Gorman & Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Leasing specialist (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 20, 2018
everyone is nice and helpful. residents are really nice and friendly. quick paced. a lot of employee engagement. fast to help on another from building to building.
It gave me a chance to meet great people and provide them with exceptional custermer service.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2018
A typical day was making sure that I took care of any issues as soon as my day started and if any new ones arose. I did my best to mitigate them as soon as possible. I learned section 42 affordable housing program. It was amazing to see how and what the governments does for my tenants that use this program. I loved how it did it's best to make them feel no less than anyone else.
Pros
Benefits and bonuses
Cons
Not enough hours to do everything needed.
Great Culture, Awesome Company!
Multi Site Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 9, 2018
Gorman & Company has an amazing Culture that we pretty much live by every day. We have a great training and mentoring program and coworkers are always there to help and support.

I love that there is no micro management. Upper Management puts a lot of trust into their employees. They are there to support you, listen to you and guide you.

Yes, it can be stressful, but any Property Management job can be. Gorman expects all employees to live by the Company’s Core Values which only makes each person strive to be and do the best they can. Treat people good and deliver excellent customer service. That’s not hard to do.

Employees have left but ultimately have come back, which i believe says a lot about the company.

There isn’t another company out there that I’d rather be a part of.
Pros
Earned time, benefits, supportive upper management
Great Company to Work For
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I enjoy coming to work each day knowing that no two days are the same in property management. We have senior management that genuinely invests in our success and fosters a fun and respectable company culture. I look forward to meeting new people on a day to day basis which, on occasion, can also be the most challenging part of my work. It is reassuring to know that my co-workers and supervisors are motivated, ethical, knowledgeable people who support the work I do and decisions I make.
Pros
An energetic and positive company culture
Fun place to work and awesome opportunities to advance
Multi Site Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2018
A very fun and relaxed environment. Based on a teamwork work mentality. Management is awesome, they will listen and help you meet your potential. Great salary and awesome potential bonuses.
fast paced innovative company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work! A fast paced work environment with a lot of growth opportunity and training. Promotes within and genuinely cares about there employees and tenants. Positive culture!
Pros
Great Benefit package!
Cons
none that I can think of
"Fun place to work"
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee RegionJanuary 16, 2018
I like the way people think here - it's rational and reasonable and the tone overall is friendly and cool-headed. The company is doing very well and investing in itself aggressively to grow, expand, and broaden its offerings. Things aren't perfect but leaders really do listen and care, and try to improve anything that's broken.
Pros
- Work/Life Balance
Cons
Can't think of any cons right now
Great and growing
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 16, 2018
A growing and diverse company that values the employees who work hard and take pride in their jobs. Some growing pains in 2017 due to development of many types of affordable properties.
Pros
Benefits, room for growth, culture
Cons
Fast paced
dirty
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2018
they do not wash top cover to any bed, but they do have a few washed and folded in laundry. typical day at work normally was cool fun and full of laughter from all parties of the brewhouse. i learned that no matter how hard u work and no matter how many laughs there were with supervisors and managers and other co workers.we were never a family working to better the same environment. betrayle is the number 1 goal in this place of work. theres a few happy spirit people but those behind the door (smh) truly a different face when walking out. The co workers all of different are got along and always worked together. it would still be a Great place if the supervisor never showed up. fired everybody that was there before he/she arrived. hardest part of this job was opening up to people who never cared just wanted u to do it all even if it wasn't in your job description.
Pros
free lunch in every 2-3 months
Cons
users. careless & liars
Great culture, great company, great people!
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Oregon, WIDecember 29, 2017
Gorman & Company is one of the best places I have ever worked. The company has a great culture, we follow the Fish! Philosophy. We have awesome benefits! The company really cares about their team members. I would highly recommend the company to others as a great place to work!
Pros
Holiday party, summer baseball game, fun events.

Want to know more about Gorman & Company, Inc.?

Ask a question
Sad place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 15, 2017
First off let me say there's no diversity of culture .
Management is favoritism..Hard work low pay no advancement ever. Nothing never together..very hard on the employees when u have to go the extra mile.. Management lounges while the housekeeper bust their butts.. Rules are never followed and never encourage
Pros
Cons
No advancement.favortisum
Waste of time
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 6, 2017
This company boasts "in-depth" training...that's a joke! I was left to fend foe myself with almost no training or experience.
Management do not communicate, and there is a huge breakdown between corporate and other locations!
Pros
Local
Cons
Terrible management, poor training
No advancement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2017
This company will expect you to bend over back wards but yet no advancement. With highly favoritism other employees. No diversity of culture. Nothing is ever together. Management is ruling. Employees are treated in a bad manner. If one employee is highly favorable no matter if they wrong you are still discipline. The other employee choose to do what they want when they want with no disciplinary action taken upon them. Even when other employees speak of it management choose to over look good employees..
Pros
Earned time
Cons
No breaks. Poor mangement
Community-minded, nice management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Madison propertiesSeptember 25, 2017
Gorman and Co. is another real estate property developer and management company. They approach the building of new properties from a "what does this area need?" approach. The owner was very present and made sure employees received thank you for work done exceptionally well or for longevity.

I was recruited away by a departing manager and say if I had it do over again, I would have stayed with this company.
Best in Industry
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 8, 2017
The folks at this company are some to the most professional, competent, and friendly I've seen in the indutrsy. Great culture percolates from the CEO on down.
Maintenance of all apartments, buildings, and grounds
Full time Service (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 9, 2017
The company is a good company, need to give more support to their properties. Tenants were great, manager needed more training, co workers were good.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Work load was too big-not enough help
Wonderful team to work with
Executive Assistant to COO (Former Employee) –  Oregon, WIMay 4, 2017
Gorman & Company has a wonderful team environment! I learned a lot about the nature of the business and enjoyed gaining new skills that I can carry through my life.
Excellent place of employment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oregon, WIApril 10, 2017
Gorman & Co., cares about it employees, their opinions and concerns. They listen to their employees. Hardest part of the job is to balance work and home.
great!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2017
This sesonal outdoor job has been great, lots of grass cuttin small construction jobs near the propertys and most of all maintence near the end of the season my boss needs to find work for me witch is not accecpted i need fasure hours.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53204February 24, 2017
Terrible upper management. Not enough support or training. Stressful job locations. A lot wrong with the buildings and not enough in the budget to fix them. Lack of communication. Dont value good employees.
Pros
good food during meetings
Cons
poor upper management