Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Excellent place to work
Director of Youth Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Very important mission. Dedicated and passionate staff and management. Several opportunities for professional growth and development. It's a very large organization and could sometimes feel too corporate.
Poor Communication
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I was hired thru an associate of a family member that supposedly received confirmation from her boss. The entire process was misconstrued and got my family member of 25 years of service fired and Goodwill stated what TXDOT wanted them to instead of the truth. Since TXDOT is a huge contract they did not want to loose and probably could not afford to loose they went along with the story that was a lie.
plenty of opportunity
Cashier/Recyling (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Plenty of variety in positions. Plenty of room for advancemnt. Many programs offered to assist employees to ensure success in a career or education. Great place to start.
Pros
programs, pay, diversity
Cons
working in a warehouse can get very hot and very cold but if you can deal with that then youre good
Enjoy how we are always finding things we have never seen.
Logistics Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  6505 Burleson Ave Austin TX 78744January 31, 2018
Start the day with emails and calls, then checking on what did not get done last night. Learned how to better time manage, to complete all runs. Nothing hard about the job, yet having to walk someone out is never fun. Most enjoyable part is the times when things are running smooth and we are ahead, and my works are joking around.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Goodwill Burleson Road Austin TexasJanuary 29, 2018
They have flexible hours Hands-On work relax job pace acceptable work lunch breaks are okay there's nothing bad to say about Goodwills warehouse work supervisor watches consistently in is very happy about my work.
Pros
Flexible hours, relax job pace, acceptable work, lunch breaks
Cons
No Conn's at all
Fantastic
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Awesome place,.loving environment , great work ethic and experience..
Extremely helpful to n learning new trades
She has excellent people skills
Pros
No breaks
Cons
Pay was okay.
Offers opportunity for growth and stability.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I think Goodwill is a great opportunity to get started in the workforce community again if you have never been or been out of the workforce for some time.
Productive and fun place with breakroom
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
i was able to move around freely and help others in many other departments besides my own, sometimes customer service. I would always recieve positive feedback from the supervisors.
Pros
televisions in the breakroom
Goodwill
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Its nothing fancy but great prices fun people.. Bad manager. They fired two managers while i was there another robbery after i left bad areas young kids robbed this location
Get what you expect
Retail / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2017
I worked here part time as a college student during an internship elsewhere for extra money. I was on my feet all day and it was very tiresome. I did it for the experience of helping those in need and interacting with individuals that I wouldn't usually come across. However, the work was hard (in comparison to other retail jobs) and the pay was minimal. Working 55+ hours a week between two jobs wore me out.
Its a good place learn
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2017
I learned a lot of skills and how to work wit others. Goodwill showed me how to move up in a company. The only thing is trying to cover for others when multiple people call in. But I did no sweat.
Pros
work with different peolpe
Cons
working in the rain
Need to be willing to sacrifice salary and benefits
Copywriter/Digital Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2017
I liked working there, but there was no chance of advancement and benefits were not good. The salary was what you'd expect from a non-profit company, but they kept cutting benefits.
Good culture
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2017
Never had been in a non-profit business and they have an admirable mission. Goodwill is a hand-up and not a hand-out, which I respect.
Indeed wants more but this enough.
It was a learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2017
Utilize there resources to improve your progress. I was able to broaden my horizons. I was given the opportunity to grow and learn my craft. I interacted with alot of different people
Pros
Freedom to develop
Cons
The pay was not very competitive
Na
E-Commerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2017
Not my choice in a career but was a stepping stone to some job experience. I would weather work some where with actual room for advancement in the career field I was in at that time.
Nice people With Great Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2017
The job Was fast pace and you stayed on Your feet for the whole ten hours , thats what I Liked about the job,it taught me to multi-Task and work fast.
Pros
Fun Job Everyone is welcoming but still is their to get the job done, and you can get promotions easy if you did your job.
Cons
Standing up for ten hours straight can get tiring if your not used to that type of work
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2017
Enjoyable.
Pleasant work environment with tons of opportunity to grow and develop new skills; school opportunities and competitive pay. Always ready to lend help and guide you in the direction you're looking in to.
Pros
Lunch break and discount
Cons
Rude customers at times
workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working on the Army base, meeting new people building relationships with staffs as well as the soldiers. I just did not like my pay rate for the job. I love what i do even if it was making a living at the time cleaning for others just the joy of them acknowledging what I did made my day.
Pros
gaining knowlede from soliders
Cons
Committed place that is full of love and will work you to the bone
Assistive Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2017
The individuals who work here are committed to assisting Austin community to find jobs. The job was demanding and required multitasking and prioritizing of others lives in order to meet the high needs of the community. It was very stressful, but their was a high degree of celebration and enjoyment throughout the year to relieve stress on employees. The benefits were good.
Pros
Benefits, free coffee
Cons
lots of travel, lack of downtime
Over all a great place to work
Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2017
My manager is awesome. Taught me a lot about how to communicate in a team environment. When you work for Goodwill you work for the mission of helping others, of employing those who need second or third chances and that is the best part of the job, being part of something bigger than oneself. It's a family like culture where you are always looking out for each other, helping out with leave time for a coworker who is sick and needing the help. It's all hard work, but it's rewarding.
Pros
Paid time off, paid holidays, time and a half for holidays worked, 403(b) plan, 2-15 min breaks per shift on the clock, a 30 min lunch off the clock
Cons
Low starting pay and slow pay raises (once a year)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K