Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Processor

Found 490 reviews matching the search See all 13,929 reviews
Retail experience gained, ability to gain knowledge and oversee companies book section. Management was less sympathetic to employees needs.
Clerk Processor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2018
Changes in hours randomly. Management was critical of employees on a daily basic, working employees with minimal training. Work-place culture was diverse. The hardest part of the job was constant change in productivity requirements and management people skills.
Pros
Engaging with customers, providing great customer service. Enjoy working with a diverse
Cons
No health care, no retirement plan
You have to know quality.
Clerk Processor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 16, 2018
Working for goodwill, you have to know quality that is how the store gets its customers. Customer service plays a huge role in the store, you love seeing your regular customers come in everyday.
Goodwill not good
Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2018
I was promise fulltime hours. I had to process 500 items day management horrible I would go in just got sent home many times I wouldn't ever work there again
Pros
Cons
Mangers
Encouraging workplace of which to be a part.
Processor (Current Employee) –  Union City, TNSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoy the mission of this company and participating in an enterprise that is making the world a better place and positively influencing the sustainability of our resources. Goodwill inspires me to consider the importance of performance, work ethics, and integrity through their mission.
Pros
Steady paced.
Cons
Sometimes the environment is dirty.
Productive, fun workplace that makes a difference
Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 10, 2018
Working in the backroom, you're working the entire shift. You get to sort through merchandise and choose what can be sold based on expectations. You get to choose the price of merchandise, based on brand and quality.
Working on the sales floor, you're putting away merchandise, merchandising the items, and helping customers.
Management is extremely flexible, doesn't treat you as "replaceable", and works on the line or floor with you when needed.
Place to entertain yourself
Processor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Place for a low-pay menial role where things are constantly changing and you receive no respect. It's a waste of time where I could be getting a better job.
Pros
Many
Cons
Many
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Goodwill is a nice place to work if you like to interact with customers. They work with you on your sechudle and if you need help with transportation they can provide it for you.
Pros
Transportation discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful and very hard work...lifting, bending, twisting, etc. for the pay you get. Expected to know everything on your first day!
Processor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
No communication whatsoever...upper management, each person, tells you different than last one. Totally stressful and overwhelming. Manager doesn't appreciate your hard work and nit-picks!!!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, pay, management, communication, expect heavy lifting by yourself!
Amazing employees bad environment
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 4, 2018
My time working at GoodWill I made a lot of good friends. All the employees were so friendly and welcoming. The store manager was the complete opposite she was very uncaring.
Pros
Long breaks, great employees
Cons
Careless boss, horrible pay
good
hardgood processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 4, 2018
Work was steady at a ok pace. I went Monday-Friday had weekends off. My own works station which I could decorate a hour lunch break and paid time off.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
no benifits
Good place to get back on your feet
Processor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 3, 2018
It is a nice company to work for but lack of communication with managers is an issue. So is too much communication. My store is not known for keeping employees for very long.
This is not a good place to be employed! Too many Chiefs not enough Indians. A major lack have commitment, direction, and general respect runs deep!
Clerk Processor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 31, 2018
I thought at first Goodwill would be a good job. As I started to settle in I realized otherwise. A very inefficient and disrespectful place to be. There are Maybe three people in all I've met working at Goodwill that I think was honest with me. I strongly advise for whoever reads this to look for employment elsewhere! No joke seriously! Not a good place for advancement. If you have any plans on climbing the ladder think again. Take it from me it is really better to look elsewhere for work!
Pros
Minimal
Cons
Excessive
Not horrible
Cashier/Textiles Processor (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 31, 2018
Good college job, did not have enough hours. Some unprofessional managers. Worked there over a year and when they changed their minimum wage, My pay didn't change at all, so I was making as much as someone just starting.
Stressful
Processor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 30, 2018
I was always stressed, managers were always unhappy it seemed and never were happy with the work you got done. Gossip there was awful and co-workers dating.
Processed hard lines
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 29, 2018
Processed hard lines and checked them for quality then priced them to go out on the floor. Drove forklift and helped train new employees in as needed. Also help on soft lines process clothes if needed.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
management and pay
i good place to work at
Cashier/Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2018
its a great place to work and i would recommend it to other people seeking employment. its like a job that you could learn and easily keep because the staff was great.
benefits
Cons
Hard working and fun people
processor (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 20, 2018
Try and meet our goals each day. management is helpful most of the time sometimes they change what we do in processing without telling us till we do it one way or no exploitation as to why or say the other mangers are wrong in how they taught us. Hardest part is getting our goal done when we don't have the materials or people each day. Coworkers are fun to talk to and make it more enjoyable to be there
Pros
full time, better pay
Cons
changes in production, lack of employees
Working at Goodwill Industries taught me how to cope with working in a fast paced work environment.
EHOB Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2018
Our daily routine included processing different materials ranging from preparation of EHOB medical mats to sorting and distinguishing differences in raw materials being used in several competing industries.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Compensation
A typical day at work
Book Processor (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MOAugust 12, 2018
You had to watch your footing when you walked around in the store. You would have to constantly stay on your toes or be yelled at if you don't move fast enough. It really isn't a great place for people to work if they have disabilities.
Excellent
Processor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 9, 2018
Goodwill is a excellent place to work. I would recommend anyone to work here. They offer good benefits. The employees are amazing as well.they offer discounts for all employees the benefits are amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss