Goodman Networks Employee Reviews

No fun place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 13, 2018
Company only is looking for them self, don't care about their employees. They change the way that they going to pay the employees with no time, let employees goes because of the company mistakes. This company wont take any responsibility for their actions and always blame their employees.
I was a field technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2018
I installed new satellite systems and repaired existing systems all over the Houston area. I had a company vehicle and gas card. This is a fast paced company
It use to be excellent employment.
DirecTV Technician (Former Employee) –  Scott, LANovember 26, 2018
During this past year while installation techs work at piece rate were never eligbile for a raise; pay rate for line item work was cut by 13.5%. There version of overtime pay is less then half of what hourly pay would average out to. Unfair work practices: while 4pm-6pm appointments were surposed to be for service only these appointments were bding moved to few & specific techs & other techs left to do full installs long past 4pm, long past 6pm & even past 9 o'clock at night. Even if you could complete in record time the average expected amount of work based on effiecientcy 4-6 jobs per day you still were not capable of going home at a decent time unless you were a preferable tech.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Endless work hours
N/a
RF Cell Site Technician II (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 10, 2018
The job is to go out a fix cell sites. And there is an on call schedule where you are required to do this around the clock. I have been doing this for over 15 years
Directv
SATELLITE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2018
When at&t launched dtv now we got less and less work and i was not paid hourly i was paid by the job so no jobs =no pay so i was not making enough to support my family
Pros
Work van
Cons
Not steady work
good pay
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
good pay busy fast paced at the time they had a good company but managers created a hostile work environment yelled at employees expected too much ................
I enjoyed working at GNET
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2018
Working at GNET was great until the Engineering Division was sold to Ansco, who mistreated the Goodman Employees.

The only issue at Goodman at the time was the terrible CEO, Ron Hill, who ran the company to the ground with nepotism. The company seems to be doing much better now and back on it's feet now that the corrupt CEO and his friends are gone.

I enjoyed the managers I had at GNET, they were supportive and allowed me to thrive and do my job well. I grew and learned a lot working there.

The benefits were also good and the employees, manager and culture were great. I would go back if something opened up.
Great focus on quality, and safety
Regional RAN Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 25, 2018
My time at Goodman was both enjoyable, and challenging. They were very supportive of me, and the job offered alot of great experience, which helped me become a better manager
Pros
Work culture/environment
Cons
Alot of travel
Great working team
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2018
The team i worked with at Goodman networks was kind and understanding. Willing to teach and help in every area. Very divers and intelligent team. Willing to work with this company in the future.
Pros
Work with schedule
Cons
Located in Texas
high Turn over rate
PROJECT FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 23, 2018
Very high turnover rate. No loyalty to employees no promoting within. If your not kissing butt you aren't right. Rather have yes man/woman around than real hard working employees
Pros
Hours and Travel, Pay
Cons
Loyalty to employees
Great Compay
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 18, 2018
Great company to work for. Leadership helps out and mentors lower level employees. Only issue would be compensation for management. Other than that a great company to work for,
Productive and fast paced work place
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2018
I worked for Goodman Networks for over 2 and a half year. In this time frame I learned far more about the job and myself that I could have imagined when starting. I learned anything and everything about the directv system and I learned that I could be a people person with how much I had to talk to customers in a 1 on 1 setting.
feild tech
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 4, 2018
long hours, work in all weather, standards to high for field techs cant be meet in most ares. time traveling to find equipment, then go backto your job and finish it.
Pros
company van can take it home.
Cons
time looking for equpment, time travling to pick it up, long hours
Great Job to learn, but not a long term career.
Service/Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAOctober 3, 2018
You won't be compensated for knowledge and experience.The most you can advance is becoming a supervisor. However, a supervisor's job wont pay you much more and you'll have to deal with stressful situations. It was common NOT to have equipment we needed. Every tech meeting was to discuss improvement in their business metrics. Most times techs worked around the system to meet the goals.But, They set the bar higher every time. Unrealistic metrics make it impossible to obtain weekly or quarterly goals for a bonus. Knowledgeable Techs with a great work ethic have worked here but quit to better Jobs. While working here it seemed like the techs that cared the lest about their responsibilities stayed the longest. Quantity means more than quality and good workmanship doesn't matter. Installing and servicing DTV itself was great. You'll learn up to date technology in cable Networking. The company vehicles are new. You'll get to meet different people and explore different places.
Pros
Being a Field Tech
Cons
The company itself
Good company to work in. Make your own pace to work at. More relaxed but still able to put in a good days work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 27, 2018
Great comapny with average pay depending how much you are willing to put into your day and how much you want to see the outcome. Friendly environment just need to be ready for those climate changes and weather.
last resort
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 20, 2018
last resort. I have work for goodman for 5 years. Started off great doing directv han started doing digital life. My pay drop drastically and my drive time went up drastically.
Competitive and Ever Changing Environment
Manager Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Everyday is extremely busy, but working with the recruiting team, hiring managers, and the candidates makes it all worth it! Hiring is at an all time high right now and we are looking for great people to join Goodman Networks. You will work hard each and every day but the people and the culture of the company will make you want to work even harder for a greater cause.
Pros
Job Stability, Benefits, Career Advancement
Cons
Busy and Extended Hours
Decent place to work.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 12, 2018
Not a bad place to work, I was a salaried employee and to them that meant unlimited hours which wore on you after awhile. Overall, management wasn't focused much on their employees well being.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Hours worked were 50-70 hours a week.
terrible job
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 5, 2018
management is so out of touch most were not technicians and if they were they just say how good we have it now cause it wasn't like that when they were
typical work day
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2018
Its not a bad job I don't mind working ford tv but the company (goodman) is not very good. I do installs, upgrades, service calls i complete about 3-5 jobs a day. I enjoy helping people and learning more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodman Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about