GoPro

GoPro Employee Reviews

fun place to work
before company went public we were like family and work in close knit environment. it changed over the years especially after went ipo company did not do well and lay-off's happened every year for the last 3 years. good benefits but not good in promotion unless you know someone.
Contractor position which led to nowhere
Hired as contractor.they never transfer you to full-time employee at frnt desk. lot of responsibility.absolutely no benefits. Their holiday calendar said 2 days off/Christmases 2days off for New Yrs,2days Thanksgiving. A week before the holidays of Christmas I was told we would be closed for 2 1/2wks! I would have no pay for that time. Totally screwed system.People quit a lot
Good company to work
Exceptional company to work very stable, provide good work environment, always trying feel better, provide different activities multiple time a year to help employees relax and meet each other
Great employer
Great company, really invested in their employees Did a little of everything from tech, sales, and phone/chat to QA and Coaching others when it was needed
Amazing culture
Loved working at Gorpro, the company culture was great and the management was awesome. I learned a lot about branding, production, and marketing. My coworkers were all very similar to me.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
A young adventurous athletic culture, but didn't see much owned intellectual property
Gave me the chance to learn several new things in a relatively short time. The hardest part of the job was being remote from the large development team.
Originally the company was culture friendly
The lack of real diversity was really apparent with only a conceptual idealistic plan to change it. This is more like GoBro than anything.
The core values are written but not really a implemented standard throughout the company!
Pros
Cool product and some pretty cool people
Cons
Management is complacent and gone most of the time
Very good work environment and people from there very creative.
Very good company, it gave us the opportunity to create videos, and to photograph, I was in charge of creating visual content and editing,
Pros
Good job
It is really
I just make videos in my free time and get small benefits. It is a fun and great environment. I FREAKING LOVE IT. IT IS THE BEST EVER AND IM JUST FILLING UP SPACE.
Pros
I love go pro
Cons
they went on a decline and that made me sad.
Workplace Culture
It was great! Got to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and it was a good start to my professional career. The mentors gave great insight regarding the company and the ins and outs of the culture.
Pros
Long Breaks
Work Life Balance
We always have live-it every Thursday to enjoy our GoPro Cams! This allows us to use and be familiar with the product, market ideas on producing quality videos as well know the technicalities of the product we are supporting.
Amazing Coworkers
I loved the team that I worked with and worked for - but wished that company wide goals and communication had been better. Credit was not given where due, and it's always unfortunate when a company has to continue to lay people off.
Great culture and passionate employees
There's a lot of great people at GoPro, and I enjoyed working there. The hardest part working there was the rounds of lay offs that continued to happen. I'm hoping this will end in 2018.
Pros
Culture, Live IT and the employees, free cameras.
Cons
Business strategy not executed well, resulting in lay offs
It was a fun job
GOPRO is a fun place to work they give you the cameras to play along and use them onces you have time on the cameras and test them out so you could help out the customer with questions.
Great work culture but lacks advancement
The benefits were awesome. It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. After the change in management, the work environment wasn't as positive as before.
GoPro is not just surfer dudes
Being at GoPro has had its ups and downs but if you're lucky enough to be surrounded by a great team, you can achieve more than expected. The culture is solid and is not just a bunch of surfer dudes saying "Bruh". Real people work here and they work hard. I would recommend coming to work for GoPro but I wouldn't expect this job to be a forever home.
Great work culture and fun place to work
I was the Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer of the company and had a great deal of expose to the business side of the company. Great!
Pros
Fun culture, work/life balance was amazing, love the energy
Cons
Too many RIFs happened during my time within the company, my boss ended up leaving and my new role is not what I am wanting to advance my career
Great company!!
Fantastic experience. Great people with great minds. Creative and collaborative. GoPro provides such a fantastic work culture. They believe in promoting a healthy work environment.
Unfortunately not the best
Unfortunately, this is a dying company and is not does not have a good process for innovation. Heavily relies on CEO's gut instincts, without adequate data or user research.
GoPro - Fun but Rocky
Rollercoaster ride of highs and lows. Some managers are great, some are terrible, but you will have that at most places. C-level obviously needs some work and better direction. Overall, great benefits, good pay and solid place to work.
No advancement
No advancement opportunities and no processes and procedures. A lot of nepotism in the workplace. Tends to hire people they know from other companies or cultures and promote within those groupings.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
No advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoPro. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GoPro.