Goodwin House

Goodwin House Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
company change a lot from my first time with them more residents new restaurant but same space for prep and expedite food, not enough dry storage and walk ins and freezer
Pros
staff
Cons
managment
Worked there for over a year. This is a TOP place to work. They do more for their employees than any company I have ever worked for. Great pay, great benefits, staff is friendly and all policies are followed. No complaints.
Pros
Clean, organized, great staff, awesome benefits
Official response from Goodwin House
April 23, 2021
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad and grateful to hear that your experience with Goodwin House was one that inspired you to give us a five-star rating. Thank you for all that you do to care for residents and to create a positive environment for your colleagues. You – and all of our staff – are why Goodwin House is a top workplace!
I want to first say I love this company and I really feel the residents value the employees. On the other hand The Director of the Home Care Departmart brings down the quality of the company. Her leadership is executed by fear and intimidation. SO many of the CNAs/GNAs would enter the office in tears. They are often over worked and when they would express their concerns of just simply being tired and fatigued, MC would spark the fear of them losing their job into them. Even employees that have hours and hours of PTO would not be able to utilize their time off without having to explain to the director what exactly the time was being used for. Even though its called personal time she would deny the request if she didn't deem it reasonable. She would go as far to make her staff cancel or reschedule dr. apps and surgeries.The director would give her staff false promotions and titles like manager but would never truly give them the opportunity to manage. It is all just formalities. Everything and every process is ultra micromanaged by her. She makes you feel as though you're incompetent to fulfill simple task with stone aged procedures.Between the directors condescending remarks & ridicule, constantly being talked down to, finding a fault in everything and never truly valuing her staffs ability to do their job without being micromanaged by her, it made for a TOXIC work environment. She played the staff against each other to the point that the tension in the room would be so tense it became unbearable. She lacks the value of understanding a healthy work and personal life balance. - more...
Pros
3 course lunch for only $2
Cons
The director is condescending, demeaning, and no room for growth
Official response from Goodwin House
January 11, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences in this review. Our goal is for all staff members to have a positive experience, one that encourages growth as well as fosters a healthy work-life balance. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss this with you so we can learn more and gain insights that will help us address the situation. If you are open to speaking with us further, please get in touch with either Human Resources or the Executive Director at Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads.
Clock in, and get ready to prepare your work spot. Depending if you're a cashier or a waiter/server it depends on the customer service. Either you''ll provide water, and take senior citizen's order or just cleaning tables or just charging them correctly.
It is a very nice place to work, good management, and show love and compassion to everyone that work for them.give good bonus to employees, Encourage any employees that wants to go to school.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Nice place company to work for, opportunity for growth. Residents are very nice and respect employees . A flexible place to work. Goodwin house is a family orientated place to work at.
Productive and fun working place with a lot of fun- I really enjoyed my stay at Goodwin- had amazing friends and a great team. My patients were friendly and fun to work with.
Goodwin is roughly 1000 people. Great benefits, little work life balance and slow growth. You love the job you work because you know you are helping people at the end of the day.
There seems to be a disconnect between upper management and middle management and supervisors. Resentment trickles down to the actual workers. Many tenured staff have been there too long-burnt out and needing a change which ruins the work culture for new talent that comes to the organization with a fresh and eager to please perspective.
I wish l did not have to move far so l can still work at GOODWIN house when l work there everyone was nice my boss was very nice l lean a lot from the Resindent and cow works
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
They have Good benift, increase selary ever year discounts for employees lunch,good service and the company clean and looks good the staff are very nice too
Pros
Reduce lunch
I recently worked at Goodwin House Bailey's Crossroads, and I found that nearly everyone I worked with and engaged with truly had a heart for working with the senior population - and I found that most everyone also was very approachable and very pleasant to talk with and work with. The word, "busyness", comes to mind, though, and I think that this cultural mindset (which is systemic - globally) might benefit from being looked into further to see if, instead, focused employee interaction with the intent of consciously creating periods of "inefficient grace" (when is grace ever meant to be 'efficient') - where time spent for empathic listening could be integrated into the work day on a daily basis. Kind of like when the life guard blows the whistle and everyone has to come out of the pool for a 10 minute break. What if something like that were honored each day for the specific purpose of empathic listening - how much more would all staff, at all levels, learn about each other while upholding the corporate values? Counter-cultural in the workforce, yes, but the benefits could be amazing.
Pros
Compassionate and family oriented work culture (balancing work and life concerns)
Was never ignored and passed over as much as in this position. Executives act as if they are so much better then everyone else. They walk by and refuse to notice you, pretending to be too busy. Only interns and favorites advance here. Jobs will be made up for those who are well liked whether they have the skills and experience or not. If you are not in that group forget about being noticed or having any growth here. No opportunity to grow despite company saying they are all about taking care of those who take care of residents. HR will low ball salaries and get you to work for as little as possible. Starting you low so even annual raises never catch up to where you should be. With supervisors here your outside commitments and family comes second to the job.
Pros
great co-workers and residents who care about you
Cons
executives, favoritism
Goodwin House was our clinical site for the Red Cross CNA program. It was a great work environment with an excellent staff that was very willing to teach us students and expose us to the field in an appropriate and professional matter.
is a very good place to work. affordable breakfast and lunch for employee. Goodwin house has good benefit for their employee. the community is very nice including the residents.
The residents here are wonderful as are the employees. The benefits are really good. Our CEO is excellent and takes time to spend with employees at all levels.
Goodwin house was a great place to work, the staff was great and work as a team, My boss was always open for Ideas, Overall one of the best places to work. My reason for leaving I was seeking growth.
Pros
$3.00 lunches
Cons
good health care
Goodwin House is an excellent place to work, for a parttime person, it is hard to move into a fulltime position unless someone leaves or let go from the company. People do not leave once they receive a full-time job. Work hours are good, and co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Company bonsus, flexibility in hours, great people
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Good place with great coworkers they help you to learn more and more each day so you can be a better employee and coworker . Also they are willing to invest on you for the future.
Typically I'd server residents either in a bistro setting or dining room setting. The bistro (where i'm mostly located) is less formal and residents can get things like hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, sandwiches etc. In the dining room it was more fancy residents were more likely to get steaks, baked chicken, salmon etc. For the most part management is okay but the assistant director can sometimes be hard to get along with and in my personal opinion it's super hard to get time off work to spend time with family over the holidays or something along those lines. I really enjoy the residents and my co-workers though they are for the most part really nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners off the daily menu
Cons
No health insurance cause it's only a part time job and no benefits.
Goodwin House is a great place to work, good people, great benefits, and exceptional leadership! As long as you are willing to work hard and are open to learning and being challenged, I highly recommend working here.
  1. Employee Reviews