goPuff Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Work Environment, Not For Everyone.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Des MoinesMarch 16, 2019
Ok, here's the deal. Being a goPuff driver is not going to be for everyone. It's a busy place, and you are going to have to hustle big time. You'll be utilizing your own personal vehicle to make deliveries, so it's absolutely essential that you own a fuel efficient car that is mechanically sound. Regular scheduled maintenance will be necessary, and you will want to keep detailed records of fuel and maintenance records for tax purposes.

I personally have found the job to be profitable, even after deducting my own expenses. I average between 36-40 hours a week. Between regular pay and tips, my pay has been consistent with or even exceeded other full time jobs in my area. Pay is weekly via direct deposit. Something to consider is that your pay is subsidized by tips that customers leave within the app when they place a order. This is nothing new or unusual, it's common practice within the industry. Waiters, waitresses, pizza drivers, should all be used to this practice.

One of the things I appreciate is that hourly pay also covers you during down time. So, it's not like gig apps such as GrubHub or DoorDash where you get paid by the delivery. There may be times when business is slow and you find yourself sitting in a drivers lounge playing on your phone or watching TV. It's nice to know you are still on the clock and being paid hourly for this.

Work life balance is really what you make it. You submit your availability every week and basically choose your hours, allowing you to work as little or as much as you want. Here in my area winter road conditions can sometimes
  more... be a factor. Management has been really decent about taking driver safety into account and closing operations during winter storms.

The work environment is very much team oriented. Being positive minded and upbeat will carry you far. The company has a very interesting culture that seems to appeal to the "420" crowd. I find it to be really exciting and I'm looking forward to see how far this young start up company will go.
Pros
Products that have reached their sell by date are often offered to the driver's.
Cons
No health insurance
Straight B.S.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2019
During the unprofessional interview I sat through I had to listen to management lie to me about the amount of pay I would be getting and the full time hours. On my first night my shift was cut by 4 hours. The next day I went from 40 hours a week to to 12 hours and the $15 per hour I was told I was going to get paid dropped to $10. I was excited to work here at first, but this experience ruined that.
Pros
Cool business concept
Cons
Management and Structure
Don’t do it and don’t waste your time bro
Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 13, 2019
There isn't much to be gained by being negative even if you hate your job or your supervisor was a terrible manager. Employers tend to take the side of former supervisors over job candidates when checking references. Some organizations will conduct formal background checks that will go back further than your current or last job so even if you have already secured a new position, it is not wise to alienate a former employer.

What you say when you leave could be mentioned to prospective employers, and negativity isn't going get you a positive recommendation. Even worse, saying too much about what you didn't like about the job or the employer could even get you a bad reference. Whenever possible, leave your job gracefully.
Pros
Slow
Cons
Slavery
This was the most unorganized company ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2019
Don’t go work here they will have you a run around set you up and interview when u get there an they are busy they will make you just pick a day to come back and if you came back an they are still busy they’ll will just tell you they have to many drivers and when really they don’t
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Manager plays favorites, they sell MOSTLY nearly expired product
Driver (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAFebruary 14, 2019
Manager picks about 4-6 drivers and gives them the shifts they want, then the remaining 10 or so drivers compete in a rat race every Thursday at 3pm to grab shifts that they don’t even know if they’ll conflict with their schedule. They drop whatever they don’t want.

They continuously use language that infringes upon the rules that apply to contract workers. They will still direct you to do things and then laugh and act like it was a cute accident.

This place is a ticking time bomb for a class action lawsuit.
Pros
Zero
Cons
It is run by a person with brain damage who thinks they are smarter than what they really are.
Pay can change on you!
Gopuff (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 13, 2019
I would wait until they pick up because your not going to make 15 an hour! Now the pay is only 10 dollars a hour so just do your research before thinking about this job!
Slave work for pennies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Pretty much slave work for pennies.At one warehouse they will have what seem to be relatives of the manager and friends on the schedule but not present for several hours yet there being paid . The shift managers rarely respond on the groupme app . There’s tons of employees smoking. People not getting paid correctly and not being paid some week .
Pros
You can schedule yourself
Great Direct Management, Awful Company
Courier (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80223January 28, 2019
I would like to point out that the direct managers I worked with were wonderful. GoPuff is owned by Grub Hub, and Grub Hub is awful. They don't give a rat's patoot about their contractors or their direct employees.
One would come into the warehouse and be given a huge bag of items. You have no idea how long these items have been sitting there on the shelf, but all will be revealed as you deliver the items to the angry customers who have been waiting for them for literally hours. Customer service does nothing regarding contacting these customers. The driver gets the brunt of the customer's ire.
The warehouse managers try their best, but often one of them would have to jump in their car and start delivering. The manager left in the warehouse gets to run around like a chicken with their head cut off packing bags for the drivers.
Trying to find a place to park in downtown Denver blows.
Some other lovely incidents while working for this company:
I almost fell through a porch with rotting boards.
Having to climb up poorly maintained steps.
I incurred a permanent nerve injury to one arm from having to haul heavy items up multiple flights of stairs. I was constantly experiencing severe cramping in my legs. But even worse was the fact that pretty much every customer I encountered was angry at being left waiting for their items for hours and never contacted by customer service.
If you like being a verbal punching bag and tearing up your car and your own body, you will love this job. Otherwise, best to leave it well alone. You're better off delivering pizzas.
I hate to say these
  more... things because the warehouse managers were great. However, the company sucks.  less
Pros
Free items
Cons
No breaks, wear and tear on vehicle, angry customers, parking
Worst company you could work for!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2019
I first started as driver mid 2018 it was someone showing you something 1 time then they throw you in sink or swim. I got asked to be a operations manager after a couple months. Opportunities can be there if you play politics. Denver is notorious for being the market with lots of issues. Typical day: Previous gm never being present, but making half trained oms run the show. Regional manager loved letting us oms know we werent worth more than 13 an hour because we "only put doritos in a bag." Then wonder why our morale was so low? Why numbers werent good? Why we're losing customers? It starts with respect we get from our LEADERS. Word travels in gopuff especially when you talk down to your subordinates loudly every time you come to denver. We live in a state where cost of living is higher. We wanted a raise but Gopuff doesnt truly care about loyalty or how much cost of living here is. Horrible working conditions.We had freezers and coolers not getting cold enough with product inside still giving out and selling to customers over summer. No air conditioning and had chocolate melting it would get so hot I got dizzy from the heat too many times. After months of horrible working conditions- might I add no visits from upper management during these horrendous work months in the heat. The management problems were missed from hq neglect. It baffled all of us that there was no upper management accountability. Leaving a team of oms to fend for themselves at 13 a hour? Hardly worth all this mess. I was about to quit but heard they were transferring a gm out from il and she had a rep for  more... getting things handled so I decided to stick it out. She made us hopeful positive things were finally going to happen. She is to this day still the ONLY person I have known in the company that kept her word, accommodated us/bought equipment we needed. If i needed last minute time off she always worked with me if I had an event coming up or worked for me if I needed. Everyday she was actually present or made available to us anytime we needed and respected us. Finally we had someone acting like a manager SHOULD be. A lot of the team and I were present so many times she asked for help only to be ignored by upper management or they come up wit some reason they couldnt help. Theyd toss words like being over budget out there then follow that with offering drivers additional incentive pay for the weekend. We didnt even get 3 months with her and now they bring in some new guy with morale EVEN LOWER than before the original gm. If you can please ponder that. I can't understand gopuff logic they must be allergic to competent upper management. The turnover rate is disgusting and its about to be higher after this horrendous decision to a management change. We really downgraded with this gm. Upper management starting at gm level up needs completely replaced and maybe this company will start operating like a business. Lack of support on the HQ/regional level really was the nail for quite a few of us. Don't waste your time!  less
Pros
Free expired food, some coworkers are decent
Cons
Short staffed, drivers pay messed up every week, drivers get incentives oms never do, work long hours, work holidays, no work/life balance, high stress
Bad place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Basically they take your tips and then dont know what hourly rat your suppose to get. The place is dirty because nobody can clean up after themselves. They dont want to show you the break down of what is your so-called pay. Management has no clue what they are doing. Nobody has experience and can get hired no matter want because they are desperate. You are better off doing Uber or some other place.
Pros
Free expired food
Cons
They keep your tips, wear and tear of your car, inexperienced staff, etc
great job
Title Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2019
this is a very nice work environment i like working there, i would recommend this place. Very nice pay very good people just looking for some more hours and pay.
Pretty stereotypical and laughable environment
Operations Manager and driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2019
This place is ominously bad. At the third largest volume producing location of the time (summer 2018) a typical workday involved showing up to work to find out more people had quit or were on their way out (including the general manager) as a result of poor pay and neglect from upper management. The turnover rate defined the experience. This left serious confusion as to what roles anyone on the staff was supposed to have with. I learned that working in a culture of poor pay and being on your feet packing hundreds of orders a week is unpleasant. No rotation or formal assignment of management tasks, managers have limited authority in every aspect, including dealing with difficult drivers. The glorified position of operations manager becomes undignified and unfulfilling with the pay of 13 an hour in a housing market that requires double digit percentage increases to sustain rent. The hardest part of the job was the resulting poor attitudes and bad moods of everybody around. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a job in the paycheck to paycheck lifestyle which is fun but comes with its burdens.
Horrible place to work at
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 18, 2019
First off the schedules are often for overnight and hardly have times for during the day.
Second, they somehow pay you less then what is owed and when you ask them about they just keep saying it’ll be put onto the next check and guess what?!.... It’s never put on to your next check, so you basically work for free. The management is poor, when you bring up these issues to them they just give you empty promises and expect you to go above and beyond for this company.
Pros
Pay is hourly
Cons
Scheduling, Pay and management
No transparency on pay
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  SeaJanuary 3, 2019
GoPuff does not provide a break down of driver earnings. We never see what we are getting in tips.

I was told I would get $15/hr but wasn't told that they use the tips we receive towards that $15! Out and out dtealing from drivers.

If you use goPuff please tip your driver in cash so we really get our tips.
Trash place
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 20, 2018
Not a good place to work, they say hired you for full time but your never work more than 20-30 a week. The contract itself doesn’t say full time but verbal they do to trick you. It’s a chill place but you’ll hate it quickly. The hours a random and never set, which makes it hard to live a life outside of work. They make false promises and never care. Mice everywhere, but they got better at keeping them away, expired food sometimes so we always had to read labels. If you’re a college student and need a part time gig it could work for you. But if you’re paying rent, car note, bills and or whatever don’t bother. They play favorites too, and you’ll notice that early, and they will likely be your boss other than the people who actually deserve the advancement. Garage, no respect. I Apologize For the rant but it’s the hard truth ..... stay away
Pros
Free expired food
Cons
Expired food
Great company to work at but poor upper management
Operations Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2018
Idle place to work at for steady work, great drivers, and lower management to handle the day to day tasks. Poor upper management skills and people skills.
Pros
Fun relaxing environment
Cons
Upper management
Gopuff loves to lie!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 17, 2018
Management lies about how much you will be making. You will never see any of your tips. Your managed by immature children who don’t know what their doing but love to brag that their cousin is the CEO. The GM is extremely inexperienced, a liar, and very petty. Working here is a waste of time and not worth the ware and tare on your car.
Pros
Other drivers are fun to work with
Cons
Managers from Philadelphia branch.
The Worst Company I've EVER worked for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 9, 2018
I was a Operations Manager for about 3 months for GoPuff. Before I QUIT. This company promotes YOUNG & IMMATURE glorified Pick Packers into GM's & RM's with 0 management experiences from their main Hub in Philadelphia. These Managers aren't from the area so they don't understand why some of these delivery times are IMPOSSIBLE. The GM make the work environment toxic, they try to intimidate with threats of cutting your hours for minor mistakes. Contacting HR is pointless being that they're located in Philadelphia so ALLLL HR MANAGERS are in "Cahoots" with the GMs & RMs. Lastly, the GM will make promises to Drivers whether it be incentives like, more pay or a day off or whatever was discussed privately and don't hold their end of the bargain. Leaving Operation Managers to deal with disgruntled Drivers in which you totally agree why they're upset. Anybody in the area looking for a job AVOID this place I'm telling you. DRIVERS they are stealing from you! It's not worth it. Peace & Blessings
Pros
Its A Job
Cons
The Entire Upper Management
poor management, lie about wages
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 3, 2018
Don't waste your time! expect to much has one driver at busy times with 2 managers ? no money consideration for car no tips they keep credit card tips
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
to much expected for low pay bad bad management
Fun, Quick-Paced, Really Easy
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 1, 2018
Obviously experiences will vary by the area you're in, so my review doesn't speak for all. This job is by far one of the best I've had. I have another job and my original intent was to work at this job until I had my debt paid off. Now I plan on staying and moving up in the company after witnessing other people move up so fast. I'm a driver now in the Purdue University area and there's times where it's really dead and there's times where we're slammed. In times we've been insanely busy or had a special huge sale going on, all of the drivers got a pay boost and we seem to get rewarded a lot for picking up extra shifts, and I've never had an issue receiving the correct pay for those boosts. I've seen three drivers be promoted to operational managers and the story of how my current GM got promoted really has me inspired to stay with the company and move up. The culture at my location is very laid-back. We love to joke around and have a good time while also providing great service to our customers. That's probably the best part of the job is the people I work with. As a driver, the job is insanely easy. The manager packs your bag and you take it and deliver it. Simple as that. I've seen people on indeed complaining about the pay, but I see it as fair compared to most delivery driver's pay in the area. We always get paid even if we're just sitting at the warehouse doing nothing. Overall, I think this is a great place to work and I only see things improving from here from business growth and good treatment of employees!
Pros
Free food from damaged goods, pay boosts, flexible scheduling, laid-back, fun environment
Cons
Lack of benefits, cost of gas, no real breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goPuff. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5