Gordon Food Service Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 1,262 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Gordon Food Service offers a broad range of employment opportunities throughout our corporate offices, distribution centers, and over 170 retail stores. We have a strong commitment to our employees and foster an environment that promotes internal growth, training, and career development opportunities. Gordon Food Service distributes to food service operators throughout the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast regions of the U.S. and coast to coast in Canada.
Explore Gordon Food Service
You’re seeing all 923 jobs at Gordon Food Service because we can’t find any available jobs at Gordon Food Service close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 4.8K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Loading and Stocking
Employees at Gordon Food Service have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What is the best part of working at the company? Customer service with people, I enjoyed assisting our customers with our products. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Everytime a Corporate dork would show up for inspection and unnecessary floor print changes, creating an atmosphere of anxiety.....changing for the sake of change! What is a typical day like for you at the company? Briefly: pull spoilage, post signage, stock what is available, clean work areas, unload and shelf daily delivery....all while assisting customers.
Great company with strong values that they adhere to. Pay and schedule are good but the work is physical and can be challenging. I am happy to work here.
Management is a joke. Only look out for their favorites witch is usually little girls. There is a constant rotation of new people since everyone come to realize how bad the Job is.
The pay is very good for the position I recently got hired on as a 2nd shift custodian it’s starts at 17.23 an hour plus incentives with a lot of benefits there a very good company to work for
GFS has taught me a lot about customer service and leadership. While it has its downsides, overall the company is very appreciative of ALL its employees.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 305 questions about working at Gordon Food Service. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Gordon Food Service employees.
Insights from 583 Indeed users who have interviewed with Gordon Food Service within the last 5 years.
27yrs production work in the lumber mill and many and many of years heavy duty forklift operating experience as well.
What experience at your previous job will have a positive impact on this position?
They asked about why you would want to work there and past job experiences. They also ask about your customer service knowledge and what you'd do in a certain situation such as customer confrontation
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Gordon Food Service?Published on May 24, 2021
- Gordon Food Service