Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 829 reviews matching the search See all 14,334 reviews
Fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 7, 2018
Goodwill is a fast pace work ..management is awesome to work with employees r nice ....lots of stuff to keep.u busy .. the regulars customers r super nice
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Im not sure
irresponsible unfair management total chaos.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 31, 2018
Good insurance but poor management. Make you work alot while management is taking it easy slacking off and playing around. while there is two people in the front running the store. Unfair treatment and favoritism. Depending on how you are liked by the manager is the way your schedule you get. If you are not liked by management you get the closing schedule and you always close on holidays while the favorite employees are off and enjoying the holidays.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Overworked never get a raise company law, minimum wage and short breaks.
Poor Work Environment
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 29, 2018
Working here was the worst experience I have ever had. It is a consent walking on eggshells with management; if you do not agree with everything 100%, or if you make suggestions or throw out ideas, you get punished for it. People are getting fired and wrote up without any legit reasons, only management doesn't like you. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
no review
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 28, 2018
n/a i really don't have anything nice to say so it is best that i keep my mouth
shut. I want to keep my mind on something positive. very difficult noow
It was a great experience
Retail Sales Associate/ processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 23, 2018
it was pretty great got paid decent just wish i got to stay a little longer in Colorado made some great friends and management worked with you and seemed to care a lot about they're employees
Pros
multiple positions available
Cons
its retail...
Great for a first job!
Store Worker (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 23, 2018
Goodwill is definitely the best place to work for first-timers. I learned that sometimes you may have to do more than what your job title describes. Very important.
Amazing place to work!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 23, 2018
Great people, friendly, understanding, caring people. Great vibes from everyone. Good to customers. Very fair prices. You will meet all type of people. Great opportunities come from working here.
Same work just got repetitive
Store Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 23, 2018
Repetitive work never had a hostile customer it was a good environment general manager for my store was a great guy that gave me a chance too work and worked with my schedule on because of school and my full time job
Decent place for retail position
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 22, 2018
Weekly sales means a lot of retagging. But definite start to get into the retail industry. A lot of customers in the area believe they can haggle prices which makes it sometimes hard to work through the day.
Nice Company but changes needed
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 8, 2018
- Day to day it's a good place to work
- soft skills
Management is so-so
- Customers are rude when it comes to prices (worst part)

- employee recognition
Cons
short lunch breaks
retail associate
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2018
I worked directly with the public--the customers made there purchases and I scanned them, which would create there total--by the computer. They would pay with cash, or credit card. I enjoyed working with the customer and had a great times-laughter, kindness
Pros
seeing my regular customers, enjoying conversation with them, sometimes just be there with a smile made them happy
Cons
sale saturdays were the worst...
Management is poor, coworkers are better.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Windham, MEOctober 3, 2018
A typical day at Goodwill NNE consists of being on the Donation Area for 5+ hours, sometimes being down there alone for 1+ hours alone.
I learned how to communicate with people better and how to get tasks done at a quick pace when needed, I learned how to run a cash register and do cash, credit/debit transactions. I also learned how to use pallet jacks, some manual and a motorized pallet jack along with a pallet stacker and a tilter.
The manager is the reason I am looking for a new job, the assistant manager, supervisors and Sales Associate 3's are fantastic people to work with, however the manager is not.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say is the Donation Area. Cars can line around the building and it can definitely be a challenge to keep everything going smooth.
The most enjoyable part of the Sales Associate position would be coworkers and our customers. Regulars will come in and you get to connect with them, learn about them, and really make a good relationship with customers.
Pros
Assistant Manager, Cashiering
Cons
Short breaks, Manager, Donations, Pay, Hours
good company
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
a good company to work for and this company pay well and i was able to provide for my family the necessary things that was needed, i will recomeded this company to someone.
Goodwill is good for a person who is retired or want a second job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 1, 2018
Goodwill is good to work for as a second job or to earn a little extra income or if you are retired. But I wouldn't make this a main source of income.
Pros
You get discount on clothes
Cons
The pay is low
it was a great starting point for my career
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2018
Working at this job was good work experience. it helped me get on my feet. it was faced paced work enviromment. I recommend it to anybody that is starting off.
Pros
help me get on my feet
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyed working with our employees. Our store did not have a lot of turn over.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72730September 30, 2018
Due to the amount of customers that all stores services and the fast pace of the job rather you are on the floor or in the back doing production( which even our management does) the pay scale should be higher across the board. Also the company should be more receptive/involved when our neighbors suffer fires or economic hardship. For a company that advertises that it helps disabled persons--there is no job at the store level that accommodates persons with disabilities.
Pros
Easy job (mentally) but Very physical
Cons
High standards and not suited to someone suffering from disabilities.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
Strong command of MS Office (MS Word, MS Publisher, and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Wouldn't recommend, stressful and unrewarding
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 26, 2018
I was there for about 2 years, and I worked very hard, the management was great, but as time progressed benefits were cut, and the only ones gained were the ones that the stained mandated were necessary, and even then when I had sick hours to use, they were never recorded.
Pros
Cool stuff to look at
Cons
Work too hard for too little
Overall I enjoy working at Goodwill. I would recommend anyone with entry level experience to apply at Goodwill its a great place to work.
Retail Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Working at Goodwill has allowed me to develop my skills in the area of customer service as well as be able to handle pressure of the day to day work environment. Goodwill prides itself it the developmental process of each of their employees and reward them for their hard work and loyalty.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Love this Job
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2018
If the pay was enough to meet my responsibilities I'd probably stay at Goodwill forever. Love the people that come in, love the atmosphere, love non profit work, love learning, love to help people, love knowing that I'm doing a community service at the same time, love that they work with disabilities.
Cons
not enough salary to sustain life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss