Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 907 reviews matching the search See all 14,509 reviews
Decent workplace environment; Decent supervisors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 6, 2018
GICW was a place that set fairly high expectations on employees. The employees working there were friendly and yet reserved with customers. Supervisors did work with employees as much as supervised them to help them meet the store goals and created a decent work environment.
Goodwill Industries
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 4, 2018
The workplace at Goodwill industries was very professional and fast paced I loved my job even though it was temporary. The managers where very respectful and thoughtful of not only me but my associates as well.
Disrespectful co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 3, 2018
We would put clothes away nonstop I wasn't allowed a break on school nights The management disrespected me because i was younger than them. They would not let me leave at night unless the store was completely clean even though i had homework and my ride was there waiting. One employee asked me out even though he was 10+ years older than me and im a minor, and staff did nothing about it when I reported it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks rude management
kept me on my feet and kept me thinking
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 2, 2018
goodwill industries is a good company. They try to work with and understand the employees. They also understand that employees may have things going on in their personal lives and will do their best to accommodate and work around you.
took advantage of employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, INNovember 28, 2018
Goodwill hires disabled individuals and then messes up their checks at least once every two or three months. Most of them wouldn't notice, and management wouldn't fix it.
Pretty Chill for Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 27, 2018
It was an alright place to work. Though it can be a bit disheartening if you're a person who believes in the "goodwill mission".

Over all very laid back for a retail job, with pretty good benefits if you're full time.
The Most enjoyable part of my job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 21, 2018
I really enjoyed goodwill in yakima. It was always fun with the other co-workers there. I was really hoping to get hired on with everyone there. I was actually a volunteer through a program and always enjoyed being around so many out going and fun people.
Enjoyed my time there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2018
Fun loving people and well managed, would work there anytime. I enjoyed the freedom of merchandising, which that is my filed of expertise. It allowed me to better my craft.
Goodwill was an excellent company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 12, 2018
I loved working for goodwill. I loved their mission and the customers. Working at goodwill inspired me to do more charity work and helped me gain confidence.
Being Positive about the Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 11, 2018
Goodwill wasn’t a too shabby place to work. I liked most of my co-workers and the supervisors were cool when I first started to work there. The first manager I had there was beyond amazing.
Good Stuff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 9, 2018
It is a nice enough place to work, nothing special but not unbearable either. I only spent a summer there, and I pretty much stuck to myself and my direct supervisor.
Not very well organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
Perfect job for high schoolers. Minimum wage pay for over work with no recognition or chance of advancement. Impossible to make a living working full time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Clock out for breaks, management never in agreement
good company to work for,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2018
flexible schedules, clean and nice work environment. get along well with co workers. Donations are much appreciated. Management i vey flexible when it comes to scheduling
Pros
20% off shopping
Cons
short breaks
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WI 54902November 5, 2018
I worked at Goodwill NCW for approximately seven months. The pay was excellent, and they had amazing benefits. Unfortunately the job wasn't a good fir for me, and I am no longer there. I would recommend applying at Goodwill NCW for anyone who is looking for a part or full time job.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 2, 2018
Love working at goodwill, I would recommend people to work there, great co workers, and management. Helping customers with merchandise, displays in store where great.
Outstanding work places
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alamo, TXOctober 30, 2018
One afternoon there was an older lady walking in and as usual I greet as she walks in " Hi, Welcome to Goodwill ". So the lady went about looking around the store observing. After a while she walks up to the counter to purchase her items and tells me "young lady, make sure you give my discount please ". So I turn and ask her for an id, yet even though we think they might have the age for the discount we always have to ask. At goodwill the age for a senior discount is 60 the lady was only 55 at the time so I wasn't able to give her a discount that day she stared getting mad at me so I explain the most reasonable way that she didn't have the age for the discount that was required. But the most important of all is that always explain everything to your customers no matter what I have learned that the hard way.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
really none
Meh
Goodwill Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLOctober 28, 2018
It's like drinking warm lemonade, it's definitely not the best but it get the job done. You have to be ready to dig through donations that are mostly trash items and to deal with rude donors and customers though.
A good job for one to understand how to work hard and learn a lot about yourself
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 27, 2018
Working for Goodwill industries is not a hard job, it requires that you be on time, work hard and have a teflon exterior. People do not understand how the stores work or the way they franchise the company.
It gives you a good feeling most days and frustrates you others.
Pros
Good people to work with, discount and health care they provide
Cons
Lack of communication between management and employee
Productive and a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 26, 2018
It is a nice place to work for and have good benefits for full-time employees. The hardest part was not falling behind in production and sales for the store.
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 24, 2018
i still order pizza for my old coworkers at the goodwill that place saved my life i will always be thankful for Dee Philips and the staff at the goodwill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss