Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

Great Company
Customer Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Unfortunately for me, I was not good at direct sales. GFS is actually the only employer in my life that wasn't a hospitality job.
good coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2018
coworkers are quite enjoyable and fun to work with, along with the enjoyable and understanding management, will work with you to make sure that you understand the inner workings well
Great place to work for a second job
Produce Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 14, 2018
Great place to work for second job. There isn’t advancement opportunity. Costumers are great. Very fast paced and a lot of lifting. Need to be able to multi task
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough training
New market makes job extremely difficult
Customer Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
This company is established in other areas of the country, but Texas is an emerging market and it is extremely difficult to give great customer service due to issues with the warehouse, transportation, inventory, etc. We are not paid enough for the difficulties that we encounter on a daily basis. While I believe that the company itself is great, we are not seeing that in Texas. Communication is lacking, money is taken away from us, and our jobs are too hard.
Pros
Good benefits, nice people we work with
Cons
Run terribly. Too many issues that are repeated and never fixed. Communication is awful.
Its what you would expect
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 14, 2018
Its a retail job, lots of employee turnover. Upper Management has a god complex. Store manager does the bare minimum, the assistant manager thinks shes god and if you don't kiss her butt she will find away to get you fired. Can be stressful at times but its a job.
Pros
me some great people
Good Conpany
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 8, 2018
Gordon’s is an awesome company. Just in the area I worked I experienced discrimination and I was under paid. If your going to work for Gordon’s don’t work in the Tennessee area and don’t take the van position in less you plan on working but not being paid correctly. Bad management in that area. And probably won’t ever drive the van. Any other area I would highly recommend Gordon’s. They are a awesome company.
Pros
Benefits, stable company
Cons
Underpaid for position, bad management
Great Family owned company
System Administrator - Marketplace Production Team (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2018
GFS was great family company that likes to run lean. So opportunity to work on all systems and feel involved in the companies growth that was substantial at the time.
Pros
Great environment
Contracted through TekSystems
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 3, 2018
Great place to work, great people, great atmosphere, but I was only contracted through TekSystems, so not much to say about the companies benefits. Enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great people
one day a week
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
the store i worked at was new and we were told we'd get lots of hours and days only to end up working one day a week for 8 hours, barely anyone shopped at the store unless it was during the rush, only on cashier and manager and 2 floor walkers in a big store.
Good company, bad leadership at the Dc where I worked
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMay 2, 2018
Good company, bad management at the distribution center where I worked. They did not utilize my experience to the fullest benefit of the sales force.
Pros
Great company, good benefits
Cons
Too many meetings about nothing as well as a culture that was demeaning to mid level employees
Productive and Active Work Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 2, 2018
Great job, awesome management who looks out for the best interest of its employees. Expect to work as you build friendships with co-workers and customers. Scheduling is modified to fit the needs of each employee with the expectation that high quality work is maintained at all times. Excellent job experience!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
really good cultured comapny
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMay 1, 2018
if your a diesel mechanic and like being in a company that actually cares and rewards you for effort. this is it. if i could've stayed i would've amazing benefits and excellent training
It’s horrible
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 30, 2018
There is no advancement at this job or with this company. Put in for the full time position I didn’t get it however someone who had been there for 5 months did get it. I never called in and stayed when asked. Got raving reviews from customers and still was passed up. Horrible benefits and horrible management.
Great Company
Customer Development Specialist, (Salesman) (Former Employee) –  East KentuckyApril 28, 2018
Great Company. If I was to open a restaurant I would only buy from Gordon Food Service. They gave opportunity to make as much money as i wanted to make.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, IN 47129April 26, 2018
It was a great place to work. I had a lot of fun working there. It was a very diverse work environment. The managers were all friendly and understanding.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not good about giving raises on time.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHApril 26, 2018
Here everyone is fun to work with and the management here is great. They are very kind people that are understanding when you have a issue at home . I love them
Pros
The vibe
N/a
Replenishment Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 25, 2018
Good place to work. Decent pay as well good benefits. Hours fluctuate depending on season and school year. Opportunity for growth in warehouse and transportation.
Fast paced grocery store in a prime location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2018
It was my very first job and I feel it was a good one. In the end I left for something more fitting to my student athlete schedule but I value the experience I gained at GFS.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Work/life balance
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
If you enjoy working in -30 degree freezer with pallet jacks and RF scanners that work half the time then this is the job for you. You get paid to work out constantly lifting 1-80lbs from 12-18 hours a day overtime is mandatory and you work up to 6 days a week. Only upside is the pay which really isn’t that great it only seems that way because of all the hours worked.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Mandatory freezer work. Shoddy equipment. Management.
Okay
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MI 49022April 13, 2018
The work hours compare to good workers versus bad ones is kind of puzzling. It's an okay and not as much stressful but the privileges that management give people sometimes can be kind of annoying. Overall their is favoritism and also bad apple employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight