Good Samaritan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
was able to learn new skills
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, ARJune 26, 2018
semi laid back but sometimes very stressful. loved making the residents lives more enjoyable and stress free. hardest part was losing a resident I considered family or a friend. I learned a lot but was also able to sharpen my skills on things I already knew. a lot of management changes so I wasn't able to get to know a few of them very well but the ones I worked with over the years did there job very well.
A rewarding job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 9, 2018
Taking care of patients as a CNA is a rewarding experience. The patients and staff were great to work with. The management worked with you with your schedule.
Very rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2018
I volunteered as a kid growing up, it is a very rewarding place to be in. You get to see so many smiling faces and helped so many people with their day. I'm definitely recommend anybody working there if they want a very rewarding job.
Pros
Friendly, rewarding
Great coworkers
Nursing (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYMay 19, 2018
Very poor leadership
Not trustworthy at all
No. Union
Rules change daily and unit to unit
No support or education
Not about patient care
Very unrealistic expectations
Pros
Cons
Punitive environment, no recognition for a job well done
Great Place to advance in your career
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2018
Good Samaritan is a great place to work! you are allowed to meet so many wonderful people serving a great cause by giving back to less fortunate. I love Good Sam!
great workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2018
A great environment for Staffs and Family...Everyone gets along well with clients and clients family. The Management team is always making sure the staffs is well taken care of
Pros
lunches
Cons
healthcae
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MIApril 22, 2018
I really liked it at Good Samaritan, the people there were great. You could get first pick at things you liked. The volunteer work wasn't super fast paced, but I wish it was. Overall, great place.
Pros
First pick at things
worst place ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 13, 2018
The nurses physically and emotionally abused the residents, Not one person seemed to care..I finally left as I couldn't handle watching it anymore and called the state.
Pros
not a one
Cons
everything
Good
Dietary Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 4, 2018
I liked my job at good samariton the some of the people were very kind but others wernt so good no one ever seemed to handle any situation and we were always short staffed
Excellent place to work
Universal Worker/Certified Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Denton, TexasMarch 9, 2018
One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. They’re a Christian based nonprofit organization. They treat they’re employees great, and their residents even better!
Group Exercise Instructor/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Friendly people, great benefits! Very organized workplace with great co-workers. I would highly recommend this job to a friend. I left because I moved otherwise I would still be there.
Clean, fast paced environment
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kingstree, SCFebruary 26, 2018
Clean, fast paced environment. Mentally challenged individuals receiving assistance with adl's. Faxing, filing, ordering medication, transporting clients to and from be appointments.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No breaks
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 10, 2018
This is a great company to work for. This company is awesome in the way they give back to the community. The giving back is nearly endless as they go up and beyond for any needing person
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no break
Fast paced work environment, detail oreninted. Rewarding work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 29, 2018
I was a nursing assistant, I got to work everyday at 5.45am, we were given a nursing report on the residents of the facility. The report included, any incidents that may have occurred or medical issues, along with behavior issues. I was there until 2.00pm everyday. I was responsible for getting residents up and ready for breakfast and lunch everyday. I had to record any information deemed vital to the nurse, via a computer program.
Friendly and overall enjoyable place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Osceola, NEJanuary 9, 2018
Everyone was friendly and was willing to help in daily care and in a crisis. Things I learned from working as a CNA are being able to communicate with other staff members, visitors, and the residents and my time management skills improved while working. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning where I had to learn multiple residents' personal preferences on various things. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made the workers and residents happy when I helped with either a small task or a daily activity.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
Not a lot of balance with work and a social life
how it is.
Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Lovington, NMDecember 14, 2017
Chronic low census. Low pay. Unfair treatment. Short staffed. On a good note the benefits are good and the pace is slow. They tend to work with you if you are in school.
benefits
Cons
back stabbers
fast paste and busy work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 14, 2017
as a NAC it Is hard and compassionate because you have to learn how to be fast and always on your feet making sure the patients are doing well, I learned to multitask to finish certain things at a certain time.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
unfair coworkers
Terrible Experience
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 2, 2017
Good Samaritan was a terrible place to work. The manager lied to get me in trouble. She did it over and over again. I was being asked to work 45-50 hours a week and was not given health insurance or any benefits.
Productive and fun
Camp Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2017
It was fast paced and I was worked hard, but hours felt like seconds throughout the day. If you love working with kids then you would love this job. I was able to help the kids go to camp and grow more as people. As long as you're their for the kids and knowing everything you do is to help someone else than this is the job to do.
good place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 12, 2017
I loved working here was good job for me everyone was nice and if you did not know what you were doing the would help you .Iearned alot of skills from this company