Goorin Bros Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
A Good Culture ruined by upper management
Assistant Shopkeeper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2017
As an employee turned manager over the five years i was there i learned how to team build and effectively manage time. Great culture. Good people. Everyone enjoys a work life balance that is suitable. There is no room for advancement within the company after a certain point. Politics comes into play.
Decent for retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2017
As far as retail goes it can be fun but there is a major disconnect between the stores and home office. They also prohibit you from working over 29 hours and you don't get any health benefits and very VERY little sick leave. Pay is minimum wage. If you're looking for something fun, temporary, and flexible it's decent but if you have bills to pay and responsibilities outside work, it's not the best.
Pros
Flexible hours, good discount on product
Cons
Low pay, no health benefits
I enjoy working here.
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2017
There is a great relaxed environment. A fantastic team that helps keep the day interesting and customers involved. We have many regulars and a good time.
Great growing experience in costumer service!
Sales/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 2, 2017
I had a blast working at Goorin Bros. The hours weren't very much nor the pay. But the experience was well worth the time! I learned so much about costumer relations, and had fun meeting people from all different walks of life. Even the Owner CEO came by for a friendly visit. He is very passionate and awesome!
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Very very slow days feels like eternity, and then BAMM busy! Which is great haha
Best company I've ever worked for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wicker Park, Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2017
I could talk about Goorin for days- trust me, it's an amazing place to work. A 4th generation family owned company, now filled with younger employees looking to grow and learn. Decent pay for entry-level. Management is understanding and clear, team meetings are fun, and we have parties or events at least once a month. Everyone that works here is amazing. You get 6 FREE hats a year, and 50% off discount otherwise - which you can share with family and friends!

The only minor complaint I have is that full-time positions are available to management only.
Pros
50% off discount, 6 FREE hats a year, fun place to work
Cons
none! I just wish I could get more hours.
Awesome
Assistant Shopkeeper (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2017
Full of Culture. Truly a family feel. Family owned company. You dont just feel like a number or statistic working here. WHen it come to retail it doesnt get better.
Good, laid-back company to work for
AP Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2016
Good, laid-back company to work for. This company thrives on its loyalists both internally and externally, people passionate about hats. At times if feels like a bunch of misfits who don't quite fit in elsewhere in the world of retail, and that's perfectly fine.
Fun and hip place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
Fun and trendy place to works, constantly surrounded by creative people and an environment that nurtures artists and musicians to really invest themselves into the company
Pros
great discount, great customers
Cons
little pay
Exciting and fun environment to work in.
Lead Merchant/Assistant Shopkeeper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2014
One of the best places that i have worked for hands down. Great leaders and innovators. Always room for growth in every shop from manager positions to opportunities at headquarters in San Francisco. Co workers were exceptional. Never a hard moment working for this company. Probably the most enjoyable part of working for Goorin would be interacting with customers and making every interaction a memorable one. Superb service was a must and it was fun doing it while selling hats. Best HAT SHOP nation wide!
Creative, fun, and inspiring environment to work in.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2012
Goorin Bros. is a unique and inspiring company to work for. As a store manager I got to work both on the back end and the front, working closely with our home office as well as managing employees and creating long lasting relationships with clients. Day to day my responsiblites were to maintain store operations while also creating a fun and welcoming environment to shop in. The most enjoyable part of my job was buying product for our store and creating a place where people enjoyed shopping and would come back to visit because we made them feel so good. The most challenging but also most rewarding part of the job is managing employees and making sure they are on the same page as you.