Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 13,648 reviews matching the search See all 13,942 reviews
A day at goodwill
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2018
Working at the second largest government building in the country was fun. It was a lot to clean but a friendly work place to be t. I enjoyed the customer.
Pros
free food around chrismast time
Cons
there was a lot of work to do in little time
understaffed
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 18, 2018
I am forced to work almost 30 hours a week on top of full time college student because they wont hire more people and when they do they are high school students that don't have the availability. You are rewarded by hard work by being given more or too much till you get overwhelmed.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
low pay, no advancement, large workload
very comfortable place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2018
made me feel like family & were very welcoming. very good first job for teens starting out to get into a better job. helping your community is a good feeling.
Pros
one weekend a month to shop.? & discounts, sometimes if they are cool they give employees a bigger discount than regulated.
Cons
on your feet all day standing in one place most of your shift, very dirty not recommended for people with frequent & bad allergies.
well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GASeptember 18, 2018
It was fun, the people were nice, They should pay more though. They make you color coordinate all the clothes. You have to make daily announcements, which could help build your voice and confidence.
Interesting place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Goodwill is steadily changing and growing everyday. It is a very flexible place to work. Advancement is easy as long as you put forth the work. Never a dull moment...
Mission and Margin
Vice President - Program Services Division (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley afforded the opportunity to manage with autonomy a 45 program 12 Mill social service agency within a 27 county wide social enterprise operation. Workplace culture was a good balance of business and mission supervising 400+ employees in 4 departments. Most enjoyable was the impact in the communities and people served with the most difficult as always being hard choices when funding streams or program margins become thin.
Pros
Excellent business and creative environment
Cons
Ceiling for advancement reached
Fun environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 18, 2018
pretty neat place if you're trying to get back on your feet and other places won't hire you based on background checks/no experience. Great place to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can get understaffed at times
good place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 18, 2018
it when I want to volunteer I go give back and help others I enjoy helping others., the place is nice and you meet new people everyday. It helps other to succeed in life......
Productive and fun workplace with equal opportunities to all employees.
ADC/ambassador donation center (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2018
Fast paced, productive, very competitive, and fun workplace with all the people you worked everyday. Different types of people not only co workers but as well as customers. Management is fair to all the workers as well as to customers.
Fun work place
Soft goods specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 18, 2018
I was comfortable with my coworkers. I caught on easily to the work task that I was intended to do. I dealt with the public at times when either cleaning on the sales floor or taking donations.
work experience
Material Handler/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 17, 2018
It was an amazing experience especially working with the mangers. I was able to learn a lot from this job. I learned how to decorate front and back end caps with assist from mangers or team leads. There wasn't any thing hard about the job. It was very fun working with my co workers.
Bad management and never promoted within
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COSeptember 17, 2018
The company doesn't hire good managers. They have a horrible turn over and never try to fix it. They also don't know how to train properly and just throw new employees into the work. I had to train even the new supervisors since I've worked at goodwill in another state.
Layed back job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2018
Got to work on my own pace and as long as it was all finished then went and helped our co worker if they needed help went back and checked to see if it was all finished like it was posed to be
Cons
Short breaks
Productive workplace.
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 17, 2018
I worked onsite so I never really knew most of the management. I did like my assignment, was sad that the contract with the school was not renewed. I enjoyed working in a school setting.
Bad place to work
Wearhouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2018
I never got my raise after working after 1 1/2
When my husband died started to mistreat me. I was grieving and and morning of my husband's death. So, I quite. Just for that reason.
Can be pretty stressful
Tm-1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The current management team is always demanding the best out of someone that works there. They even suspended me for a week or so due to seizures from current disabilities.
Pros
Discounted price on merchandise when shopping.
Cons
Short breaks
Fast pace work envirnmont
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Like the people that I worked with. Managers are nice. Did not pay very well and did not get many hours. Close to the house and a lot of options to eat lunch.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
low pay and not many hours
productive and fun workplace to work at
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CASeptember 17, 2018
the most enjoyable is helping the customers when needed and the culture is fun place to work at and i learned how to count money and helping the customer open the fitting rooms and do the money and learinging how to do the cashier
Loved the regular customers
Goodwill Industries (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Loved the customers , I worked with great people and the job was easy yes it did get stressful especially on the weekends on half off days we usually got pizza and on our birthdays we got a cake if I was able to go back I would
Pros
Pizza on sale days, pay, benefits
Cons
AC needs fixed
Very welcoming
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 17, 2018
Been a keyholder for goodwill Industries was great and fast pace corporate needs to give and do more for their employees since they get everything for free

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K
43.7K
33.2K
21.2K
11.3K

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodwill Industries.

Powered by Comparably