Goodman Manufacturing Employee Reviews

goodman
Official Title was Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2018
The workplace culture was great and very peaceful everybody got along.Management was excellent they tried to connect with every employee.I learn how to be very productive while maintaining great quality product.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short breaks
Air Conditioner Sales
Customer Service Representative Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 5, 2018
I have learned almost everything needed to upsell residential and commercial air conditioning systems. To manage a distribution center and all it involves.
Very quick paced and stressfull
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Goodman is a great place for singles who have no children and not married. Reason being you work 60-80 hours a week 7 days a week. You really don't have time for your self
Pros
All thr overtime you want
Cons
No family time
Overall good place to work, looking to improve
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXOctober 1, 2018
Goodman expects a lot out of their employees. If you want a challenge and the ability to learn and grow come here. However, training isn't high on the priority list, so you will have to do most of the progressing on your own.
The facility is very nice, and the manufacturing floor has air conditioning. There is a cafeteria in the building where you can buy a variety of different food. Currently Goodman is merging multiple facilities under one roof, so your days will be busy.
Fun, fast paced work environment.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNSeptember 27, 2018
I liked my job it was a good way to pay bills and not stress out for me. I had friends to talk to and supervisors that listened to my concerns. Overall it was a pretty nice job.
Pros
Pay, Hours, overtime.
Cons
Some employees, Some management
I would rate Goodman a 3
Duct Assembler/Forklift Operator/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The people were good to work with. The working conditions were extreme as far as heat. But I gained a lot of experience driving forklifts, and clamp lifts.
Pros
Back in those days we would visit Six Flags Astroworld
Conclusion
Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Tienen que tener yn poco mas de considracion con los empleados que llevan tiempo en la compañía
Good Co to work for
Warranty Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Everyone was nice, there was a few that was try to get you in trouble for the craziest things. But overall I loved it. They pay and workload was consistent. the parking situation was horrible because it was located in a warehouse setting.
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I was really happy to work in this company they were training people for difference position and change people life in finally encourage people to work.
long road ahead
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXSeptember 9, 2018
still in transition since having been bought by Daikin, have started a new bonus program but compensation still not enough only pro is that your job is secure.
Sr. Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
I rather not give a full review, the last 3 years have been pretty decent and comfortable.
Co-workers are a great work family, most of everyone likes to help you achieve goals.
Not worth it
Materials Supervisor/ Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
Very poor processes, lack of accountability, and treatment of employees leads to incredibly high turn over. Company makes personnel moves without warning, reason, or discussion.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor leadership
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2018
I learned how to move at a fast pace and still maintained my work energy. Sometimes the hardest part was maintaining the monthly goal. The workplace culture was perfect it was different cultures not just one. That made the work place interesting because everyday you learned something new about a person that's from a different culture.
Hot
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
The Break Room is the coldest part of the whole building. you will work in the heat every single day and you will go home itching if you wok on the insultation team
Goodman Manufacturing - Was a good place to work
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Goodman manufacturing. I only left to pursue a career change with great salary potential. It is my understanding that Goodman Manufacturing has sold to another company
Good company to work for
Division Controller (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 19, 2018
Goodman is a great company to work for. I have been here five years and have enjoyed my time with the company. Compensation is fair and, at least in my group, management truly believes in "family first".
Fast paced energetic company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 18, 2018
Most of the time you are 1 person doing the work of many. Customer service geared and driven. Goals required to meet. Multitask a must knowledgeable of phone use.
Pregnant While Working
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
Manager fired me for insubordination after i found out i was pregnant near the end of may and i didnt want to lift up heavy metal pieces onto the conveyor belt and stand on my feet without air conditioning for 9 hr shift. Temperatures ranged from 98 to 110 degrees in the warehouse.
Good benefits & pay
Large Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNAugust 14, 2018
Good benefits, 2 weeks paid vacation time given after 90 day probation period as well as other benefits.
Hard, fast paced work in the large press Dept.
Pros
Union
Cons
Lack of mgt
This place has the potential to be a good company, but i feel they don't value their employees and are concerned about production over safety.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Waller, TX 77484August 6, 2018
I feel as if they put untrained people in positions where they aren't qualified. The leads and supervisors aren't trained adequately to handle such a diverse group of employees.
Pros
Great lunch room
Cons
employee appreciation is low.