Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

21.2K
11.2K
Found 13,352 reviews matching the search See all 13,639 reviews
Mostly good
Processor (Former Employee) –  Kissimme, Orlando, Punta Gorda, and Englewood FLAugust 7, 2018
I worked for Goodwill for about 28 years. Only had one manager that was terrible. The last one that made me quit. Just couldn't take the mental abuse any more.
Pros
Great fellow employees
Cons
Horrible pay.
No good
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, OHAugust 7, 2018
Do not work here these are not good people the pay is awful you will get in trouble for things you did not even do wrong you do not get any benefits and no raises
A positive and productive environment to work for and a great management team
Full time Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIAugust 7, 2018
My experience while working at Goodwill has definitely had its ups and downs. It was fast paced and we all collaborated to make our goals without being too overwhelmed. Over the course of the year working there a lot of people left, so that left management to find new people and train them so we were often understaffed. That left me by myself running the store alone for hours on end. Sometimes I wouldn’t even get my breaks because I just didn’t have the time to take them. Other than the bad customers and lack of communication among my managers, I enjoyed having some leadership opportunities to train some girls up front, but I felt like I should have been paid more. I was doing the managers work while they had other things to do and it didn’t seem fair. Other then that I have enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Paid time off, cheap dental, vision, and healthcare benefits, 20% discount
Cons
stressful work environment, rude customers
Starter job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 7, 2018
Starter job to get back on your feet. its not a job you stay at it doesnt cover your living and extra cost. working there a year and it went downhill.
Low pay
Safety Officer OSHA (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 7, 2018
Good will is a non profit company but yet they tell you in meeting that they make millions every quarter but workers don’t see anything my first raise after 6 months was 0.10$
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Don’t expect any raise
Product and sometimes fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  RivergateAugust 7, 2018
Working at goodwill was fun and I like the people I work with but the pay sucks and goodwill have a point system . They only give you 12 points that suppose to last you the whole year.
Pros
Free lunch on first Saturday
Cons
Getting paid 7.91 hr
fun work place
Case Manager, Various Programs (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 7, 2018
Able to move up and meet new people. able to teach and learn from others. Great place to begin your career. very good 401k plan. Many sites to work at
Pros
able to advance
Cons
Usually works on a yearly basis
Loved People
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 7, 2018
I learned management change affect the work by huge. My typical day at work are casual, until stocks arrive.

Hardest part of the job would be working on haul the stocks.

My enjoyable part of the work are the people who work there. Also the pricing of items.
Pros
Able to focus, fun to work, enjoyment.
Cons
Bad management, freeloader worker.
GoodWill
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 7, 2018
its a good place to work and the mangers pay attention of how will you work. when i was in training, i was a hard work and the manger was paying attention and i'm a fast learner also.
Easy Schedule Unorganized management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2018
Enjoyed my other co-workers but management was hard to deal with. There was always drama, and sometimes promises were just said never really followed through. Some of the other employees took advantage of the managers as well, causing chaos.
Fast paced
Stocker/cashier (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LaAugust 7, 2018
Working at Goodwill, I provided customer service for customers daily. I stocked items as they were brought in and price them as they should be. I checked the customers out when they were ready to be.
A productive work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 7, 2018
A typical day at work, my position as a Sales Associate has given me the opportunity to meet and greet customers into Goodwill. Also being a people person and working as a team.
Management is very structural. There are great opportunities to experience different departments. The hardest part of the job is lots of standing and walking. I enjoyed the co-workers and meeting people and being a great asset to Goodwill,
Pros
Flexible time when needed.
Cons
Repetition group huddle.
Absolutely no organization or communication at all!
Retail Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2018
If you want to beable to survive financially do not work here! The turnover rate is unbelievably high and they are so under staffed in all stores. This Company is a joke.
Pros
Great staff at the stores.
Fun
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 6, 2018
It was an intern through them I got approved for. The goodwill company is full of kind, joyful people. They were so motivated to help out in anyway they could.
Good work
Goodwill (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAAugust 6, 2018
This was an easy job helping customers and helping take items to the customer car if needed I put up clothes and take items to the floor for the loving customers
Fun and chill place to work
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 6, 2018
It was a really good experience. There were plenty of times where I can remember that they gave their employees free lunches on the first Saturday of every month.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Worst job
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 6, 2018
The company does not care about it's employees. They will work you to the bone. Corporate is only looking out for themselves and when your store doesn't have a store manager they will let you suffer.
A Typical Job Day
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  East Earl, PA 17519August 6, 2018
I would take items from bins and put the items on shelves reorganize the shelves so the items would be displayed nicely. There were some objects that had to be handled carefully. I enjoyed learning and helping out the store. It was kind of quiet for a store.
Pros
Nice quiet environment, kind of busy, flexible hours
Cons
can't work overnight
A good place to work if you are hard working'
(1)Donor Specialist, (2) Baler (Current Employee) –  West Marietta, GAAugust 5, 2018
Most shifts start with a meeting of the management and the team members. Donations are usually high and Donor Specialists work hard to cope.
However, management is always ready to listen to personal problems of staff.
Pros
Occasional free lunch.
Cons
Most recruited workers do not stay for long, leaving the remaining with excess work.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2018
Employees are nice and helpful. When all are not being team players, it's very stressful on the next person. Best part is when all team players are doing their part, the warehouse runs smooth, and takes pressure off all. Always asked to help train new employees.
Pros
Hire felons
Cons
No 401k and only part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss