Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Found 229 reviews matching the search See all 13,909 reviews
Goodwill not good
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2018
I was promise fulltime hours. I had to process 500 items day management horrible I would go in just got sent home many times I wouldn't ever work there again
Pros
Cons
Mangers
Fast paced
Asset Protection Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2018
Horrible place to work for. If you want to work and not have an outside life then Goodwill is your place to be at. No advancement at all unless you are part of the click
Pros
Nothing at all!!!
Cons
Management always complaining about productivity
Stressful and Dirty
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
The job duties itself were stressful, I've stood and walked around at all of my jobs but this one had me aching. I was in school at the time and after work always planned on doing things before bed to be ready the next morning. They lock us in at night and will not let us out until EVERYTHING is sorted and put exactly into order, sometimes not getting out of work until almost 2 AM. This was not okay and they were not compliant, so I quit.
Distribution center
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Diverse work invironment, fast paced, stress full at times, pay is average for the work performed, good place to gain experience in the warehouse industry, good first job for someone with low level of work history
Fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Everyone got along great and made working environment fun. The hardest part of the job just like any other retail job is seeing something you had just organized and cleaned up all over the floor when it was just fixed seconds ago. The most enjoyable was meeting new people all the time along with seeing the regular customers. There was a lot of amazing customers I had working at the location I did.
Great environment and company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work for people are great customers nice and friendly Management can be stressful at times and not help in the right ways but overall was okay to work for.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks not enough staff
Not What I Was Expecting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
Although the goal of the company is noble the culture of the company leaves a lot to be desired. Hourly workers are underpaid and management expectations of results are very punitive and does not provide a positive work environment.
Pros
Management Pay
Cons
Culture and Work Environment
Terrible management
Home Pickup (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
Terrible management , low pay , management was not good at all. Goodwill has a variety of things to work on and I recommend no one to apply there at all.
Learning from good will
Cashier, Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Working there was new for me only because it showed me how to get to work on time and giving me a countless level of working. i learned about being on time and how ot to be late for anything.
Pros
Good day off
Cons
No health care
Can be challenging in some locations
Customer Service/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Great benefits and monthly bonuses. Everybody employed has the ability to move up in the company pretty quick, Management turnover and relocation to different stores does however, make it difficult.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
Very high turnover
same as other retail stores
donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Goodwill is what you would expect from a second hand store. But the one I worked at actually had some pretty nice things that were donated. Some managers were ok while others were lazy.
Would not recommend.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. I was very unhappy with the lies about their mission. They are in it to pad their pockets and not to help put people to work.
Great staff
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2018
It was a happy and fun environment with a great staff. The pay was very low, too low to make a living... I had truly enjoyed working for this company, although, I had to leave because I was offered a position at a school, making more money.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2018
Fun and fast paced place to work if you can handle the physical labors that come with it, a lot of bending walking fast, fast body movements, quick thinking and high expectations, all depends on management.
Great place to start out with
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
receive donation from the community
clean donation
stock donation
keep area stocked and cleaned for customers
see different donation and helping customers in need
Pros
quiet place to work
Audits for the program below 50 percent
CAREER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2018
The entire youth program needed to be reorganized as it was at 50 percent with performance measurement outcomes by the state funding for Work Investment Act. Tremendous issues with management of each case file and services offered to each client was not within the guidelines set by the funders.
nothing much fun
salvage processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2018
at the job you are required to ware a certain dress code and you have to separate the shoes and all the clothing right into big bags 500 pounds bags four of them use the sewing machine the breaks were cool nothing that fun
productive daily
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85048June 14, 2018
productive daily working with customers, helping with what they needed and multi-tasking with them and the cashiers. Management was okay, they allowed me to take the days I needed off, they worked with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job is handling angry customers but the situation is controlled until you bring it up to the manager. Although, your coworkers make it fun throughout the day.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
cleaning every hour
See below
Director of Commercial Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2018
Goodwill is a GREAT place to work at. The pay and the benefits are fantastic. The culture is strong and consistent. There are many job options for new hires to choose from.
Goodwill
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2018
Goodwill was okay, I cant personally give you a better review then that because I liked the job for the most part but my managers where something else. You knew who the favorites were and who they didn't like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight