Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Not a good job
Donor Greeter (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 15, 2018
My experience at Goodwill Easter Seals was not a good working experience. I was under the impression at my interview that i would getting paid more then my previous job. Then the managers there aren't fair then they are very unprofessional. Then they will also cut your hours because of the store business is going good. I worked in the busiest time of the year and still gotten paid 300 every two weeks.
working a goodwill was great for my first time working
Retail Sales Associate trainee (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 15, 2018
you clock in on time leave on time.i learned time management is very important.it has a family vibe to it.the hardest part was keeping up with the peoples patter.this was my first job i had so i started of pretty slow but no one held that ageist me they just help motive you to keep going and to work harder.
Pros
free gloves for work
Cons
lunch could be longer
ambiente de trabajo normal
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 15, 2018
en este trabajo siempre vas a encontrar algo que hacer, aprendi mas acerca de la atencion al cliente,
Fun
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working there as well as the management team. It was the first job that I worked where I got to practice using sign language and assist others with various disabilities to find employment.
Pros
work environment cool
Cons
An opportunity filled job w/learning of cultures and value to inanimate belongingds
Sorter / Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for Goodwill there I learned my nature of diverse multi-tasking and identifying worthy products regardless of media fashionist's opinions. I also learned skilled traits that I haden't learned anywhere else.
Pros
Learning and cultural/customer service experience (hands on training)
Cons
Often short handed
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Goodwill has an ever changing environment and wonderful staff. The management cares deeply about their staff and it truly shows. Plus great deals on a lot of different things you won't find anywhere else.
On occasion we would have parties
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 15, 2018
We would have parties when we either come in first of sales. And we would also have them if it's someone's birthday, holidays. Some people would bring there own food they make.
Pros
It was fun working there because everyone was nice
You work for your money
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Cashier work
Greet customers
Morning prep: vacuum, dust and restock supplies
Keep designated areas straightened
Help stock if needed
Wrap and box all glassware
Help customers with any questions and hold items
Take care of return items
Two 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch in an eight hour shift
Recover assigned area when not on register
Keep fitting rooms running smooth
Upper management can be rude to floor employees
Scheduled hours can be anytime all seven days of the week
Pros
Discount on purchases
Cons
Management needs work in appreciating their employees
My Experience at Goodwill
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Depending on which location you work, you will have a lot of donations at one time. I would suggest working quickly, and learning how to balance tending to the clothes and sorting out other donations. I heard that it's under new management, so that good! When I was working there at the time, I was told by some of the employees working there that other employees left because the managers had a hard time working the employees.
Pros
Tending to the donations
Cons
Difficult Management
Goodwill was a great place of work. Friendly management and fun co-workers
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2018
I absolutly loved working at Goodwill. I had the best manager who kept us laughing and even helped out with our work load. Other workers were also good to be around. To me they really cared about our team. I would love to go back if i could.
Pros
enjoyable and relaxing job
Cons
the distance to work
Fast- Paced area to work
Processor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 14, 2018
At the beginning it was fun and I was excited to work there. About after a month the GM and Assistant manager of the goodwill wanted what was working best for the store to change.
Pros
30% off merchandise
Cons
Not enough hours
Volunteer work at Goodwill
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 14, 2018
When I volunteered at Goodwill, I felt uncomfortable. I was fine with separating clothing, but when they asked me to wash their employees dishes I was disgusted.
production
Clerical / Sales / Administration (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 14, 2018
Goodwill will help you get a job.got lots if cashier experience very quickly, handled high volume of continuous shoppers. This was like boot camp for cashier's.The customers that did business as retail professionals selling and reselling Goodwill items,we're annoying because of always trying to wheel and deal.Give employees incentives to perform well and Excell at what they do. Give them more opportunity to grow.
Terrible Pay
Processor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 14, 2018
I was paid the minimum wage for the state of Kentucky. It was barely enough to get by on. BARELY. I would have stayed at the job if they were at least willing to give people more hours or make people full time.

There were manager and supervisor positions but they paid barely above what I was making and still had about the same amount of hours.

The facility I worked at was also responsible for processing two other stores' inventory. They kept pushing us to do more and more and more but didn't offer raises, bonuses, or more hours for our accomplishments.

Basically, we broke our backs and they kept adding on more work without any sort of compensation.
Pros
coworkers, more free time outside of work
Cons
terrible pay, hard work with no benefits
A good place to work
Material Processor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 14, 2018
This was a great place for me to work. It is a great place to work if you need help transitioning back into the workplace. There are always things to do to keep the store clean and organized and make sure there is always plenty of new items for customers to shop.
Busy
Stocker/Door Donor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2018
I worked as a door donor and that in detail was when customers dropped off their items I would have to clean the items up and decide if they were sellable
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
Goodwill Of Monocacy Valley
E-commerce (Former Employee) –  400 Church Street, Frederick, MD 21793February 14, 2018
I had worked from the bottom up at Goodwill of Monocacy Valley for 2 years. I started off working over-time right of the bat. I was giving lots of cross training because I asked for it. This company even sent me out for 4 days for additional training at a different Goodwill in Orange County California to learn about Ecommerce. I had worked in 4 out of their 8 store locations and as well as a starting team member in their now ever expanding ecommerce division at Goodwill of Monocay Valley. In the end I wasn't giving the advancement I was told multiple time I would receive by upper management. I saw new faces coming in and taking higher titles/duties I was told I would receive by managers. I left because I desire advancement in title, pay for the hard work and skill I have shown at my job. If you need a job, in-between job, or job training Goodwill is the place to go. There local job center is nice and in fact I am using it right now. :)
Pros
Good starting job, Good inbetween Job, Good training, Competative Pay, Lots of help, good work hours
Cons
Poor communitcation skills, lack of advancement, Lots of promises but no dilievery.
cut throat
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2018
cut throat enviorment no advancement or decent training. Over worked underpaid managers were the worst experience cause they have favorites and love gossip .o
Pros
job
Cons
lack of opprotuniy
Working at Goodwill has it's ups and downs
Clerk Processor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 14, 2018
.A typical day would include me starting one task, just to be called to yet another task, yet again to be called to be cashier all while I was suppose to get my work done.
I love working there, but the money is not enough
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 13, 2018
I love working there, but the money is not enough. I would have stayed if I hadn't found something else, The people I worked with were great...team players!
Pros
The people I worked with were great!
Cons
Short breaks and low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K