Google Employee Reviews

Found 1,005 reviews matching the search
great team and good managers
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 22, 2017
I was a contractor so my experience was different than employees. but, it was a great gig for me. Team was supportive, manager was great, and the perks awesome! the food alone was enough to make me love working there. I learned a lot, contributed to the team in big ways, and worked with amazing people!
Pros
free food
Cons
commute
A very political place to work.
Territory manager (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 22, 2017
It may sound good working for Google but it is not. Working for Google is more of who you know than what you know. A very political place of employment.
Cons
Very productive and fun work environment.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 22, 2017
From the first day of training, the experience of being there is very euphoric. The training was very fun and interactive with the other trainees and trainer. The first day of work was just how the trainer told us it would be; very fast pace, interactive with other co workers from Google, and laid back as well. Every day was the same but different, either pick customer order, pay for it with with Google credit card, or pack the orders' after they've been paid for. I learned how to keep that process moving fast and steady to where the customers get their orders fast and in one piece. It helped a lot, that that the leads, supervisors, and management from the main office were very kind and always willing to help. The hardest part for me, was the commute to work. I lived in Oakland and the job was in Hayward, which was three cities away. All the together the job was fun nd the people were some of the best of the co workers I've ever had.
Pros
The pay, the people, and the job
Cons
The commute
Cutthroat
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
This was a boiler room of sales reps that were petty and used scripted pitcheds to sell services to the public that were shady at best. I have to type in something to fill the balnk space so this is all i want to say.
Amazing opportunity
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 20, 2017
It was always fun to work there. Smiling faces around, helpful co-workers make your life better. I loved the culture, and learned many new things there.
Very fast paced
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 20, 2017
You need to be on your toes and sharp to work there. There's a lot of smart and competitive people. lots of great lifestyle perks, but expect the hours to be typically longer than most companies.
Exemplory large tech company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Google isn't perfect but it almost certainly comes the closest of any company with dozens of thousands of employees.

A typical day as an Eng. Mgr. is filled with meetings, most of which are actually productive and interesting. The balance is usually spent reading and responding to email or looking through artifacts created by the team you manage.

I've learned how to organize and empower people to be productive and happy engineers. Upper management can often be ignorant of how things are in the trenches but there are excellent tools for bubbling up widespread discontent so it does generally get addressed.

The hardest part of the job tends to be staying abreast of all the change happening across such a gigantic organization, since you never know when something will impact you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the great coworkers, especially over daily free lunch.
Pros
great food, systems & people
Cons
Conway's law
Google Kirkland
QA Engineer (Vendor) (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 18, 2017
I liked to start work early. This was not a problem with my managers. I was a tester for Android Hangouts. We had sufficient equipment to do our jobs and very good supervision. Google's tools are easy to learn and use, for the most part and issues seem to get fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

I enjoyed working with our leads and Manager. They worked extremely hard getting us up to speed on changing features. Google's facilities are first rate! I would be very happy to go back on another Vendor job if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Free meals, drinks, great equipment, excellent work environment
Cons
None come to mind
Vendor working at Google is not fun
Senior TV Partner Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 16, 2017
This review does not accurately represent Google since I am a vendor. I work under Accenture/VACO. As a vendor, you are not a "real" Googler and you are treated like an afterthought and the real Googlers are embarrassed by you.
Pros
Free Food everywhere
Cons
Vendors are considered second class citizens
Perfect Working Place to Interact with Decent People
Advertisement Quality Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Google in New York was a decent working place with full of creative and skillful people. My manager always supported me during the difficult projects. It was great to had a lot of experience in marketing and SEO fields.
Pros
Working with extremely smart and open-minded people
Cons
Short temporary projects duration
Awesome work envrionment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 15, 2017
Work environment is awesome. You get many perks working here. Free meals, gym, snacks, coffee, and etc. Although depending on what program you are in, it can be hard to move up.
Pros
Free meals and gyms
Cons
Depending on what program you are in it may be hard to move up
Google
Network Operation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work at, lots of benefits, free food, gym, massage etc. Employee feel so relaxing to work at Google which is way too good for employee.
productive and fun place to learn
Store-Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
it was a very productive experience for me. i got to interact with a lot of customers and employees on a very professional level. i learned a lot while using electronic devices as well to help assist us in our daily tasks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
really a fantasy Job
Expert (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
working for them was really nice and easy. very peaceful and friendly. Wish there were many more places like this one. As long as you do what your suppose to do as any other place your good! especially at Google
Incredibly smart, talented and amazing people
Program Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 12, 2017
Being a contractor at Google has it's downside for sure. Management views you as disposable, you're not afforded the obvious benefits of full time employees and you can't remain at the company for longer than 2 years. Google is a fast moving machine and I was afforded the opportunity to work on a huge variety of projects with a LOT of autonomy.
Pros
free food, flexible work hours, easy commute and Google buses
Cons
TVCs are not viewed as potential full time employees; they are a dime a dozen and easily replaced
Agency Business Development
US Brand Agency Lead - Publicis (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2017
Typical day of work - admin, emails, client service, team meeting, cross functional team work, best practice sharing, travel to client meetings, quarterly planning
Excellent work culture
Good management team
Excellent perks and benefits
Good cross functional collaboration
Pros
Free food, benefits
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Stressful
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Great perks and benefits. Terrible people management.

I never felt comfortable at Google. Everything you do is logged and closely monitored leaving the management team with the ability to use any negative performance metric against you for your performance review. Google certainly plays favorites.
Pros
Perks and Benefits
Cons
People Management, Playing favorites
Productive Workplace, Often Stressful
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 9, 2017
Management is incredibly flexible with work hours and starting/leaving time. Working from home happens often. Parking and commute can be a pain due to congested roads. Workplace is open environment, so it can get loud. Lots of interesting, challenging problems you're likely to never see anywhere else. Security has the benefit of having the support of upper management tiers, making it less cumbersome to get your work done. Friendly working environment, albeit the job itself can be very, very stressful if you're bad about work/life balance.
Pros
Free Lunches/Breakfasts/Dinners, Baristas, Micro Kitchens, Good Health Insurance
Cons
Accrued Vacation is minimal, stressful work environment
it's probably a great place to work if you are not a contractor.
Build/Release Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
Probably great place to work if you are not a contractor! As a contractor, your access is very restricted. Management style is ok, not mircor management. Communication is relaxed.
Pros
great meals
Cons
limit access as a contractor
Really takes care of their people
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
Had a really good time at Google. One of the biggest perk for working here is there are always fun problems to solve. The amenities are great and the food awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3