Goodwill Industries Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 3,113 reviews matching the search See all 14,344 reviews
provid and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKNovember 12, 2018
love it was best job i had i would recommend this job to anyone very nice clean place well keep up great customers and workers fun job very easy going job
Pros
had free lunches and pizza party and drinks
Cons
short lunches and cant smoke on breaks had to be off property to smoke
Customer service
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 11, 2018
i learned how to work with the public and also how to work a register and count money, Also how to mulitask better and also pay more attention to detail.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not there anymore
low pay and no raises
Warehouse Custodian/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 11, 2018
at good will it was low pay and no raises.
a typical day at work
management
work culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun and friendly
Human Resource Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 9, 2018
Fun and friendly place to work. Management cared about employees, busy during season so hours were always good. Pay was good and great environment to work
Productive and Fast Paced but Poor Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WINovember 9, 2018
The Store Manager was not a team player or dependable. Habitually hired incompetent staff members. As the Assistant Store Manager a lot of responsibility ended up falling on my shoulders without recognition.
Pros
Decent Pay, Benefits Provided
Cons
Lack of Communication and Consistency from Store Manager
Fast paced workplace
Production Processor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 7, 2018
The workplace could Improve wages and advancement opportunities. Provide more benefits. Give employees more responsibility and challenges to improve their skills.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Career advancement
Not very well organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
Perfect job for high schoolers. Minimum wage pay for over work with no recognition or chance of advancement. Impossible to make a living working full time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Clock out for breaks, management never in agreement
a very good starter job for teenagers and students
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNNovember 5, 2018
This is a very good place for a teenager or student. For someones first job this is the place to be! I think that this is a good way to get work experience. Managers and Co-workers are very patient with mistakes. But if you're looking for a long term career here I don't recommend this place. Very limited full-time positions and they are the only ones that get benefits. Pay is also pretty low compared to competitors.
Pros
Patient co-workers, good place to start
Cons
Limited full-time positions, minimal pay
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WI 54902November 5, 2018
I worked at Goodwill NCW for approximately seven months. The pay was excellent, and they had amazing benefits. Unfortunately the job wasn't a good fir for me, and I am no longer there. I would recommend applying at Goodwill NCW for anyone who is looking for a part or full time job.
Not Great
Donation Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 5, 2018
The people are mostly great, it’s the actual job that is sub par. The stores are ALWAYS understaffed so there is never enough people to get everything done. That means everyone is in constant overdrive just trying to keep up. The pay is basically minimum wage with ZERO allowed overtime. Hours are not flexible, and the work is unforgiving. The friendly co workers can make it ok, but all it takes is the one person with a bad attitude to make your 8 hour shift completely miserable. All the managers I knew were very nice however and never had a problem with them. Another thing to note is that the customers are more obtrusive than the average store. There are a lot of homeless people and thieves that come in and try to steal/give you a hard time because we are a non profit organization.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Nonfelxible hours, no overtime, hard labor, overly difficult customers
Hard work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2018
Not enough pay for the Kabir you put in and the breaks or benefits weren't good enough for a non profit. I thought they would be more helpful in career advancement, but I was wrong.
Pros
Immediate hire
Cons
Long hours, too much physical labor
Fast paced with good people, poor advancement
Retail Associate/Donor Greeter Goodwill (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GANovember 3, 2018
Great people to work with, but there is a serious lack of advancement opportunities. Getting from part time to full time is almost impossible, and while we make above minimum wage it is still not enough when you take into account the work amount.
Pros
co workers
Cons
advancement
unstable hours
Seasonal Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 3, 2018
Not much work get calls hours before they needed me to work. Lots of experience lots of work just odd hours and short spirts of time. Gained experience in many fields.
Pros
Cons
lack of leadership at job sites
Productive and fun
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cordelia, CANovember 2, 2018
It was ok most of the time learned a lot this is a good job start for first timers how to color coordinate and how to multitask trained me how to use a gaylord and sort the books Electronics sort the shoes
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It was tough some days but overall great environment.
Retail Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORNovember 2, 2018
It would get really busy on weekends and we had to do a lot of things before the end of the day, but the co-workers made it even more enjoyable. All management was really nice too.
Pros
Got 15% discount
Cons
Expected a lot in a short amount of time
Not the best choice.
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2018
I worked at a Goodwill in southwestern Pennsylvania for a little over a year as a production processor (pricing items and clothing). It honestly was a bad job - I didn't get paid a lot ($8/hr) and they wanted you to basically work your back off for near minimum wage. I had to meet a specific quota and if I didn't, I would be "spoken to" and possibly written up. While I was there it was only 80% of the quota but when I left it was 100%, which is insane. The work is absolutely not worth $8/hr. My hours would be cut constantly - I was part time and when I left, I was getting 8 hours a week. There is no guarantee that you'll get all of your hours. There is no room for advancement, and they took their employee reviews a bit too seriously. Some managers had an attitude and were too strict, some were laid back and easy to talk to.

This isn't a long term job, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, management can be difficult, no guaranteed hours, a lot of work for low pay
irresponsible unfair management total chaos.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 31, 2018
Good insurance but poor management. Make you work alot while management is taking it easy slacking off and playing around. while there is two people in the front running the store. Unfair treatment and favoritism. Depending on how you are liked by the manager is the way your schedule you get. If you are not liked by management you get the closing schedule and you always close on holidays while the favorite employees are off and enjoying the holidays.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Overworked never get a raise company law, minimum wage and short breaks.
Goodwill was a good experience
MATERIAL HANDLER/ DOCK WORKER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2018
It was a good working environment everything balanced out. The only thing about this company is you could not use your sick days even if you was under the weather.
The hardest part about the job when the Baler machine would break it requires you to work by hand.
My most enjoyable part of the job was when the hours was there as well as the work.
Pros
benefits, hours, the experience
Cons
not being able to use sick leave days, the point system
Very relaxed atmosphere with good customer service and a great place to shop for deals .
Dock Worker/manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2018
Goodwill for me was a very good learning experience and place for me to develop great work ethic. I’ve been working for this company for over 2 years and I’ve been promoted to manager position my first year of working here. I love the goodwill to be honest 😊
Pros
Good opportunity to earn raises or bump up to manger position. Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Was fun at first but not anymore
eBusiness (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2018
I started off a year ago as a Collectible Lister and the job was fun and relaxing. Now it has shifted towards impossible goals amongst us listers as management expects unreasonable numbers and work. The sudden slow or even stop of product to list has dropped and management doesn't do anything about it now giving more attention to other departments in the warehouse. They move us listers around doing the work for other departments without any extra compensation for it and without notice.
Pros
5 Minutes of extra lunch to clock in or out.
Cons
Lack of communication with supervisors to Employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight