Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 16,078 reviews matching the search See all 16,424 reviews
Excellent
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJune 16, 2019
One of the best jobs I have had, by far. I'm sad to be leaving but it was purely a career choice. The people really made it enjoyable and I'd work there again.
Very nice co_workers
Housekeeper, (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2019
Good place to work, I was employed 11 years.left due to illness. Very good supervisor, manager. Good pay. M-F workweek. Voluntary saturday,weekends.4hours.OT.
goodwill
store associate (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAJune 16, 2019
Every goodwill is different but the store I worked in offers a lot of stress, A lot of times the Night shift workers have to start from where the morning or mid-day left off or didn't finish. You need a lot of patience working in goodwill.
Good Temp ork
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 16, 2019
I as a temp for them, so not much I think I can really say. Typical day is usually having you focused on a couple tasks they ould have you do over the course of a shift. They ill have you focus on more specific tasks depending on hat role you gro comfortable in. Days become routine.

This as also my first consistent job, so I learned essentially ho to handle an actual job. Specifically there I learned ho to make a task procedural as to become more efficient at it.

Job is fairly easy, aside from days ith large orkloads. Time can be constrained there, and I sa several people become stressed due to this fact, but I suppose that's just ho retail orks. Past that, I thrive on routine so that as the particular enjoyment I got from it. Overall, not a bad place.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJune 16, 2019
I love working for goodwill. My almost 2 years working with the company have made me stronger and with more energy everyone is so nice. There's this one manager someone should really try to figure her out she gives people these looks and tells employees when she's stressed out " to get it in there brain to answer the phone" she has twice made me feel uncomfortable to work with her. Im not the only employee that feels like this
Cons
Rude management
Busy workplace with non pressuring work pace.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 16, 2019
Everyday of work consists of keeping all items in sale condition. I've come to find that dealing with a customer looking for an item is just another opportunity to save something.
Be prepared
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 15, 2019
I worked for them for a little more then 6 months and went to Antiqua. I worked for them very hard I did my job and was only given 10 hours per week and only made up th 200 a pay check before taxes after I was payed 140 or less so basically is like free labour but they are a company who takes anyone even if you don't have experience they wont turn you down but be prepared t be payed poorly and don't make this your career its like a starer job to get experience to put on your resume for other companies I will admit I did enjoy my time with them nut I couldn't live off of 140 a pay check at all so I had to find another company
Completely productive and fun workplace
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 15, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Goodwill the people were friendly the customers were so nice and I loved how many hours of work you got and how many things you could do for a customer
Was a good work experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 15, 2019
I like working there for the time. It was really good about my school schedule and if I got to much work the managers would let me finish my work before I can in.
Steady Employment
CDL Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2019
Eight years of loyalty, from me. H R unappreciative. Steady work .Good work schedules. Charity at it's best rotating door, not enough strong employees for work load, while I'm there.
Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, different levels
overall decent
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJune 15, 2019
I volunteered at Goodwill through Texas Workforce. The staff were friendly, and managers were understanding. It is very slow paced. There was a hazardous amount of dust. Some days I would spend the entire day dusting. Overall not a very clean environment.
Decent place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 15, 2019
Goodwill is a decent place to work. It's a good place to learn, while also making some good money in the process. I would recommend working for Goodwill.
Great company to work for
Customer service Rep (Ecommerce) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2019
I really loved my job, I also loved working with the people at Goodwill. Just Do not get sick for more than 3 days, even if you have a Doctor's note, you will be terminated.
I love working here, but job security is an issue at the moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 14, 2019
The company is currently losing money and doing lots of lay offs. But I love working there. It’s just a lot of hard work and some people aren’t cut out for it vs the pay
Pros
Awesome PTO plan and advancement opportunities
Cons
Overworked, low pay rate
good but room for improvement
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 14, 2019
management needs much more coordination, much more employee appreciation needed. also no room for advancement. good flexible work hours, relaxed environment, helps the community
Not a good organization
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 14, 2019
People are not treated well for the work they do. Salaries are low and they are very strict with their dress code. Treated people like they were criminals.
Management no
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 14, 2019
Management fluctuated constantly and so did the rules. Runs on a point system and doesn’t have sympathy for your issues. Dealt with many crazy customers and fired me after I put my two week notice in.
Pros
Some discount and slight independence
Avoid this compnay
Wares Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJune 14, 2019
This company does not practice what they preach. They do not respect their employees and they fire people with no cause or proof. Do not support this corrupt business.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad managers, worse district manager
Fun a lot of people to talk to good management
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJune 14, 2019
It's a good starting job for people in school but it is not a job to stay at for a long time. it would be a better if they offered more hours. A typical day is like more arguing than work.
working in the goodwill warehouse is a repetitve job that requires a lot of energy
Goodwill Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 14, 2019
working in the goodwill warehouse i was usually moving furniture to and from the drop off area of the store, i also helped move products from the back of the store to the store floor for sale. sometimes i was also called to help customer move items to their vehicles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight