Google Employee Reviews

Found 1,766 reviews matching the search See all 2,875 reviews
Best company to work for
Senior Oracle Database Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2019
Treats their employee extremely well. Many many perks including 4 lunch cafeterias. Salary and stock options are excellent. Not much hierarchical structure.
positive
Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2019
Google is a great place to work. it has changed obviously in the past 12 years I have been here as it has grown larger. It has lost some of the start up feel.
Review
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work! good work life balance and collabrative culture, you have the opportunity to work with the best talent and Google has amazing benefits and perks.
Nice place to work, terrible management
Maintenance Technician I/ Building Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 19, 2019
Work could have been great, management was terrible. The constant politics, favoritism and advancement opportunities for only the favored employees was unfair and the reason I left.
Fun company free gym access on site food
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CA 94066March 19, 2019
I really wish it wasn't a temporary gig. I would of loved being year round full time. Great experience. Hands on. We got to set S.O.P. and train new employees. Fun and exciting experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Temporary
Amazing place to work, but it often depends on your direct manager
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2019
Google is an incredible company, however your experience is directly related to your particular team/manager/etc. I've found similar feedback on the Blind app and from chatting with hundreds of coworkers.
Pretty good
Program and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 19, 2019
Everyone I work with is willing to help when you when you need it, give you advice, support, and overall super friendly. The company provides you with a ton of resources, benefits, and I have heard many stories of them helping employees beyond what normal companies would do in special circumstances that shows how much they value you. It is a very transparent workplace that offers employees the ability to speak up and voice their opinions
Great company
Google Operations Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
Best I ever worked at. Too bad they have more contract positions than perm positions. If I could have stayed there to work I would of. Everyone there is friendly and it was always a great environment.
Great work life balance
Program Manager, MDS (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2019
If you are looking for work life balance and if you have kids this company is the best. You still get to work on cool projects but with doable deadlines and less stress.
Fun Company To Work For, But...
Google Partners Advisor at Infinity (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 18, 2019
Its a great company to work for but sometimes it can get a little bit too stressful. A lot of times, its because of long approval processes, which hurts our team in terms of time.
Pros
Free Lunches, Fun Co-Workers
Cons
Long Approval Processes, Computer Issues

Want to know more about Google?

Ask a question
Fun and busy
Office Manager/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2019
Stayed busy and creative work space, was a competitive and challenging job I was a rep for marketing on Google for multiple companies and expansion of consumer knowledge for what ever company I worked with on Google ads.
Working at Google Express was Fun while it Lasted
Retail Store Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 18, 2019
Working at Google Express was great in my first year, They had given so many incentives that would simply encourage you to work more to gain that incentives. However, the just is just contractual. They may re-hire you based on your performance. On my second year they promoted me to be the lead, which for me is basically the same as an operator with just added responsibilities. On my second year, they changed the incentive to a mediocre incentive, that ran for four months until they dissolve the incentive.
Was not able to finish my contract since both Google Express and the Merchant decided no longer to operate.
Work is amazing
IT Consultant & Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 12, 2019
Working at my current job is great. I an amazing boss. The atmosphere is great place to work. Their is a lot of season workers that been here for a long time and input is very important to this company.
Great place
Classification Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WIMarch 11, 2019
Google is a great place to work. Although very high demanding, I love the product and how it connects the world. Google was good to it's employees and supportive of healthy living.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
high demand
They worked me to death!
Technical Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2019
I depend on the team that you are on that determines your success there. Management is all over the place. Leadership is never consistent across the board and the messages get lost in translation. High-stress job and when I asked to get paid for my overtime, my manager told me I have to get 4 flags a week in order to get paid extra. (I'm a recruiter) Which is completely illegal. You have to pay your employees no matter what.

I worked from 9am and 7:30pm then went home to work till 11pm at night just to keep up with the workflow that they requested of you. Forget your personal life - you do not have one at Google. They over work you.
Pros
free meals and booze
Cons
Over worked, high stress, no work/life balance
Good company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2019
Working at Google is like winning the lottery. I would recommend that job seekers of all ages take the time to apply for a job with this outstanding company.
Really enjoyed learning pricess and fun place to work for
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 9, 2019
Working for google was a great experience. It helped me excel in my career. Best place to work for, great leadership, amazing development programs and great team work environment
Cons
Too many side projects but it is part of learning
What's there to say?
Senior Staff Interaction Designer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 5, 2019
I learned that a job does not define a person. It took leaving the job to reach that conclusion, but work/life balance issues and the culture did not fit my idea of psychological safety.
n/a

Management: Great

Job Culture: Good
I enjoyed it
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 5, 2019
I enjoyed it for the most part met some amazing people I learned a lot I work there for almost 3 years it was great until they switched management and after that it went down hill
Pros
Great money
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.6K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss