GoPro

GoPro Employee Reviews

United States63 reviews
The job is fun. But there’s a lot of ways to get thrown under a bus, bad be fired on the spot. I had to pay out of pocket for maintenance on the company truck, not to get paid back most of the time. “Including tires and oil changes.” It’s near impossible to get basic functioning equipment, and tend to fix your own problems when they come up.
It was a great contractor position covering for someone’s maternity leave. The AR team was very welcoming and helpful. It was overall a positive work environment.
Summary says it all. If Leadership was able to make better and more confident choices, I believe the company would be healthier and a safer place to work. Be forewarned that if you get hired here, your job is not safe and you will always be looking over your shoulder for the next cut/pivot.
Best position of my career! Great people, fun product, amazing atmosphere, lots of snacks! The company moves quickly and allows for growth. Super fulfilling and full of unique verticals
I liked working there at first, but the years since have proved how incompetent of a management team we have. The brand is still awesome and will keep things going for a little bit, But, the company has zero vision and the CEO needs to go The company is best served if they are bought out by someone who knows what they are doing.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
place is awful and full of nepotism and backstabbers. too political in managment. tell you one thinig and then do the other. management doesnt know what they are doing, are just surfiing buddies of the ceo
People that actually do all the work and are constantly making improvements do not get credit. If you are an alcoholic and do nothing then you are on the golden path. People in charge of the laptops sell them on the side in San Francisco love and haight shop on haight street in SF. Not ewasted, Sold off the records for personal gain.
before company went public we were like family and work in close knit environment. it changed over the years especially after went ipo company did not do well and lay-off's happened every year for the last 3 years. good benefits but not good in promotion unless you know someone.
Exceptional company to work very stable, provide good work environment, always trying feel better, provide different activities multiple time a year to help employees relax and meet each other
Great company, really invested in their employees Did a little of everything from tech, sales, and phone/chat to QA and Coaching others when it was needed
Loved working at Gorpro, the company culture was great and the management was awesome. I learned a lot about branding, production, and marketing. My coworkers were all very similar to me.
Gave me the chance to learn several new things in a relatively short time. The hardest part of the job was being remote from the large development team.
The lack of real diversity was really apparent with only a conceptual idealistic plan to change it. This is more like GoBro than anything.
The core values are written but not really a implemented standard throughout the company!
Pros
Cool product and some pretty cool people
Cons
Management is complacent and gone most of the time
Very good company, it gave us the opportunity to create videos, and to photograph, I was in charge of creating visual content and editing,
Pros
Good job
Cons
I just make videos in my free time and get small benefits. It is a fun and great environment. I FREAKING LOVE IT. IT IS THE BEST EVER AND IM JUST FILLING UP SPACE.
Pros
I love go pro
Cons
they went on a decline and that made me sad.
It was great! Got to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and it was a good start to my professional career. The mentors gave great insight regarding the company and the ins and outs of the culture.
Pros
Long Breaks
We always have live-it every Thursday to enjoy our GoPro Cams! This allows us to use and be familiar with the product, market ideas on producing quality videos as well know the technicalities of the product we are supporting.
I loved the team that I worked with and worked for - but wished that company wide goals and communication had been better. Credit was not given where due, and it's always unfortunate when a company has to continue to lay people off.
There's a lot of great people at GoPro, and I enjoyed working there. The hardest part working there was the rounds of lay offs that continued to happen. I'm hoping this will end in 2018.
Pros
Culture, Live IT and the employees, free cameras.
Cons
Business strategy not executed well, resulting in lay offs
GOPRO is a fun place to work they give you the cameras to play along and use them onces you have time on the cameras and test them out so you could help out the customer with questions.
The benefits were awesome. It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. After the change in management, the work environment wasn't as positive as before.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoPro. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight