Goodyear Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,116 reviews matching the search See all 1,313 reviews
Great Place to Work, Awesome Pay
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 23, 2018
Left this job at a young age, thought I would try to go back to college and didn't think I could do it around the 12 hour rotating shifts. I would love to have this job back. Very relaxed, but productive. Great people, good, steady work. Gym on site, great breaks, awesome pay scale! Would start tomorrow if they would let me!
Pros
Paid Breaks, Gym, Benefits, Work was Interesting
Cons
12 Hour 2-2-3 Schedule, Must start on nights
Very productive
Tread trucker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 23, 2018
Goodyear is a great job with great benefits and pay.its hard and tiring work but you get paid weekly and the checks are worth it ! Plus you work 7days & are off 7days you work 14days out the month
Too political
Operator (Specialist/safety (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 22, 2018
Goodyear is a great place to work for. I worked in the Danville, Va. Plant for roughly 20 years. I can say that I have seen a lot since I was there. I stated that I felt it was political, some would call it the "Good Ol Boy" system. I think if they would just let the employees do their jobs, it will change the entire culture at that plant. Stop the dog and pony shows, and get back to the basics of what made Goodyear Tire & Rubber #1 in the tire industry, for more than 50 years.
Pros
Great wages & benifits
Cons
You shouldn't feel afraid to voice or express your opinion, especially if you are a professional at what you do.
Cash pay is great, everything else? Not so much
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 22, 2018
Everything is so disorganized and inefficient. From SOPs to getting access to actually do your assigned tasks. Meetings are almost always a waste of time but there's plenty of them.

Culture is one that whispers and gossips.

Cash pay is good because they have a hard time attracting/keeping talent. Benefits are average at best. Very outdated flexibility with work from home and vacation days. 3 vacation days are mandated to be used at the end of December when there is a mandatory corporate shutdown.
Pros
Cash comensation
Cons
culture, disorganized nature of biz
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 21, 2018
productive
learned how to make a work sheet for the mechanics
answering phone calls
calling clients
nothing was hard about this job
being able to learn what part of the car and what size they need or what they needed fixed on the car
Great career, you have the freedom to work at your own pace.
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 21, 2018
Great job, you know what you have to do and you can do it at your own pace. The work hours are usually pretty flexible and you get plenty of paid time off. You don’t have a manager or supervisor watching over you, so basically you are your own boss. Great benefits and management is great! You just have to make sure you do your job to the highest standards and you will never have a problem.
Pros
No direct supervision / great pay
Cons
Very very few job advancement opportunities if any.
Good Company Mismanaged at mid level Managment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, MOMay 20, 2018
Min work week 50hrs. Regularly 65+
Forced to work 6 days , company wants 5 days
Training is a priority , good on that part.
Pay is not equal to work required.
at any level unless DM or corporate
Pros
Work with my crew, have mostly control over location
Cons
Pay, Bonues, Travle to work, work life balance, was miss lead to position
Relaxing place to work
automobile mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIMay 18, 2018
Typical work day is like any other work day. I learned a lot. My manager is very easy to get along with. I like working with my coworkers we all have fun but work safely. There is no hardest part of my job it’s very enjoyable. Most enjoyable part is working with my coworkers
Overall great place to work.
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 17, 2018
I enjoy working for Goodyear, however I am looking to chanellenge myself with a new opportunity. The co workers that I have met along the way have become good friends.
Great Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 17, 2018
Great Experience, Fun Environment. Flexible hours. Opportunities for advancement and mentoring fellow coworkers. Travel opportunities available. Sales oriented.
Overworked/underpaid-poor safety
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 15, 2018
Heat exhaustion, underpaid, overworked, poor management, do not pay as told when hired. Safety standards are a concern. Heat exhaustion, workers choosing what part they want to load. Picking days and hours they would like to work.
Pros
It's a job/with now concerning pay
Cons
Not sure I will earn enough wage to pay bills
Workplace in Goodyear
Bead Builder (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 9, 2018
Working in Goodyear is a very hard job between working with dangerous machine and lifting up having chucks and pushing 1200lbs of wire in the machine between 8 to 12 times a night gets very challenging management not to good there. Best part of that job is the pay and the benefits. I learned a lot about safety in the work place and staying to yourself is always good.
Pros
benefits, good pay
Cons
short breaks, poor management
Great Times
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2018
Was a great time when working at Goodyear you will find you smell of rubber when you go home but great experiences while there. Learned a lot of management details
Pros
Great working with peopke
Cons
Good place to work but you have to fight like a dog to get paid what you earn
Plant Sr Capital Improvement Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 8, 2018
Goodyear is a good company to work for don't get me wrong. The management where I have worked was constantly changing and I had to wonder what some of top management in the plant brought to the table (with exception of two plant managers (I have had 6 in in 12 years.) and my boss who I have had for 9 of the 12 years there. He will be leaving within 2 years. Seemed to be a lot of politics at that level with little understanding of the actual process of how to make a tire and the machines that make them. Nice people but... I am in a strange place in the corporation where there isn't a lot of room for movement. I am not sure they are an "if you earn what you make then you will make what you earn company" They pay pretty well but the hoops you have to go through to get a raise so that your salary matches your performance is daunting and exhausting in my case.
Pros
Over all good place to work - good environment (politics and self promoters aside), good people
Cons
Once you are in it is hard to get what you deserve, My advice go in high (and I mean very high in the current job market) initially, negotiate downward.
Keep on rolling
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 7, 2018
Good year is woor brouht me into
The auto world
Glen gigg was like a uncle to me
Taught me a look on looking in to
Live - not just working to work ..
Fast paced
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ocean Pines, MDMay 7, 2018
It had bad pay. Management was very poor, customers were over charged for service and ripped off. Services paid for weren't completed all the time. Just a bad experience over all.
You can never produce enough
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 3, 2018
I worked 60+ hours per week. Always met or exceeded AOP, the next year the target was always 10 to 15 percent more than the previous year. Management did not care about work/ life balance.
very fasted paced work
IN CHARGE OF ALL TIRE SALES (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 3, 2018
Great place to work. they do a very good job at training and retaining current people. looking to move up so i can use my full potential and taking the next step to toward furthering my career
Pros
only had to work a 40 hour week
Good training and advancement
Gmt 2 lead technician (Former Employee) –  WoodVillage oregon 8421May 1, 2018
Left as a GMT 2 work for 11 year at wood village oregon 8421 last manager was the worst . I would not recommend because of the district manager had everybody keyed up all the time
Pros
Hard work low pay
Cons
Good health insurance retirement and employees in the shop
Like the manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MDApril 28, 2018
The job was good and originally asked me to go for management training and I finished it and was waiting for the Manager job but did not happen. And the income become very low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight