Goodyear Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search See all 1,391 reviews
Great company to work for!
General Automotive Technician/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 17, 2018
Working for Goodyear was a great experience. It was a good learning experience, and taught me what I know about the field today. My boss was a good leader, especially starting at the age of 15.
It was a competitive environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 15, 2018
A day at work was full and busy.
We had a staff who were hard workers and wanted to get the job done on time and right.
The management did not micro-manage, but rather trusted middle management and staff to get their work done.
Executive management was easily available if needed to
intervene with decisions.
tire sorter
Sorter Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 15, 2018
good thing about it good pay hard thing about it lifting 30lbs to 60lbs tires every day and its hard work,working 12hrs a day and its also hot place to work
Pros
free gatorate
Cons
30 min break
Fun work envirenment but low pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 14, 2018
Good work environment but very low pay. Top performing people were not recognized and given a chance for advancement and better use of their skills. also not very transparent as a company from the top down.
Call center
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
It's ok for what it is, as long as you do what you need to do you will be fine. You stay focused and continue on, you will receive incentives that will make your experience enjoyable.
An excellent chief in IT
Network Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2018
I was an intern with Goodyear and it was one of the best experiences I had. Allowed to work independently and chief was always available for answering questions. A true supporter for students!
Pros
The chief allowed me to find new ways to complete network duties
Cons
the plant is 1-mile long so it is a very long walk at times
Interesting place to work
PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Logan, OHOctober 4, 2018
I learned a lot while employed there. I advanced from an Accounting Clerk to Property Accountant. I enjoyed working with the Engineering Department.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The plant shut down
Pretty good place to work.
Shop Supervisor/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 3, 2018
This is a pretty good place to work. It at times is hard work but it is a good career company. The work hours are set and done vary much and easy to get along with everyone.
all pain no gain
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
Never has the saying "all pain, no gain" been more accurate. You absolutely work your tail off at this place, and get nowhere. You end up feeling like that guy that kept rolling the rock up the hill, only to have the rock roll back on you. Goodyear is that kind of rock. Management is absolutely atrocious, always has been. No direction, no goals, all fun and games, but no one thinks its funny as illustrated by the incredible amount of turnover at this hopeless place. The only positives I can think of from this place is the benefits are pretty good, they will show some flexibility with working hours, and the pto is pretty fair. Other than that, this place is a three ring circus that is going downhill as fast as that rock rolling down the hill.
Pros
Benefits, pto, flexibility with hours
Cons
No Hope, No Chance only a broken back and a broken spirit
Great place
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 26, 2018
Goodyear had a lot to offer. Not only for myself but my family as well. Would recommend Goodyear to anyone who would consider relocating and have a bright future with a great company
Pros
Food on-site
Cons
Fast pace
Fast paced enviroment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work starts with pass down meetings among all management within the department. After that, we have safety huddles with the associates on the floor. As the day goes on I spend most of my time doing machine checks and helping my associates through any and all issues to meet daily production.
Nice job
Operations technician senior/ Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 19, 2018
No room for our area to advance. Some rotating of shifts. I learned to work with people from all different countries, to advance the product and company
good pay/ benefits, manager was a complete slave driver
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 18, 2018
good pay, great benefits, manager thought it was appropriate to have you work 6am to 9pm and then be on call the rest of the night, if you were not scheduled for on call and no one answered their phone you would get a phone call, i personally was written up for not answering the phone. ( i was not on call and i was not back up) when i brought my concerns to him, he told me to quit b!+$#ing thats how the job is. well i have worked for another company for 3 years prior, and it was run ten times better.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
management
Good employer
Retail Store Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILSeptember 18, 2018
this company offers good job security and mobility laterally. vertical growth is more difficult coming from retail side of the business. If you would like to be out of a retail brick and mortar location it may take longer than you're willing to wait
received my masters certification
Maintenance Mechanic/Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
great management and people to work with, received overtime, good salary, received training and masters certification so had room for advancement here
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
not alot of breaks
wish I could go back
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
climate controlled. good hours. overtime available if you wanted it, work wasn't hard. manager told me it was very, very, very, very, very hard to get written up(his words).
Pros
occasional cookouts, safety program was great.
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2018
Dealing with customers and employees. Motivating employees to work as a team to satisfy customers needs. Promoting sales techniques and ensuring an attractive showroom.
The most difficult was working on driving more traffic into the auto centers.
I enjoyed motivating employees and seeing customers leave are business satisfied and happy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working weekends
Great work environment
Quality products
Positive
great benefits and pay
IPV Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNSeptember 12, 2018
This was a very fast paced and hot place to work but I loved it. Kept you busy so the afternoon went by very quickly. All the guys were very helpful training me and getting me ready for my job
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 11, 2018
During my time at Goodyear I honed in my management skills. In addition I learn a lot about dealing with corporate accounts and their special needs. I considered this one of my favorite jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight