Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Processor

Found 523 reviews matching the search See all 14,509 reviews
The management is terrible.
Rancho Cordova - Clerk Processor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 7, 2018
This is a fun job, and I enjoyed my Co-workers, but the management team and the expectations will kill your spirit and make it a very unpleasant place to work. The management is very hypocritical and their methods of getting things done are highly unethical. The quotas they have in order are unreasonable. You over-work yourself on a daily basis and it is never acknowledged nor is it appreciated. There is no team work when it comes to Goodwill, and I don’t want to be a part of that.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, benefits, low pay
Not a very good workplace
Clothing Processor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDDecember 6, 2018
They are a very very strict company with no leeway. They create alot of gossip and drama. People treat you with absolutely no respect at all. There are many examples that i could name. They hire convicts who are still in jail. The air quality is bad. Also they get onto you for being sick
Pros
Good break schedules
Cons
Very bad judgement on hires
great!!
Processor (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNDecember 5, 2018
it was so much fun here. i love the antique stuff they get in. and i love getting to meet the customers. i am a antique fanatic so this was perfect for me!! i miss everyone there and i really miss the job!!
Ok job
Clerk processor (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CANovember 30, 2018
Ok job.. different people that I met over the years, friends be came as my family. Good people. Customers became family as well. Just needs to pay employees more.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 30, 2018
It loved working there. It was fun. I would go back there to work again if I could. It's right by house across the street. Walking distance. I basically went to work did my hours and went home
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Customer service
Retail is retail
Textile Processor (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 29, 2018
As most retail areas, the job is mainly based on goals. They didn't really care if you were sick or had issues at home. Most of my supervisors were fantastic, but my boss made it clear it was work before education and family, which was not at all how it should have been. The most enjoyable times would have to be the routine for me. Everything had a routine and at a quick pace which I personally enjoyed.
It was a very productive& fun work place
Processor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 26, 2018
I like the job just was not enough pay for the work , fun environment love working with the customers , nice donations, good health care benefits, manager is very professional
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Health care
Fast paced workplace
Production Processor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 7, 2018
The workplace could Improve wages and advancement opportunities. Provide more benefits. Give employees more responsibility and challenges to improve their skills.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Career advancement
okay
Processor (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHNovember 6, 2018
fellow co-workers were my favorite part. the job itself is monotonous and mundane, however there are many opportunies the company offers and I like that it is non profit.
Cons
repetetive work
a very good starter job for teenagers and students
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNNovember 5, 2018
This is a very good place for a teenager or student. For someones first job this is the place to be! I think that this is a good way to get work experience. Managers and Co-workers are very patient with mistakes. But if you're looking for a long term career here I don't recommend this place. Very limited full-time positions and they are the only ones that get benefits. Pay is also pretty low compared to competitors.
Pros
Patient co-workers, good place to start
Cons
Limited full-time positions, minimal pay
Good Beginner r Job
Processor (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 5, 2018
Working with Goodwill is a great job if you are just starting out in the job field. Not easy at all to move up in the company endless you know the right people. Its a steady job if you are fresh out of high school or a college freshmen but if you are trying to support yourself on just good will its hard. If you start off at part-time its hard to go full-time. The managers are fun but do take their job seriously.
Productive and fun
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cordelia, CANovember 2, 2018
It was ok most of the time learned a lot this is a good job start for first timers how to color coordinate and how to multitask trained me how to use a gaylord and sort the books Electronics sort the shoes
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Best Second Chance
Warehouse Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Goodwill is a good stepping stone and provides you the second chance you need in order to move forward. No other company provided me this when I lost my job and when I needed it the most.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
Hard work that few wants to do.
Work place environment
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 2, 2018
The work pace is very fast for production processors. The discounts at Goodwill are reasonable. When Goodwill is busy sometimes the workload may seem stressful but it is obtainable.
Pros
Discounts
Not the best choice.
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2018
I worked at a Goodwill in southwestern Pennsylvania for a little over a year as a production processor (pricing items and clothing). It honestly was a bad job - I didn't get paid a lot ($8/hr) and they wanted you to basically work your back off for near minimum wage. I had to meet a specific quota and if I didn't, I would be "spoken to" and possibly written up. While I was there it was only 80% of the quota but when I left it was 100%, which is insane. The work is absolutely not worth $8/hr. My hours would be cut constantly - I was part time and when I left, I was getting 8 hours a week. There is no guarantee that you'll get all of your hours. There is no room for advancement, and they took their employee reviews a bit too seriously. Some managers had an attitude and were too strict, some were laid back and easy to talk to.

This isn't a long term job, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, management can be difficult, no guaranteed hours, a lot of work for low pay
long hours with good employees but poor manangers
Processor (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 29, 2018
you work long hours processing is hard with dead lines and qutoes and not much time to get them.managers are strict and typically unfair.The will find ways to not give you vaction time at any oppurtunity.
Co workers were cool,customers were a challenge
Industries, Processor (Former Employee) –  Curry Ford Rd Orlando FloridaOctober 28, 2018
I worked for Goodwill 3 times,first two didn't have to deal with customers great. As a Processor I did and didn't like it. Male customers weren't bad,but female customers were a pain to make long story short. Always wanted their way,no understanding whatsoever on their part,give you hard time if you didn't understand what they wanted or took out the wrong things they need to get up off their butts so I know. If you stand up to them want to report you over nonsense caused by them. Lifting and moving heavy furniture to the store or their vehicle was a pain. Co workers not always there to help or I'd have co worker who couldn't help me lift frustrating. I do NOT miss Curry Ford Road as a Processor.
Pros
Two days I was off, co workers most were cool
Cons
Customers female ones in particular
The worst
Processor (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 27, 2018
You are not allowed to go over 27 hours. EVER. You will be yelled at. Andover will treat you like a second rate person. They only want money. It's their only concern. This is the worst "non-profit" to work for. Yet they trash 95% of the items they get. I have seen it go from the donation door straight to the trash multiple times. They expect you to overprice yardsale leftovers and get bent if you have too many $1.99 and under items. The management steals and when called on it blames the workers. The worker in the back are great, friendly and sociable. But, if management walks back there and you are talking, even when still doing your job, you will get yelled at to shut up and work. This place is the worst.

100/10 on the greed chart

If you value your time, self worth, and self esteem, do not work there.
Pros
The hourly workers
Cons
Everything else
Nice manager, but working conditions were poor, also coworkers weren’t the best quality
Clothes Processor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32404October 26, 2018
Each store varies, but mine had bugs everywhere, i couldn’t breath from all the dust, some donations were unbearable, the break room was a disaster with bugs old food trash, etc., also you’re not allowed to shop at the store you work at.
Pros
discounts towards other stores, high hiring rate
Cons
poor work conditions usually, can’t shop at own store
Not a good place to work
Processor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 24, 2018
This is not the place for anyone who has real world bills. No raise has been given in the four years I have been there. They bring in new people who make more than the ones who have been there for 3 + years. The turnover rate is high and they work yo like you work for a high paying factory. The benefits are good but you will need government assistance whether you have children or not. Your basic needs cannot be meet working here.
benefits
Cons
managenment, pay, and everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K
43.9K
33.4K
21.3K
11.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodwill Industries.

Powered by Comparably