Google Employee Reviews

51.4K
Found 1,582 reviews matching the search See all 2,562 reviews
good job
Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
its a good job , very quick paced and has good pay as well. Lots of time off (paid) , also has weekly pay. Located on 14th street so it is very convenient to get to.
Started off fine...
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 21, 2018
Shortly after starting at the company I was moved into a completely new department that had very little direction, structure or planning. This may have been a better match if I had been with the company for a year or two and knew how to navigate the company getter, but it was disastrous for my career at Google. Many many employees love Google for good reasons. My case was exceptional.
Pros
Highly intelligent colleagues, food, brand, etc.
Cons
Lack of direction and focus in some divisions.
Great atmosphere but the contractor life is not good
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 19, 2018
You do not actually work for Google. You work as a subcontractor of a contractor for Google. You get bad pay, bad benefits, and Google definitely lets you know you are not one of them. It can be frustrating but the team is awesome and the people you work with are great.
Pros
Awesome team, free lunch, great atmosphere, Free snacks and drinks
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits, contractors are not treated equally
Easy to hire/easy to fire
Partner Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 19, 2018
I'm sure working at Google as a full-time employee is a great experience (if you enjoy being a cog in the larger machine), but working a temp/contract/vendor role is a darker, unseen side of the business, one with incredibly capable people, but far-from-secure work environment.
Pros
Free lunches, usage of the bus system (for a fee)
Cons
FTE/Contract segregation, job status uneasiness, Usage of the bus system (for a fee)
Great culture
Staffing Channels Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Great, fun place to work. The perks do wear off and does start to have that large corp feel and you are just a number. Can definitely see how some can thrive and others fall by the wayside
Pros
free food.
Cons
no advancement
Contractor
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 18, 2018
As a contractor I worked at Mountain View and also on the YouTube Ads project in San Bruno.

The former was excellent, with an excellent supervisor. The contract was supposed to last one year and went two. Very happy.
I learned much from the other programmers and engineers (both Google employees and fellow contractors). The ergonomics of my desk and chair were excellent. The lighting is a bit harsh and the air quality was terrible on the weekends. I am used to an office and it was really weird sitting across from someone and when you looked up they might be staring back. Just weird!

Now, that was the good one. Following that, I worked in San Bruno on the YouTube Red project. It was extremely annoying and we were treated poorly. At YouTube our supervisor was terrible. I can honestly say she was the worst manager I've ever worked for. Blamed us for her lack of procedure and disorganization. Instead of real coding (and Graphics as promised) we spent our days and sometimes nights trying to modify an often broken and bizarre script-based system. We couldn't even get access to fix the broken parts! Super annoying.

I would work in Mountain View in a heartbeat. San Bruno and YouTube - never again. Stay away if you cherish your mental health.

Finally, a bit of a warning, for older engineers and contractors: expect to be left out of the culture. If you have a thin skin this might bug you. I didn't bother me much though and now and again, at Mountain View, I was often invited to events by my supervisor that really weren't supposed to be for contractors.
  more... Made me feel very welcome. The same can't be said for the San Bruno office.  less
Pros
Free food, intelligent people. Lots of cool stuff to learn and code.
Cons
Contractors must be onsite at all times. That is, no remote work.
stressful but fun
Google Express Driver (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2018
a typical day at Google was stressful but fun I would have to go store to store to pick up the packages after I was done picking them up I would drop them off at the customer's house.
Contract employee
Visual Data Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 13, 2018
40 hour work week, contracted by HCL to work for Google maps. No room for advancement. Job requires focus and attention to detail. Pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Free drinks, nap room.
Cons
No advancement opportunites
love this job
Operations and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Great employee services. they put their employees first, they are very engaging in employee activity. They Re flexible with hours and employee are treated like family rather than just workers
Great place to work as a temp, not great for advancement
Visual Data Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 13, 2018
Enjoyed working here, met good people but no room for advancement. Environment was nice, and the benefits were good for how low-level the job was. Would recommend.
Productive Place to Work
STORE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2018
Good place to work if you are looking for consistent hours and have a flexible schedule. This also a good situation for you if you are diligent and have a quick work pace
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, small workspace
Google
Holders construction (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, ALSeptember 11, 2018
The hardest part of working at google was working out in the sun all day, the only things I like while working there was spreading Gravel , but I enjoy working with other people
Interesting Work Culture
Pres-sales Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
Work culture is focused on the employee but only when the employee is in the same political environment as management. Downtown parking and traffic is difficult.
Pros
Lots of small perks: coffee, breaks, time off when needed
Cons
Parking and traffic downtown Nashville
Career highlight (so far)
Director, Strategic Partnerships (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Work with great people, and learn from the leaders in tech. The workplace culture became the de facto standard for all of Silicon Valley, which in turn has become the model for all of corporate america
Pros
intellectually stimulating
Cons
no General Manager opportunities
Fun workplace
GSX Logistics (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 7, 2018
Probably one of the best jobs I've had so far great upbeat staff and super management for relaxing with no stress. i would highly recommend people to apply to google if they have the chance too
Pros
great work atmosphere
Great company work for
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 6, 2018
I really like working for Google. Great company. People are great. Free food and bus from Santa Cruz leads to a more productive day. The level of engineering expertise is awesome. You can always learn from other engineers
Pros
The people I work with and the level expertise they have.
Cons
Very busy lifestyle
Gis
Sr. GIS Analyst/DBA (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 6, 2018
Great, best company ever!!! Managers were great! I would like to get this job back again! Please Please. Nice place. It is great here. Enough said
Fast paced Work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 5, 2018
Load and Unload trucks. Organize orders set to go out for the day. Place all orders in appropriate waiting areas. Keep work stations clean and organized.
Excellent work environment
Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working With at this company. Very challenging job position but an easy task that no others wouldn’t be able to do. They work well with your schedule. Benefits.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Challenging
time at google.
Receiving/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 2, 2018
Good work enviorment and atmoesphere. lots of perks and possibilites.room for growth. google helps with the commute. Good people to network with and a safe wokplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight