Gordmans Employee Reviews

Bad environment in appleton
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 23, 2018
Couldn’t work with my schedule at all and I got let go after I wasn’t able to work the cashiering shifts I was scheduled for because I got a concussion and couldn’t look at the computer screen.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Attire, slow work, non flexible hours
Great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 17, 2018
Loved working here, everyone was so great and the experience was amazing. The hardest part about this place would have been the scheduling, a lot of times it was all over the place but if you're not in school or have a second job it's perfect
Friendly Coworkers and Management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 17, 2018
Everyone I have worked with at Gordmans has been very friendly and helpful. Whenever I didn't know how to do something, I wouldn't shy away from asking for help.
Pros
Clean break room, friendly and helpful.
Cons
Short breaks, not very many benefits.
Great people, annoying work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 15, 2018
I love working for Gordmans, my coworkers and especially management are great, but the work is tedious and boring. I requested to work in hardlines or softlines, but got stuck at Guest Service, which isn't ideal, and if it weren't for the friends I've made I would have quit a long time ago.
the hardest part of the job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, INMay 10, 2018
The only bad part of working at Gordman's was the fact it was going out of business and trying to deal with people being rude to you all the time. And trying to make sure that you help the people that need help.
Pros
breaks
Cons
went out of busniess
No longer a warehouse
Department Lead Carton Check-In / Bulk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clayton, INMay 9, 2018
The warehouse I worked in has been closed and is no longer a place of employment for gordmans. It was a fun place but competing online stores have moved the brick and morter stores out.
fun place to work
Key Leader of Juniors (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 8, 2018
It was a great place to work for. Very small, not too many people work there. It is always busy. Lots of good prices. Employees were great to work with.
Nice place to work
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 7, 2018
It is a fast paced place to work especially on the weekends. What makes the job enjoyable is the people you meet and your co-workers. You are given the chance to move around through the store working in different departments so there is room to move up if you that is what you would like to do.
Sucks.
Assistant Lead/Junior Dept. (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 30, 2018
Worked here for several years and loved it at first. We were all a big family. However, we under went new management who didn't even care to learn someones name. DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
everything else
I loved this job
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 25, 2018
Everything about this job was wonderful. From the people I worked with, to the management, to the break times, to the hours compared to my home life everything was perfect
Pros
Great people, good hours, awesome management
Fun place to work for we all help and work as a team
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 24, 2018
I learn a lot and it was my high school job part time not full time. I love the manager was friendly with is makes the day goes faster and days are short and fun.
Pros
30 mins
Cons
No heathcare
Easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2018
Great temporary job! Very convenient for myself! It was super easy to learn the roles and the department areas. You would work by yourself. You were cross-trained as a cashier as well as a department associate.
Productive and Fun Work Environement
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2018
Busy on freight days, staff helped each other and worked as a team to get freight worked.
Managers were hands on and involved in the sales floor.
Culture was open door, the ability to express yourselves and upper management listened was outstanding.
Holidays were the hardest part of the job. Morale was good as the managers worked the floor, gave out candy to the team and the guests.
The most enjoyable part was working with the staff, having fun on the shift, and the interaction with guests.
Pros
Free lunches, candy, contests, healthcare
Cons
Payroll constraints
If only!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 20, 2018
I would have worked here forever, if only the pay would have been on par with my current career. That being said its a great pay for retail! as it's not meant to be lived off of, but it got me through schooling and into a career. I even held it and my career down for a while. I do miss my amazing coworkers!!! <3 I never would have left if I didn't have to. Management my things as simple as possible, and everyone there worked really hard and made sure things got done. We had an awesome team, man if we could go back in time though! haha. Corporate is awesome too! They had spirit week and gave us goodies for the 30th anniversary or something, I still use my bag.
Pros
good genuine workers, team atmosphere, ability to move up within company
Cons
benefits only for managerial positions usually (sometimes full time, but it was hard to be considered full time), low pay unless you move up within
Positive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 18, 2018
Gordmans was a great employer and it was fun working seasonal holidays to gain appreciation for a regular schedule. Fun team members and a lovely and colorful work environment
Stressful
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 16, 2018
At the time I worked for Gordmans managers hours were long. Not a good work life balance. The most enjoyable part was getting to know your customers. Getting to see new freight come in.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
Not a good work-life balance
Great coworkers
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  MissouriApril 14, 2018
Great co workers but poor management from stages (the company that owns Gordmans). If you dont get enough guests to sign up for credit cards it affects your raise. Unfair.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Unfair raises and management
Wouldn’t recommend
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 13, 2018
I worked here during my first season of high school cheer and found it very difficult to work around that considering the management was not willing to schedule me around cheer practice. I was also often bored when it was slow since we didn’t have chores to do
Very enjoyable environment
Director, Internal Audit and Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2018
Offices were very nice. Culture was excellent. Management was fair and recognized effort. Enjoyed time working with the Gordmans Team. Was a fast paced environment as the Company was in a turnaround status.
It was ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 9, 2018
It was a good place to work and get experience and learn more about yourself with Others an it was good people there to help u with training an also they very respectful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordmans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight