Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Found 238 reviews matching the search See all 14,521 reviews
A great place to work.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2018
Like every company, there can be some hard days. However, the great days far outweighed any bad experiences I had at Goodwill. The management was very supportive and wanted everyone to have a chance to advance in the company.
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
Slow turnaround on requests.
Goodwill
Donations Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2018
I really enjoyed woriking at goodwill. Everyone was so kind and was a very enjoyable work environment. I would say the best bout it was seeing all the smiles on the customers for reasonable prices.
Pros
Happy Social environment
Cons
Hit or Miss hours
work enviroment
dell reciycle/ sorter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2018
it's a great place to learn how things are being brought in and put out, what I meant to say was by donation. NOTHING GOING TO WASTE. i do respect what a place like this would do to a community and i support them very much.
Fun workplace
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2018
Goodwill was a fun place to work all of the worker there was very nice people everybody got along . The Mangement they were nice people. But The hardest part about working there is carrying heavy piece of furniture into the compacker and my most enjoyable part of the job was founding a lot of crazy things in the donations
People like each other.
Assistant Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
This was a Career Center position where I assisted people in looking for a job. The position should actually be called a job placement facilitator. Very difficult working with people who have little or know computer experience.
retail associate
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2018
I worked directly with the public--the customers made there purchases and I scanned them, which would create there total--by the computer. They would pay with cash, or credit card. I enjoyed working with the customer and had a great times-laughter, kindness
Pros
seeing my regular customers, enjoying conversation with them, sometimes just be there with a smile made them happy
Cons
sale saturdays were the worst...
laid back management
Retail Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2018
Need to hit quotas everyday.
Make sure pulls are done.
Store is clean and open on time.
No work hazards.
Price all appropriate product.
Follow recall guidelines.
Pros
8 to 5 shifts
Cons
Too many to list
fun place to work
Home pickup Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2018
Very fun work environment and co workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part can be having to tell someone no and having to tell someone yes when we shouldn't.
Pros
flexible
Cons
n/a
Goodwill not good
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2018
I was promise fulltime hours. I had to process 500 items day management horrible I would go in just got sent home many times I wouldn't ever work there again
Pros
Cons
Mangers
Gives people a chance.
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
No matter your path or where life took you in the past, this organization is willing to give you a chance. You come together with others who are looking to improve their life.
Fast paced
Asset Protection Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2018
Horrible place to work for. If you want to work and not have an outside life then Goodwill is your place to be at. No advancement at all unless you are part of the click
Pros
Nothing at all!!!
Cons
Management always complaining about productivity
Stressful and Dirty
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
The job duties itself were stressful, I've stood and walked around at all of my jobs but this one had me aching. I was in school at the time and after work always planned on doing things before bed to be ready the next morning. They lock us in at night and will not let us out until EVERYTHING is sorted and put exactly into order, sometimes not getting out of work until almost 2 AM. This was not okay and they were not compliant, so I quit.
Distribution center
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Diverse work invironment, fast paced, stress full at times, pay is average for the work performed, good place to gain experience in the warehouse industry, good first job for someone with low level of work history
Fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2018
Everyone got along great and made working environment fun. The hardest part of the job just like any other retail job is seeing something you had just organized and cleaned up all over the floor when it was just fixed seconds ago. The most enjoyable was meeting new people all the time along with seeing the regular customers. There was a lot of amazing customers I had working at the location I did.
Great environment and company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work for people are great customers nice and friendly Management can be stressful at times and not help in the right ways but overall was okay to work for.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks not enough staff
Not What I Was Expecting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
Although the goal of the company is noble the culture of the company leaves a lot to be desired. Hourly workers are underpaid and management expectations of results are very punitive and does not provide a positive work environment.
Pros
Management Pay
Cons
Culture and Work Environment
Terrible management
Home Pickup (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
Terrible management , low pay , management was not good at all. Goodwill has a variety of things to work on and I recommend no one to apply there at all.
Learning from good will
Cashier, Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Working there was new for me only because it showed me how to get to work on time and giving me a countless level of working. i learned about being on time and how ot to be late for anything.
Pros
Good day off
Cons
No health care
Can be challenging in some locations
Customer Service/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Great benefits and monthly bonuses. Everybody employed has the ability to move up in the company pretty quick, Management turnover and relocation to different stores does however, make it difficult.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
Very high turnover
same as other retail stores
donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Goodwill is what you would expect from a second hand store. But the one I worked at actually had some pretty nice things that were donated. Some managers were ok while others were lazy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodwill Industries.

Powered by Comparably