Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Controller (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed every hour spent at the office at Gulfstream Goodwill as the workforce and the Executive Management were friendly, down-to Earth people who truly appreciated all of the employees and expressed their appreciation on a daily basis.
Pros
Great environment particularly if you were a hard worker.
Cons
Difficult to get accurate financial information from various department heads.
Great Work Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 16, 2018
If you need a starting job or a second part time job, Goodwill can help with that. The work place is great and positions will work around your schedule.
Great company feel good mission awful management
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
Worked serveral years. Work was not appreciated or rewarded. Upper management is insecure and will throw u under the bus to cover u their mistakes. The hourly employs work hard and are the strength of this organization
Pros
Mission statement
Cons
No overtime for salary employees but it is expectected. Upper management is awful to work with
Distribution center
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Diverse work invironment, fast paced, stress full at times, pay is average for the work performed, good place to gain experience in the warehouse industry, good first job for someone with low level of work history
Fun place to work. Employees are mostly characters.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 16, 2018
I was a cashier. We were the third busiest Goodwill in America so we worked hard to get those customers rung up and out. The managers were the worst I've ever had. They do near nothing and especially when we were slammed and needed them to jump on a register they both were hesitant to or diliberately got lost somewhere.
Pros
Working with characters. Humorous recovered addicts and criminals.
Cons
Must work 40 hours a week unless you have some autistic like disability. No part time.
Working at Goodwill Industries taught me how to cope with working in a fast paced work environment.
EHOB Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2018
Our daily routine included processing different materials ranging from preparation of EHOB medical mats to sorting and distinguishing differences in raw materials being used in several competing industries.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Compensation
Not a good place to work
Senior Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2018
They get a lot of money from free, and donations but they have bad salaries for employees.
It's not a good place to work, I personally do not recommend it.
Good place to work to learn skills for advancement
Keyhokder/Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAAugust 16, 2018
This industry is a non profit organization where school students, younger people starting out and seniors who have disabilities or retired can succeed.
This job is perfect for training skills which will help a person advance in this company and pursue others.
Fun place to work
Cashier,Hanger,and Tagger (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 15, 2018
It was close to home
I worked with decent people
The pay was decent and it helped pay my bills and take care of three kids
I sometimes had to walk to work but I had to do what I had to do for my kids
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No raises
Good place as starter job.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
Very fast paced. Donations come and go. Goodwill will not let you shop at the store you work at. Go discounts though. Lots to look through. Over all 4 out of 10.
Pros
Full time job.
Cons
Can't buy at the store you work at.
The Times Of Goodwill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 15, 2018
Goodwill was okay for me because I went through the Goodwill Program before I got the chance to actually work inside the store. I had to participate in a training class for at minimum of 4 weeks where I learned the basics of responsibility in the workplace and being able to always learn within a company and advance. This was a pretty fun and energy- based company. The only issue I encountered with this company was the inconsistency in the Management.
it’s an ok place
cashier/ textile producer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 15, 2018
There was never enough communication within employment and management. No one knew how to do their job efficiently. The employees are very rude to
their coworkers.
enjoyable wor environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 15, 2018
loved working there everyone was so nice there. loved the organization . customers were very kind. it was fast paced. you had to keep your eye on the customers some try to steal stuff.
productive and fun place to work
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILAugust 15, 2018
a typical day at goodwill includes zoning, cashiering, helping and directing customers, processing returns, answering phone calls, maintaining a clean store, resetting displays and updating prices.
Pros
employee discount
Good for starters and the elderly still elligable for work.
Floor & Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 15, 2018
It wasn't the greatest, but the hours were fair. Furthermore the pay is minimum wage, additionally, workers, excluding management, are ineligible for pay raises, despite that, the workers are allowed to move up them employment ladder.
Pros
Good for beginners & people with mental or physical handicaps.
Cons
Minimum wage/Low wages
Relaxed environment, rewarding work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Goodwill as a cashier. Talking with customers and getting to know the ones who visited us often was my favorite part of the day. I knew many of our customers by name and still talk to a few of them even after leaving the company. Ours was a smaller store, so we often only had one manager and one cashier to close the store at night. It could sometimes be stressful but not any worse than any other retail job.
Pros
Relaxed management
overall
Supervisor- Cynthia Turner, GM (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 14, 2018
I worked many different positions in the 4 years that I worked at Goodwill. I left Goodwill only because i had earned my degrees and am searching for employment in my field. The management staff was very considerate of the ongoing issues I had with my mothers health and my child's mental health, Overall they were very accommodating to my needs. The only issues were that there were 4 managers and their goals were incosistant. Also after 4 years every 6 months the quota was increased which was always out of reach no matter how hard or fast I worked.
Pros
great management
Cons
no room for raises, each year the whole team was denied raises. Minimum wage increase was the only increases we saw.
very productive
transportation (Former Employee) –  1500 tice street fort myers floridaAugust 14, 2018
It was very hard work. But lve learned a lot. Meet very many different people. Hours were very long .But it was worth it.worked in securd shread for awhile.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
very hot conditions
Good will i dont reccomend it
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte miAugust 14, 2018
Its an ok company been there 14 years hr are great but havent had a raise in 10 yearsthe lack of pay wants me to look for better employmentit has been convient
its an ok place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 14, 2018
everyone was friendly and helpful and worked hard manger was nice they help u out with any thing u needed help with willing train u if u r willing to learn and if r good they will teach to becoming a key holder.
Pros
holiday party

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight