Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Attendant

Found 585 reviews matching the search See all 14,334 reviews
Good work place
ADC Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 11, 2018
Good work place needs better management had okay times the manager wasnt so pleased with me due to personal reasons although all of that the job was great and I would have stood longer
Terrible management, no job advancement
Store Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Scappoose, ORNovember 10, 2018
The managers are terrible, inconsistent schedules, toxic work enviroment. Abusive language used against employees by managers with no repercussions when reported.
Worked there for four years and it just got worse and worse
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 9, 2018
Bad pay, no life balance, sketchy management. Overpriced insurance that sucked. I have told all of my friends that inquired about working therre not to do it. It's not worth it at all.
Cons
all of it
Worked with excellent people, non supervised work enviorment
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLNovember 8, 2018
Excellent part time work, close to home, good hours. Very organized work environment. Could get hectic during holidays especially end of year. Overall experience was great, still in contact with employees at that site
Repetitive
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2018
Honestly the schedule was set up to where everything had to happen at a certain time setting. Knowing that made it quite relaxing to prepare and prevent.
Pros
Healthcare, Always busy
Cons
Breaks and Hours
Not Great
Donation Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 5, 2018
The people are mostly great, it’s the actual job that is sub par. The stores are ALWAYS understaffed so there is never enough people to get everything done. That means everyone is in constant overdrive just trying to keep up. The pay is basically minimum wage with ZERO allowed overtime. Hours are not flexible, and the work is unforgiving. The friendly co workers can make it ok, but all it takes is the one person with a bad attitude to make your 8 hour shift completely miserable. All the managers I knew were very nice however and never had a problem with them. Another thing to note is that the customers are more obtrusive than the average store. There are a lot of homeless people and thieves that come in and try to steal/give you a hard time because we are a non profit organization.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Nonfelxible hours, no overtime, hard labor, overly difficult customers
my position has been a relaxed one with periods of heavy hard work
DEC Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 25, 2018
this is a position of periods of relaxed time and then periods of hard and heavy work. You never know what the day will bring. I have enjoyed my time here.
Pros
sometimes really relaxed time
Cons
pay is very low
Fun workplace
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2018
Goodwill was a fun place to work all of the worker there was very nice people everybody got along . The Mangement they were nice people. But The hardest part about working there is carrying heavy piece of furniture into the compacker and my most enjoyable part of the job was founding a lot of crazy things in the donations
productive and relaxed environment
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 16, 2018
i enjoyed my work experience with this company .great environment good benefits and the best mangers .i would recommend this job for someone if you enjoy a great and beneficial work environment and people
Joke-period
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2018
Run away from this job as fast as you can!---You pick threw trash and try to get stuff to sell,---if you dont want something -just give it to goodwill---like trash!------Now lets talk pay---hahahahaha to put up with trash all day! Geez!!!!!
Pros
Workers are nice---most
Cons

Want to know more about Goodwill Industries?

Ask a question
A great enviroment that pushes you to meet goals
Donation Attendant/ Wares (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 27, 2018
I loved accepting donations and putting them through the system to get them out onto the floor room. The job taught me a lot about time management as I had a quota to meet each day.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Quota can carry over to the next day if it is not met
Good work envirement amongst co-workers.
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MISeptember 19, 2018
The Goodwill, I worked at wasn't to bad in every other department besides Donations. The job I worked required a lot from their employee's without much in the ways of appreciation or benfiets. The work envirement amongst co-workers was rather pleasant. Everyone worked together to get the job done smoothly. The job became difficult mainly in the evening when everyone left and you were left alone to do everything by yourself. Management was a bit spotty.
Pros
Good working envirement during the morning to mid day.
Cons
Lack of benfiets, no help after a certain time, lack of options to further your career.
I enjoyed the pace of working here.
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MISeptember 17, 2018
While working at Goodwill I was able to learn the ins and outs of the donation process. I liked being on the floor and prepping merchandise for sales. I did not learn the register as I was only there for 2 weeks as a trial work experience.
Goodwill is a enjoyable company to work for
Donation Center attendant (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 16, 2018
I love working at Goodwill because you come in contact with different cultures of life I learned some people are over stress at Goodwill and others take the job for granted but I'm not one of them I am a hard worker and I love respecting people the manager showed their respect and playful but always helping out when you need them and they always say thank you for what you're doing I love to hear that that What Makes a Good Company successful Goodwill has the cleanest back room and they are organized that always make a great management team and people will love for working for them the only thing I don't like about Goodwill smart mouth employees and caring couches but I do love working at Goodwill because the bosses are always down to earth and always there to be your friend but of course you have to take orders because they are bosses but they are there for you
Very difficult.
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 13, 2018
Goodwill was a very difficult job because I went from 25 hours a week to 6 hours per week and I really didn't like just sitting there until people made donations. and my manager did not like me.
Pros
Working was a great motivator not working just sitting was not.
Cons
Many things about this job were really hard to deal with.
overall
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Harrison, OHSeptember 13, 2018
goodwill is a good place to start out, but i wouldnt be there for years! some day are better then others, i work in donations people give you there trash-junk-i had one lady gave me a box of rotten potatoes. i mean they give you there TRASH.
Pros
workers
Cons
people that donatan
Great Company
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Novato, CASeptember 11, 2018
Loved the job and the people. Every job has that one though :-) Overall it's a great place to work if your starting out or if you have a criminal record. These guys give you a chance to get into the workforce and if you want to advance in the company it's possible too. Just show up, do your job, work hard and you won't have any problems.
Pros
Make your money and network, Don't be afraid to ask questions
Cons
It gets hectic at times but if you can do this you can do anything, Just show up tomorrow and do it again.
Good employess help one another
Door attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Too work at a pace dat your able too work from dependung if your handycap or not its a very good place too work i enjoy d employess very much dey all including d upper staff were very helpfull
N/a
Donations attendant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 9, 2018
It was a very busy workplace but not fun to work at as a donations associate. The managers and cashiers are most of the time unfair to customers and the customers didn't help that situation.
Easy going
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNSeptember 8, 2018
expect to get a little dusty, work with lots of different people, be able to say no to a customer, clean, and sort, heavy lifting. Management super understanding, fair scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight