Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Attendant

Found 551 reviews matching the search See all 13,639 reviews
It's a fast fun paste job
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 13, 2018
Would work there again if I had to. Management was kind of Miss leading and I felt like they weren't doing their jobs to the fullest of their abilities
Pros
Discounts on store Goods
Cons
Brakes are short
Good Company
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
Goodwill is a non profit that says above all else that it believes in the power of work. In practice it's a retail chain second hand store.

The pay is low and it's not enough to sustain yourself, however it is a good place to get into for an entry level position and pretty friendly to people with a record or a disability. It's not really a place to stay at for life but a very good place to put in some time and get some experience for your resume.

The Donation Attendant is essentially a stockroom/customer service job. You greet people at the door, help them unload their goods, and give them a receipt for their donations. When not doing that you are processing the donations for sale or shipment. It's a simple job.
Pros
Good company, great starting point, Friendly to people with a record or disability
Cons
Low pay, limited hours
Fun and chill place to work
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 6, 2018
It was a really good experience. There were plenty of times where I can remember that they gave their employees free lunches on the first Saturday of every month.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Decent job
Door attendant (Former Employee) –  Houghton, MIAugust 5, 2018
Goodwill is not the place you want to work for as in job security.. they will terminate you for no reason. Management os alright.. some better than other... no 401k in line of work.. discounts for shopling is the only pro. No bonuses no pay raises.
Pros
Discount shopping
Cons
No 401k
Some what of a good place
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZAugust 4, 2018
Goodwill is a great place to work at they are very flexible with your hours and days off. They help to make sure your okay and comfortable with what you have. There is also a lot of drama with the employees and arguments with them as well. A lot of slow workers that slack on the job
bad management
Donations Attendant (Current Employee) –  Honore, FLAugust 3, 2018
I have worked for goodwill for 7 years the first four I enjoyed but now its terrible, stupid rules, constant change policy, cuting corners to save money(they got rid of night cleaners,house pick ups, drivers and electric automatic doors) goodwill seems to only care about making money and don't care if they stretch out their work force and put more stress on them just to make more money. worst of all is the head managers they have. who thought it was a good idea to have people who think its ok to belittle and talk down on their workers was a good idea? because of them I am the only donar greeter left we normally have 3 but the constant abuse and over working us with out giving any help has led 8 people to quit on me and I am about to o the same the only thing that keeps me from quitting is that I have to pay child support.
Pros
workable vacations
Cons
managment abuse, stressful work inviroment
Fun place
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2018
Good job for someone who wants to do something for a good cause. Also, great job to meet people from the community. Everyone you meet is in great spirits.
They hire people from all walks of life!
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 2, 2018
When you work at Goodwill, you get the opportunity to work with people from many backgrounds and walks of life!

You work as a team and provide others with satisfactory service!
Pros
Collaborative, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal
Cons
Minimum wage
Its a great place to work
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
Its a good place to work if you don't mind never having a set scheduled. the most enjoyable part of working there is the diversity of the employees they hire. you get to meet a lot of good people.
Day at work
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJuly 31, 2018
I don't know what this is don't understand work is fair good days go smoothly nice people I work with are is good too in the donation station u stay busy all day
Very fun and interesting can be stressful at times, but always usually a great work environment
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJuly 31, 2018
Working at Goodwill Industries was a different experience, management was a little bit different than I expected, but was still doable and had a very great time working there.
Goodwill
Door Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 27, 2018
Great opportunity .. Good place to work .well organized and most always a team effort. Always a opportunity to meet new people and
And a good place to deliver great customer service
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not enough pay
Professionals at work
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 23, 2018
Good people to work with flexible with your work schedule I loved how we had all holidays off The pay was good. I liked the management where I worked.
Productive fun workplace
ADC donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Meet new people everyday very interactive. Fast paced work environment. Raise every six months including health benefits. Keeps you moving and seeing new items coming in everyday
Alright
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 12, 2018
People Are Alright Hours Are Good Customer Are Alright Manager Are Alright Money Is Okay I Worked There For 3 And Half Years And Then Came Back It Was Okay
Pros
Hours
Cons
Drama
Productive, at times fast paced work place with a solid team culture
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
Working at Goodwill was an overall enjoyable experience for me. The management team was great in just about every way and the team as a whole was strong. Everyone knew their roles and performed them well. During busy times of the year things could get a bit stuffy but we always made it work. Everyday I received a 30 minute lunch break and depending on how many hours I worked an additional two 15 minute breaks. I would recommend Goodwill to anyone who enjoys working with the public and meeting lots of new interesting people.
Goodwill
Collection Attendant/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work for a teenager who is starting to get out on their own. I had a great time working here, my supervisor is was understanding and very helpful.
I was too old for this job because of the heavy lifting. I was hurt and that's why I left.
DOCK ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 10, 2018
This organization helps lots of different areas of my community..I enjoyed talking with the customers dropping off items. I worked hard and lost weight. I liked the ladies I worked with.It was a comfortable place to work. My manager was awesome.
Pros
Good place to work lots of customer service skills learned
Cons
I have none
Bad managment
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJuly 9, 2018
You never knew what days you were going to scheduled or what hours you were going to work. There really not much more to say anout working for the hoodwill.
same as other retail stores
donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Goodwill is what you would expect from a second hand store. But the one I worked at actually had some pretty nice things that were donated. Some managers were ok while others were lazy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss