Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 14,681 reviews matching the search See all 15,014 reviews
Learning experience
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 19, 2019
Working for Goodwill had it's ups and downs but I did learn a lot about the industry and met many wonderful people. The location I worked at had an amazing staff that became like a family to me. It was a tough decision for me to leave after 4+ years of service.
Pros
Great staff, super manager, awesome customers
Cons
Pay was horrible, benefits outrageous, advancement non-existent
Loved Goodwill
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Goodwill was an excellent place to work. They made me feel welcomed, was not only a job but was family oriented. I woke up every morning excited to go to work.
E-Business Collectible Listing Department
E-Commerce Collectible Product Lister I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2019
As a former Collectible Lister, I enjoyed of learning from unusual incoming product through management and online research to provide our costumers with a concise background and detailed condition of the articles for a better costumer experience. Also, I participated in preparing merchandise for the online site, which means assessing for physical acceptable standards and commercial value of the items while sorting product. Cross training in all E-Business departments was necessary as is an always changing paced environment that depends on people’s donations. A normal day in E-business will allow you to engage on product listing, jewelry sorting, book scanning, picture taking, inventory control coordination, customer service and even shipping. Some of the things I liked from E-Business was of allowing employees to listening to music on their phones while working all day long. Regular full time shift is from 8:00am to 4:30pm which is also a nice schedule for operations. Working Sundays is not available which fits great for faith-based people.
Great place to start to learn the trade
ADC Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2019
Great exprience for my first job they pay when they payin gdood hours learned to communicate better pay good lots of better opportunity hirer pay and better benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Loved my job.
Job Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 19, 2019
I loved the M-F work week, but if you did sometime of are a nice person who likes to help.. watch out. Some people at this company do not like it when you try help.
Pros
work hours
Cons
HR and IT
The clients needed and accepted assistance.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoyed assiting my clients at Goodwill Industries and seeing them happy in their progress. The clients were taught skills and job coaching. These clients had a variety of needs. They all were Special Needs individuals.
Pros
Good clients.
Cons
Short breaks, little pay.
Ok place to work
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 19, 2019
Goodwill provided adequate job security however they stretch you thin due to understaffing issues. The coworkers are very nice however their is a huge gap in communication from the top down.
Awesome Place to work
Store Supervisor, Cash Controller, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 18, 2019
I work there 19 hrs per week and everybody is awesome to work with. Management is great and they will work with you if asked! just find your place and have fun.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philipsburg, PAFebruary 18, 2019
The job was easy productive and fun steady pace job. I liked working there but once again medical problems got the best of me and I couldn't keep the job. I like working in a industry like goodwill
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Really no health care
Fun environment
Community Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Northwest, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Great place to work with work life balance. Career advancement in middle management is extremely difficult, the organization tends to pull outside candidates in.
I like helping people but not busy enough
sales rep & cashier (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNFebruary 17, 2019
not enough to do,customers are nice, register works but is real old
not paid enough, some zoning but not much too much just standing around

management is very nice other employees are nice donations are nice to get
Pros
helps poor people
Cons
pay
Toxic corporate evironment
Office (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2019
Employee benefits are good, don't make up for the constant write ups for non-management employees. Management by fear is rampant and the group think of upper management is to not trust anyone and to not value hard or loyalty. Only favorite pet employees survive unscathed
Benefits
Cons
Long work
Good for getting credits toward social security disability.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILFebruary 16, 2019
The work is easy but following rules are difficult due to lack of supervision. I recommend only staying to get the required credits for social security minimum and then move on.
Pros
High pay.
Cons
Employees are very unstable
No opportunnity
Last Chance warehouse & Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2019
No promotional opportunities. Must know someone in upper management to receive promotion.
Management have their favorites, friends and family are the only employees who get promoted.
Awful
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 16, 2019
worst place to work they keep banging on about their mission while treating the workers like nothing management is terrible no communication with employees
Pros
Cons
everything
Busy but fun workplace
Retail Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 16, 2019
It was an okay place to work. It really depends on who your working with as it is a very team oriented workplace. The nuts and bolts consist of taking donations from the public, sorting, pricing and resale. Depending on your store and amount of donations, it can be very busy and stressful at times. It's a good place to get experience in various fields of retail but don't plan on using those skills to make a career there. Unless your fine with low pay and penny raises. If you get one at all. If you work hard and show some aptitude there is opportunity for advancement into management where you can make more money.
Pros
Flexable hours. Regularly scheduled breaks. Employee discounts
Cons
Low pay. High turn-over rate.
Never again
Furniture Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 16, 2019
Great manager left company and director took over the department and destroyed it. Never trust anything they say and you will never do enough. Pay is so low and conditions are disgusting.
Unprofessional and messy
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2019
The Goodwill I was working at was very unprofessional and some of the younger employees did whatever it was they wanted to do.Managers had their favorites and didn't care about others feelings.The Keyholders are used to do all the work and upper management sits in office all day playing around .Male managers started hiring young females for personal reasons there was alot of sleeping around going on between managers and female workers.This job was the worst ever and if I could go back I wouldn't at all.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Disrespectful workers
Nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 16, 2019
Nice place to work. Love the customers. It would be nice to be able to work more hours. Never had any trouble with anyone. The work hours are flexible it's just a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Can't sell anything that's not priced.
Challenging and fun.
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Management wasn't always fair to its employees. I was able to learn a lot regarding what I needed to do for my future. The company do get away from its foundation belief. Like helping more to the community and raising their prices higher than ever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K

Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss