Goodyear Employee Reviews

productive but fun
cable tender twister (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 17, 2018
I worked there for ten years and enjoyed every second I worked there.The job was hot and greasy, but the weekly pay more than made up for it , we got Free Medical and it was fabulous
Pros
free insurance and great pay
Cons
hot and greasy/plant closed
Great Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2018
Management was disappointing. Great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company, however I was very disappointed with Management team and the lack of common sense of the local markets where these stores existed.
Miserable
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 16, 2018
Goodyear, has some structural problems, starting from the top down. Many of the senior managers are only in positions that were given by the good ole boy system. Which is fine if the person put in charge is capable. Third shift Area Managers are pretty much punching bags coming from all business centers. For example; it doesn't matter how hard a 3rd shift manager works to try to correct the mistakes from the prior day, they are still held accountable for everyone else's mistake, often time being berated screamed at yelled at and threatened to be fired or wrote up.

The Union.. The union wouldn't be as detrimental to the success of the company if they would police their own people. I understand people have situations in their life that require time away from work, however don't fight for guys to keep their jobs if they aren't doing what they need to do to keep it in the first place.

I personally fired a guy 3 times in one month and every single time the union and company reinstated said employee and paid him for time lost. Meanwhile, the Area Manager is getting screamed at for not holding these people accountable.
Pros
Good pay great benefits
Cons
Complete disregard for quality of life.
Sparked my interest in HR
Human Resource Generalist Intern (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNAugust 15, 2018
I worked there as an intern in the stock room for the human resource department. It was an opportunity for me to learn the basic necessities of HR and fueled my dream to pursue HR as a career.
Excellent Company
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 15, 2018
Great Company to work for. Excellent work life balance and solid leadership to drive the company into the new future of shared electric autonomous vehicles.
Owners were very good to work for and worked with you when you had questions, suggestions, or needed something
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 11, 2018
Great place to work for. The owners and employees were always there and provided a great environment to work in, benefits were excellent, and was a positive team environment
Pros
great pay, benefits
Productive and fun
Dispatch Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 11, 2018
Enjoyable yet fast paced office environment, very detail oriented.
Excellent experience with communications and customer service while utilizing cutting edge technologies and systems.
Pros
Computer training.
Cons
Not much social interaction with peers. Very disconnected with upper management.
Good solid company
GCTSC Fleet Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 10, 2018
Like many positions that interface with high level customers, there is not a typical day. The management and job culture strives to perform ethical and "do the right thing". These values are paramount to me and ethics are a driving force in my professional and personal life. The hardest part of my job is also one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. The fast paced and quick changing environment is very fulfilling and infuses variety into every workday.
Pros
International and domestic sales interaction, constantly changing environment
Cons
At times unbalance standard of management practices.
archaic
Senior Microsoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 8, 2018
Completely falsely advertised the position worked. Delayed the start dates for contractors twice. Excellent building to work in, and the gym and cafeteria are second to none.
Great Place to work
(Electrician) (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 8, 2018
Goodyear was a great job with Great benefits. Management was easy to work with. Safety was always put first. Sometimes parts were hard to find. Being able to trouble shoot and fix problems in a timely manner.
Pros
Hours worked
Cons
Not any other than having trouble finding parts, some equipment was old so with that in mind I'm sure thats a problem at most places
Good management opportunity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 6, 2018
Goodyear is a fast paced environment in automotive but its seems to have the same problem as every other automotive industry ..no one applies, but if someone were to apply they either fail the background check or drugscreen. in general people are hard to replace
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long hours.
Job securiy and good pay
Tire builder (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 31, 2018
Great peope to work with great benefits overtime if you wanted it on site medical team multiple jobs if you wanted to move to a different department and multiple sifts
Strong Safety culture, Wide variety of tasks to learn
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GAJuly 30, 2018
Large Global company with many nation wide locations. Retreading commercial truck tires or giant off road tires offers a wide range of diverse training opportunities. Manual and automated machinery, cranes, forklifts for handling tires and supplies.
Pros
great benefits, opportunities for advancements
Cons
convoluted hierarchy to corporate
Horrible place to work but don't take my word for it.
Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 30, 2018
Any review can be taken with a grain of salt. I get that, but if I would have known the truth behind Goodyear's retail division... I would have gone elsewhere. Believe me, you are better off collecting unemployment. Do your homework... they don't care about people. This place is a joke with no adult supervision.
Pros
Resignation
Cons
You name it, and it's part of the Goodyear culture.
good start
General Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CA 90706July 30, 2018
good start for college grad for learning about automotive, depending on which location to work, business can be good or bad, management is fair and understandable
Big Company Great Benefits, Retail Environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 27, 2018
Goodyear is a solid Worldwide company. They have excellent benefits but they are medium to low in compensation. The have high sales revenue goals and excellent products and pricing, but they have difficulty maintaining qualified capable help. I had 4 store managers in 3 years. Poor work/life balance few paid holidays, attracts lower quality applicants who have no qualifications or experience and it is difficult to meet sales targets when there is difficulty fielding a crew to complete the services that you sell.

They are stealing people from he deep fryer, and having them watch videos before sending them out to perform service on complicated vehicles.
Pros
Big Company, good benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance, Heavy with regulations, low compensation.
Lot of opportunities for growth
Business Insights Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 26, 2018
Good culture, management could be better. They do a great job of developing students out of college and giving hem real world experience to better prepare them for future roles.
Goodyear Workplace
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJuly 25, 2018
Goodyear was a good first full-time job. Not having any experience in the automotive industry, the whole staff was very helpful in showing me what needed to be done and how you are supposed to get it done as well. Very fast-paced work environment because you are dealing with peoples vehicles as well as their time. Stocking all the tires that would come in off the truck was a mandatory situation.
Production controls maintenance
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2018
Maintenance is only performed when production allows causing a lot of machinery to run until it fails instead of fixing a problem before it gets worse.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Management has priorities mixed up
Bad
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2018
Not a good chance for growth. Not a good job. Long hours, low pay. Some difficult people to work with. Some good people though. Not a career oriented field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodyear.