Goodman Networks Employee Reviews

Not safe
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayMarch 5, 2019
Layoffs keep rolling in. Doesn't seem like a very safe spot to be. That being said I believe management is doing the best they can with what they have. Was a good company to work for 5 years ago. But the cash cow seems to be gone now.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No stability
Rewarding but dying career
Direct TV satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2019
A career that can pay a lot daily if you are quick paced and can deal with stressful situations such as heights and frustrated customers. The pay of the job is only decreasing over the years and the opportunity for growth within the company is inevitable.
March 13, 2019

Thank you for the feedback, both positive and negative. It’s primarily through this information that we can positively affect change for the better.

We are committed to continually improve our culture and our overall employment experience. Opportunities@Goodman is our internal and external posting system, we encourage our employees to review our open positions and apply to those positions you feel you are qualified for.

Lastly, the company is expanding into a number of new ventures and creating ways for our technicians to be trained and expand their knowledge into those areas. Thanks again for the input, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Eff this place
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Horrible to theemployees who actually make them their money. Pay cuts and layoffs charge backs at random. Yet after all that they want 60 plus hours a week during the busy season.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, and please know that we welcome it as a way to understand the pulse of our workforce, both existing and departed.
Goodman Networks strives to maintain excellent working conditions along with competitive wages. During peak work load, employees are required to work extra hours for which they are appropriately compensated. We appreciate your feedback and we welcome the opportunity to talk with you.

Great Company
Project Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Goodman is a great company to learn about the telecom industry. I came in knowing absolutely nothing about it, and now I consider myself knowledgeable. I have been given opportunity to grow, and I do recommend working here.
February 15, 2019

We are glad to hear that your experience at Goodman Networks has been positive and has provided you with an opportunity for growth and a better understanding of the telecommunications industry. As a company we value professional development, collaboration, and continual education, and we are so excited to have you as a part of the Goodman Family.

More Duties Less Pay
FS Operations Technician Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 21, 2019
The company has done nothing but lay off half of the work force in the past 2 years. They have cut everyones pay and expect them to take on more job responsibilities to save them even more money. They are now having Field Supervisors close jobs in order to save them more money and not doing anything to compensate Supervisors pay wise. This used to be a great job but after almost 13 years of working here, it is time to move on.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work environment, everyones jobs are threatened.
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for all of our employees, so I’m disappointed to hear about your concerns. Goodman Networks has established pay ranges for each job within the organization. We strive to ensure that assigned job duties comply with the job description and pay range for each particular job. In order to improve on efficiencies, job duties are evaluated and changed annually, or when a need arises. Goodman Networks strives to be the employer of choice in our industry. In order for us to improve, and give you an opportunity to share your thoughts, we welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your specific concerns. Lastly, we greatly appreciate the 13-years you have given the company, and please know that your contributions are much appreciated!

Dont care about people
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  KYJanuary 15, 2019
Mid level managers have no backbone ....
Upper level managers are only worried about the bottom line...
No professional development...
Downsizing for the last 3 years...
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work life balance
January 24, 2019

We are committed to continually improving our culture and our overall employment experience. Our PTO policy is in place to allow employees to take time when needed. The work/life balance is hard to quantify as it means something different to every individual. That being said, we are committed through multiple policies and internal initiatives to providing a solid work/life balance.

As for professional development, the team continues to focus on our people and developing our porcesses and practices to provide the best outcome for all of our employees in their careers.

Again, thanks for your feedback and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

January 24, 2019

We are committed to continually improve our culture and our overall employment experience. Our PTO policy is in place to allow employees to take time when needed. The work/life balance is hard to quantify as it means something different to every individual. That being said, we are committed through multiple policies and internal initiatives to providing a solid work/life balance.

As for professional development, the team continues to focus on our people and to develop our processes and practices to provide the best outcome for all our employees in their careers.

Again, thanks for your feedback and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Great job
AT&T Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Great training, Good job, reliable trucks
Management a bit needs to work with you more
Let go because preformance wasn’t told why but the same time the largest facaility was hit with a hurricane in Texas and lost tons of money, I questioned it and got answers just my preformance.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Face paced, long hours
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback on our training process and the quality of our company vehicles. We value your opinion on your experience with the Goodman Networks management team, and we are always working on improving our training and development for our managers. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

great place
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I loved working here. They really valued their employees. The annual christmas party and vacation time is awesome. Great benefits and coverage for families.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear your experience with Goodman Networks was positive, and we appreciate your feedback on the great benefits that we offer for our employees and their families.

Goodman Networks
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 30, 2018
The company in my opinion is not a family friendly company. I just started mine and am looking for a job that has a more steady schedule. With steady pay. We also took a 13% pay cut last year. I'm looking for something with a more promising future.
January 24, 2019

I can assure you that we do value feedback and work every day to try and do the right things for our team members. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees so I’m disappointed to hear about some of your experience.

While we feel we are on the right track, we definitely still have a lot of growth as a company. Work/life balance, pay and professional development are key areas that being addressed at the highest level.

We appreciate all feedback and will take the time to reflect on yours and take action where appropriate.

stressful
Satellite Technician/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 27, 2018
very stressful job. managers constantly threatening your job. no set end of day,so don't plan anything during the week with family.rules constantly change.
Pros
free directv
Cons
poor management
No fun place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 13, 2018
Company only is looking for them self, don't care about their employees. They change the way that they going to pay the employees with no time, let employees goes because of the company mistakes. This company wont take any responsibility for their actions and always blame their employees.
Advanced Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2018
Not much room for advancement unless upper management leaves or quits. Sometimes they have company wide lay offs but as long as you're doing your job you should be safe.
Pros
Cov / pto / pretty much be your own boss
Cons
Basic family health is 338 biweekly, If you add dental, Vision, Flex spending then you're looking at almost 900 a month in expense for benefits
I was a field technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2018
I installed new satellite systems and repaired existing systems all over the Houston area. I had a company vehicle and gas card. This is a fast paced company
It use to be excellent employment.
DirecTV Technician (Former Employee) –  Scott, LANovember 26, 2018
During this past year while installation techs work at piece rate were never eligbile for a raise; pay rate for line item work was cut by 13.5%. There version of overtime pay is less then half of what hourly pay would average out to. Unfair work practices: while 4pm-6pm appointments were surposed to be for service only these appointments were bding moved to few & specific techs & other techs left to do full installs long past 4pm, long past 6pm & even past 9 o'clock at night. Even if you could complete in record time the average expected amount of work based on effiecientcy 4-6 jobs per day you still were not capable of going home at a decent time unless you were a preferable tech.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Endless work hours
N/a
RF Cell Site Technician II (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2018
The job is to go out a fix cell sites. And there is an on call schedule where you are required to do this around the clock. I have been doing this for over 15 years
Directv
SATELLITE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2018
When at&t launched dtv now we got less and less work and i was not paid hourly i was paid by the job so no jobs =no pay so i was not making enough to support my family
Pros
Work van
Cons
Not steady work
good pay
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
good pay busy fast paced at the time they had a good company but managers created a hostile work environment yelled at employees expected too much ................
I enjoyed working at GNET
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2018
Working at GNET was great until the Engineering Division was sold to Ansco, who mistreated the Goodman Employees.

The only issue at Goodman at the time was the terrible CEO, Ron Hill, who ran the company to the ground with nepotism. The company seems to be doing much better now and back on it's feet now that the corrupt CEO and his friends are gone.

I enjoyed the managers I had at GNET, they were supportive and allowed me to thrive and do my job well. I grew and learned a lot working there.

The benefits were also good and the employees, manager and culture were great. I would go back if something opened up.
Great focus on quality, and safety
Regional RAN Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 25, 2018
My time at Goodman was both enjoyable, and challenging. They were very supportive of me, and the job offered alot of great experience, which helped me become a better manager
Pros
Work culture/environment
Cons
Alot of travel
Great working team
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2018
The team i worked with at Goodman networks was kind and understanding. Willing to teach and help in every area. Very divers and intelligent team. Willing to work with this company in the future.
Pros
Work with schedule
Cons
Located in Texas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Networks. Our community is ready to answer.