Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Beware of Fake Job Fair
RN (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2019
What is worse than a fake job ad? A fake job fair. They advertise like business is booming and employees are in high demand, but arrive and see for yourself. A complete waste of time. No jobs, just a giant scam.
Pros
Cons
fake job fair
good experience
Medical assistant/ massage therapist (Former Employee) –  norwalkFebruary 24, 2019
its very fast paced , it requires alot of standing, you handle a diversity of patient, u have to work as a team , the most enjoyable part of the job is able to help people gain a new function of their life
Very interesting job
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 27, 2019
I work as office manager, everyday I clean the place in the morning before patients come to the office. I make phone calls to the patients to schedule appointments. I help patients to do specific exercises to help them feel better. I use devices and equipment to help patients. I
educate patients about what they should do after the treatment.
Treat patients, using a variety of techniques such as soft massage and stretching
Hospital pharmacy
Clinical/Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 28, 2018
Extremely responsible and demanding clinical pharmacy environment which employed my Doctor of Pharmacy skills constantly; however, the conflict of working for a contracted business along side of the private hospital was extremely frustrating
PRN therapist
Senior Level COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 25, 2018
Good Shepherd has many sites and I worked at at least 5 of them gaining various experience in different levels of care. The team culture for getting patients back on their feet and home to their loved ones is what I was pleased with the most - good team work.
Pros
flexibility as a PRN
Cons
site I worked contract was terminated by BIG hospital
Fun and busy place to work
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 17, 2018
I was in a part time employee working assisting in their day hospital program. I enjoyed the opportunity very much and would have stayed longer if I would have found a full-time job that was a good fit for my skills.
Pros
Great co-workers and patients
Good Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 15, 2018
My time as manager was during a time of extreme changes to culture of company. I assisted in the organization of a new department of Centralized Patient Services while at the same time learning and training new Cerner software.

My typical day included meetings all day discussing;

The cut-over process for the new software,
Creation of spreadsheet to transfer from old software to new software
Examining the current workflows of my staff to create new workflows to be effective during transition period
Communicating these changes to staff
Creating new workflows for after go-live of new system.
Assist the updating of Telephony to make the workflows possible
Brainstorming tracking Authorization options

Had to have a sense of humor for the stress that was intense. Hardest part of the job was the constant change of workflow and having to communicate that to staff

Most enjoyable part of job was knowing that we were all in it together heading towards crunch time.
Pros
Our department we created was a great team environment
Wonderful place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 5, 2018
Amazing place to work. The well-being of the patients is always the priority. We go above and beyond to ensure our patients receives the best care. Very supportive environment.
Family oriented
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 24, 2018
Require more staffing for patient care, team work is very important and is clearly evident. Staff is over worked due to different types of cases of patients that require more care then others cases.
Cons
short staffed
work
Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 24, 2018
It was a great place to work. I was the first nurse liaison that Good Shepherd ever employed. The management and the staff were always willing to help.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
pay
Productive work place
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, OROctober 10, 2018
A productive work place and pays attention to all patients needs. Awesome bosses and employers always making sure patients are felt comfortable and doing right exercises.
What I have learned
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 4, 2018
It is an amazing place to start for a new graduate! I learned a lot of things more than any other places . I worked with Head/Brain Injury Trauma Unit , paraplegia and quadriplegia. I had some experience working with Burn patients .
Pros
Learning experiences.
Cons
Low pay, it is a non profit organization.
Fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 17, 2018
I was a volunteer, so I did not get paid.
My typical day at work consisted of helping residents and patients with their meal times, participating and leading recreational activities with the patients and residents of the hospital, reading to patients, playing games with the patients, going on field trips with the patients, and assisting the patients with day-to-day activities that they could not do themselves.
I learned the importance of respect, and how the sick, elderly, and mentally challenged patients needed a companion or just someone to make them laugh or keep them company.
My volunteer coordinator who was in charge of me was excellent, and helped me get set up with everything as well as checking in with me to make sure I was enjoying what I was doing.
The hardest part of the job was seeing how the patients suffered and were not capable of doing things independently.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help these patients in any way shape or form perform their daily activities that they were unable to perform themselves. The patients enjoyed my company and enjoyed when I spent one-on-one time with them. The patients also enjoyed when I participated in recreational activities and played games with them being that I am very patient and good with the elderly as well as those that have cognitive disorders and aren't able to communicate properly due to various reasons.
Pros
Putting a smile on the patient(s) faces.
Cons
Seeing the patients suffer immensely.
Cannot say enough good.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 25, 2018
The nicest people to work for. Very professional work environment.
Safe place for everyone. A typical day is not stop but quick. Patients are well care for.
Pros
clean
Cons
short breaks
Great resources, high-tech equipment, graet co-workers
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 7, 2018
High productivity standards for a pediatric setting that were hard to achieve secondary to a high cancellation rate.
Co-workers are collaborative and work very well together
review
Registered Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 1, 2018
An overall good place to work. I had great coworkers. A typical work day is hard with an average of 6 patients on nights and 9 on nights. Management is poor.
Pros
Good patient populatio
Cons
Rigid schedule
do not care about employees
per diem occupational therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 24, 2018
This organization has become horrible to work for. They have a great reputation which has been established by the hardworking employees that provide quality service. In exchange they treat you like you don't matter. They are advertising "experience matters" however they are not supportive of the staff that are providing that slogan.
Good hours but poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Work was very stressful raker was always understaffed poor management rude residents rude nurses roaches and mice running around building because staffing was so low there were always hours available but working with 3 aides with 30 residents and low pay was too much to handle on top of being unappreciated and disrespected
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Understaffed dirty place roaches and mice running around
great staff with fun environment
Occupational Therapy Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2018
worked 40 hr week with two longer days seeing patients until 7pm.
Great resources within office and coworkers.
Get to co treat with OT, PT, and SLP
amazing learning experience treating pediatric patients.
Pros
free lunch for students, great work enivronment
Cons
long days
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 18, 2017
Good SHepherd was a good place to work, I worked there for a total of 12 years, in various positions. Fundraising and PT office. Started as a clerk and worked my way up to a manager.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.