Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 13,853 reviews matching the search See all 14,157 reviews
The management is not that good
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 21, 2018
The manager I had after I quit got fired a week later. She wanted me to come in sick and I refused. If not for that Manager I would still be there and be manager
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
Poor management
have to meet a certain quota everyday
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 21, 2018
employees are being timed on how many pieces of clothing or pieces of merchandise come out from the back of the donations if they dont make there quota they get written up.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2018
GoodWill offers plenty of time four u to work alone. With projects out of many to do everyday there's always a day full of work to do at your own pace. Co workers ate friendly and the pay war good. What I learned from GoodWill was how to multitask on a series of projects and have them done in a timely fashion.
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
Lomg days
Co workers great, mgmt mean
Donation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IlOctober 20, 2018
This was one of the best working environments I've had. Co-workers cooperative and friendly. Definitely hard work. I was in donations and it could be very fast paced and sometimes stressful. Mgmt sometimes cruel. Pay a little low.
Pros
Good Comrades.
Cons
Mgmt
It is a good environment to work in
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 20, 2018
I love my job and my co-workers. What really makes my day are the customers. I really job joy talking to the children. I usually go over and say hi and give to children candy. I makes me smile to see someone else smile.
Ups And Downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 19, 2018
Management will work with you on the hours you are available and the coworkers are really great to work with however you are expected to always be available on weekends and you cant ever be late or call or they write you up.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Management can be tough sometimes they expect you to do the work of others when short-handed.
Fun workplace
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2018
Goodwill was a fun place to work all of the worker there was very nice people everybody got along . The Mangement they were nice people. But The hardest part about working there is carrying heavy piece of furniture into the compacker and my most enjoyable part of the job was founding a lot of crazy things in the donations
be prepared to work nights, days and weekends
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 19, 2018
this should not be a hard job, depending on the manager it can become very stressful for the most part the employees become like family. be prepared to work nights , and days an weekends
Company is sensitive to the needs of people.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2018
Excellent community out reach programs. Goodwill supports its employees through on the job training. Benefits are above and beyond what other non profit organizations offer.
Wonder Organization to Work For
Employment Counselor Team Lead (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIOctober 18, 2018
While I was there and I don't know if it changed. Goodwill was a wonderful organization to work for in Hawaii. The culture was inclusive and they listened to everyone. Annual reviews provided merit raises as did taking on more responsibility. They had a system in place to recognize each other for Good Works and keep each other motivated. It was a small, free incentive that only took time and kept people motivated and happy. They provided all necessary training by wonderful trainers who were engaging and positive. I loved working for Goodwill. They have a commitment to community and truly do their part in the world to make it better for anyone. They look constantly for new ways to improve and keep up with the needs of people, not just themselves. What they earn, they give back to the community in programs, jobs, and services. Amazing place.
Pros
Great culture, adequate training, involvement with employees, realistic
Cons
I don't like working 8am to 4pm
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIOctober 18, 2018
It's a good work environment. Lots of people. I would recommend Goodwill to anyone. People are caring. Managers could use better language and attitudes.
Pros
Always making you laugh
Cons
Rude customers or coworkers
Just an all around decent experience!
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
As a cook it allowed me to show my experiences from cooking classes as well as my own skills from just me being me. Overall it was a great opportunity and something I was glad to have taken part in. Good people(staff&managers), and a good work environment! i hope to have some of those same opportunities in the near future especially with the skill set that I have.
Pros
Free lunches, Nice break period, accessibility
Cons
Taking on multiple task at a time, sometimes getting frustrated
Managers not very nice
Supported Living Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
The company does not pay enough for the service provided. some managers do not give opportunities for self-expression. Some coworkers are very mean to colleagues.
Everyone is fun to work with, very easy going.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  seasideOctober 18, 2018
I continually learn new things everyday. making sure where certain items go, making guest feel welcomed. Doing are best to make the store look presentable, easy to shop for our guest.
Pros
flexible hours
Good attitudes from employees.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2018
I was employed with Goodwill for two years. The work culture was positive. The financial compensation for my position was poor. Opportunities for advancement were poor in my department.Management lead with positive attitudes.
It was interesting
Housekeeping-processor (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDOctober 18, 2018
I liked working with the people that I did. I also enjoyed hanging clothing and looking at the stuff coming in. I also liked making my area clean at the end of the week
Pros
Enjoyed everything at this job
Talk in preson
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 18, 2018
As my experience as a sale associate my job title
To: Greet Customers
:Restock Items
:Work Donor Door
:Housekeeping
:Sorting
:Great Teamwork
Pros
Bring lunch
Cons
Average
calm atmosphere
customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 18, 2018
goodwill was a nice environment to work in. daily interaction with customers. light physical work within the business. nice group of people to work with.
Pros
daily contact with people, light physical work
Cons
minimum pay and lil hours
Alot of work for low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INOctober 18, 2018
All in all a friendly place to work. The pay is too low. I am a certified, experieced groomer. The job is way too demanding. There is no recognition for jobs well done. Management needs to be on a better level with associates.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
No advancement
its ok, was better when i first started
CRMA/DSP (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MEOctober 18, 2018
i currently work here, i love my clients and thats about it. staff turn over is high, cant keep anyone, drama drama drama, pay sucks, promised things and they never happen, management....wont go there on that one. no one communicates or pays attention to staff.
Pros
the clients
Cons
no breaks, over worked, pay sucks, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K
43.8K
33.3K
21.3K
11.3K

See reviews about

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodwill Industries.

Powered by Comparably