Goodyear

Found 2,708 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,556 reviews

Goodyear insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Like they say, there is no finish line. ALWAYS improving

Featured review

Goodyear selected this as a representative review
Awesome schedule. Plenty of OT if you want it. Pay is very good, especially compared to the local cost of living. And some of the best benefits you could ask for and then some.

Pros

Work culture, schedule, the people, and the non mundane experience of always learning something new

Cons

contractor wages (when non-Goodyear)

Good pay and no micro managing

It was a good job for the most part. Your on your own, good pay, job security. The work can be stressful at times, lazy coworkers when you did receive help. There is no advancement within this company.

Pros

Good pay, no micro managing

Cons

Workload, no advancement within company, not fulfilling

Hard work and long days

If you don’t like having a life come work for them. Only good thing is you get to work early shifts but then you work 10-12 hours a day so does it really do any good to start early?

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Never get a day off.

Great pay, benefits are not great

The pay is good. The benefits are not good at all. Only one week of vacation, period. No paid holidays. The management has gotten alot better. People are good to work with

I get the freedom i need to get my work done.

I really dont get the respect from my coworkers once I get my area taking care of. I'm ridiculously under paid while new employees make almost as much as I do.

Pros

Come in as early as i want

Cons

Cant take long vacations cuz of other workers

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Extremely fast paced and lack of accountability

This is an extremely fast pace for area managers. There is an overall lack of accountability that has been fostered into the work environment. A significant amount of union personnel are extremely inept at performing their job, and the union protects them from. I have seen individuals routinely get written up, and even fist fights, where nobody was fired. One individual was brought back several months later with back pay after a substantial amount of issues.Pay is good, but overtime is nearly mandatory. Average weekly hours are from 44-72.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Good pay and ok benefits

12 hour shifts are the biggest problem. Just know going in You are just a number you can and will be replaced. While you are skilled labor some managers treat you like your not.

Pros

Pay

Cons

12 hours

Fun place

Definately a good place to learn and grow. They take their time with you and help you understand your job and what it is tou will be doing everyday at work.

Fun place to work not good money

Oil changes tires and alignments don't expect more than that. Only won't make more than minimum companies rules makes it to were you are set up to fail as a technician

Pros

Good manager

Cons

Horriblw pay

Can be fun at times

This is a great company to work for if you’re in sales our an hourly employee. Once you reach a salaried position it will leave you feeling completely drained.

Production

Numbers are all that matter. Hot and dirty work environment. Machines break frequently. Management unsupportive. No room for growth. Pay is ok but not enough for what the expect. Training is typically rushed. Unlimited OT. If you need a job they hire anyone who can pass a hair test.

Pros

Unlimited OT

Cons

Poor training

Don’t waste your time. Very sorry place. Horrible exceptions and unrealistic. Horrible work/life experience. No training or advancement.

Pros

Tires

Cons

Fun workplace, no competitive pay

I've worked for Goodyear for about 3 years. I've always worked in the back, on the vehicles. I really like all the people at my store, days go by fast and are for the most part enjoyable. I've learned a lot about vehicles here from techs above me. My only issue is compensation, as I am payed just above minimum wage even after working for 3 years and advancing through the positions quickly. This is a corporation and there is extreme favoritism in management. It doesn't matter how good you are/how hard you work, it matters how good you are with your manager and his/her managers. I've seen coworkers work for 5+ years and make less money than me. As someone who is taking care of vehicles that carry peoples lives in them, we deserve to get paid competitively for that responsibility.

Pros

Fun workplace, good people, benefits for full-time

Cons

Bad managment, low pay, hard to get a raise

Very secure place to work.

Job security is high as long as you just do your job and do it well. Culture is okay. Machines need to be serviced more often. More reactive than proactive when it comes to the machines. Benefits are okay. But the pay is good considering it's a no degree job.

Pros

Job security

Cons

After your sick days run out you get a write up for calling out

Good year is great but the co workers are the issue

Great place to work excellent health dental and 401K but the staff were not the best , the management at the store could not handle or fix basic issues or even communicate effectively with customer let alone with staff , if you have a child as a leader don’t expect big things and that was the killer of that store !

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Lots of learning to keep with in Goodyear policy standards

Great place to learn if you are starting.

The place is really a good place to work for some time, especially if you are starting your career. You will learn to do a lot of things and also will do a lot of things. However is not a perfect place but it will depend on each individual to decide.

Teamwork. Bad management

For the most part team work was awesome. Poor management is a big letdown. From messing up pay weekly to lying at a deposition for disability really miss coworkers lots I'll probably never see again had a great 12+ years made many friendships

Pros

Great pay and plenty of OT if you're interested

Cons

Poor management and poor work ethic really stands out quick

The company needs rehauling

The company needs a serious overhaul with new management and higher ups. There needs to be a new method of receiving raises and better pay and treatment of workers.

Pros

Semi decent pay for the hazardous work

Cons

Favoritism theft of hours and racism

Great place low pay

Just does not pay enough. It is A good place to work at with these people. It can get busy at times but it will eventually slow down. I like the job just the only thing is pay

Very fast paced and busy shop, everybody got along really well. The pay is good and there’s a lot to learn can you do something different every single day

Training of their policies and procedures almost nonexistent

Day always starts off well, till others show up with attitude.Corporate management assistance almost nonexistent Great satisfaction in helping customers

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

Non supportive corporate management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K
1K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Goodyear.
Powered byComparably

Compare Goodyear with

• Goodyear
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?