Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Found 207 reviews matching the search See all 14,392 reviews
Trash job
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 18, 2018
I would never in my life work for them if given chance due to poor management, poor communication, lack of structure and discipline, unrealistic jobs wanted to be done
Pros
Hours are great
Cons
Poor management
What you learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2018
Helping customers in saving money, putting people to work, and education programs. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people. The hardest part of the job is training people above you. I learned my brand in items , good , beeter and best.
It a start for someone that needs work.
Area Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
Goodwill help individuals that have challenges in life that they consider obstacles. Once they arrive at goodwill those obstacles become obsolete.
Great company to work for
Stressful position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2018
Goodwill always made changes on a daily or weekly basis to what their quota on having their numbers meet. Nothing ever met their requirements. If we were asked our opinions on how we could better our department we were ignored. Being vocal and trying to explain the issues in the department we worked let go from the job, schedules would be changed to make us want to leave our job. Management was always moved around to other stores.
People move around a lot and turnover is high
Career Advancement Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
First off, the health insurance and PTO policy are awful. Know that going in or you will be disappointed. People tend to change jobs or leave every couple of months, so new opportunities are always opening up. Overall people here are nice, but very few are around long enough to know their jobs well so there is a lot of confusion about who is supposed to be doing what. A lot of young management, which is good in some ways and lacking in others.
Very affordable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2018
Having goodwill makes things essyer for those that have criminal record..……… and in general it’s a good experience to go threw. And the great discounts.
Nothing that represents Good or Will
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2018
The summary says it all - THIS company represents itself as a well round organization but definitely is not sure from the core! As a new recruiter to a department that wasn't really recognized as a part of the company - contracts state one thing and the Goodwill hiring policy and standard being non-existant made filling contracts a nightmare, just to name a few...
Temporary job
Administrative Technician I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2018
I call Goodwill is my life savers. Every time when I needed job GW was there. Always offer me best place to work. In Beaumont I worked Attorney General Office was my best job.
I was hired for a certain position and I ended up doing something completely different.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2018
At the location I am ot there is poor management. For what you have to do you are not paid near enough for what you have to do. They do work with you on your hours and goodwill does have some perks and discounts.
Interesting place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Goodwill is steadily changing and growing everyday. It is a very flexible place to work. Advancement is easy as long as you put forth the work. Never a dull moment...
not Goodwill
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed creating harmony for the clients with the mindset of creating a better future not understanding that it wasn't about the goodwill of others instead it was more about receiving sponsors as well as clients - taking money but not really giving jobs.
Cons
management not communicative, everyone just looks the other way when it comes to management
Very Stressful, the hardest workers get paid the least.
RETAIL TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2018
I applied to the job as I just moved from another area. The job started at a relatively low pay for the area. They promised a raise within the first year during review period, but that did not happen til the following year. If you are late more than once, you do not get a pay raise for that year. Pay is below cost of living, job is extremely fast paced and stressful. They put unreasonable production demands on all stores. I took the job as I love helping those that need help but at the store level, that does not happen.
Pros
Fixed set of hours weekly
Cons
Excuses by management to not use Paid Time Off hours
Good training experience
Donations Sorter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
I was given a chance to show my abilities via the Texas Workforce Solutions Center. My assignment was to sort donated items into various bins in storage. My supervisor was understanding and challenging at the same time.
Being new to Texas meeting new people
Head cashier/Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed meeting new people and doing the Auction every week and training the new cashiers. seeing all the regulars an seeing how happy the customer smile..
Productive and fun
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78753August 12, 2018
Love the training that is provided to move up to management. They help build a person into getting the right training. They also offer so many resources
Goodwill
Commercial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  1015 Norwood Park Blvd, Austin, TX 78753July 30, 2018
I loved working for goodwill because i had a great manger and everyone was so nice and they made sure i got all of my hours. My manger was a great person because she always made sure i had all of my work hours.
Freindly people/manager sucked
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2018
Daily duties were to check all customers out and help out as much as possible. Cleaning out the dressing rooms hourly and putting all items on a rack to put back on the floor. Cleaning the aisles and restroom were needed very often. It was a learning experience to try to get along with a manager that was very rude and made rude comments about other people. I mostly enjoyed interacting with new people everyday.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
It was more stressfull than anything.
Team member, help customers (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2018
It was really short staffed the manager at that location did not want to hire more people so overall that was the reason i left the stress became overwhelmed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunch and darama
No advancement oprotunities
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
No loyalty from manager very low pay compared to price of living here. I will never return to work at any goodwill location again in my life. Degrading treatment of employees.
Pros
Got a discount
Cons
Low pay not paid for work done
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
none this is a great company they give a second chance to many deserving people they offer flexible schedules and maintain a possitive attide to all there valued emplyees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss