Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Processor

Productive and vending machines
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2017
the employees were good people, easy to get along with & understanding when going thru hard times, the most enjoyable part of the job were the breaks.
Great place
Processor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLDecember 14, 2017
Everyday is typical
Always something different
The management team is fantastic
Workplace culture is great
The hardest part of the job is the shoppers cussing you out
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people
Good place to work in the beginning, after time not worth it
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Central NC areaDecember 12, 2017
They claim to offer benifits but that is only for full time employees. They are not flexible as far as working other jobs along with theirs. Their only concern is MONEY! For a company that claims to want to help people they have hard time helping employees who want to better themselves ( people that go to college) they intentionally schedule people on the day they have classes. Not to mention I've seen 20 employees leave or resign in two years. The rules change almost every month managers sit in the office all day and only come out to bother you and take breaks when they do come out. If they offer you a chance to move up you better do it even if it is out your way or it will take a regular employee for years to reach 10/hr. Even for the jobs that are the hardest like donation attendant...and you would think that the individual that brings in all the free stuff in would be some of the most important people in the company. ..nope. Not enough people to help with loading and unloading heavy items...corporate employees enjoy there weekends but a company that was established with Christian principals makes there regular employees work Sunday's and are too greedy to close. While a for profit business like Chic fil a at least some of them are closed. BOYCOTT GOODWILL INDUSTRIES the rich are getting rich and the poor are getting rundown to the bone!
Pros
Benifits, Pto
Cons
Inconsitency from corporate to retail management, greedy company, lack of pay or promotion
Warehouse Processor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
Everything is pretty much hit or miss with this job. you stick to yourself and do your job. would recommend this job to those who like to stick to themselves and get things done.
fast paced with lots of work to do
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CADecember 3, 2017
Nice and helpful coworkers. The management is always helping. There a plenty of tasks to do and management is always assigning tasks. I have gained a new perspective about thrift stores and how they work.
Pros
convenient working hours
Cons
pays minimum wage
Great Effort
Processor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 2, 2017
This was a great job I didnt have a problem at this job things happen life goes on you can only better self with opportunist. A better way make's a better life!
Pros
Shows progress
Cons
It's not a easy place to work, but a great and fun place to work.
Sales Processor/Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 1, 2017
I enjoy working at Goodwill,the management staff are easy to get along with and treat me well. My main reason to leave Goodwill is I have worked as a cook and chef for years, and have spent alot of time and money to advance my career as a chef. The job I have is extremely fast pace performing multiple tasks at the same time,can be stressful,dirty, and cold or hot depending on weather. The work I do involves interaction with customers and donors on a daily basis, some of which I know by name and/or by face, as well as for them regarding myself. This is the most enjoyable part of my job. I would, and have recommended Goodwill to others looking for a job.The hardest part of the job is the amount of items coming in, and moving over a half ton to a ton of merchandise a day.
Pros
Cons
Move a tremendous amount of merchandise and very heavy lifting. HR can move very slow at times.
retail support
Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2017
worked in retail support, customer service, assisted customers with their purchase, assisted in dressing room attendant, hung clothes in appropriate area.
typical job
Clerk Processor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 30, 2017
it was ok but no career advancement. same thing you do everyday no learning. not enough benefits. management is ok but they have favoritism. place is not a safe work place too much crates ..
Very poor management
Softlines Processor (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYNovember 30, 2017
Pros:
Easy to do
Most of my coworkers were friendly

Cons:
Management treats employees unfairly.
Can't shop there when you are hired on except for the first weekend of the month.
It was becoming a hostile working environment and management didn't do anything to make things better.
Just a stepping stone for better opportunities
Warehouse Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2017
The current job I am with the company is jobs that people don't want to acquire and I don't blame such people. The schedules are all over the place, not two days straight you have weekends, and if you do is just pure luck. Conditions are the harsh ones you can ever encounter. Not saying this job isn't worth applying for but look for something better if you can. I still recommend this job as a stepping stone for those who seek something better in the near future and would recommend the company even with all their flaws.
My job is fast paced.
Inventory Processor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to sit down due to my limited ability to stand and walk.I like working for Goodwill they are good to me. The work is easy . The hardest thing about my job is lifting the books.
Stressful
Processor (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLNovember 6, 2017
Very stressful environment, managers not very professional gossip about staff. A lot of work for little pay. Will be exposed to unsafe work conditions and complaints not taken serious.
Pros
Life insurance
Cons
Managers, work conditions.
Hard work pays off
Lead Processor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 5, 2017
Working at Goodwill was fantastic as I needed a job fast and was granted one even faster. Training was a breeze and working was hard and demanding yet satisfying helpful as you know you are helping those in need.
Poor work place
Processor (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLNovember 1, 2017
Management does not stand with their employees. You do not ever get reviews that compliment your work, just put you down for the work you do. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians!!
Pros
Cons
poor management
Stressful environment
Clerk Processor (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHOctober 29, 2017
Super stressful. Had to reach a certain amount of quota by the end of the day. Between two people the quota still wouldn't have been met. Have to split your quota between the other person.
Hard work but good experience
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 28, 2017
I worked in the warehouse which was very hot and muggy, it is a little aggravating to see the managers sitting in a air conditioned office just talking. You also see many venomous spiders, medical waste, and you find sharp brock glass in the clothes and rat droppings.
Pros
good experience
Cons
hard work, quite hot or cold depending on the season, often see venoumos spiders, medical waste, and sharp glass
Stressfull and Competitive
Product Processor (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJOctober 26, 2017
The management is young and makes things competitive with the other employees. Money is everything for them. The morale and positivity is low for most of the workers who have to deal with quotas.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
quotas pushed, competitive
Great place to work for all age groups, and very fun place to learn amd experience things
Donation Processor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILOctober 25, 2017
I love working at goodwill for the last year the people are great the managers are amazing. They actually care for your personal well being and just great a grey place to be.
Pros
Everyday isnt the same
Cons
Lots of standing
productive
Donation Attendant, Donation processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
This is a great company with a great reson behind it. helping others with a great reason is great. seeing other donation to help others was a great thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.