Play YouTube video button

Goodyear Employee Reviews

United States2,347 reviews
Found 2,347 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Goodyear selected this as a representative review
A place that has fostered my growth and allowed me to provide for myself and my family. Above avg. compensation w/ lost of opportunity for growth and development.
A complete joke. So Political, there was no real work being done. Everyone was afraid of challenging the bureaucracy. Managers at the plant would initially sabotage the overall running of the plant. Good old boys club. Worst manufacturing place I’ve ever seen. Dangerously and completely void of any maintenance of equipment.
it pays the bills, no clear paths of advancement or pay increase, management at district level is very controlling and interferes often at store and employee levels, pay rate as technician is very confusing and managers at store level don't have fully understanding of pay scale or how pay is calculated.
Pros
discounts on tires
Cons
too many
The enviroment and people at this job are amazing. The shop normally runs like clockwork very clean and trustworthy to the end. However the management is sub Par and how they handle disputes is childish to say the least.
Training is terrible. Supervisors stressed and yell a lot, very unprofessional! Never feel like your safe with your job. No one talks or works well together. In my 38 years of working this place is by far the worst.
Pros
The Cafeteria
Cons
Boring. Terrible Management.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The pay good. After you been there for a while you will get a sense of job security. Everybody worry more about politics than doing their job and being productive.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
No job security for first three years
Great place to work with the right leadership. I learned a lot just by paying attention and having a willingness to learn from those around me. Would highly recommend this company.
Is a very good place to work at nice people and people work together on problems. The managers are awesome people to work with and everyone is a problem solver.
I was also in a situation where I was driving 2 and a half hours to work daily. My only negative is that my manager knew of this and I put in for a transition to a closer good year with talking to them prior, expecting him to understand since he knew of the distance I was traveling. He denied the transfer. For survival purposes of me and my vehicle I left the job.
Pros
Concrete, engaging.
Cons
Manger gave 1 day of training without mentoring. Employees helped more.
cultura corporativa, identificación desde el inicio con la corporacion, Posibilidad de ascenso de acuerdo a tu potencialidad y responsabilidad en el cargo desempeñado. Comunicación Fluida. Reconocimiento por desempeño laboral. impulsa la integración de su personal en actividades de esparcimiento.
Work/Life balance does not exist in this company at all. I work weekends while my spouse has weekends off. It’s no wonder that most employees experience divorce.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
4 holidays off only
The upper management and old equipment and people abusing the fmla is doing a lot of damage to this plant. Going on 22 yrs and I feel like I’m going to jail everyday.
Pros
12 hrs shift
Cons
Benefits gets worse and management don’t care anymore
It was a good company. Pretty organized. There is room to move up if you are in a bigger area or want to move. All around good company to work for with good benefits.
A typical day would be getting up in the morning and making sure the waters are all stocked and ready for the customers i learned a lot of useful information about cars
A year before I was laid off, I had finally, after years of trying to progress and get a job that wasn’t physically killing me, gotten a promotion. But being salary, had the least time in that position, out of four people, lost my job. Two of the people were lazy, didn’t do their job, would be unfindable for hours on end, and this was known by MANY other employees. Good work ethic means absolutely NOTHING at Goodyear.
Quality products mean nothing either.
Great place to work. Offers schedule flexibility when needed. Encourages work/life balance as well as diversity and inclusion. Offers career advancement opportunity for many. Goodyear also is very supportive of community outreach efforts and supports many area agencies.
Not a friendly environment to work at. Management has no idea how to treat employees, only concerned with himself. Inventory is completely out of control, there are a lot of parts missing that computer says are on the shelf, but not.
wished I'd never had left. The staff at the corporate office was very helpful and very friendly. I honestly can say that they are one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Excellent benefits and excellent time.
Owner does not respect staff promises large raises and bonuses. Neither ever happen. You will make far more at a supermarket. Do not work here. You should keep looking.
Great group of people to work with, without a doubt these people are a 2nd family to me. Safe place to work and lots of room to grow as a tech or in management if that is the route you would like to take.
I been working here for 3 years, good company, good pay if you put the hours in and benefits are good. After doing this for a while it gets tiring though, the on call process is repetitive and getting out of bed at any time of the night to go change a tire doesn’t really excite me, not really getting paid enough to do the work though. You can make me forklifting at a good warehouse rather than being outside on the road everyday changing tires in any weather
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
Women's ratings

2.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.