Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in Las Vegas, NV

Found 170 reviews matching the search See all 14,545 reviews
Helpful, enriching, and Simple
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
I wish my job at goodwill was more permanent, it was a good job and taught me valuable skills for future retail jobs. I had a good manager who showed us what we needed to do, and allowed us to turn to her for whatever questions we had.
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandise Associate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2018
It was okay, this was just a temporary job that I was working. I did although liked working there despite the hours and breaks that were given. Otherwise it was great.
Volunteer Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
It was ok, didn't have too much problems volunteering for them. Follow all rules & regulations an you will be fine. Always take your breaks in the break area.
not worth it
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
all the work that is needed to be done did not add up to the pay u could be working outside in multiply position in the company different location all for minimum wage
Pros
consist work
Cons
everything
goodwill
Sales Associate/Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2018
Working at goodwill was hard,they always put a lot of pressure on you to work harder . working hard was never enough for goodwill,and the pay was horrible. I worked hard for the company for almost no pay. The insurance was awful. If I were to return it would have to be a behind the desk job.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no pay
Love this Job
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2018
If the pay was enough to meet my responsibilities I'd probably stay at Goodwill forever. Love the people that come in, love the atmosphere, love non profit work, love learning, love to help people, love knowing that I'm doing a community service at the same time, love that they work with disabilities.
Cons
not enough salary to sustain life
Great
Goodwill Industries (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Its ok.but to busy sometimes i like it but it needs more work and that helps me with stuff but nit eveything and that makes me success and gappy nesss
Pros
Buy lunch
Cons
Bad food
Productive and fun workplace with equal opportunities to all employees.
ADC/ambassador donation center (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2018
Fast paced, productive, very competitive, and fun workplace with all the people you worked everyday. Different types of people not only co workers but as well as customers. Management is fair to all the workers as well as to customers.
The job of many jobs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2018
At goodwill the skills and job training they do is that you get a chance to do all jobs like (stocking, register, donation collectors, security etc.) Its a easy job and something you do not take with you when you go home. The hours are very flexible but the pay is minimum wage with little room for advancement.
Excellent
Lead Supervisor/ Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
They gave me the necessary training I needed to become more successful on my career path, as well as giving me the motivation to rise and achieve In success.
Low pay
Safety Officer OSHA (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 7, 2018
Good will is a non profit company but yet they tell you in meeting that they make millions every quarter but workers don’t see anything my first raise after 6 months was 0.10$
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Don’t expect any raise
Great Co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
A typical day at work is no incidents
What I have learned at work was CPR
Workplace culture was a relaxing culture
Restocking the shelves was the hardest part of my job
So so
Retail Associate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
You work very very very hard for very little pay 5 hours felt like you were a 8 hour shift but the people was nice management was good the experience was humbling and greet
Great employees and great core values to abide bye I just love every thing about goodwilland what they offer
Sales Associate, lead processer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2018
Goodwill is a great job to have a stepping stone to a great career. The employees are really nice and kind with great additutes and always smiling . The management also take great consideration to there employees and the family's. Always trying to thrive to meet goals and production quarters.
Pros
Great employees, great hour's, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks. Short lunches.
Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
Got to volunteer and experience the retail field. All of my coworkers were super nice and everyone worked as a team by selling, cleaning and putting everything back to its place.
Pros
I can't remember
Cons
I can't remember
My summary
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
Well at the warehouse you want to break down most boxes as possible and organize in these wheel barrow for sales and to make room when we get more loads of shipment. Book inventory -same thing you want to be fast as possible to put IBN number in the computers. Recycle- boxes organizing items like metal,glass ,hard plastic, soft plastic,cardboard,paper, wires. I would have to say going though boxes is the hardest because you will find some gross things in those boxes with a nasty smell. I liked recycling because it keeps you busy with moving around. The inventory on books you stand in one spot not moving much but its easy!!
Not Run Well
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2018
They made promises that they new they would not keep to try to keep employees.Typical day working short handed. Store management was good. The hardest part was Trying get everything they wanted done with no bodies.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Not reliable
Improvement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
All retail has room for improvement. The pay need to increase. McDonald's pay their employees more. Safety of others needs to be met for the store more concern about making the money than the mission we up hold for our community.
Difficult to withstand
Mission Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
This is not an area where I feel divulging information would be appropriate since I currently work here and do not believe in slandering companies. Thank you for professionally understanding.
Pros
wage for managers or mission based employees
Cons
everything else
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
Overall Goodwill is a really good company to work for as long as they have enough staff to make sure all tasks get done. Also management should get more involved in marking sure things are ran the way the are supposed to. Managers should also close at least 3 times a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K
43.9K
33.4K
21.3K
11.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodwill Industries.

Powered by Comparably