Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

33.1K
21.2K
11.2K
Found 13,363 reviews matching the search See all 13,651 reviews
productive and fun place to work
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILAugust 15, 2018
a typical day at goodwill includes zoning, cashiering, helping and directing customers, processing returns, answering phone calls, maintaining a clean store, resetting displays and updating prices.
Pros
employee discount
Relaxed environment, rewarding work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Goodwill as a cashier. Talking with customers and getting to know the ones who visited us often was my favorite part of the day. I knew many of our customers by name and still talk to a few of them even after leaving the company. Ours was a smaller store, so we often only had one manager and one cashier to close the store at night. It could sometimes be stressful but not any worse than any other retail job.
Pros
Relaxed management
overall
Supervisor- Cynthia Turner, GM (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 14, 2018
I worked many different positions in the 4 years that I worked at Goodwill. I left Goodwill only because i had earned my degrees and am searching for employment in my field. The management staff was very considerate of the ongoing issues I had with my mothers health and my child's mental health, Overall they were very accommodating to my needs. The only issues were that there were 4 managers and their goals were incosistant. Also after 4 years every 6 months the quota was increased which was always out of reach no matter how hard or fast I worked.
Pros
great management
Cons
no room for raises, each year the whole team was denied raises. Minimum wage increase was the only increases we saw.
very productive
transportation (Former Employee) –  1500 tice street fort myers floridaAugust 14, 2018
It was very hard work. But lve learned a lot. Meet very many different people. Hours were very long .But it was worth it.worked in securd shread for awhile.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
very hot conditions
Good will i dont reccomend it
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte miAugust 14, 2018
Its an ok company been there 14 years hr are great but havent had a raise in 10 yearsthe lack of pay wants me to look for better employmentit has been convient
its an ok place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 14, 2018
everyone was friendly and helpful and worked hard manger was nice they help u out with any thing u needed help with willing train u if u r willing to learn and if r good they will teach to becoming a key holder.
Pros
holiday party
Good training experience
Donations Sorter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
I was given a chance to show my abilities via the Texas Workforce Solutions Center. My assignment was to sort donated items into various bins in storage. My supervisor was understanding and challenging at the same time.
Goodwill standards
Donations Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena TexasAugust 14, 2018
Goodwill standards are so open to the handicapped & helps people that need second chances in life. I believe their pay scale should come up to a higher standard.
Pros
Goodwill Bucks
Cons
Monthly awards & dinners were given ONLY if we made our store budget. how is that fair?
Fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Everyone got along great and made working environment fun. The hardest part of the job just like any other retail job is seeing something you had just organized and cleaned up all over the floor when it was just fixed seconds ago. The most enjoyable was meeting new people all the time along with seeing the regular customers. There was a lot of amazing customers I had working at the location I did.
fun place to work
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2018
Goodwills meet the needs of all job seekers, including programs for youth, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, criminal backgrounds and other specialized needs. In 2017, Goodwill helped more than 288,000 people train for careers in industries such as banking, IT and health care, to name a few — and get the supporting services they needed to be successful — such as English language training, additional education, or access to transportation and child care.

Goodwill Industries International is committed to inclusion and diversity and respecting the people we serve, our community members, and the people with whom we work. We believe in putting people first, providing a safe space for our employees and creating environments where people have the support they need to build their work skills and care for their families. We are proud that people from diverse backgrounds have come to Goodwill to build their skills and their career goals. We will continue this tradition of serving others and building communities that work.

Thanks
Pros
free snack
Cons
all good
Great Place to work
Careers in Technology Trainer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 14, 2018
Each day there is always something different. I love the role that I am in because I help people better themselves. And Acquire a career where they will be self-supporting.
Pros
Great Environmet
Un ambien bueno
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2018
Es una empresa donde tienen sus bajas y sus altas. No todos los empleados se llevan bien pero se respetan. Se lleva a cabo las metas.
Pros
Que a prendes un poco mas al servicio al cliente
Cons
Que no suben el sueldo
The best job I've worked in FL
Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2018
The wages aren't enough for the cost of living but the job is so rewarding. The staff work collaboratively in order to help improve the quality of life for adults with developmental disabilities.
Nothing worse than this place.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 14, 2018
I hate this company so much. Working at it at least. I was in the production department of the store. That's where they take donations. This is the most stressful department of the store. You have to take donations, organize the product, push out product to the sales floor, price product, send out collectable product to the larger goodwill stores. The breaks are minimal, you barely get any. The only places to eat around it are mcdonalds and subway. The hours suck, the pay was 9 dollars an hour. There was so much gossip and rumors that went around. The people that work there are old and act like they're still in high school. They hire just about anybody. The management sucked. The assistant managers constantly flirted with me, the store manager told me once after I made a complaint. Mind you, I never complained, I just got fed up one time with a drunk co worker telling me what I need to do. I complained about this once to the manager and he said "if you're gonna act like a B*tch, don't work here." Worst place to work at, period. If you thought McDonalds was a horrible place, you haven't worked here.
Pros
Cons
Almost no breaks, horrible work environment, terrible management, no parking
Productive and Positive Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 14, 2018
I like workimg st Goodwill because you get to know your daily customers, you get to know your teammates and you grow as a family. Also, the managers will understand if you cannot make it to work and also will work woth your sche
Pros
1 hours lunch.
Cons
No Overtime
It's a fast fun paste job
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 13, 2018
Would work there again if I had to. Management was kind of Miss leading and I felt like they weren't doing their jobs to the fullest of their abilities
Pros
Discounts on store Goods
Cons
Brakes are short
Being new to Texas meeting new people
Head cashier/Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed meeting new people and doing the Auction every week and training the new cashiers. seeing all the regulars an seeing how happy the customer smile..
It really depends on which goodwill you work at and how tough your skin is.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 13, 2018
They will treat you great tell you make your first mistake then they no longer care about you as a person just the number you can put out in a day. 0 out of 10 would not work here again.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIAugust 13, 2018
Liked it. Very stressful. But very fast paced! Overall experience was great and I loved the management that I had! Co workers were really great too!!!
great work place
warehouse forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
work is good. good management. team work is good. fast pace work. organized. trainning in all ares of work. good work hours with over time. clean and healthy work enviorment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodwill Industries.

Powered by Comparably