Google Culture reviews

Found 643 reviews matching the search See all 3,367 reviews
It is a good company
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  1year 5 monthsNovember 29, 2019
It is a good company.Everything is well managed.Managers are helping in nature.Training provide very well.A fresher can get know about project from the training.
great place to work!!!! Fun environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 25, 2019
productive and fun place to work, enjoyed the culture and people. tasks were challenging and it was nice to work as a team and complete goals as we seen fit.
A great company with intelligent people
Camera Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 25, 2019
My typical day at work is closely working with software and hardware engineers for the improvement of the quality of the products. I have learned to be flexible at work and be able to perform different tasks both individually and corporately. The workplace culture is fun and motivating. The hardest part of the job that would frustrate me the most is that I am unable to familiarize with the tasks while the deadline is approaching. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can work with people who are hard-working and enjoying with what they are doing at the same time.
ever-changing environment
Channel Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 24, 2019
You have the opportunity to be tested every minute.
Goals are set to make work exciting every day.
Your training needs to be adaptive to new challenges.
IT Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 23, 2019
learned a lot from my team. My team and manager are very supportive. A lot of organizations and clubs to join inside the company. Googlers are so nice, and you can ask to meet with them.
Intellignet Co-Workers
Global Insights Lead (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CANovember 20, 2019
Intelligent Co-Workers and supportive teams, but limited upward mobility after a time at the company. Great place to learn a core set of digital skills and be on the forefront of technology
Love it
I also do transcription on a freelance (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 15, 2019
I do search terms for google as l see what is easiest to find for people looking for a career with a top100 company culture is great. Google have a lot of services and I find them to be really good.
Good company to work.
Technical Recruiter (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Technical Recruiter (Lead)November 15, 2019
Positive environment Friendly team and approachable Managers and Leads Learning opportunities if you are sincere and committed, hard work pays off. Also good for learning new things.
Backend Java Engineer
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 15, 2019
I am dedicated individual and team player who enjoys working as backend developer. Always keen to learn new lessons and stay current on tech stack. I would like if the workplace culture is fun to be at work.
Productive and fun work place with a ping pong table
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  WaterlooNovember 14, 2019
Laid back environment but plenty of opportunity to grow -- you're constantly surrounded by bright individuals. Company culture is generally inclusive, felt extremely comfortable working there.
Great place to work!
Children's Center Educator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 14, 2019
Long commute, but an excellent work place. Benefits are top notch, caring co-workers. Manager that really care and are committed to improving. I highly recommend working there.
Really fun place to work
Member of the Hardware Operations Team (HWOPS) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2019
Great workflow and management. Amazing food and people. Various group projects in different areas and time shifts. Travel. Great atmosphere. Great hardware and solutions.
Pressured to keep calls short even when the call required a longer period of time to fix the problem.
Technical Support Specialist/ DXC (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 13, 2019
The culture was the best part of the job. I had great co-workers. Employees had a lot of pressure from the supervisors when you were on the phone for longer than they liked even when you needed more time to fix the problem.
Workplace culture
Assistant Cafe Manager, Bon Appetit (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 11, 2019
We truly care about the safety of our employees. Working with them to understand safety and making sure all of our equipment is being taught how to use before they get to use it on their own is something we truly take account on. The modo we live by everyday at work is, we want you to go home like you came into work. I believe that this is a part of what makes our workplace culture believe in safety and wanting to be safe for themselves and others.
Boss was very bad and had favorites, discriminated against felt like.
P.M. Lead Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 9, 2019
Awesome job until they brought in new management and slowly tried to replace people one by one and had to play company politics and had to work with managers having favorites and instead on being judge by your work ethics or skill other factors came into play.
it is very exiting and fun to work there
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 7, 2019
every day is new adventure and exiting to work there.
Lab-view and python programing.
Management is very cool.
very nice.
On a personal level I feel that finding enough time to spend with friends and family is the hardest part of my job. I love working
to achieve my goal
Collaboration. “I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission. ...
Work-Life Balance. “I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job.
Best manager ever!!!
The Google team management style is impeccable! Great team environment. I experienced the best manager in my career to date. Caring, kind, fair, helpful, empowering, encouraging, thoughtful, well respected, well read leader. Great management makes the entire working culture great! Best manager ever!!!
Fun work environment with a great office
Google Ads Account Strategist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 5, 2019
Location in Ann Arbor was great with a brand new office. Work environment was very laid back and overall culture was great. Contract was up hence moving on from position.
An extremely challenging, principled and rewarding workplace.
Google was a great place to work, but it does have some issues.
It was very rewarding, challenging and exciting.
There are however some built-in drawbacks to the heavily engineering-influenced culture.
The culture was very competitive and at times this could provide conflicting incentives for team members when working to move a project forward.
challenging social opportunities with fluid role and evolving duties
CLOUD ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Fremont, WANovember 4, 2019
a typical day at work began with a team meeting to review milestones
then the teams would separate and dig into their tasks
for account recovery the case load was about one to five tickets a day with each requiring about an hour to resolve, depending on if other support teams needed to be involved or not
i learned that a sterling name and well bought reputation can still yield results that allow for a wide range of opportunity for improvement, discipline, organization, planning, budgeting, scheduling, and overall execution on an enterprise level
there was little to no management involved in this role but there were plenty of names and titles to choose from on a list of about eight managers across several time zones were one inclined to pursue contact with a manager
the workplace culture was very competitive and segregated by security and whether one was full time or contract hired
the hardest part of the job was watching my reputation and aptitude encounter challenge from my younger compatriots
the most enjoyable part of my job was getting to leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
51.9K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?