Google

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Google Employee Reviews

Found 1,831 reviews matching the search See all 2,969 reviews
Great Place to work is Google
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 22, 2019
Google is such a great place to work, The people and also management were awesome. Google really knows how to take care of their employees. They have so much to offer.
Productive fun work place
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCMay 22, 2019
I learned a lot of troubleshooting techniques while I was at Google. Management was fair, and some of the people were friendly and sociable. The workplace culture may need some work.
Pros
Free food, video games, flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough hiring within for qualified candidates
Best place ever to work at
Senior Staff Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 21, 2019
Never been more empowered.

Never designed tested and deployed networking equipment so quickly and successfully.

Never worked with more intelligent people.
Pros
Ability to reach your potential.
Cons
Quite a few meetings and yoing managers.
Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 21, 2019
Great Place to work and grow, Culture is to take ownership, risks and get rewarded. The size has slowed down some of the processes but still a lot of opportunity if you can keep up with the velocity and speed.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2019
Great place to work. I wanted to have an opportunity to live in NYC and the only option that was available for me was with UPS. I would have stayed with the company due to the structure and collaborative work environment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
they don't relocate you easily
Supportive environment conducive to learning and growth
Web Applications Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 20, 2019
During my time at Google, I was usually able to get work done with very little to distract me. My host and team were quite helpful throughout my time there and assisted me in whatever way they were able to. The culture is very open and I felt like I could talk to higher level management, even as an intern.
Good Company
PLM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2019
Have a lot of good benefits such as free food, free buses etc.etc.
People are generally friendly and approachable. A lot of onsite benefits as well. There are some cons,
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Shuttle Bus, Fun Campus and freedom to work anywhere on campus
Cons
Average management.
Work Expectation
Sr. Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 18, 2019
Google provided many perks for their employees however the expectation is to work many overtime hours including weekends and holidays. Working at Google was like working on a college campus. Being 40+ years old, I was definitely considered old work there.
Pros
free meals, games, massages, haircuts
Cons
many long hours
TVC job at google
Chrome Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2019
Dont waste your time with TVC jobs at google, great company for full-time workers, a nightmare for contractors. I dont know what else to say until I reach 150 characters.
Great place
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 14, 2019
I recommend Google to anyone who lives or can live near an office. The pay, the stock, the 401K match, the free food, and the beautiful offices are fantastic.
they are ok
Business Recruiting Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 13, 2019
Just to clarify I worked for ttec on the Local Service by Google campaign all I can say is don't work here that are horrible. The commission is horrible, the is no run to advance in the company due to the BPO status, and lead quality is sub-par at best.
My time at Google
Contract - Videographer/Editor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 12, 2019
Everything you heard about working over at Google is true. I was just a contract. I really enjoyed working for the Company. I was living in Oakland, CA and I'd take the Shuttle Bus to work each day.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Shuttle Bus, Fun Campus and freedom to work anywhere on campus
I love the culture, however, not much room for advancement for TVC's
Executive Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 12, 2019
This review is for the other half of Google that works as a TVC (Temporary, Vendor, Contractor). I believe it's important, because that is what more than half the people who work there are, and the ratio of employee to TVC shrinks yearly. I am a vendor, and overall I will say have been treated well, and with kindness and respect. My only real issue is that despite many years working there, it's very hard to be made from a vendor to a permanent employee, and there is little room for advancement. If you are a TVC, you'll have to remember that overall, that is the case. Unless you are excellent at what you do and happen to be at the right place at the right time, you'll probably do best to work there, get a solid reputation and skillset, and then use the Google name to go somewhere else. If you want to come back, you may be made full time once you have more experience under your belt.
Pros
Free food (if you are at the right site), exercise facilities, some events invited to
Cons
Cannot easily advance, company is so large it can stifle acquiring new skills.
Great opportunities to move up and be Promoted
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMay 12, 2019
My time spent at Google was very worth it, very informational and effective. I would definitely work for the company again no hesitation. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working wit my co workers.
Great place
Floor porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2019
Staff suck won't help you get anywhere or ahead will step on you to keep there name good too much backstabbing they have great food great environment
Pros
Good food
Cons
Short break manager suck
Great pay
Google (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 10, 2019
Great pay, lame commute. Contractors are treated like second-class citizens. Creates very awkward working culture. Managers are for the most part highly-skilled. Immense levels of hierarchy. Most people are afraid to have a strong opinion because of "perf," the Google performance review cycle that can take up to one month.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lame commute
After 2 or 3 years almost every project collapses
Electrical Validation Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 10, 2019
Very bad managers. Those on work visa are only interested in getting GC by trampling on other co-workers. No clarity of project goals. Racial nepotism in full swing.
Pros
free food
Cons
no clarity of project goals. Racial nepotism in full swing
Productive and laidback
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 9, 2019
The environment as the title says is a direct correlation to what it's like being an account executive, you had your book of business to maintain every quarter and made sure you hit your pitches and action rate, which was easier said than done, they gave you the qualified training you needed to help assist your clients easier, in return if they understand what they're doing, they spend more which brings more revenue to your company and your pocket. Free food was a great incentive, along with 401K options and pay. There was not a strict work environment as long as you did your daily duties and showed progress.
Fantastic facilities and amazing culture
Operations Assistant (Contract Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2019
10/10
This place is everything you would expect to find with a great company. The culture is amazing and the perks are everywhere. Each day is different!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
commute
Awesome culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 24, 2019
Great team and office. Fair evaluations, free food, outstanding experience, I mean this is Google - all that you want is there unless you want Wall Street elitism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.7K

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight