goPuff Employee Reviews

A complete ripoff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 21, 2018
I worked at the Fort Collins location. They had trouble onboarding me. I almost got sent home before my first shift because they couldn't figure out why I couldn't sign into the goDrive app. Then I was misinformed about the pay rate. I thought it was $11/hr plus tips, but it's not. If you make $11/hr or more in tips, that's all you make. Except hardly anyone tips, especially if they pay in cash. So you basically make $11/hr with no compensation for gas or anything. You sit there and wait for a delivery, which is fine. A lot of times they had too many drivers scheduled at once or not enough. The operations managers were laid back, but the general manager was very rude when I asked him why I lost all of my shifts due to an error made by an operations manager. If you want to just drive your car into the ground and have nothing to show for it, this could be the right fit for you. Don't expect any tips. Oh, and myself and other people have been sent home and missed shifts because they can't figure out how their own app system works.
Pros
Free outdated snacks because you'll need them since you make no money
Cons
Needing free outdated snacks because you make no money
Overall company is a joke that underpays people and breaks laws
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 19, 2018
I worked as a driver and sr ops manager. The upper management lies to everyone, they pay under minimum wage, and you work as a w9 contractor so they dont need to give you anything. I would never work for them again, or even suggest for anyone too.

You dont pick your hours, it is high stress and a lot of stop and go driving with no vehicle compansation. Most of your tips, which are minimal due to only delivering to college campuses and young adults, are spent on gas, and any card tips basically get taken away from you.

Do not work for them or endorse the use of their company.
Pros
Nome
Loved go puff!!!
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2018
I really miss this company! Great management, owners were awesome as well! They all really took care of us. If you are thinking about driving or working in the warehouse for go puff take it!
Unprofessional and no integrity
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2018
The management is unprofessional and untrustworthy. Supervisor do not inform drivers about the position. Poor communication and rude to fellow employees and unreasonable expectations of deliveries.
I would not recommend to work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manayunk, PASeptember 22, 2018
This is the most unprofessional company that I have ever worked for. Management and the treatment of contractors is beyond poor. The communication between local management and contractors is practically non-existent. Scheduling is an absolute joke. The removal of scheduled hours and shifts without notice is commonplace with no explanation. The instability of this operation will be it's downfall.
Cons
Poor Management
Read the contract
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 15, 2018
I was offered a position as an operations manager, and the employment contract they sent includes a clause that strips away the rights to all "copywritable material" that I create, along with an obligation to inform them of anything I have created and sign away rights to that as well. If you've signed one of their contracts, you probably signed away the rights to everything in your brain, please think twice before signing on with this company.
Started taking money out of the drivers pockets, literally
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 14, 2018
There were several issues with GoPuff or at least the one I worked at.
1. Management did not talk to each other. I had a discussion with the GM at my branch, when I came in to talk to hm again another manager told me I could not talk to him and wanted to know what we discussed.
I told him and he said I had to talk to corporate even after I told him that me and the GM discussed it regarding this particular office.
2. They use an online scheduling system where the schedule goes live and you pick your hours. The issue is that, as a computer/tech nerd, when the text... yes a text, comes out regarding the schedule being ready... it is not instantaneous. There may be several minutes between one person getting it and another. As soon as the schedule would come live for me... there were no more hours.
3. They began a new pay program where they would cap the credit card tips you would receive to at most $5/hr. I asked them to clarify this and gave them an example of someone who averaged $7.50.hr in CC tips... Their EXACT words, when I asked where the other $2.50 in tips went was as follows. "It goes back to GoPuff corporate." They are literally taking money from drivers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy going atmosphere
Cons
No communication between management, capping CC tip payouts
Growing Pains
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 12, 2018
It's a great place to advance your skills and learn about an emerging industry. BUT the company doesn't come without its growing pains due to it being a start up.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Pay and benefits are 63% below national average
I Would Not Suggest Working Here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 7, 2018
Pros
Flexibility, atmosphere
Cons
Instability, Management
Management is good, but not on a corporate level.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2018
First, the job posting is misleading. You'll only make more than $17 an hour if they desperately need drivers, which will only happen again once everyone quits. You also don't get to keep your tips, unless you're lucky enough to have the customer give you a cash tip. Management can be great, but is a disaster on the corporate level. Also, our managers are overworked and underpaid. Not worth it, look elsewhwere.
Pros
Can be chill some days and you still get paid.
Cons
No breaks, low wages.
Horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 1, 2018
Rude, disorganized, you don’t make $15 an hour it’s all a lie. The higher ups don’t deal with conflict well, the managers are lazy and rude, all around it was awful
Cool and Collaborative work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 31, 2018
Great team of managers to work with, up and coming area for delivery service. Quick deliveries can easily be routed from the warehouse and customers have been especially satisfied with order accuracy and driver delivery times. Order volume has increased significantly since college came back in session, also we've established a reputation for quick and courteous delivery and offer pretty tasty snack items that are often hard to find in a store. This company has expanded fast over the past year and are about to take over the snack delivery game nationwide. We work well with each other and have got a solid foothold in the city now thanks to insight and cooperation from upper level management. Gopuff!
Pros
Flexible hours, Warehouse Logistics experience
Cons
Beltline traffic
F- this place and business
Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 29, 2018
The managers will lie to you and assure you will make more than you actually will. They'll take your cash tips too. Not a good place to work at all. Just another capitalist-minded company invading Athens.
Pros
Getting to be lazy on the job I guess?
Cons
Everything else
Fun work space
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2018
Besides driving by yourself being bored and alone it was actually a fun job. Everybody got along very well. It was like a big family.. whenever you needed something somebody was there for you. It was well organized and fun to be there.
Pros
Team work, organized. Fun environment
poor work enviorment
Full Time Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2018
The work environment is poor, management is self serving, parking situation sucks, traffic is terrible, and the deliver estimate is unrealistic for the Seattle area
goPuff Experience
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2018
This company is continuously on the rise in the Norfolk area. It has only been a few months since it's been in Norfolk, but I always get rave reviews about the goPuff app and the quick service. I visualize much more success for the company, especially if we continue to have good people on the staff.
Great and Fun Place to work for!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 22, 2018
I have been with the company a little over a month now, and have enjoyed every minute of being with a company that is growing and strives to meet the customer needs. They empower you as a GM to run your location the way you want with great support from upper management! I recommend anyone that is a entrepreneur to definitely give this company a try, you wont regret it!
Waist of time and gas
Waist of time (Former Employee) –  Gopuff in generalAugust 20, 2018
Not organized at all i mean it AT ALL.

You dont really want to use your car for 15 $ and hour.
It is a busy place and please don't think of tips cus the customers tip on the app expecting the driver will have it but nono. They keep it and exhaust you and your vehicle.
Doing UBEREATS, CAVIER,POSTMATES. is way better than this joke here

No no no
Absolutely do not recomend
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 15, 2018
The business will go under sooner than later. Inexperienced managers making completely incorrect business decision are going to cause the company to go under but no one above cares about a more
legally correct business standard to build upon. The company has money backing it somehow so far but since it is new but that only lasts for so long. Hard work towards a strong business structure mean nothing to the company. It only care about making moves whether they are completely hurting the future success of the business. I don't get it at all.
Pros
Promised advancement but it wont last.
Cons
Horrible management. Illegal requirements.
Unprofessional
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2018
You don’t get to choose your hours; they give you a set schedule each week. The management is unprofessional, & some have criminal records. They’re are never enough drivers to deliver orders, and many routinely call off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goPuff. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6