Goodman Networks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor and offensive
Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Had half of workforce pressured into falsifying time records to fill quotas. These quotas and si called standards changed 2-3x a week to the point most techs just hated the environment. In the last 2 years bonuses were cut, then removed completely and introduced a base pay cut. On top of everything listed, but mostly the horrible overall treatment or lack of care given towards field employees (inc field mgmt) I wouldnt recommend a desperate individual look anywhere near goodmannetworks.
Benefits
Cons
The whole bsns model
Friends made it fun
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475July 9, 2018
Very busy and short staffed due to multiple lay offs. Company did not give raises very often. Office was pretty relax. Being so short staffed it gets very stressful at times.
going in wrong direction
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJuly 5, 2018
many changes in company hours, pay, and workforce
longer days than before
company wide pay cuts
company wide firings of fifty percent of techs
further travel
not a bad company
Home Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2018
be prepared to work in all conditions, management was easy to work with. training, vehicle and uniform supplied. lots of training supplied. tools supplied
productive
FS Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 27, 2018
The personal were alright. It was a bit unorganized and alot things that were mandatory was unnecessary. The pay and incentives couldve been much better.,
Goodman networks take advantage of employees
DirecTV Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXJune 24, 2018
Working for DirecTV was great at first I've been there 6 years. When Goodman networks bought the contract it became real bad. They do not care about their employees and gave us a 13 pay decrease. Nepotism at it's best with this company only promte family and friends there room for advancement for regular employees.
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
Management is incompetent
Engineer Assistant
OSP Facility Engineer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 20, 2018
I assist the Engineers with a data entry type position. I help close jobs for Century Link Midwest. I also fix issues with jobs closing if they are old
work
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 18, 2018
I really liked what I did. Unfortunately with all the pay cuts I could no longer work there. I liked meeting different people everyday and helping getting there directv working.
Pros
fixing direct
Cons
pay decreases
Run !!!!! If you value your family
LEAD TECHNICIAN AP TECH (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 16, 2018
Bad managment no advancement and the dtv installer side of the company makes no profit they cut pay by 13.05 % and their plan to keep tech making same amount of money was to work more hours not a bad job before the att buy out but no work home balance and after 7 years as advanced tech was just told your done with that quit over a month ago and still have other techs calling for trouble shooting cause I have forgotten more than management will ever know.
Pros
Havent found one yet
Cons
Everything just pass over this job
Remote access
Metrics Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2018
The autonomy was spectacular. Being able to work in accordance to how I needed to was great. However, the management and processes they used were not conducive to a good working environment, nor to produce the end goal. It made it hard to work for some of the people were jealous and would help those who needed help. No teamwork. Not open to other ideas.
See Below
RF DAS DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 12, 2018
The most mis-managed company I've ever worked for with no goals or focus regarding DAS. Goodman bought CSI , a thriving DAS design firm, in 2012 and with utter precision, they dismantled it and crushed it in the 5 years that I worked there.
Why they bothered buying CSI in the first place is still a mystery to me.
OK place to work if you like to travel.
Field Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 30, 2018
All work was off-site for contracted companies. Some were in the local area and some required travel. Per diem, hotel rooms, and travel were paid for.
Busy place of work
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 30, 2018
Well I received a pink slip so that should just about sum that whole experience up. Management acted as if you were there children even though I was old enough to be there parnet.
Don't even bother working here
Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2018
Very poor management.
Management and Lead are cut throat, and only take care of their favorite techs.
No training available; good luck learning anything.
Lead abuses authority by making you work past 5pm even when he knows you're going to be on call, thus preventing you from getting rest to do on call work.
Management ignores their client's findings, and causes you to appear incompetent in their client's eyes because they ask you to do things in opposition to what the client expects.
They expect 15 cell technicians to do the work of 40 that previously managed the Sprint network under Ericsson. They do not have a four cluster area that technicians can work in. They expect someone from one part of the surrounding area to go work in another... even though they have someone who works for the company already living in the other area.

Everyone I know that has worked there and currently works there has nothing but bad to say about the Atlanta Goodman branch, especially the Lead.
Pros
Almost better than being unemployed.
Cons
Too many to mention; honestly.
I was laid off with no notice.
Construction Manager II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2018
Good company to work with. I was laid off with no notice, only a phone call at 10:30 am, while I was on site telling me to return all my equipment and my truck to the office by 5pm.
good people to work with
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2018
I worked very hard and was very dedicated for many years with this company. 10 to 12 hours a day and only got paid for 8. was always available to work.. I worked from home which made it easier to work more hours.. the company has reduced its workforce and unfortunately I was one of them.
Good until went under
Client Director (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 14, 2018
Good Pay
Balanced work/Life
Good Insurance
Good Mangers
owners were not very smart by letting the CEO run the company in the ground. Should have let him go along time ago
Very good.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 10, 2018
Goodman always felt like a small company, its culture was one that everyone know each other and worked well together to meet the needs a very demanding client.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
resources
Diversity in Management
OPERATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 8, 2018
Supervisors are up from 6 am until the last tech is done.

Upper Management lack diversity

Tech moral is low

watching techs grow was a great experience for me
Pros
health benefits
Cons
pay
stepping stone
Employee Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 6, 2018
Goodman was a place for me to learn how to create healthy boundaries in the work place. I learned quickly what I like and do not like in the corporate world. Also was introduced to some amazing people.
Benefits
Cons
Nepotism, conflict of interest