Goodwin House Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
server
Waiter/Waitress, Tavern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2018
I started this job when I was still in high school and the hours where flexible and great at first . however, my last year of high school I needed something better.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
employees
Great work environment for Introduction to nursing field
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VAApril 11, 2018
Goodwin House was our clinical site for the Red Cross CNA program. It was a great work environment with an excellent staff that was very willing to teach us students and expose us to the field in an appropriate and professional matter.
Interdisciplinary Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 12, 2018
The residents here are wonderful as are the employees. The benefits are really good. Our CEO is excellent and takes time to spend with employees at all levels.
Good people
Site Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 27, 2018
Goodwin house was a great place to work, the staff was great and work as a team, My boss was always open for Ideas, Overall one of the best places to work. My reason for leaving I was seeking growth.
Pros
$3.00 lunches
Cons
good health care
Great/was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 19, 2018
It is a nice place to work at, it might not be the greatest but I liked it whilst I was there. They had great supervisors, which was very nice, they cared about the well being of the employees, kind of flexible schedule.
Loved this job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 8, 2018
I loved this job and the company. I miss it most days. I loved caring for the residents and also the pace of the job and the moving around was great for me. Some days I really did enjoy working with the same people. But it never left me a boring day.
Fun sometimes but very serious
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Working here you have to be very serious but it kind of sucks because we don't make that much or that many hours. I feel like they could do so much better but they don't
Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 26, 2017
Goodwin House is an excellent place to work, for a parttime person, it is hard to move into a fulltime position unless someone leaves or let go from the company. People do not leave once they receive a full-time job. Work hours are good, and co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Company bonsus, flexibility in hours, great people
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Good working environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 28, 2017
Good place with great coworkers they help you to learn more and more each day so you can be a better employee and coworker . Also they are willing to invest on you for the future.
I like working at Goodwin House the Residents and my co-workers are nice.
Team Leader / Server, Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VANovember 1, 2017
Typically I'd server residents either in a bistro setting or dining room setting. The bistro (where i'm mostly located) is less formal and residents can get things like hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, sandwiches etc. In the dining room it was more fancy residents were more likely to get steaks, baked chicken, salmon etc. For the most part management is okay but the assistant director can sometimes be hard to get along with and in my personal opinion it's super hard to get time off work to spend time with family over the holidays or something along those lines. I really enjoy the residents and my co-workers though they are for the most part really nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners off the daily menu
Cons
No health insurance cause it's only a part time job and no benefits.
Goodwin House is a Five star facility making me very proud to work there.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 22, 2017
Goodwin House is a Five star facility making me very proud to work for this organization. I look forward to working at Goodwin house again if i happens to return to Virginia.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
They care about my future.
Dining Services Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 30, 2017
this company has given me many opportunities to expand on many of my skill sets via training/classes/autonomy in my role. very professional and friendly.
Pros
Great environment. advancement. benefits. fair pay. friendly residents.
No fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 29, 2017
• Prepared specialized meals at an assisted living facility serving 400 full-time residents.
• Delivered daily lunch and dinner service focused on entrees with vegetables, fish, poultry, beef, pork.
• Created specialized meals, including sugar free, reduced sodium, gluten free, and low fat options.
I.T. Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 24, 2017
My experience here at Goodwin House has been great, I like the people that I work with. I like the residents. They are always planning something fun for everyone. they have a great work life balance. and they are always learning and growing.
Pros
$3 lunches, low stress, good work life balance
Cons
At least for my department their isn't much room for advancement
Excellent Place to Work
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 16, 2017
Goodwin house is an excellent place to work. The facility is beautiful and clean. The working environment is friendly, almost like a family. Many people have worked there for years. Management is good, everyone is willing to help. The residents are the best part of the job. There are frequent call offs and the usual industry short staffing, the only downside of the job. There is room to grow and advance into other roles within the company. If I moved back to the area, I would go back to work for the company for sure!
Productive and nice place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 22, 2017
Great place to work! Efficient organizational structure, great management. Work as a team to meet the needs of the residents. The only downside is we don't have many interdepartmental activities and events to get to know employees outside of department.
Provides basic nursing care:
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 28, 2017
Preform routine vitals signs, meal trays, leaning my residents and managements staff, strong work ethic and team player, hardest (none), enjoy working;
Incredible Place to work
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 27, 2017
Goodwin House Bailey's Crossroads (GHBC) is a phenomenal place to work. The facility is beautifully appointed and well-maintained. The senior leadership team is innovative, progressive, compassionate and attentive. Everyone is smiling and friendly and it is truly a joy to come to work every day.

As busy as it can get at times, there is never a sense of chaos or disorganization. The staff love the residents and it truly shows in their care and concern.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some pf the workplace culture is ambiguous.
My First Job
Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baileys Crossroads, VAApril 25, 2017
Management was Good. There was a Lady Manager There She Was Older and She Was Very Racist So I Reported Her And She Apologized to me and was also placed on suspension. I loved my team there we were all young and had goals and everybody worked together I would go work there now I swear I would. the residence brightened my heart just as much too1
Managenment is terrible!
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VAApril 22, 2017
Good pay and benefits but I feel like it is not worth it, because the managenment seems nice but they play a lot preferences and also if you made a mistake they will keep yelling at you and reminding you how you don't deserve to work with them when they called you to their office. Also you have to push them a lot to get them to work with your schedule.
Pros
Managenment, schedule
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwin House. Our community is ready to answer.