Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut Employee Reviews for Residential Specialist

Very unprofessional work environment
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  315 New Park AveMay 27, 2018
I have worked at Goodwill for about 2 years and recently got let go. The upper management is HORRIBLE. They are so unethical and throw all the employees who keep the company running under the bus. Working in the ABI department was enjoyable because of the consumers. But I would always get stuck at work, and the managers would purposely ignore my calls because they knew they had no coverage. If u want a job then cool, but you will be stressed out to the max and stuck at work every week. Not only that but Goodwil does not give raises bonuses or anything, it’s as if they don’t care about their employees. We would usually get a Christmas bonus of ($50), but 2017 there’s was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. No bonus no Christmas cards absolutely no appreciation of their employees and all the hard work we put in.
Pros
Insurance and dependent account
Cons
Unprofessional upper management, unethical
Official response from Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut
July 2, 2018

Goodwill is deeply troubled to hear of your experience. We encourage any employee who believes they have witnessed unethical, illegal, or irresponsible acts to make a report with our 24/7 anonymous hotline. That number is 1-877-888-0002. We at Goodwill care deeply for our employees and our clients, and we take these allegations very seriously.

We strive to maintain a positive work environment, and are truly sorry if we failed your expectations. If you would like to speak to us directly about your time at Goodwill, please contact Human Resources at (203) 368-6511 or email us at info@gwct.org. We always consider feedback from current and exiting employees, and make every effort to investigate and address any concerns.

Needs to pay more
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 9, 2016
I feel that the goodwill can offer a higher pay rate an hour to there employees since they are a very well known company in business.