goPuff Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Absolutely do not recomend
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 15, 2018
The business will go under sooner than later. Inexperienced managers making completely incorrect business decision are going to cause the company to go under but no one above cares about a more
legally correct business standard to build upon. The company has money backing it somehow so far but since it is new but that only lasts for so long. Hard work towards a strong business structure mean nothing to the company. It only care about making moves whether they are completely hurting the future success of the business. I don't get it at all.
Pros
Promised advancement but it wont last.
Cons
Horrible management. Illegal requirements.
Waste of time
Independent Contractor/Courier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2018
This job pays less than 8 an hour unless you don’t count wear and tear and gas and miles... it pays 13 if you don’t know about costs out of pocket basically a joke and ran by children 21-26. Who have no idea of how to be managers!
Pros
Easy job for a lazy person
Cons
Not enough pay or deliveries bad management
Unprofessional
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2018
You don’t get to choose your hours; they give you a set schedule each week. The management is unprofessional, & some have criminal records. They’re are never enough drivers to deliver orders, and many routinely call off.
delivery driver
deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2018
Poor management and you won't get paid fairly plus they keep the tips. Some poor communication among departments. Very unprofessional company all around. Loyalty means nothing to them. They will ask you to put in insane hours, put your whole life on hold, and then drop you without giving you any reason whatsoever.
Terrible communication and organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 18, 2018
Drivers are independent contractors. Anyone in management will be fired for making one single mistake. They have requirements they don't tell you about until after you start, and your phone will constantly be going off. Communication within the company is a nightmare and the organization of the company is atrocious. In my experience, both regional managers I had have terrible interpersonal communication skills. The pay may be tempting, but look elsewhere!
Pros
The pay
Cons
everything else
Poor Management/Stressful environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
Poor management. Everyday it felt like you were left alone on a sinking ship with no help. The work environment went from 10 to 0 within months of working there and was always stressful.
Fun place to work`
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
Gopuff was a very fast paced environment that keep you on your feet. A manager has to almost everything and be able to make quick decisions. we are required to multi-task and always be moving.
Pros
chill, fun
Cons
random schedules
very low pay, false hope, poor communication
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
very long work days, even when you go back home you still have to be on your phone at all times. Low communication from headquarters. I was promised more money and percentage bonuses, that I never got.
Streesful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2018
Initially I enjoyed working at goPuff but then it became too stressful and was poorly managed! I did not enjoy working for this company in the end. I believe my time and patience were both taken advantage of so I decided to pursue other job opportunities.
kinda
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Arizona State University, AZMarch 18, 2018
was an ok place to work and hang out but the pay and the times to work were not the best. the communication wasn't the best so on some work days and weeks it was almost a loss cause in figuring work hours
Relaxed but management too inexperienced
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 13, 2018
A lot of management/corporate office are too young for anyone's good. They may be smart and highly educated but they have no experience running a start-up, which is why most start-ups fail.

The goPuff value proposition is certainly great in writing. In practice the company is giving no value to its customers on the average.

The culture is for those accustomed to the hippie lifestyle.
Pros
apparently there are benefits.
Cons
No set breaks, driving hard on car, low pay, poor inventory management
Not a Place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2018
Very Cutthroat
They did not care about the time and effort you put into the company
they let go of a person not because of their performance just because of their background
Cons
No time off
Company that rips its drivers off
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 10, 2018
$13 an hour with no tips basically.
The company keeps your delivery fee's and card tips, kind of confusing but I'll try to explain. Hour is $13 flat. Your delivery fee you don't get, or if you do you only get about 30 percent of it towards your check and they pocket the rest. OR, if your delivery fee/tips add up to over $13 an hour then you're paid that per hour but if not, you only make thirteen. Such a ripoff.
Tons of miles on your car and tons of cash spent on fuel.
Pros
Alone time
Cons
Terrible pay, no benefits, no bonuses, rarely see cash tips
Terrible corporate management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2018
This company literally could not care less. Instances of racism, harassment and just general borderline hate crimes were treated with a raise for the person in question. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. You live under constant threat of being in a right to work state and being fired at anytime.
Best place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 20, 2018
This place is great to work and get money in your pocket. Everyone there is super friendly, managers are wonderful. They are so helpful when you need them always available to help.
A growing Start Up
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2017
The company is a technology Start Up. There is always a need to address issues and the room for growth.

This jobs requires everyone to be organized, multi-task.
Friendly open workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2017
It was a fun job, does a lot on your car though. A typical day for me consisted of running orders to clients and doing homework between them if there was time. I learned a lot about communicating with customers and how to make them happy.
Worked here for a few months
Inependent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2017
Worked here for a few months. Pay was okay. Most of your work was based on tips. The schedule and work apps need work. Also managers seem incapable of sending out mass messages informing changes in payroll and what not.

I went to pick up more hours this past weekend and was unable to access the app and the next day unable to access the groupme chat. Called in to figure out why and was told that my contract was terminated due to call outs. Back in September, it was my understanding that they were working with my immediate family problems and I asked them to cut my hours for the week. They counted this as call outs. I reached out to the manager and never heard back.

Very unprofessional that I had to call them to find out that I was let go.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
poor management
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
I never saw the office. Never saw someone who worked here. I saw an ad online to receive $50 square cash every time 10 people used a code if you were approved as a brand ambassador. So I did a little write-up and got the thumbs up.
Stressful with little oversight
Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Stressful position with little opportunity for advancement. Organization is disorganized from top to bottom with nor structured form of communication in place. No one knows what one another is doing and there is no instruction from upper-management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goPuff. Our community is ready to answer.