goPuff Employee Reviews

The Worst Company I've EVER worked for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 9, 2018
I was a Operations Manager for about 3 months for GoPuff. Before I QUIT. This company promotes YOUNG & IMMATURE glorified Pick Packers into GM's & RM's with 0 management experiences from their main Hub in Philadelphia. These Managers aren't from the area so they don't understand why some of these delivery times are IMPOSSIBLE. The GM make the work environment toxic, they try to intimidate with threats of cutting your hours for minor mistakes. Contacting HR is pointless being that they're located in Philadelphia so ALLLL HR MANAGERS are in "Cahoots" with the GMs & RMs. Lastly, the GM will make promises to Drivers whether it be incentives like, more pay or a day off or whatever was discussed privately and don't hold their end of the bargain. Leaving Operation Managers to deal with disgruntled Drivers in which you totally agree why they're upset. Anybody in the area looking for a job AVOID this place I'm telling you. DRIVERS they are stealing from you! It's not worth it. Peace & Blessings
Pros
Its A Job
Cons
The Entire Upper Management
poor management, lie about wages
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 3, 2018
Don't waste your time! expect to much has one driver at busy times with 2 managers ? no money consideration for car no tips they keep credit card tips
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
to much expected for low pay bad bad management
Fun, Quick-Paced, Really Easy
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 1, 2018
Obviously experiences will vary by the area you're in, so my review doesn't speak for all. This job is by far one of the best I've had. I have another job and my original intent was to work at this job until I had my debt paid off. Now I plan on staying and moving up in the company after witnessing other people move up so fast. I'm a driver now in the Purdue University area and there's times where it's really dead and there's times where we're slammed. In times we've been insanely busy or had a special huge sale going on, all of the drivers got a pay boost and we seem to get rewarded a lot for picking up extra shifts, and I've never had an issue receiving the correct pay for those boosts. I've seen three drivers be promoted to operational managers and the story of how my current GM got promoted really has me inspired to stay with the company and move up. The culture at my location is very laid-back. We love to joke around and have a good time while also providing great service to our customers. That's probably the best part of the job is the people I work with. As a driver, the job is insanely easy. The manager packs your bag and you take it and deliver it. Simple as that. I've seen people on indeed complaining about the pay, but I see it as fair compared to most delivery driver's pay in the area. We always get paid even if we're just sitting at the warehouse doing nothing. Overall, I think this is a great place to work and I only see things improving from here from business growth and good treatment of employees!
Pros
Free food from damaged goods, pay boosts, flexible scheduling, laid-back, fun environment
Cons
Lack of benefits, cost of gas, no real breaks
Terrible work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 9, 2018
My oh my. Hard to sum it up. From drivers refusing to take deliveries or not showing up at all, to the poor communication from all levels of management, this place is a joke. Sure they have a great business idea that’s implemented somewhat decently but when they grew, they got “too big for their britches”. HR will offer benefits then retract them, marketing will promote an event with no notice to local staff, creating a nightmare for delivery times. Every bad review on here is true. Total “bro” culture. Don’t waste your time
Pros
Free expired products, pay is decent
Cons
No scheduled breaks, back breaking work at times, poor communication, no benefits, over worked, high stress
Would Not Recommend!
Driver (Former Employee) –  TucsonNovember 8, 2018
It only took 2 months to see what appeared to be a place you can actually make money and grow with this company is far from the truth. Everything is a guessing game, flexibly is not true either. If you are looking for a job that's okay with you being the favorite employee and or cool with their employees going outside to get high then this is your place. I have never seen such horrible unprofessionalism as well as whom management "likes" you will get more hours! Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else.
Waste of time
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2018
This company is still fairly new so I was patient with the process, but unfortunately I was terminated and HR refused to respond to my request to speak with someone about the situation. (99% of communication is done via email/text) I guess they feel that since this is an "at-will" job it means just that - they can fire you for whatever reason without any explanation and then blatantly ignore you. BEWARE
The General Manager hired too many drivers, resulting in them having to fight for hours, there were no set rules, so whenever someone did something that was deemed inappropriate, they just became the example of what not to do vs having a set of rules for everyone to follow so there's no room for confusion
Pros
relaxed friendly environment
Cons
unorganized
Dont work here
Driver (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 24, 2018
Management takes our tips because it’s electronic. Poor management on the corporate and store level. Do not work here at all, save yourself the hassle especially if you’re looking for supplemental income. Hours are first come first serve but if they feel it’s too many they will cut your hours. Management is rude and have no regard for your safety. This business needs to shut down and hire people who know how to do their job.
Pros
Cons
Where do I begin
A Mess
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2018
GoPuff is a good side job for quick money, but they don’t give you your card or cash tips when done through the app, and you can rarely make more than the base pay of $13/hr. You have to use your own car and gas money so you really only make like $10/hr. It is draining mentally and on your car. The management is horrible and unorganized and there are employees that are bringing the branch down that management won’t fire. It would be a better place if they were fair to their drivers and cared about what they had to say.
Pros
flexibility, choose your shifts
Cons
no discounts, bad pay, stressful, bad management
Overall company is a joke that underpays people and breaks laws
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 19, 2018
I worked as a driver and sr ops manager. The upper management lies to everyone, they pay under minimum wage, and you work as a w9 contractor so they dont need to give you anything. I would never work for them again, or even suggest for anyone too.

You dont pick your hours, it is high stress and a lot of stop and go driving with no vehicle compansation. Most of your tips, which are minimal due to only delivering to college campuses and young adults, are spent on gas, and any card tips basically get taken away from you.

Do not work for them or endorse the use of their company.
Pros
Nome
Loved go puff!!!
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2018
I really miss this company! Great management, owners were awesome as well! They all really took care of us. If you are thinking about driving or working in the warehouse for go puff take it!

Want to know more about goPuff?

Ask a question
Fun and Fast-Paced Atmosphere with a great family-like culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2018
Although the hours for my position were a bit of a struggle in terms of a work/life balance, the atmosphere in the company is fantastic. Everyone cares about working for each other. The company still has a lot to do in terms of backend structuring but it is coming along slowly but surely.
Unprofessional and no integrity
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2018
The management is unprofessional and untrustworthy. Supervisor do not inform drivers about the position. Poor communication and rude to fellow employees and unreasonable expectations of deliveries.
I would not recommend to work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manayunk, PASeptember 22, 2018
This is the most unprofessional company that I have ever worked for. Management and the treatment of contractors is beyond poor. The communication between local management and contractors is practically non-existent. Scheduling is an absolute joke. The removal of scheduled hours and shifts without notice is commonplace with no explanation. The instability of this operation will be it's downfall.
Cons
Poor Management
Read the contract
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 15, 2018
I was offered a position as an operations manager, and the employment contract they sent includes a clause that strips away the rights to all "copywritable material" that I create, along with an obligation to inform them of anything I have created and sign away rights to that as well. If you've signed one of their contracts, you probably signed away the rights to everything in your brain, please think twice before signing on with this company.
Started taking money out of the drivers pockets, literally
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 14, 2018
There were several issues with GoPuff or at least the one I worked at.
1. Management did not talk to each other. I had a discussion with the GM at my branch, when I came in to talk to hm again another manager told me I could not talk to him and wanted to know what we discussed.
I told him and he said I had to talk to corporate even after I told him that me and the GM discussed it regarding this particular office.
2. They use an online scheduling system where the schedule goes live and you pick your hours. The issue is that, as a computer/tech nerd, when the text... yes a text, comes out regarding the schedule being ready... it is not instantaneous. There may be several minutes between one person getting it and another. As soon as the schedule would come live for me... there were no more hours.
3. They began a new pay program where they would cap the credit card tips you would receive to at most $5/hr. I asked them to clarify this and gave them an example of someone who averaged $7.50.hr in CC tips... Their EXACT words, when I asked where the other $2.50 in tips went was as follows. "It goes back to GoPuff corporate." They are literally taking money from drivers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy going atmosphere
Cons
No communication between management, capping CC tip payouts
Growing Pains
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 12, 2018
It's a great place to advance your skills and learn about an emerging industry. BUT the company doesn't come without its growing pains due to it being a start up.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Pay and benefits are 63% below national average
I Would Not Suggest Working Here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 7, 2018
Pros
Flexibility, atmosphere
Cons
Instability, Management
Management is good, but not on a corporate level.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2018
First, the job posting is misleading. You'll only make more than $17 an hour if they desperately need drivers, which will only happen again once everyone quits. You also don't get to keep your tips, unless you're lucky enough to have the customer give you a cash tip. Management can be great, but is a disaster on the corporate level. Also, our managers are overworked and underpaid. Not worth it, look elsewhwere.
Pros
Can be chill some days and you still get paid.
Cons
No breaks, low wages.
Horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 1, 2018
Rude, disorganized, you don’t make $15 an hour it’s all a lie. The higher ups don’t deal with conflict well, the managers are lazy and rude, all around it was awful
Cool and Collaborative work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 31, 2018
Great team of managers to work with, up and coming area for delivery service. Quick deliveries can easily be routed from the warehouse and customers have been especially satisfied with order accuracy and driver delivery times. Order volume has increased significantly since college came back in session, also we've established a reputation for quick and courteous delivery and offer pretty tasty snack items that are often hard to find in a store. This company has expanded fast over the past year and are about to take over the snack delivery game nationwide. We work well with each other and have got a solid foothold in the city now thanks to insight and cooperation from upper level management. Gopuff!
Pros
Flexible hours, Warehouse Logistics experience
Cons
Beltline traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goPuff. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5