Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Found 14,055 reviews matching the search See all 14,362 reviews
Good Place to Work
Temporary Assignment as administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working with the Goodwill Staffing Service. Nice people and great goals. They remembered you and helped you achieve your goals. The pay was fair in some cases.
Pros
Over all, it was pretty awesome.
Cons
No support for the employees. No one to back them in cases of unfair workplace incidents.
Repetitive
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2018
Honestly the schedule was set up to where everything had to happen at a certain time setting. Knowing that made it quite relaxing to prepare and prevent.
Pros
Healthcare, Always busy
Cons
Breaks and Hours
Not worth it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 6, 2018
They will tell you anything you wanna hear but never trust it to stick. They have ridiculous expectations for the amount of pay. The turn over rate is hilarious. Management will stab you in the back for a donut and treat you like your a child. Your coworkers will do nothing but talk badly about you. If money is what your looking for it's the place to go cus they will hire anyone, but be prepared to either be fired over a line of bs or quit because you'll hate your everyday life.
Average
ADT Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2018
Goodwill provides employment for most disable participants which motivates them to be positive and productive at their own pace. Management needs to treat staff supervisors with more respect.
Pros
My job position was rewarding
Cons
Employee Frequent Replacement
This was a stressful job with little benefits.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 6, 2018
The environment was stressful with little to no acknowledgement of doing a good job. The company rules and guidelines were never explained. The store manager was rude to her employees.
okay
Processor (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHNovember 6, 2018
fellow co-workers were my favorite part. the job itself is monotonous and mundane, however there are many opportunies the company offers and I like that it is non profit.
Cons
repetetive work
good company to work for,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2018
flexible schedules, clean and nice work environment. get along well with co workers. Donations are much appreciated. Management i vey flexible when it comes to scheduling
Pros
20% off shopping
Cons
short breaks
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, CO 80913November 6, 2018
As I was contracted by Goodwill. I did not work in any of their retail stores. I filed paperwork. I found the atmosphere nice and quiet to let me get my work done. Other Employees great to work with.
Horrible place to work
Production/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
I wouldn't want anyone to work here , the only good thing is that if your into fashion you get first dibs on all the high end vintage items that come through the door before they hit the floor . The checks never come when they say their suppose to
Pros
You can first dibs on things
Cons
under paid and over worked
a very good starter job for teenagers and students
Processor (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNNovember 5, 2018
This is a very good place for a teenager or student. For someones first job this is the place to be! I think that this is a good way to get work experience. Managers and Co-workers are very patient with mistakes. But if you're looking for a long term career here I don't recommend this place. Very limited full-time positions and they are the only ones that get benefits. Pay is also pretty low compared to competitors.
Pros
Patient co-workers, good place to start
Cons
Limited full-time positions, minimal pay
The quicker you worked, the more you got payed.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 5, 2018
I worked mainly in one area. I was the 3rd. highest paid worker in the shop. I was sometimes moved to other areas when the production demands warranted demanded.
Good Beginner r Job
Processor (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 5, 2018
Working with Goodwill is a great job if you are just starting out in the job field. Not easy at all to move up in the company endless you know the right people. Its a steady job if you are fresh out of high school or a college freshmen but if you are trying to support yourself on just good will its hard. If you start off at part-time its hard to go full-time. The managers are fun but do take their job seriously.
Maquinas de snaks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2018
Falta de valorizacion del trabajo y falta de comunicacion
Goodwill mission help those be placed to work in the community.
Senior Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 5, 2018
At the present time working for Goodwill, I had a part time job. Unfortunately I didn't enjoyed the mission like how I intended helping those be placed to jobs and finding work by assisting them with their needs. I was helping but I believe if I currently had one position at Goodwill I would continue working there as of today since 2013. Management had their store well organized which I enjoyed but it came a moment to say good bye to everyone due to over worked at the partime job. I ended up losing both jobs and the hardest part is don't be so greedy bills will remained but a good job is rare sometimes. The most enjoyable is see people shop.
Pros
mission is a successful company that applies the needs for the community.
Cons
I didn't chose the right decision but I have grown.
Worked as a team.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 5, 2018
A typical day at work I would start out vacuuming office carpets. Then cleaning men's and women's bathrooms. Sweeping and mopping hallways dusting in store cleaning windows I learned that goodwill donates slot of things to Africa. Management was fair had to wear dress shirts and khakis. The hardest part was waking up early in the morning to start working hard. The most enjoyable part the work all paid off.
Pros
Bring own lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 5, 2018
Goodwill Industries only gives you one T-Shirt which is what you must wear when working at all times. They charge you for every single shirt at FULL cost, ex: $18.00 per shirt when making $10.00 an hour made no sense to me. This company sales product that is total donated everything is given for free to the local donation sites. Employees are over worked and under paid, they work 7 days a week including every holiday and not on a volunteer basis.
I ran the smallest location and heard of how much and how often the other store managers worked and how hard they had to push to get their quota's met with the incentive being a monthly bonus check which never happen. My store was not even thought about as it again was the smallest yet I still did and instructed my employees to make the daily, weekly and monthly quota's set for the store we exceeded them every month with no incentive expected or received.
You had no place to put your lunch as no refrigerators were allowed in the back of the store, even though employees said they would even buy a small fridge to donate as a place to keep your lunch. You could work a double shift and have no way of keeping your food cold until you were able to take a break.
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WI 54902November 5, 2018
I worked at Goodwill NCW for approximately seven months. The pay was excellent, and they had amazing benefits. Unfortunately the job wasn't a good fir for me, and I am no longer there. I would recommend applying at Goodwill NCW for anyone who is looking for a part or full time job.
Working with the customers is rewarding
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 5, 2018
Average company to work with. Working with the customers is the most rewarding part of the job. Overall the job provides a good working environment.
I was lucky
OUTLET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2018
Goodwill is a nonprofit company who's company goal is to "to provide vocational opportunities with barriers to employment. Unfortunately at some point over the last few years GICW has forgotten what that means. I was fortunate to have good superiors to give me opportunities within the company. I am incapable of making a difference in my current position, and it would take someone in the HR and Operations department to really recognize the issues and be motivated to help make the changes needed to improve the current culture.
Pros
vacation, sick time, job stability
Cons
pay, equipment, conditions
Nice and good teamwork
Collection Attendance/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2018
Every worker well trained before you start work at donation x'press and you always do more assessment questions to updates your experience at work.The managers and supervisors are always addressed issues
Pros
supervisor motivation and problem solving
Cons
addresses issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss