Play YouTube video button

United States1,231 reviews
Found 1,231 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Gordon Food Service selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for
I enjoy going to work every day. It's a great place to work and like the people that I work with. There are very understanding and treat every one the same. They are flexible and family oriented and understand that we all have families. When we get to work we have a quick meeting then stretch. Then you get your route and start picking. The hardest part is trying to get done when

others are picking in the same place as you. The best part is trying to get a high percentage so your incentive is really worth it.

whenothers are picking in place as you and slow you down. The best part is hitting a high percentage knowing your inconvenience will be worth it
April 20, 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback on the job, we're glad you find it so rewarding! Keep up the good work.
Excellent company
Former work. This is a great company to work for. Like the old saying, sometimes the grass isn’t green on the other side, I truly miss working for this company, especially now that I really understand the business.
N/a
It is a good company to work for. A lot of northern store not many in the south. Pay is decent. Management is okay not too bad and not too great. I enjoyed working there.
Decent
Wasn't a bad job. Other than management it was a relatively decent job and decent employees. I was fired however because I missed one to many days. I had to call if Sunday night because my grandma was on her death bed.
Gordon is okay
Decent job.never a dull moment. Fast paced. Freezer is the best position. Just wish they'd pay more. So many duties in such little time. Hussle is required.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Family
They will look out for you give you all the tools you need to do the job. Hours are not bad start in the morning Finnish in the afternoon. Once you are done all your stops
Pros
Off on the weekends
Cons
None yet
Good start place overall
Good pay. Decent management. I'd still be there if I hadn't had an accident. They will also give opportunities for drivers coming right out of school.
Cultrue
Culture has changed over the years. There has been a steady decline in culter as years has gone on and the company became more focused on results rather than the people.
Na
No driver safety,People not friendly or working together is very difficult. Leaders don’t follow the rules that is in place for everyone. There is favorable work for friends and family members in the work place.
N/a
Call if you want further GFS information. There are good points with GFS and negative area's due to management and and other departments. Wrong leaders.
GFS is a great place to work. The benefits are great.
Gordon Food Sevice is a great place for a career not just a job. Family owned and they really care about their employees. Sales is great if you hustle.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weekend work
Great Retail Experience
Overall I enjoyed my time working at Gordon Food Services. The workflow was fast-paced most of the time soy ou could just bury yourself in work and the day would just fly by.
Good Place to Start
Great opportunity for new driver. Wasn't for mistakes I'd still be there. Management has gotten better and the location as a whole. Routes were pretty decent for the travel you completed.
Control of your schedule-mostly
Overall, you have control of your schedule which is great. You need to be able to pivot your schedule consistently due to numerous and consistent out of stocks. This would impact meetings, presentations, prospecting, etc.
Family owned food service distributor
Overall fair company with good benefits. Most departments were paid fairly and were satisfied with their compensation package. Profit sharing at the end of the year was key.
Understaffed/Unrealistic expectations
Never given enough hours to meet expectations. Management spends more time doing associate types of tasks rather than actually being able to build a good workplace culture. Very physical. Women not valued. Sales associates are undervalued and underpaid. Refusal to pay a living wage makes it difficult for managers to get employees who care
Great employer to work at.
Would highly recommend working for Gordon Foods, great place to work at. A great management team along with the rest of the staff members. I've been working for Gordon's for about six months now and i'm well pleased with my decision to work for them.
April 20, 2020
We're glad to have you! We work hard to develop our team members interested in leadership, so many of our drivers become management! Glad to hear you're having a great experience, keep up the good work!
Great pay!
It's the first job that I could actually see
my pay check increased by the amount of effort I put it. The harder you work the more you make. It's also a great job for a introvert or extrovert because of the work pace.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shifts
April 20, 2020
We try hard to provide a pay structure that rewards performance, so we're glad to hear you see the results, and thank you for working hard!
Great Culture
Overall great company to work for. Culture is something other places lack. Management has somethings to improve upon but normally show care in employees. People....the people is what makes Gordon's a great place to work.
April 20, 2020
We're pretty fond of the people too. Culture is really important to Gordon Food Service, especially being a family owned company. Thank you for working hard, we appreciate all you do!
Like A Family
I worked for the Gordon family for just a little over a year and it was probably the best employment experience I've had so far in my life. Management is extremely approachable and supportive. Co-workers in my department were more like extended family who watched out and took care of you. Profit-sharing program is incredible and if you work their for 20 years you are almost guaranteed to be a sitting millionaire in the 401k plan. At my DC of 600+ employees the General Manager would walk around almost everyday and just check in with everyone. He would just spark up a conversation about how your weekend was going or how you were feeling. The most humble and down to earth GM I've ever seen. Just an overall amazing company. I can only speak to the Northeast DC but I am sure its similar at the other DC'.
A great family owned Christian company with a culture of integrity, caring and growth oriented
Freedom to learn, grow and feel important. People are what makes GFS great. I would not have stayed at GFS for 33 years if the work environment was not conducive to staying. In today's workplace, people change jobs too often. Not the case here.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight