Goosehead Insurance

Goosehead Insurance Employee Reviews

United States68 reviews

salehourinsurancehighemployeeculturehardlot

Overworked and Underpaid

Started at Goosehead earlier this year.The recruiter and the information given to you beforehand almost make this job sound like it's worthwhile. Unfortunately, it is not. The salary they offer you in the beginning sounds amazing, and for the first little while it is! But when you do the math you are only making around $17 an hour (if not less!) for 45 hours + of your week. And don't even get me started on the time off. Another worrying piece of trivia about the company is the fact that management loves to play "gotcha!" when you follow their orders to a T. "Oh, we don't do it like that, we do it like THIS." Then the next manager comes over "well you misunderstood, we do it like THIS!" and it's just an infinite loop.Also, the first day you get into the office they threaten to fire you, no joke. And they continue to do so throughout the onboarding process.If you are confused about what the job is as I was, let me summarize it for you: This is a call center job with an insurance theme. You know how at other call centers they have "Football Ticket" campaigns every fall? This is one of those, but instead of trying to sell or keep people on football season passes, you're trying to sell and retain insurance business.Also, they will force 30 minutes of over time on you multiple times a week. This is supposed to be "fun" and prove you're a "team player".A large part of your job is going to be cleaning up the messes the other departments make while none of your management can agree on how to solve a certain issue and nag at you if you do what you feel is right.The people are -

Pros

Pay is higher than most entry level jobs, Free food occasionally, Nice coworkers

Cons

Your time clocked in is run by a taskmaster, Time off is limited, 45 hour + work weeks with forced overtime, Schedule is not flexible

Excellent company

Excellent company to represent, truly. Training was exceptional, not sure how I feel about support after launching agency though. Territory manager can be hard to get ahold of and their service department is going through tons of changes so hold times are longer than preferred but exceptional service once clients do work with them.I am in a sales only role as agency owner.

Goosehead Insurance insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Very Clicky Atmosphere

Whoever you get hired with is about your only friend(s). Be prepared to sit at a desk all day with minimal breaks. Asking for time off was always a pain, even if it is a serious issue.

Overworked and Underpaid

Way too much work for the salary being paid. The people who work here can be really sweet however, the workload is way too much and the expectations are extremely unreasonable.

College grads beware

Fun people to work with- lots of free lunches but the atmosphere is very similar to a frat house. Exhausting hours and toxic positivity. Insane turnover rate.

Young Grads look somewhere else

Goosehead Insurance is not the place to work for. The inside recruiters will sell you on a job and when you decline the officer they will lie and say the "VP saw your resume and wants to offer the job" LIES. They brain wash you to think you'll make 6 figures but you wont, the commission structure is formed to where you will never become commissionable. You get burnt out and see that every month at least 2 people leave. Every month a new group gets hired, THAT IS A RED FLAG. You can easily find a better employment with higher pay somewhere else.

Don’t do it

The Goosehead model is an absolute joke: call 100 loan officers a day and beg them for your business. Just terrible. Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone.

Productive. Ping pong table. Fantasy football. Stressful is you need a focused work environment.

Great place to work if you don’t need a structured work environment. There is not a lot of quiet time in the offices and there’s a lot of hype while people are on the phone..

No sell-y no eat-y

I worked here for almost a year. My agency was awesome but if you hate sales this isnt for you. Goosehead has a super high turnover rate because its hard to succeed with them. They encourage pusy sales and marketing techniques and unless you are already established you will very much struggle to succeed.

Pros

Good workplace attitude

Cons

Bad work-life balance

Lots of hard work, management sells a pipe dream

I have not been working here for long but I wish I had read the writing on the walls. There's a reason most of the workers at Goosehead are young people straight out college... They don't know what a real job is supposed to be like.

Pros

fun and cool coworkers

Cons

overtime, bad training

Great depending on which Agency Owner you land under apparently

I know people as agents with Goosehead that really succeeded, because of which Agency they worked under. However, I landed under a not so knowledgeable nor helpful Agency Owner. Communication from the Agency Owner I landed under was very minimal. I would have to call, text and sometimes email with the regional director in order for this Agency Owner to reply. I think Goosehead as a whole is great. Just be sure to get under a fantastic Agency!

Pros

Work from wherever you want

Cons

Support and communication

It is a trap

They lie during the interview process about what you can expect for compensation but realistically you can expect to work 60 hour weeks for 40k so you might as well take any hourly job that wouldn’t even require a degree over working at goosehead.

Finally, a place where I can control my future!

What I love most about this job is the ability to go out and create relationships that at the end of the day help me meet my sales goals! There's always something new to learn!

Amazing Culture.... High Turnover Rate

The company culture was deveined, I enjoyed working with the people in my office and established meaningful friendships. However, the work/life balance was awful. After getting hired I found out the company lie to me and several new hires regarding pay, hours of operation and work/life balance situation. Everyone was told something different. The only good thing I will say about this company, is the culture was awesome because I truly enjoyed working with the staff in my office. Yes, it is true work days last for 10 hour (8:00-6:00) unless you are tenure than your hours are a bit more flexible meaning you have the opportunity to work from home. Make sure you pass the insurance test or already have your license because they WILL fire you after failing the 3rd time. Turnover rate is extremely high... they are ALWAYS hiring, at least every other month a group of new individuals will begin working at the company. In my opinion this this why the high turnover rate is high. The choice is yours however, it isn't worth it... not if you're looking for a long term employment situation.

Pros

Free lunches, company culture

Cons

Long work hours, high turnover rate

no bueno

ptsd is what I have had since coming to Goosehead. great experience not gonna lie but everyday I wanted to cry- and I did. bamboozled is the word I would use to describe it here.

Pros

nice office

Cons

everything else

Excellent office culture at a fast growing company.

As a service agent my job can be difficult at times, but the opportunities for growth coupled with the atmosphere makes this an awesome place to work. I've worked at several big corporations and I can tell you that the culture here is by far the best. It is a work hard - play hard environment, and we do experience growing pains, but because of that there is a lot of opportunity for growth. You have to be driven to succeed here, there is no doubt about that. Laziness will be noticed. If you are truly invested in your own growth and the growth of your organization you will undoubtedly do well at Goosehead.

Pros

Awesome coworkers, caring management, opportunity for advancement

Great place

I love working for Goosehead. They provide countless tools to be successful and the people are awesome. Like any sales career, it takes lots of hard work in the beginning but worth it. Growing like crazy

Do not work here

By far the worst place I have ever worked, they threaten to fire you from day one, they deny all vacations and they spread rumors, I honestly felt like I was back in high school. You’ve been warned,

Pros

Cons

No e

High Pressure Sales Tactics

Putting aside management talking behind your back, the extremely high turnover rate, the high pressure sales tactics required to survive and sad excuse for a 'service team'. You can make a some really good money here as a producer... if you're still able to sleep at night. Some of the tips I received from successful sales people include:1. Avoid sending the client the quote. One-Call-Close as much as possible. Try to avoid having them speak to their significant other.2. No need to explain policy fees, include all of the fees on the closing invoice. Its easier to collect the fees at closing because the title company pays the invoice; customer pushes back less.3. Do whatever you need to do to get a mortgage broker to send you leads. One individual described how he taught a mortgage brokers child how to play golf on the weekend in order to receive leads.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Unprofessional

Overworked and under-compensated. No room to grow and the company does not help you succeed whatsoever. There is absolutely no work life balance. Managers are so unprofessional and treat it like a frat house environment.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goosehead Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits