The power of independence. Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut serves people with disabilities, economic disadvantages and other barriers to employment. Our mission is to help people achieve independence and self-sufficiency through job training and other support services. Founded in 1951, we are one of 165 regional Goodwill organizations throughout the US and Canada. With the support of our donors, customers and partners, we make a little goodwill go a long way! Goodwill is a 100% nonprofit organization committed to giving people a “hand up.”
Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut offers a full range of programs for people with disabilities and others facing challenges to gaining employment and community living. All Goodwill services are designed to meet individual needs, with emphasis on the individual achieving their highest level of independence.
Every day, in every part of western and northern Connecticut, Goodwill’s programs help people who—
• require support services in a group living environment.
• wish to work and have the goal of competitive employment within the
• want to discover their employment options and gain job-seeking skills.
• are looking for employment or wish to change their career path.
• wish to participate in the community and seek enhanced social opportunities.
• are young adults seeking assistance with employability options.
• need support services to rebuild their life as a result of a brain injury.
• wish to find a better job opportunity and build a better future for their families.
Everything we do at Goodwill—from sorting donations to job coaching to working in an administrative capacity at our headquarters—is focused on helping people overcome barriers to employment and achieving their highest level of independence. If you have a passion for helping others, consider joining our team. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement and opportunity for advancement.
Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut, is an equal opportunity employer and committed to positive plans and programs that provide employment and advancement opportunities to all, regardless of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry or disability.
Background checks (include but are not limited to education, employment, driving record, criminal, and if applicable the DDS Registry) and drug screening are required for all positions.
Goodwill as a recipient of federal, state and local financial assistance is in compliance with all statutes and regulations of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (including but not limited to Title VI & VII), in all agency programs, employment, services, and activities. – less