Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Fun Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2017
Every day was a fun day with my coworkers and helping customers find specific items. Enjoying the discounts that were offered. Very busy 50% off sale days and seeing the used items come in.
Pros
discounts
Cons
nothing
Beware, it's NOT what it seems to be...
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate PHOENIXDecember 11, 2017
The position applied for and what was expected of me were two different things. After the second day I realized the job was in effect doing both the manager and her assistant's jobs while they spent their day elsewhere in the Co. I approached my manager about the job not being remotely like the job I'd done for years. Admittedly she wanted someone who would teach and show her how to process claims. Which left me questioning just what the heck had they been doing up to that point? I lasted halfway through my 3rd day. When I inquired about job reassignment HR told to go to a career center and volunteer until I accumulated job skills. I've been working for the past 40 years, I HAVE skills. Goodwill is a not for profit entity, so that 1% of every dollar they "make" must be adding up to billions, salaries are high, Corporate is lavishly decorated and furnished. Goodwill has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth having seen behind the facade they strive to maintain. I cannot honestly recommend them to anyone seeking employment nor can I bring myself to shop or donate any longer. Corporate is very poorly managed with too much internal touting of what a great organization they are. You need to hit the ground running from day one. Beware, there is alot here than meets the eye. Tread warily.
Pros
Orientation lunch was nice
Cons
Everything else
Showing more appreciation to employees and compensate employees better
Retail Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
Overall working here for two years I loved my coworkers and the work environment but because of the lack of competitive pay for the amount of work done and my dissatisfaction with unrealistic company standards and expectations I'm choosing to leave a management position to find a better company to work for.
Pros
current manager is great
Cons
pay
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2017
good I liked it a lot they workled with me on a lot of things and the managers were not always on your case about everything it was a relaxing job to me I would go back if they worked with my schedule
A Simple Grind
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2017
Working at Goodwill Industries is a simple, straight-forward ordeal. The tasks are simple, usually dependent upon reaching a daily quota of completed product, and can be carried out by nearly anyone. Almost all of the work is done hands-on, requiring minimal interaction with technology. Whilst transferring product to the sales floor for purchase, it is imperative for the worker to understand every aspect of the store, as they are frequently approached by customers with questions, which should always be answered with customer service that leaves a lasting impression.
Pros
Stability, customer service experience.
Cons
Career skills, advancement, compensation.
Great JOb
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
Ive never had a job like goodwill, somedays i wish i hadnt decided to explore other options. I miss going to work there. I never hated getting up and having to go to work. It was amazing to work there
Outstanding service for the community
Workforce Investment Act Program/ Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2017
Great organization if you enjoy working with the public and assisting people with their employment needs (Resume, application and mock interviews). Retail store discounts to all employees.
Pros
Outstanding asset to the surrounding community
Cons
Lack of work hours
Overall goodwill is a great work place.
Retail Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85041October 2, 2017
For every department, shoes, cloth, electrical, etc, there was a number of processors. I processed shoes; I was the only shoe processor. Every morning we would work on the sales floor for one hour, cleaning, colorizing, quality checks on all product out in our department. After a hour on the sales floor, we would head to the back to start processing. Everyday we had to meet goodwill standards and a number of product to put out everyday. if my numbers were met early, i will help another department meet their numbers. It was the same thing everyday.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Rough
Asset Protection Area Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
Turn over rate is extremely high. Most employees are not treated very well. Pay is lower than other comanies.Employees that have been there 5 plus years are set in their ways and dont like change.
Summery
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
Clock in and assume roll and task passed down by manager.. Usually cleaning of the store floors and re organizing shelves and racks until the store looks nice and neat
Pros
knowing where good items are
Cons
having to hide items from others
Goodwill Summary
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
I loved the position I held, Production Associate. Every day was different because I worked with what had been donated by the public and it was random and unpredictable. It was a fast paced job, had to meet a quota each day, but I'm a competitive person so I loved that.
good Place
R M P (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
good pace you have to get a min of quto
price good better great quilty
very good
good work place
get min of quto in
work in my own pace in my little station
Pros
the reward the group if we do good
Cons
healthcare to high
n/a
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I worked a full time employee at Goodwill. A normal day for me would be driving forklifts and working the tip operator and also helping other coworkers, until the end of my shift.
Great co-workers and managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Working at Goodwill was an amazing experience. The job was very fitting for me and it was a place to have a job advancement. Co-workers and management were a wonderful team . The hardest part of this job was our sale Saturday the whole store is 50% off and maintaining the store was difficult.
Fairly Flexible, well connected with communities and social services
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2017
There are many Goodwill thrift strores/ "Donation drop off's" in Central Arizona and each store has a career center. Each Retail strore consist of, a team of Donation attedents, a line of production, cashiers and several manegers & manager assistants.
Pros
Employee appreciation day's and yearly rewards
Cons
Long period of Minimum wage
I enjoyed the workplace!
Cloth Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Fun but very fast paced environment. It was very stressful too because our store was going through changes and we were always having new management who all liked things done its own very way so alot of changes i had to adapt to
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
breaks went to fast only 15 mins but if u were working and didnt see time u still lost those minutes
Super Busy Days - not able to complete projects as new always added
Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2017
Management team are Micro Managers; always looking over your shoulder; not affording you the opportunity to clear one project before another project is assigned;
Pros
Good benefits; good discounts
Cons
micro managing
Fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with the general public, I learned about manager duties, opening and closing procedures. You must have open availability, love to get your hands dirty, and excellent communication skills. You will encounter all different types of people, and you should treat each person with dignity, respect, and with empathy.
Pros
laid back enviroment
Cons
flexible scheduling
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2017
It was good first job. Let me know what working was all about. It was a great way to ease into work life. management was great. I just did not want to sort through donations for the rest of my life.
Learned how the work place works ,and enjoye the customers and Co-workers.
Warehouse Worker,stocker, Tag clothes,sorted (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2017
I enjoyed working there, though my high school program. Would like very much to work at Goodwill again. Enjoyed the people I worked with ,the customers .Environment gave me self esteem.
Pros
Work environment and experience
Cons
It was a high school program for students with disabilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.