Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly place to work.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 5, 2017
I enjoy working for Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois. I am sad to leave but will carry my knowledge on to my next career. People are friendly and the management truly cares about your well being.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Less pay than other companies in my field.
Room To Advance Is Limited
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2017
High Pressure on making budget and micro managing your part-time employees. Upper management is not very hands on when it comes to training or helping employees to advance.
The overall culture is one of helping your community and those in it who struggle to find employment. Management and above truly believe in the programs the stores help to support.
Pros
If you take the time to learn about the programs GW helps to sponsor, you feel good knowing you are a part of that.
Cons
Pay is low and advancement is tough.
I would not work here again
Store Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVDecember 5, 2017
The managers were not great. Made you pick up co-workers that did not have a car and wrote you up for not getting them their lunch. It was the worst job in the world.
Wonderful Oppertunity
TEO Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2017
This company gave me the experience that I needed and the confidence I required to become the person I want to become. I love Goodwill the company and the people within it.
Close to all the major subway lines.
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
Responsible for the removal of highly confidential information on vital records, examined birth and death certificates, ensured that correspondence matched the numeric order. Management was decent had a wonderful professional or personal relationship with her. the culture and working atmosphere was great. The hardiest part would be when another co-worker would take off. But for the most part everyone got along pretty decently with each other.
Pros
We did get free lunch
Cons
The breaks was kind of too short.
being productive and still having fun on the job as long as work IS BEING DONE
Lead Worker (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed being able to work as a team with co workers and working together as long as work is getting finished properly have a little fun along the way as long as Everything is getting finished in a timely manner.
with Goodwill Its just higher up management dosent have it together at all.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
the GM was very rude ALL THE TIME
Fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHDecember 4, 2017
The job gives you something to do all the time so you're never bored. You're either in the back deciding what goes out into the store, at the register, management, or hanging up the clothes,putting items on shelves,or, cleaning.
Pros
Always had something to do
Cons
Stressful at times
Cons outweigh benefits
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 4, 2017
While pay and benefits are decent the poor management, the last minute schedule changes and rude customers are not worth it. There is a high turnover rate for a reason - too much bs and incompetent managers.
If you need to make a doctors appointment you have to use a vacation day to guarantee you can make it.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Poor management, scheduling
Hard on work ethic
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 4, 2017
Goodwill was a great place to work if you like touching peoples dirty donations. The place always stank, the other employees were awful and the management could've been better.
Supervisor and co workers making fun of clients.
Parent Instructor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 4, 2017
Terrible training, told to read old cases. Sat at my desk for hours reading old cases but that did not teach me how to perform the job. One of my co workers was over heard using the "N' word.
Work is easy but not good pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 4, 2017
The work is very easy and pay is not good .its pretty much the same work every week sorting pricing tuning the register helping with customer service.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
It doesn't pay well
Warehouse Processor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
Everything is pretty much hit or miss with this job. you stick to yourself and do your job. would recommend this job to those who like to stick to themselves and get things done.
Enhancing lives
Case management (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CADecember 4, 2017
Our program was unique in the fact that Goodwill provided education, in addition to job placement skills. Our community is very small and job placement was very difficult. Our staff was wonderful and very helpful when working with the clients.
Pros
You got to develop a close relationship with the clients.
Cons
Management was not supportive of the staff.
Things must be set in place to review employers willingness to work with employees
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 4, 2017
The co-workers were a joy to work with.Yet there is always going to be that one that no likes at any job. Most of the managers knew what they were doing ,yet did not care about the employee's or the customers. It is although a great place to work at. When the flow of things are being focused on keeping things going smoothly.
Pros
lack of management interaction with both employees and customers.
Cons
having regular break times. For those who a set schedule.
ok place to work
Payroll Specialist/Benefits Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeDecember 4, 2017
ok place to work. upper mgmt. needs to listen to their employees. then it can possibly be a great place to work. they recognized employees for their contributions to the company
Goodwill
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYDecember 4, 2017
Was a great full time job until I got hurt on the job they used the FMLA law to let me go after I had surgery. It took forever for them to get paperwork together for me to originally seek doctors care.
Good job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 4, 2017
Good place to work,really enjoyed working with goodwill,would love to return to the company again if possible,v very nice place to be employed with to say the least
Hard place to work
RETAIL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 4, 2017
Always on your back. Certain mangmant let’s it float to their heads sometimes mistreat employees or belittle them. Fast paced especially on the weekends and on Monday since Monday’s were 25% off. My everyday or evening duty were to count the change fund drawer exchange keys with the morning manager to me since I close the store at the end of night. Watch our store sales, also make sure that my closing staff were busy and greeting customers.
fast paced with lots of work to do
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CADecember 3, 2017
Nice and helpful coworkers. The management is always helping. There a plenty of tasks to do and management is always assigning tasks. I have gained a new perspective about thrift stores and how they work.
Pros
convenient working hours
Cons
pays minimum wage
Not a place I liked working at.
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2017
I'm not into the way GoodWill works and I wouldn't suggest other people to stay or work at GoodWill to begin with. Find a job that's more enjoyable and someplace that will help advance you in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.