-workers. Enjoyed working with the residents and was great to have helpful staff that you could rely on.
Pros
Able to advance
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mohall, NDJuly 17, 2018
I loved working at the Gss in Mohall, ND I would go back to work for them any time. They worked with my schedule and gave me as many hours as I needed.
Pros
Learned allot
Cons
Worked to much
Home like Work Environment
Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 17, 2018
I feel that all the employees are like a close family. Everyone from department head to house keeping work well together, and get the job done in the most efficient way.
Bad place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 15, 2018
Do Not work here. The person in charge of the kitchen should be FIRED!! I want to know why you can't provide names, People should know these people ,for who they are.
Loved my job and my co-workers
Accounts Receivable Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 10, 2018
Worked in the Accounts Receivable department and worked with wonderful people. Very helpful and would answer any questions I had. Work was fun. Had on-site cafeteria with nice options.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan Society. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight