goPuff Employee Reviews

Terrible communication and organization
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 18, 2018
Drivers are independent contractors. Anyone in management will be fired for making one single mistake. They have requirements they don't tell you about until after you start, and your phone will constantly be going off. Communication within the company is a nightmare and the organization of the company is atrocious. In my experience, both regional managers I had have terrible interpersonal communication skills. The pay may be tempting, but look elsewhere!
Pros
The pay
Cons
everything else
Poor Management/Stressful environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
Poor management. Everyday it felt like you were left alone on a sinking ship with no help. The work environment went from 10 to 0 within months of working there and was always stressful.
very low pay, false hope, poor communication
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
very long work days, even when you go back home you still have to be on your phone at all times. Low communication from headquarters. I was promised more money and percentage bonuses, that I never got.
Streesful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2018
Initially I enjoyed working at goPuff but then it became too stressful and was poorly managed! I did not enjoy working for this company in the end. I believe my time and patience were both taken advantage of so I decided to pursue other job opportunities.
kinda
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Arizona State University, AZMarch 18, 2018
was an ok place to work and hang out but the pay and the times to work were not the best. the communication wasn't the best so on some work days and weeks it was almost a loss cause in figuring work hours
Relaxed but management too inexperienced
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 13, 2018
A lot of management/corporate office are too young for anyone's good. They may be smart and highly educated but they have no experience running a start-up, which is why most start-ups fail.

The goPuff value proposition is certainly great in writing. In practice the company is giving no value to its customers on the average.

The culture is for those accustomed to the hippie lifestyle.
Pros
apparently there are benefits.
Cons
No set breaks, driving hard on car, low pay, poor inventory management
Not a Place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2018
Very Cutthroat
They did not care about the time and effort you put into the company
they let go of a person not because of their performance just because of their background
Cons
No time off
Company that rips its drivers off
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 10, 2018
$13 an hour with no tips basically.
The company keeps your delivery fee's and card tips, kind of confusing but I'll try to explain. Hour is $13 flat. Your delivery fee you don't get, or if you do you only get about 30 percent of it towards your check and they pocket the rest. OR, if your delivery fee/tips add up to over $13 an hour then you're paid that per hour but if not, you only make thirteen. Such a ripoff.
Tons of miles on your car and tons of cash spent on fuel.
Pros
Alone time
Cons
Terrible pay, no benefits, no bonuses, rarely see cash tips
Terrible corporate management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2018
This company literally could not care less. Instances of racism, harassment and just general borderline hate crimes were treated with a raise for the person in question. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. You live under constant threat of being in a right to work state and being fired at anytime.
Best place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 20, 2018
This place is great to work and get money in your pocket. Everyone there is super friendly, managers are wonderful. They are so helpful when you need them always available to help.
A growing Start Up
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2017
The company is a technology Start Up. There is always a need to address issues and the room for growth.

This jobs requires everyone to be organized, multi-task.
Friendly open workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2017
It was a fun job, does a lot on your car though. A typical day for me consisted of running orders to clients and doing homework between them if there was time. I learned a lot about communicating with customers and how to make them happy.
Worked here for a few months
Inependent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2017
Worked here for a few months. Pay was okay. Most of your work was based on tips. The schedule and work apps need work. Also managers seem incapable of sending out mass messages informing changes in payroll and what not.

I went to pick up more hours this past weekend and was unable to access the app and the next day unable to access the groupme chat. Called in to figure out why and was told that my contract was terminated due to call outs. Back in September, it was my understanding that they were working with my immediate family problems and I asked them to cut my hours for the week. They counted this as call outs. I reached out to the manager and never heard back.

Very unprofessional that I had to call them to find out that I was let go.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
poor management
Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
I never saw the office. Never saw someone who worked here. I saw an ad online to receive $50 square cash every time 10 people used a code if you were approved as a brand ambassador. So I did a little write-up and got the thumbs up.
Stressful with little oversight
Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Stressful position with little opportunity for advancement. Organization is disorganized from top to bottom with nor structured form of communication in place. No one knows what one another is doing and there is no instruction from upper-management.
Overall pretty good, if you're okay with a high stress on-the-go job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 7, 2017
I worked nights, 8pm-1am or so (the busiest time) so I was mostly on the go. Fast-paced, had to deliver within 30mins or less, about a minimum of 5 deliveries a night. It's pretty stressful when you can't find the location or when the customer is rude, but I meet more nice people than rude ones (although they usually still don't tell well, if at all).
Pros
Nice people, VERY chill office environment, can dress however you want
Cons
Have to use your own car & pay for your own gas, very little tips, stressful
Awful Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2017
Don't even consider working here. Comically bad leadership at the corporate level makes it impossible to take the company seriously. goPuff does not care about its employees and will take advantage of you at any opportunity.
High paced work place
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 21, 2017
A typical day of work is that you'll wait for orders to come in and you'll pack the orders then prioritize it for drivers that will then deliver the order in a timely fashion. Certain days you'll be responsible for receiving shipments of goods that you'll go through and then stock or put it in backstock. Lot's of experience and knowledge can be learned about a warehouse and how it operates while working here. The hardest part is that you're always inside a warehouse and you'll be working long days at least 8 hours 6 days a week or more. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you'll be able to meet new people and the people that work there are fun to interact with.
Fun Job great atmosphere
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
This is a great job and as a brand ambassador I get to meet people and interact with them frequently and more importantly promote the GoPuff brand. The supervisor is really cool and so are all my coworkers. I have gained valuable marketing and promotion skills with this job.
Great Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The job and job culture are awesome, everyone is very laid back and nice. Management is very attentive and experienced. Wish it paid more. Also, 24/7 company so expect to work over night.
Pros
Cons
pay