Good Samaritan
72Above average

Good Samaritan Employee Reviews

United States221 reviews
This is a good company to work
This is a good place to work I like to help old people you always learn something from them, they always have something to tell about them I hear a lot of histories from them.
The are very great with residents and staff, always doing activities for residents and staff to enjoy good Samariton.
They are very nice to everyone there and make you feel at home . Moreover they are always working hard to put a smile on everyone’s face . I really enjoyed being there.
Compassion
To me interactions with the residents is a gold.
And help others

And keep on track all need for tha facilities s a laundry aid lead I'm focused on job an walk that extra mile is really important.
Unhealthy work environment
Worst place to work at. Management thinks they can talk to employees any type of way. They turn new employees into slaves. They’re nice to your face and so quick to talk smack night manager does absolutely nothing and the full time manager is a loud mouth witch
Pros
Cons
This entire store is a con!!!
My contiue edcation
I enjoyed working for the company.until i became ill.a good place to work every one is helpful.frienly an kind.caring of your needs as well as the clients
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Do not recommend
I worked there and would it ever go back. I had to get tested twice (covid) and they only called me everyday because they needed someone to fill the shift. I asked them when I came back if I could be put with people that only I would be the one going in and out of the house because I do have severe asthma. They said we will work it out and never did.
Don’t pay based upon experience, racism tolerance, don’t practice what they preach, no shift differential, understaffed, poor management, favoritism.
Most residents in AL are minorities’ intolerant. They will find a way to get them out the door. Racism is rampant and management tolerates it. Many employees have been there for over 30 years but go unnoticed & unrecognized for their loyal service. There’s no budget for absolutely anything for the residents while they pay almost $4,000 to live there.
Pros
Bcbs, perfect attendance bonuses.
Cons
Racism tolerance, zero recognition, favoritism, no shift differential, understaffed, overwhelming workload, low pay, low census=not enough hours, poor management.
great place
very nice place to work at and they are very nice people.Job Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefits Job Security/Advancement

Good place
It’s a good easy job I loved working there and loved the people I worked with and it felt like home but I sadley had to move to a different city but I recommend this job
Understaffed
There is never enough staff scheduled to keep the patients and staff safe. More work is added every day so there’s even less time to spend with the patients and provide quality care.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Good Samaritan?
Lots of miscommunications among the food network but workers are friendly.
There have been multiple instances of lack of resources, food, and ingredients due to people not listening, not sharing all the necessary information, and misunderstanding directions. However, the workers there are very nice people, and are very helpful and understanding during training.
Everything good
It was an excellent place to work everybody was nice they work with you everyone speaks and compassion with you there is team work and other expect to follow just make sure you do your part and nobody will even noice you their
Great
The enjoyment of helping people.Making a difference in someone's life...whether big or small. It's the small things that matter and are the most noticeable.
Productive and a fun place to work and have nice residents
to stay busy at what you do. to learn all the residents diet cards and there diets.really good management. and they hired a new director. it is a good work place alot of nice people there. when employess dont show up on time and you have to do there job. being with the residents and being able to help them out and see them everyday you work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
health care benifits and short breaks
Good Management
The cook staff is just great. The head chef and sou chef are both really smart and nice men. They are never degrading and will teach you a lot of things daily.
Extremely poor management
Several so called supervisors telling you what to do and its all different
Very demanding and disrespectful managing using sarcasm and insults all day long.
A great company whose been taking care of my disable cousin and takes good care of our family.
I really love this friendly christian company. They are fair and very good to my cousin and our family. Great pay and great hours but honestly wish I could have more hours but I know we split the hours with our family members.
Certified Nursing Home
Provided care to residents who need assistance with dressing, feeding and bathing. Helped family members and friends. Helped them to not fall on the floor.
I gave out meds and helped residents with daily living.
This was a very rewarding career. Most of the residents were great to be around. They loved to visit. They relied on you for help,security, and safety.
Great company to work for, not the same things day after day. They value all of there employees, like there open door policy. They will fight for you if need to be
Good
Good Samaritan has great staff. They make you feel welcome and comfortable. I love how clean the hospital is. I love that it is a small hospital. Love the environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan. Our community is ready to answer.