Goodyear Employee Reviews

Found 1,255 reviews matching the search See all 1,465 reviews
Typical Corporate Fair
Assistant Store Manager, credit manager, sales (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 16, 2019
It has been way too long a time since working for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co so there are probably a lot of changes by now. However when working there I did not like the quotas assigned
Pros
Some hourly flexibility
Cons
Corporate culture
goodyear
Material Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 16, 2019
it was a pretty good job, long hours & good pay. you would work rotating shifts then have one week off plus pay & unlimted overtime. the employees are friendly
Change is slow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Established company set in its ways but is working toward change. Leaders recognize the need to accommodate remote work and flexible schedules. Company has come a long way in the past 10 years with summer hours, paid FMLA days for major health/life events, and allowing time off to volunteer in the community.
Pros
Great benefit options, healthy lunch options, work out facility
Cons
No on-site child care, open office environment is cold and noisy
Average place to work
GMM (General Maintenance Mechanic) (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 14, 2019
Not much room for advancement, management not cooperative nor responsive to suggestions . The people are great,good benefits,stressful at times ,but tolerable.
good company
docxBanbury/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 13, 2019
excellent company to work for offers decent salary with great benefits.can be fast paced and need ability to work with minimal supervision doesnt offer advancement opportunities
Good Career
Plant EH&S Coordinator - Plant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 11, 2019
As with many companies over a long period of time changes occur. Including the views of the leaders within the company.
I appreciate the opportunities I was given during my career with the company and the skills I have since moved on with.
Goodyear Life
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
The job can be demanding and put some wear and tear on your body. I enjoyed the celebrations that we had. Good people to meet but some management acted like they could care less about you. They just wanted to reach their quota.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Long hours/ night-shift
Fun place to work
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 9, 2019
It’s was a nice place to work the crew was like a family I learned a lot over there I’ll go back if I could get a better salary the discount was nice as well
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Salary
Gdy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 9, 2019
Fun - 9-5 culture fun hours great Culture management enjoyed travel vacation health care travel - fun environment-advancement learn skills culture fun and pleasing hours 9-5
Cut throat.
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Southwest Ranches, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Mechanical hours and jobs constantly given away. That's some people's incentive pay. Had to hustle customers in to side work to compensate for lack of pay. Rules constantly changing and would never be followed or enforced except when convenient for management.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Getting robbed blind for mechanical hours (incentive pay)
interesting and productive work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 8, 2019
i enjoyed working as a lab.tech. it was interesting and i felt i was productive contributing to the development of our products. i learned a great deal about using lab equipment to better solve problems.
Pros
interesting
Cons
could be stressful at times
Good benefits, difficult culture
sales and marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Goodyear was an enjoyable place to work at times, but the culture can be very difficult. At its heart it is still a good ol' boys club. There are very few executive/senior women, lots of mid level women are leaving. We have a strategy that is followed, but leadership is sometimes delusional about our ability to reach it. For all 6 years I will Goodyear we assumed we would grow, while pretty much every year we lost share. The benefits are great though and the people are fantastic.
boring and stable
Process & Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Flat structure means no advancement, but pay is reasonably high. The extremely few upper level engineering positions are held by those who talk the loudest, not the most effective people.
Pros
easy
Cons
no opportunity
completo
Operador grua (Former Employee) –  Maipu, ARJanuary 6, 2019
es un trabajo que ejercita gran variedad de capacidades de gestion y medio ambiente orden y responsabilidad
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 5, 2019
When it was time for work we worked hard strong and breaks are the best thing that has happened with employee affirmation. We take the time to compete and address any way to help one another. It great full to have been a part of such a wonderful crowd.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Good pay and benefits, but job cuts are always looming
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 2, 2019
The people and managers are great. The pay and benefits are great (for that part of Ohio). The culture to remain an employee is aggressive. The company cannot seem to ever make a decent profit and as a result, is always cost cutting and exploring options off-shore. The IT department is mainly support of licensed software such as SAP.
Pros
Attached parking garage, nice employees
Cons
Constant threat of layoffs and cost cutting
Job review
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 29, 2018
Good year is a great company but lacks positional raises in the company limiting your career advancement. The company has set raises and lacks inside promotions within the company.
Pros
Easy work
goodyear
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 29, 2018
It was a great experience to work at Goodyear good people friendly environment always making sure customer are happy wiyh the work we perform for them the experience was good.
Great place to interact with people
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 27, 2018
The day starts with greeting the customer within the first 3 seconds of entering the store. Smiling and introducing yourself to develop a good repro with the customer. I've learned throughout my years in customer service is to treat all people the way you would want others to treat you. It is the best one on one experience that you can give to a customer. Earning trust and the ability to communicate intelligently about the service sold. Workplace culture for very at easy. There are no difficulties created which makes the job flow well. The most enjoyable part about Goodyear are the customers that you meet on a daily basis. Getting to know their needs and you share your ability to build on a conversation to create a trust bond with that person or persons.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks sometimes none
Stressful
Banburry Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 26, 2018
Not the type of place you think it is Very stressful I would not recommend working there Depending on what part of the plant you're working in Could have some effect on your health. I got sick in the banbury so I transferred jobs, you can only disqualify once not twice, so they Terminated me for that. I only missed two days of work. Out of five years to me that's pretty good. Six people in the review board it seems like they are more focused on trying to fire you then to keep you more focused on the negative not the positives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss