Google

United States57 reviews

Found 57 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,373 reviews
perkcontractorfreegooglersprojectgooglercontractfood

The Industry Standard

What else is there to say? Strong compensation. Impressive workforce and constantly solving challenging problems. Oppurtunities for advancemnet, etc. with the company.

It's great working here

A lot of areas of improvement. 1. Ability to move teams within the company encouraging healthy competition between managers for engineers.2. Psychological safety provided by the very less number of firings done.3. Pretty decent salary

Google insights

Based on 1,298 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Good place to work at

Paid time off, including vacation, bereavement, jury duty, sick leave, parental leave, disability, holidays, and global reset/wellbeing days.Hybrid work model — two work from home days each week for most roles.Remote work opportunities available.

Positive workplace

I liked my team working at Google. Nice team. Co-workers were respectful and professional. The project was interesting but I wish I was working there full time.

It's google

Pretty much what you expect from a company this big. Many thjings are easy cause it is a big company, and others are difficult because it is a big compoany

Great work life balance and environment

I really enjoyed my time at Fitbit working as a health coach. The only downside is that there is no benefits and no pay time off because they would hire a lot of employees and contractors are except for management positions. Hopefully this has changed. Otherwise there’s a very flexible schedule and you have control over your day with no micromanagement. I learned a lot during my time here.

Google/Udacity Web Developer Scholar Program

Since this program was essentially a 4-month long internship, management was very open to answering multiple questions and tapping into the curiosity of scholars. Most enjoyable part was the multiple learning outlets through free courses and virtual luncheons.

Nice place to intern

learned a lot as an intern and was compensated fairly. the projects can feel a little Made-Up at times, but this is probably in large part due to being an intern.

Productive and fun place to work.

Productive and fun place to work. People are chill and help when needed. Tasks are exciting and you can learn alot with different tools. Overall it is an above average place to work.

Best place to work

Great work life balance, nice tech stack, amazing work environment and supportive team. Not to mention unmatchable benefits suchs as medical insurance. Everything provided is of great standard and they provide you the best in class accessories for the work.

Pros

Work-life balance, nice perk, extras, health benefits

Cons

Fully remote so didn't get to enjoy the infrastructure

Worked as a contractor software engineer, work time flexibility was great but worker empowerment was low for contractors. Contractors are treated as second-class citizens within Google.

Fun place to work but leaves you feeling paranoid.

Google is one of those dreams everyone hopes to fulfill. It’s great the first year or two. But getting promoted is really a punishment. Yeah you get great benefits and decent pay. But management is hit or miss. You have a 50% chance of getting a toxic boss. And I mean bosses that make you feel like your life should revolve around them. It’s not micromanaged but more like a cult where you get sucked into the culture and feel guilty for ever looking for something better. They have kids and pets and family that you get emotionally invested and it’s hard to pull yourself out of a culture like that. You never know if an award is really an award or a way to manipulate and control you. Like I did this for you and you owe me now. It’s an emotional debt you can never pay. When you have a great boss, you feel the same level of paranoia where you aren’t sure if it’s corporate gaslighting culture or you aren’t appreciative enough. Tread carefully with this company.

Pros

Benefits Investment in your health Great coworkers

Cons

Mental abuse Too much stress Culture is toxic

great place, excellent people

As a junior role, you can learn a lot form these excellent people. And it is a large company with thousands of resource that people can reach and learn.

Energizing Place to Work with Creative People

I worked a contract position on a great team where we did great work. Hard to convert to full-time job and Google managers can’t give you a reference for non- Google jobs.

Pros

Great people, perks and pay

Cons

Hard to convert to a full time role if you are a TVC

Great place

Love it here. Awesome company to work for. Opportunities to advance. Top of the line benefits, pay and culture. This is the best place i have ever worked.

Productive and innovative

I loved working at Google as a first-year intern. I would suggest that every student looking to go into the technology world should start at Google!!!

Productive and fun workplace.

Working at Google is a great experience. I was able to learn a lot and the culture is amazing and people are friendly. A good place to work and balance your life too, The freedom to express you skills is much appreciated.

It's a nice place to work

I enjoy working at Google. The pay is decent and the people are nice and helpful. The management was supportive and wanted me to get ahead. But form what I've heard, it depends on the team you're in.

Its great

Google does a great job I really enjoy the workd and I feel like we are on the cutting edge of ML and data science which is an area I have passion in, so I feel great waking up in the morning.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Corporate

The Culture

Team driven, individual achievements are celebrated, and you feel like part of something. Be well organized and able to adjust to changing market conditions for continued success

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Not permanent remote

I am hired as a vendor

I find little to no disadvantage working in Google Cloud. The only setback as a vendor is that you get your contract renewed annually. So there's a risk in terms of stability. Other than that I think the comps, the culture, the food, the office are all great to work at.

Pros

Free lunches, gyms, great comps

Cons

contract needs to be renewed annually

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Google.
Powered byComparably