Goodwin House Employee Reviews

very bad management
Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2019
This place looks nice at the beginning but NO!
They will tell you that you can get a good career and then they will use you and don't let you progress.
Benefits
Cons
Managers, coworkers
na
Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 11, 2019
always productive working environment

ll
Management communication with other supervisors is poor and at times nonexistent
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baileys Crossroads, VAAugust 22, 2019
There seems to be a disconnect between upper management and middle management and supervisors. Resentment trickles down to the actual workers. Many tenured staff have been there too long-burnt out and needing a change which ruins the work culture for new talent that comes to the organization with a fresh and eager to please perspective.
No longer backed by the church
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 20, 2019
Poor excuse of management.Top managers just do what they need and take take take of the seniors.I would never put anybody I loved in GodwinHouse. Stilling from our seniors is bad enough, but being encouraged by Federal Government. SHAME ON AMERICA!
Benefits
Cons
Poor greedy management
Good place.
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 16, 2019
Patient safety is not a priority. This is a church-ran business. God is the rule of the day, not patient safety. Residents pay a lot of money, but don’t get what I feel they paid for. Understaffed most days, but admin finds that acceptable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor patient safety
I love working here
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myer, VA 22211March 14, 2019
I wish l did not have to move far so l can still work at GOODWIN house when l work there everyone was nice my boss was very nice l lean a lot from the Resindent and cow works
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 16, 2018
Good management and great work culture. They provide a strong benefits package. Insurance, a pension plan and paid time-off are among the competitive benefits
A typical day at work
Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 26, 2018
answering phone calls and assisting to residents, learned good communication skills and quick thinking skills. workplace culture is okay, hardest part of the job is the work hours.
Pros
3 dollar employee meals
Cons
parking
poor management, heads in sand, choosing to promote those with no experience just to work them hard
wellness (Current Employee) –  wellnessJuly 27, 2018
Poor leadership, claim to care for employees but just out to get them as cheaply as possible. Leadership has been in power too long and do not know of different ways to do things. They use that power to keep others down and boost themselves up. Leadership making large salaries while they are happy to pay line staff the lowest possible wage they will work for. Management will bend rules for favored employees and ignore or treat others poorly. Advance those with little to no experience. Claim to care about employees but only do things for show. Be careful here.
Pros
some good staff with good values but not at leadership level
Cons
favoritism, abusive labor practices, belittle people, leadership treats many as having little value
server
Waiter/Waitress, Tavern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2018
I started this job when I was still in high school and the hours where flexible and great at first . however, my last year of high school I needed something better.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
employees
Great work environment for Introduction to nursing field
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VAApril 11, 2018
Goodwin House was our clinical site for the Red Cross CNA program. It was a great work environment with an excellent staff that was very willing to teach us students and expose us to the field in an appropriate and professional matter.
Interdisciplinary Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 12, 2018
The residents here are wonderful as are the employees. The benefits are really good. Our CEO is excellent and takes time to spend with employees at all levels.
Good people
Site Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 27, 2018
Goodwin house was a great place to work, the staff was great and work as a team, My boss was always open for Ideas, Overall one of the best places to work. My reason for leaving I was seeking growth.
Pros
$3.00 lunches
Cons
good health care
Great/was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 19, 2018
It is a nice place to work at, it might not be the greatest but I liked it whilst I was there. They had great supervisors, which was very nice, they cared about the well being of the employees, kind of flexible schedule.
Loved this job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 8, 2018
I loved this job and the company. I miss it most days. I loved caring for the residents and also the pace of the job and the moving around was great for me. Some days I really did enjoy working with the same people. But it never left me a boring day.
Fun sometimes but very serious
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Working here you have to be very serious but it kind of sucks because we don't make that much or that many hours. I feel like they could do so much better but they don't
Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 26, 2017
Goodwin House is an excellent place to work, for a parttime person, it is hard to move into a fulltime position unless someone leaves or let go from the company. People do not leave once they receive a full-time job. Work hours are good, and co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Company bonsus, flexibility in hours, great people
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Good working environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 28, 2017
Good place with great coworkers they help you to learn more and more each day so you can be a better employee and coworker . Also they are willing to invest on you for the future.
I like working at Goodwin House the Residents and my co-workers are nice.
Team Leader / Server, Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VANovember 1, 2017
Typically I'd server residents either in a bistro setting or dining room setting. The bistro (where i'm mostly located) is less formal and residents can get things like hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, sandwiches etc. In the dining room it was more fancy residents were more likely to get steaks, baked chicken, salmon etc. For the most part management is okay but the assistant director can sometimes be hard to get along with and in my personal opinion it's super hard to get time off work to spend time with family over the holidays or something along those lines. I really enjoy the residents and my co-workers though they are for the most part really nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners off the daily menu
Cons
No health insurance cause it's only a part time job and no benefits.
Goodwin House is a Five star facility making me very proud to work there.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 22, 2017
Goodwin House is a Five star facility making me very proud to work for this organization. I look forward to working at Goodwin house again if i happens to return to Virginia.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwin House. Our community is ready to answer.