Google Employee Reviews for Operations Associate

They are missing the big picture
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 16, 2018
The company is technologically innovative but supports a very left wing liberal environment that does not allow people outside of that political spectrum to feel uncomfortable. Additionally, there are too many politically correct initiatives that often roadblock opportunities for persons not meeting the criteria.
Pros
Excellent culture which offers many physical conveniences
Cons
Environment is too politically oriented and slow paced
N/a
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 29, 2018
I do not want to construct a review of a company that I only worked at for a total of 4 months. This is unnecessary, stupid, and very boring. The mini
Great Place to work and excel in your career
TV Copy Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Working at Google gives you the opportunity to not only excel at your current role because of great management, but also gives you the opportunity to build on your resume and gain extensive knowledge that will help you in your future endeavours.
Pros
Good management, access to gyms and workout classes, free food.
Cons
Not enough benefits such as stock options.
Fun job but needs more balance
Field Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2017
No room to advance. Travel is fun but excessive. The program could have been made better but it ended due to poor management. Outsource project with google.
Pros
Travel, meals covered drive different rentals
Cons
too much travel, this job will give you no life. hard if you have a family always away from home.
Good Job, but not so good working for Adecco
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
Working for Google is wonderful, but when you have a middle man such as Adecco it makes things very difficult in your work. Google is a great company and this opportunity is one to always remember.
Awesome work envrionment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 15, 2017
Work environment is awesome. You get many perks working here. Free meals, gym, snacks, coffee, and etc. Although depending on what program you are in, it can be hard to move up.
Pros
Free meals and gyms
Cons
Depending on what program you are in it may be hard to move up
Job overview
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2017
Google was an awesome job, I worked independent based on my assignment for the week. Management was available if needed. Traveled to various cities.
Pros
Worked independent
Cons
A little too much travel
Contract life is hard
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 1, 2017
There are really great perks and you feel like you are part of a large company but I found that the full-time employees treat you differently. Like you are less. It makes it hard to feel like you are valued.
It's a big company
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 1, 2017
Google is all about the bottom line and you feel it in the culture. It is a high-pressure company with a high expectation of results. They provide a lot but they expect a lot
good times
Southeastern Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
It was an experience and i learned a lot about leadership and creating a positive work environment. I got to manage 30-40 for the southeast region and travel all over and work for one of the biggest companies in the world. I loved it. And will miss it
Pros
Pay, perks, people
Cons
Temporary Contractor
google = life
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 4, 2017
Google is a phenomenal place to work, there is no doubt about it. The management is nothing but supportive, but due to the caliber of folks they bring on for non-mangement roles, be ready to compete as a small fish in a big pond.
Great experience
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 24, 2017
I contracted at Google for a year and it was a great experience. I learned a lot, had great colleagues, great perks (especially food). I will definitely recommend it to all my friends.
Great Job
Field Operations Associate / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Recommend for anyone that wants to see a fully functional company that regards its employees as family. It was only a contract job, but well worth all the travel and greeting of people to do the job I was tasked. Would do the job again if it was offered.
Pros
Learning about more about Google
Cons
Travel, but I enjoyed traveling
Google Maps/Extensive Travel
Field Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2017
Confidential and several NDA's signed. It was an excellent opportunity and I learned an incredible amount of information in the mapping and engineering department. I look forward to learning more in my next opportunity,
Pros
Excellent Food Program, Snacks, Teambuilding Development
Cons
Management issues, little room for advancement
Productive and Fun Place to work
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2017
I love working for google! The environment and atmosphere is completely non-comparison to any place that I have worked at before. If you ever get that chance to work for this company, do it!
Contracted
Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I was contracted on a project at Google by Adecco. I was a remote worker and travelled 75% of the time. Its only a two year contract so it doesn't leave a lot of room to grow. The project I was under seemed very disorganized and not at a level I would have expected from a company like Google. This may be due to the fact that many of the moving parts are contracted but I witnessed a lot of issues due to poor communication and management. I enjoyed my time there for the most part. The job was very basic and monotonous but the pay was decent plus extras.
Pros
pay, travel, and flexibility
Cons
management issues, contracted, Adecco
Normal day in the work place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Spending around 7 hours in car. Need to learn different software programs before able to drive autonomous. The workplace culture is relaxed. Hardest part of the job is being in a car the only goes 25mph.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Working night shift. I want to day shift
Great for young people
Global Advertising Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 23, 2016
Fun working environment for young people.
Good benefits, compensation and company perks.
Encourages creativity and team work although most of daily communication is via computers and chat.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dorm like environment
great work environment
Senior Operations Specialist, Glass (Former Employee) –  mt view caOctober 2, 2016
I was on contract that got extended. worked almost 2 years there. great place to strech my legs after working for myself. Great project just was managed poorly.
Good Job
Field Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2016
Pay is good, paid weekly, make your own hours. Benefits aren't great due to expense of them. Easy job, don't really see supervisors or coworkers. All in all great job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.3K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight