Gorham House logo

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Work-Life Balance

Used to be fun!

You are expected to do more than just your job. Multiple times people call out or not scheduled you are expected to pick up the slack for no extra money, and no thank you.

Pros

Residents and some coworkers are worth coming back for.

Cons

Wages do not reflect the amount you expected to perform!

Nice place to work. Insurance could be cheaper

I recommend Gorham house for CNA work. Reasonable priced for pay . would like cheaper insurance to have full-time job. More holidays for holiday pay.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough holiday paid days

I enjoy working and helping the men that I supervise

A typical work day would consist of checking each resident demeanor, also that the house is comfortable and in good living conditions. I have an open door policy at all times.

Sucks

They aren’t professional everyone does drugs and drama They act like they care but don’t , staff argues and I had a staff member yell at me for her wrong

Pros

Nothing the residents

Maint

Do not work here and I mean don't work at gorham house I got fire being on my phone on my break people there very mean and disrespectful and bully you around I never called out but they want be lazy and I was not allowed talk so dont go here it drama high school

Pros

Poor

Cons

Drama school

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Lovely residents, poor management

I use to love working here. I was by far one of the hardest and most dedicated employees until things started changing. Staff started getting overwhelmed with lack of aid from management, which caused drama. The worst part of the job is two faced people and management not listening. Residents are the only reason I wanted to even show up anymore...

Wonderful, supportive, family environment.

Gorham House is an amazing place to work. It is great to be a part of this team and family-like culture. The staff, residents and family members make Gorham House a really rewarding place to work.

Coworkers and Residents became family

I enjoyed working at the Gorham House and got to know a variety of people and felt like I belonged. This was my first place working as a CNA and I developed in skills and confidence while employed here.

Poor leadership at the Administrator level

Administrator is way to competitive and lacks basic business sense. Everything is based aesthetically without functionality being considered. Long time employees are fleeing this dictatorship

I loved working at the Gorham House. Especially my residents. The only thing that was hard when on some units wouldn't work together. So, therefore, people would hurt their backs. Other than that, I loved it there!

Jobs at Gorham House

See more jobs

Curtins don't match the drapes

Will lure you in with good words but when you are in they will work you like a dog and expect you to juggle many hats. Management hides in an office pretending not to know what is going on. Not a good place to work and feel appreciated.

horrible

don't work here...employees can be very mean and show no emotion! and most of the employees complained about their pay and disliking the job! and management was the worst i had ever seen!!

Love my Job!

Started working in the skilled unit 3 years ago. It's an awesome floor to work on. We work hard but we also have lots of fun. The DON has worked very diligently on increasing our ability to provide higher levels of care. We now manage PICC lines with medications, tube feedings, wound care, wound vacs, manage chronic conditions, phlebotomy, trach care and very soon to start peripheral IV training, so we can start our own IVs. We've just hired a new nurse educator to help with keeping the nursing staff up to date. The Gorham House is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is friendly, caring and we work as a team. Our aides are the best. They work very hard and provide excellent care. I couldn't ask for a better place to work! Stop in and check us out!

Pros

Great co-workers, team players

Productive and fun place to work.

I loved working here. Everyone was amazing including the patients. I'd love to come back to work here. The Gorham House was such a nice, clean, safe place for the workers and the patients and there families.

Pros

Nice work environment. Nice co workers and management

Cons

None that i can think of.

Nurse Burn Out

The Director and Heads of Nursing had very unreal expectations for one person, low morale of the majority of staff. No collaboration or support for low man on the totem pole. No raise or appreciation in 2 years of working above and beyond my job.

Pros

Cons

working there

OK- Management difficult

Wonderful work atmosphere, coworkers and nursing very kind. Management seemed very careless to employee needs, but otherwise a decent place to work. Pay at the time wasn't very good, whatsoever, and benefits very overpriced.

Terrible place to work

I quit there because I was being written up or getting introuble because the other maintince guys sat around and did nothing and everything got left on me.. my last day I was on my lunch break my supervisor walked in and told me he should fire me for taking a lunch break. So I decided to leave before things got worse.

Great Workplace

After working here for over a year I got very comfortable and competent of my job. I loved training new employees and giving them helpful tips to make their experience better by working smarter and safer. I got very close to numerous co-workers and developed great teamwork strategies, and we would all look out for each other. The hardest part of my job was floating between all of the units so some residents I wouldn't see as often as others, and change occurred in the meantime. The best part of this job was the bonds I was able to make with the residents.

Not the job for everyone

"Skilled Nursing"?... "Rehabilitation"... not exactly, the most I ever saw was about 70% skilled nursing, the rest is long term. Tube feeding was the most you'll see for invasive treatment. No IV, no PIC, not even a blood draw except for glucose check. Night shift has a "roller coaster" schedule for RNs, working days every other Friday. Majority of the CNAs are great, PT/OT & physician personnel are great... that's the only staff I feel is worth mentioning. Certainly not the best paying jobs, very short orientation, no real advancement opportunities, lack of mentorship development programs. These are my personal thoughts, others certainly may feel differently.

Pros

I'll have to come back to this one

Cons

Lack of Mentorship, orientation time, support

awesome girls to work with, love all the CNA's there! They are who make that place

The CNA's are a wonderful team to work with, most are all team players and have a heart of gold! We all try to help one another out, its like working with family. There are times when we could have more hands but the hands that we have for that day are never sitting and relaxing: they are always on the go. Hard workers and should have better pay

Cons

health benefits, pay

Great people to work with ,great team work!!

My day would start out checking in on all my patients and then proceed in with breakfast the help them with bathing then worked with OT or PT for each patient to get them stronger, to get them home .Morning was the busiest time of my day! my favorite part of my job was to see these patients go home and they thanked me for all my hard work when they did all the work . What a great feeling it give you to see all them walk out that door.

Pros

working with great co-works

Cons

it can get stressful at times when work load got heavy
  • Gorham House
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?