Good Samaritan Employee Reviews

Good Home Care Service
PCA (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 8, 2018
Great company with friendly staff that take care of both employees and the clients in regarding the home care services. This one young lady working there during that time was really did the excellent job, taking care of everyone.
Pros
Good Home Care Service Provider
Cons
No health insurance
Fun place to work.
Medication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 11, 2018
Good samaritan a very beautiful elegant facility I was very happy to be part of the staff there, they provide you with one free lunch,convenient hrs, office owners very involve with staff & clients care.
Pros
Free daily lunch
Cons
Breeaks on time
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 12, 2018
I was a volunteer for the Good Samaritan in Searcy, Arkansas. We made food baskets for those in need or those who couldn't afford to pay for groceries. I volunteered with people from my church, so we all got along and made the work fun. The Good Samaritan also had clothing and toiletries for those who needed them.
Have fun and work hard
Chef (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLAugust 24, 2018
Check the count to see what the residents want for their meal. Always try and help the cook who is already there to ensure a smooth day and teamwork. The kitchen on my shift is a very tight group and willing to help whenever and where they can. The residents always come first, personally I try to treat my crew as a leader, not a boss. I would never ask them to do something I would not do, and in return they know they can come to me with any issue they may have, big or small. the challenge at times is trying to keep the gossip out of my kitchen. Which is getting better day by day. Love working with my crew because they are always upbeat and truly do care about the residents and go above and beyond to make sure they are all happy
Pros
plenty of time to make quality food, great team work
Cons
lack strong management at the moment
enjoyed working with staff
Cashier / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2018
Got to meet new people. Helped the homeless with food and clothing. Helped customers throughout the day. Open and closed the store. Enjoyed working with most co workers
Pros
Got discounts
Cons
lack of communication and respect from managers
I liked working for them
Universal Worker (Former Employee) –  Pelican Rapids, MNJune 27, 2018
they were a good company to work for, I liked my co-workers, I enjoy working with the eldery, they have good and interesting stoires. I did a lot of different roles with the company.
Pros
working with the eldery
Cons
they closed
was able to learn new skills
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, ARJune 26, 2018
semi laid back but sometimes very stressful. loved making the residents lives more enjoyable and stress free. hardest part was losing a resident I considered family or a friend. I learned a lot but was also able to sharpen my skills on things I already knew. a lot of management changes so I wasn't able to get to know a few of them very well but the ones I worked with over the years did there job very well.
A rewarding job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 9, 2018
Taking care of patients as a CNA is a rewarding experience. The patients and staff were great to work with. The management worked with you with your schedule.
Very rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2018
I volunteered as a kid growing up, it is a very rewarding place to be in. You get to see so many smiling faces and helped so many people with their day. I'm definitely recommend anybody working there if they want a very rewarding job.
Pros
Friendly, rewarding
Great coworkers
Nursing (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYMay 19, 2018
Very poor leadership
Not trustworthy at all
No. Union
Rules change daily and unit to unit
No support or education
Not about patient care
Very unrealistic expectations
Pros
Cons
Punitive environment, no recognition for a job well done
Great Place to advance in your career
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2018
Good Samaritan is a great place to work! you are allowed to meet so many wonderful people serving a great cause by giving back to less fortunate. I love Good Sam!
great workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2018
A great environment for Staffs and Family...Everyone gets along well with clients and clients family. The Management team is always making sure the staffs is well taken care of
Pros
lunches
Cons
healthcae
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MIApril 22, 2018
I really liked it at Good Samaritan, the people there were great. You could get first pick at things you liked. The volunteer work wasn't super fast paced, but I wish it was. Overall, great place.
Pros
First pick at things
worst place ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 13, 2018
The nurses physically and emotionally abused the residents, Not one person seemed to care..I finally left as I couldn't handle watching it anymore and called the state.
Pros
not a one
Cons
everything
Good
Dietary Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 4, 2018
I liked my job at good samariton the some of the people were very kind but others wernt so good no one ever seemed to handle any situation and we were always short staffed
Excellent place to work
Universal Worker/Certified Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Denton, TexasMarch 9, 2018
One of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. They’re a Christian based nonprofit organization. They treat they’re employees great, and their residents even better!
Group Exercise Instructor/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Friendly people, great benefits! Very organized workplace with great co-workers. I would highly recommend this job to a friend. I left because I moved otherwise I would still be there.
Clean, fast paced environment
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kingstree, SCFebruary 26, 2018
Clean, fast paced environment. Mentally challenged individuals receiving assistance with adl's. Faxing, filing, ordering medication, transporting clients to and from be appointments.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No breaks
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 10, 2018
This is a great company to work for. This company is awesome in the way they give back to the community. The giving back is nearly endless as they go up and beyond for any needing person
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no break
Fast paced work environment, detail oreninted. Rewarding work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 29, 2018
I was a nursing assistant, I got to work everyday at 5.45am, we were given a nursing report on the residents of the facility. The report included, any incidents that may have occurred or medical issues, along with behavior issues. I was there until 2.00pm everyday. I was responsible for getting residents up and ready for breakfast and lunch everyday. I had to record any information deemed vital to the nurse, via a computer program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Samaritan. Our community is ready to answer.