Goodman Solutions
54Below average
2.9

Goodman Solutions Employee Reviews

From what I been told you got no family time, unless your single then this job is for you. Lack of communication among supervisors you don't get paid when you leave home and drive an hour to get to 1st route then when you head home you clockout last route and drive almost an hour away to get home... So if you're single then this job is for you. Hoping to see a positive change but I doubt it.
Pros
Van gas card etc.
Cons
Not remote like they said on the ad.
Work-life balanceOut late 6 days a weekOverallThe Louisville market lost over 100 technicians in a matter of a year. They cut the majority of managment this included HR. The company was originally run by 2 brothers, one resigned. They plan to install doorbells and update the software on refrigerators now. In my opinion Directv is going away and goodman is going with them.
With AT&T acquiring DTV Goodman has failed to find any line of business to keep team member employed. At 1 time the Louisville office employed 130 + team members. The office now employs roughly 20.
Pros
None in recent years.
Cons
Long hours and 6 day work weeks.
Company is trying to change from an installation of satellite services to a contractor for amazon. The jobs are very different skill wise and work wise but they decided it was a good idea to scale the pay towards the new type of work. Incredibly you could just go to work for amazon directly in most markets and not have to deal with completely inept management that will and does change every few months.Now, for what I did while I was there was see completely unethical management especially during covid19. Book a job going into a nursing home with known outbreaks? it's ok you wont get any PPE.Completely slash your pay over the course of two years all the while overbooking appointments and cutting staff then being told to quit if you don't like it.Changing the name is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Pros
Reduced Directv Service
Cons
Overbooked, underpaid, poor management
Job seekers rely on your experience.
They told me during the interview they needed someone fpr local tower climbing and I wouldn't have to travel more than a week. After working a month and a half I was told I would have to travel for two weeks. I told them I was unable to leave town for that long and they compelled me to quit and than appealed my unemployment. Everyone told me you never get a monthly bonus and come to find out that was true. You are told to bring clothes with you everyday at work because they will tell you that you have to leave town when the work day is over. There is no notice on what you are going to do from job to job. There is no way to plan anything. You work on the weekends and weekdays. One of the managers is a Marine and no one told him this isn't the military. You can't have a family and work for this company. You have been warned.
Pros
You get paid and get to climb towers.
Cons
No travel, no bonus, no family time, no way to plan anything.
They truly are a great company. Family oriented. They care. They'll work with you. If you want the job done call them. They'll get things done in a great timely manner.
Pros
Team lunches covered daily. Gift cards given at seasonal and bonus checks when deserved
Company has too many upper management turnover. Management doesn't have a clue what goes on in the field. They are not in touch. Compensation is below average.
Changing the name of this company changes nothing. I worked FOR them then managed their tower teams. Worst GC in the galaxy. We ran them out of almost every market. They treat their employees like dirt. Their management defines incompetence. This is the same song and dance as before.
Pros
That they aren’t in my market anymore.
Cons
That we’ll probably have to deal with them again and kick them out of another market.
The department I've been working with is new but extremely unorganized. There's a lot of room for improvement, but it doesn't seem like that's going to be addressed anytime soon. The job itself can fluctuate from an easy assignment to a extremely tough task depending on the product being assembled.
Pros
Pay is fair, and some days are super light.
Cons
Schedule is unpredictable.
Started out great but over time slowly turned into a too stressful environment where you have no work/life balance. 3 pay cuts in a 4 year period. Involuntary layoffs at the worst possible times. Laying off veteran techs so as to hire a new guy at a cheaper rate.
Pros
Company vehicle.
Cons
Insurance too expensive for a family plan, Arbitrary performance numbers, Notification of changes are usually within hours if not minutes.
If you are looking for a place to truly build a career with a company, this is not it. This company will go under in <5 years guaranteed.I worked for Goodman Networks for 5 months and was brought on as an inventory specialist. I was never trained (nor attempted to be trained) by anybody in my time there and found that also to be the case for the warehouse supervisor, who had been in his role for over a year. No clear processes set or accountability for breakage of processes yet management and company leadership expect operational and financial goals to be met. Unfathomable lack of communication, assistance, and resources from management, IT, or top company leadership. I was finally let go by the company due to workforce downsizing done because of Covid-19.
Pros
Good work-life balance, easy paycheck if you're into that
Cons
See review above
This company will not go to bat for you if there happens to be a small incident that could cost you your job. Also G-Net has you lie on your time tracker and timecard to fulfill a minimum of 40hrs/week. My department kept the lights on for this company and they only get paid for mobilizing on trouble tickets. So they would have you mobilize twice on the same ticket to get double the fee, even if the ticket was resolved in one trip. Weird work schedule, no formal training for the ever changing and growing list of equipment the client uses, and no assistance from the client if you have a question that needs to be answered. During this stint on 3 years with the company, we went through 3 supervisors and 4 different managers. So there is no stable department management model, as all the supervisors and managers live out of market for the region they cover.
Pros
top notch and knowledgeable team to work with
Cons
pay not that great, work schedule takes getting used to, keep your ethics at home
I was a DirecTV/AT&T Fixed wireless internet technician. They provide all tools and a company vehicle. You only go to office once a week for equipment, rest of the time you go from your house straight to customer each day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of hours
The company has gone down hill since 2018 which involved a nation wide pay cut then the implementation of a hourly pay. The workload is significantly lessened and you are always wondering if your the next head to get cut. It used to be one supervisor to 10-15 techs, now its basically 1 for every 30 so you can never get ahold of managment when nescesary.
Pros
Company tools, vehicle, gas card
Cons
Poor support network
Don't do it. There is no "advancement" and the idea of getting a raise is laughable. Manager checked out a long time ago. Goodman had no idea what they were doing when bidding on the Sprint contract.
Pros
Company vehicle (for some)
Cons
Lousy pay, scrutinized hours every week, forced to stop working when 40 hours is reached even though you worked all weekend to get overtime.
First sign of trouble, you're fired. Don't like it? Quit. I've never been in trouble or fired and ive worked there for 10yrs. I've seen how they do techs bad. The money is about $17/hour you will be lucky to get 30hrs. They pay bi-weekly so you pay more in taxes. Mng use to be good but they fired all the good ones and left the worst ones to manage everything, Only because they knew how to get more money from the techs. We went from 80 techs to 15..
Supervisor was not helpful when approached with a problem dealing with another employee. Instead of dealing with issue, he just ignored it. I resigned
The workload and compensation were never on par with what was promised. Supervisors were adequate when they could be reached, which for some or most was rare.
It's an ok place to work. Has a very high turn over rate. There's a lot of favoritism going on in this company, you have to be very careful managers and supervisors have their favorites you have to watch what you say and watch what you do. If supervisors and managers like you you'll get the good jobs you know about the good jobs good service calls. There's a lot of work place retaliation by supervisors who could fail your work or pass your work depending on if they like you or not
Signing bonus Referral bonus, All lies, Tower crew treated like trash, Minority workers will be forced to work out of market. Every day until you quit. , both managers in jax & Tampa are , they don't care about your safety
Pros
Don't take this job
Cons
There is something better
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the project through completion. After which, another very important project is waiting for you to jump into.
  1. Employee Reviews