Google

United States2,619 reviews

Found 2,619 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,136 reviews
perkcontractorfreegooglersprojectgooglercontractfood

Fun places to work at

Great cultural environment and potential for growth and The management had not implemented a specific training program for the job title for new hires

Fun workplace. Very fun to work ilat. Very much fun and proactive. Funny that it's fun to work. Why work is fun is beyond my understanding. But it's very fun.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hour

Google insights

Based on 1,166 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Looks can be deceiving

Perks that are good come at a price. Are they worth it if you can't undo the stress levels long past having left? It suits younger people who have the energy levels to sustain beyond normal

Pros

Perks

Cons

Stress

There are a lot of opportunities to innovate, great community with advancement options depending on your field. Can be stressful and demanding, long hours.

Run!!!! Never work here their turnover rate is horrible

Google the name is great but management is horrible and racist. I don't have much to say. The interview process was horrible, the pay was beyond horrible. If you're a minority keep looking because if you do get on board your pay will be the lowest and the engineers who are racist will make up anything to get you fired.

Wonderful place, great people, poor management

The GCCs were a great place to work before COVID-19 came and they could not bounce back. Now the teachers are over works and INCREDIBLY under paid. Not given any time off to take care of our selves even though they insist on work life balance.

Pros

Free food, benefits, gym, nice people

Cons

Administration, lack of communication, work hours, no flexibility

Everything and more

My experience at working with Google through Adecco staffing has been amazing. Every employee has a voice here and the leads go above and beyond to keep the environment respectful yet fun. This role has definitely bolstered my professional profile!

Free food

Managers pretend to offer support and training but its of poor quality to use as an excuse for your failure to advance and fire you. Coworkers are not as helpful to offer technical support in what we did.

Friendly People

I like the people I work with but the work is quite challenging. Benefits are great. The office is really nice and working remotely is great too! I don't actually work at google.

Good

Work-life balance is great. Flexibility is great. The pay scale is great. The benefits are great. Transparency with the manager is great. Transparency with recruiters while getting hired can be improved.

Good pay

Long hours sometimes plenty of traveling to get to job location unfortunately then you have management come with their picks and chooses no matter how hard you work and how proficient you do the job most of the management that actually go out into the fields or women and for some reason they fear of the women could take their place it seems they only respond well to the men

Nice place to intern

learned a lot as an intern and was compensated fairly. the projects can feel a little Made-Up at times, but this is probably in large part due to being an intern.

Interns are treated well here

Had many great learning opportunities here; I made strong connections with my advisors and felt like my work had an impact. Was provided great direction and the tools needed to perform well. I have reinterviewed with Google many times since then but have not received a full-time offer. Last Google recruiter I worked with was by far the best I’ve encountered in the industry. Professional, polite, uplifting and most importantly extremely engaged in my success during the process.

Welcoming and Friendly

I enjoyed working at Google. Although it was temporary contract work, I was able to see the country and travel which I love to do. The managers were great and always accomadating.

Pros

Day to Day expenses paid for by company

Cons

Temp work/ Contract work

AnaIng

I love the work I do for the google search engine services I love the android platform and I cannot wait to share my experience it is a fun place to be

It was a good job to have in a small community.

My original manager was excellent, he knew what was going on at all times. He left the office and checked on you, he also made every effort to make employees feel appreciated. He had done the job, he knew that it wasn't always pleasant lugging that mail satchel around in rain, sleet, hail or snow.The last manager I had, never left the office. She managed by reading emails from headquarters. I have an excellent work ethic, I don't feel the company I work for owes me anything that I don't earn.The hardest part of the job as a carrier was probably delivering in deep snow, it was very taxing.The most enjoyable part was when it was sunny and 75, no better job to have.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Break

Good culture and place to work

Great culture and place to work for entry level. Never a dull moment. They are a very inclusive company not wanting to leave anyone out. Several programs and fun parties for employees.

Productive and fun place to work.

Productive and fun place to work. People are chill and help when needed. Tasks are exciting and you can learn alot with different tools. Overall it is an above average place to work.

productibe

it was a good workplace. googled many things for google. google has google options and many benifits if you can google well. google with google now it

Chill and relaxed driving work but little pay. (Google Street View)

Worked for Google streetview and was a cool and relaxed experience. You mostly just drive around with the maps they give you. Once you know how to operate the camera and gear, it becomes easy and straight forward. Every now and then someone decides to flip off the camera but most of the time it's just relaxed driving. The only problem is that they only pay you a little above minimum wage and that it's a temporary job.

Pros

Good scenery, paid time off when it rains, relaxed, 30 minute lunch, 2 small breaks, 8am to 4pm, 5 days a week

Cons

Small Wage, long driving

Best place to work

Great work life balance, nice tech stack, amazing work environment and supportive team. Not to mention unmatchable benefits suchs as medical insurance. Everything provided is of great standard and they provide you the best in class accessories for the work.

Pros

Work-life balance, nice perk, extras, health benefits

Cons

Fully remote so didn't get to enjoy the infrastructure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Google with

• Google
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?