Google Employee Reviews

Good to be there
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 21, 2018
Lot of learning as an outsider and let everyone learn new tools to manage the work place. No end to learning and plenty of opportunities for growth in the organization.
Google Adwords Specialist Summary
Perfect Click Marketing - Co-Founder (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2018
Complete Adwords Certified by Google Top SEO staff with over 10 years experience ranking keywords for all types of ON and OFF line businesses.

Proficient in designing Re marketing retargeting ads.
Pros
Get top ranking on all keywords
Cons
click costs are not always lowest
summy
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 21, 2018
working is an interesting place to work at. everyday the company give out free lunch. always enjoying my work day never stressing out. its a great job
Like working with smart people
CONSULTANT - TekMark GLOBAL RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 20, 2018
My team was great. Smart, everyone got along, interested in finding solutions to issues. Hard to get back in to the organization once you hit 24 months, especially if you were remote, but I keep trying.
Pros
People are easy to work with
Cons
Hard to convert from contracting
Contractors are treated terribly.
Apps Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 19, 2018
Contractors are treated unprofessionally and disrespectfully. Contracts cancelled in turf wars between FTE trying to stop teh top perfroming contractors from being converted because that makes competition for the next promotion. Total bs.
Pros
Looks great on a resume when applying for other jobs.
Cons
Either get hired as an FTE or don't waste your time as a contractor.
Google
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
I am very comfortable working for Google.
I have learned many things witch improve my skills and get great experience.
I have great team working with them.
Good team building atmosphere and fun enviroment
Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 19, 2018
Great place to work. Would love to work here again, interested in finding a similar work environment. Team and design of work was excellent and tools used were very helpful for the model of work we provided.
Pros
Very good at work benefits and lunch/snacks/drinks/coffee.
Cons
None.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
Google fiber was a good opportunity to advance my career and transition into a management role in the sales industry. MY contract ended and it will be a 6 month lay over before I am able to apply again
Nice compensation
Digital Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2018
Pay is good. I am able to work from home. Not a very mentally challenging position--the position has become a bit boring. There is no position to move into, so I'm looking for something else.
Rude Tech support and NO Customer Serivce
None yet (Current Employee) –  South America , Central America, PhillipinesJune 14, 2018
It is amazing to me that a multi billion dollar company has zero control over its employees. They are rude, and act like they can treat consumers how ever they want - which is usually like a arrogant immature employee - or a hacker that could care less about others because they have never interacted with others in society - because they are so consumer with being on a computer, hacking, or playing video games. AKA no personality, no class, no soul. This is the world online and tech has grown. I cant imagine what will happen to the world in the years to come - when every employee that works at a tech company can treat consumers without respect.
Pros
Cons
Arrogant, narcissistic, socially inept employees.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
What's beautiful about this approach is that a great environment is a self-reinforcing one: All of these efforts support one another, and together create an organization that is creative, fun, hardworking, and highly productive
Typical day at google
Staff Management (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 12, 2018
You come in just to see that the devices are dead. They cut hours and give the hours to whoever they feel like. The operation is starting to be ran by people who are learning about the background as they go along which causes alot of trial and error. Managers and office team members are extremely rude. The employees dont matter only the leads.
fun place to work
Security Officer & Admin (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 10, 2018
good place to work different events and its always a different day at the job. They provide free food, beverage, dry cleaning. Get to meet a lot of new people.
Great experience!
Google Associate at Vaco (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 9, 2018
I was contracted out through the company Vaco for Google. My job required a lot of travel throughout the state of Idaho. It was the best job I had ever had. I loved the indepency and structure of my position. Would be more than willing to work again through both Vaco and/or Google.
Loved it
Assistant Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
I loved the Job. Very challenging and it was an assessment of the skills that I had. I felt like i was apart of the Google team and i was very interactive with the other workers.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch
good summer job
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
essentially you are a personal shopper located at whatever store the assign you across Brooklyn, queens, and Manhattan. You get orders through a phone they give you and you have to go to the main store floor, find the items, buy the items, bring them back to your station, pack them neatly, and wait for someone to come pick them up. there are 3 intervals of time when someone picks them up so all orders must be ready and organized before those times. culture of workplace depends on store and you have to work with your coworkers and the employees of the actual store (target, PetSmart, Northface, and many more).
Just like they've said over and over again, one of the best place to work regardless of industry
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 6, 2018
A typical work day is very well balanced with coding in solitude, meetings, meals, gym going and other fun stuff.

Google provides you with the best gear money can buy.

They take very good care of you, even in small things like CalTrain pass, onside doctor, massage, shower rooms and all sorts of food/snacks.

Be careful you do not get sucked in and let Google/being a Googler become the entirety of your reality, which can easily happen here and it's not good for your overall wellbeing.

One thing really bad is that it takes so long to release something that by the time your feature is released, you might not even remember what it is. It can get frustrating for some engineers.
Pros
Food, pay, talented coworkers, good managers, on-the-job trainings, the Google pride, all kinds of professional/fun activities
Cons
Release time too long. Bureaucracy. They want a team to be located in the same city, which can frustrate remote workers.
Productive and work life balance
Campaign, Lead Scoring and Analytics Management (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 6, 2018
Productive and Work life balance.

Lot to learn and explore.Open work culture and cool environment.

Only thing projects have influence of people and politics.
Extremely disorganized internally
Data Center Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJune 5, 2018
You can find anything on Google. Google has absolutely no internal organization. Structure and accountability are things not included in Google perks package. You got ping pong tables and climbing walls instead.
Pros
Freedom of projects
Cons
No structure
Great place to work but limited career advancement
Head of Industry (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 4, 2018
lots of great perks like free food, workout facility, great office but limited growth and challenges

satellite offices are tough when headquarters are on the other coast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.4K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

78out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Google.