Goshen Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great!
Physician (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCJuly 25, 2018
Great place to work and gain experience. Typical 8-5 with great support staff and onsite laboratory. Quiet laid back community. Diverse mix of patients.
Not true to ethos
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 24, 2018
I was very excited when I was first hired with this company but quickly realized that the idealistic goals of the company were a facade fabricated to hide the true intent - greed. I love the idea of a healthcare facility dedicated to patient driven care, unfortunately, Goshen falls short.
Pros
employer paid healthcare
Cons
low wages, unreasonable workload, high staff/patient ratios
Stressful
SITE LEADER (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 11, 2018
Site leader duties were constantly being increased with no increase in salary. Some staff were not happy and it was carried over in the work with patients. Management was not always available and hardly ever returned any calls or emails.
Pros
Travel mileage was paid
Cons
no breaks, no cost of living increases, low salary for area
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCMay 30, 2018
I really enjoyed my co-workers. It is a really good working environment but the pay is too low. I was offered $14.00 as a bilingual nurse. I was asked to interpret on a daily basis but would not pay me more.
Pros
Free lunches, Coworkers, No holidays, Saturdays from 8-1 every 4-5 weeks
Cons
Pay!
overall it was a pleasent experience for me.
Medical Assisting Student Practicum (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed my student practicum with Goshen and I would love an opportunity to work full time with their company. I was able to learn a lot from the staff I was placed at one of the Clinton offices, but other students were placed and several other Goshen offices and we all had good experiences.
Ok place to work at various locations in the state of NC.
Physician (Former Employee) –  Faisons, NCSeptember 30, 2017
The nursing assistants were excellent. The only finding is a low salaried compensation working daily. Sometimes lack of vaccinations available and other in-office equipment is needed. This would include crash cart, available medications, etc.
Pros
1 hour lunch break for physicians
Cons
Low salary for position. Lot's of time working with the EHR. Not unreasonable
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Southport, NC 28461May 19, 2017
Very poorly run organization. Employees suggestions and needs are not valued. Working in the office is pleasant because the staff is wonderful but working for a large corporate organization that is a long ways away is not.
Pros
office staff, physical building
Cons
poor corporate
Nice place to work but too much to do in 8 hours
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCMarch 29, 2017
As a RN, I was responsible for working up all patients (avg 17/day), all pre-certs for procedures and drugs from insurance companies, all referrals, medication refills, assisting with procedures, maintaining medication sample closet, cleaning/mopping and stocking all exam rooms and common areas, calling and responding to calls from patients and other medical personnel just to mention a few of my responsibilities. I really enjoyed the patient care but there was too much administrative and other duties required in an 8 hour day. We were only allowed 1 hour OT each week and I was never able to get caught up with my work which in turn made patients have to wait for the test/medications or specialist visits needed. My provider could have easily kept 2 people busy. It was overwhelming for me for that reason. The co-workers were great to work with. It was Monday - Friday and no holidays which was nice.
Pros
No weekends/Holidays and great co-workers
Cons
Too much work to complete in 8 hours
Great
Receptionist/ Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Mount OliveAugust 26, 2015
Working for Goshen was awesome all though the pay sucks but the benefits are awesome! The people are great, it was a great first medical office experiance
Productive and active workplace.
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 12, 2015
I completed my internship at Goshen Medical Center, and it was a great learning experience and I learned a lot. While I was there, I was able to get hands on experience of a lot of the things I learned at ECPI.
Learned several other duties
Interpreter for Spanish (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCAugust 29, 2014
Check in patients as well as check out the patient. Made referrals, interpreter for spanish speaking patients. Medical records, send faxes as well as receive faxes.