Gosnold Employee Reviews

Amazing place, unfortunately the pay isn’t enough to live from.
Recovery Aide / Safety (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAMay 15, 2018
I love working for this company, I work with a lot of people in recovery who’ve become my friends. Great benefits. But the pay isn’t where it needs to be.
Fun environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working at Gosnold. My coworkers were amazing and they really cared about the clients and we always tried to give them a comfortable experience.
Good job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MADecember 14, 2017
Good company. Patient care and contact make the job gratifying. Pay is poor for amount of stress and responsibilities. I love having the ability to help others and the treatment center enables you to do so.
Professional and humbling
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 3, 2017
The ability to interact with patients who have just come to the organization struggling with their additions was very humbling to someone who had not experienced this in their life, the care in which the councilors and therapists gave the patients was excellent.
Cons
Pto
Horrible management and low pay
Patient care (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAOctober 14, 2017
Upper management is only concerned with the bottom line. I love the job in that I am truly helping people, however, I am usually so frustrated and stressed by unrealistic expectations, inconsistency, and unfairness that I can't provide the patient care that I am capable of and want to provide. I have seen wonderful people let go because they were disliked. I have seen incapable people promoted. Hard work and dedication are NOT rewarded. There are several people working here who have NO empathy or compassion. Upper management is fully aware and does nothing.
Pros
Making a difference and helping people
Cons
Everything else
rewarding and challenging
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  falmouth MAAugust 16, 2017
I loved working for this company specifically emerson house. it was rewarding and challenging. fast paced and always room for advancement. Regular reviews accompanied with raises
Pros
always room for growth
Cons
health care benefits cost expesive
i ahve worked there so long it is second hat to me
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 27, 2017
i work with wonderful people and have worked there many years. it is a fast paced environment and many changes with insurance companies all the time.
Pros
close to home
Cons
sad job
Spent my time in a basement
Patient Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAApril 21, 2017
My position was temporary and does not reflect the typical Clerk position at Gosnold. I spent my time working in a basement organizing very old files. The job was extremely boring but my coworkers were nice.
Gosnold Inc
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAApril 18, 2017
I worked at Gosnold for almost 10 years and it was one of the modst rewarding employment experiences I ever had. The pay was on the low end, but it was an incredible organization to work for,
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Low salary
New management
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAMarch 12, 2017
This is a typical addiction treatment facility with both inpatient and outpatient services and is very connected to the community. Over the years programming seemed to have become stale and ineffective. More recently there has been a change in upper management and hopefully this will make a difference in treatment outcomes. Working in this field can become quite toxic after a while.
Horrible Place to Work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MANovember 17, 2016
No respect for colleagues, trickled down from the top. Very little opportunity for advancement unless you were born male. Always wondering when you will be let go. Fickle with policy and job duties.
Pros
Reasonable benefits
Cons
No respect for colleagues, negative work environment, no job security or chance for advancement
depends on which kitchen your assigned
Cook (Former Employee) –  West Falmouth, MASeptember 20, 2016
if your assigned to Emerson, quit now and save yourself much aggravation and stress, if your lucky enough to get into the other kitchens your life will be a dream.
Pros
nothing
Cons
stress
Laid back facility with little regulations
Recovery Aide (Current Employee) –  Cataumet, MASeptember 25, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is working in identifiable field with addicts. Watching someone start their process from the beginning is a gift. Not a fan of how the facility is run.
I have enjoyed working and living on Cape Cod until recently. I believe it's time to move on and be back in the city.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MASeptember 7, 2015
One of the best things about working where I do, is the interaction I have on a daily basis with the patients. I will miss this aspect of my job very much.
Upon arrival at work I check all emails and voice mails and respond accordingly. I then set the daily census for the house. It is my responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly here at the Miller House. Being the Administrative Coordinator is not just about sitting behind a desk and typing memo's all day. I have been known to jump in and do case management for patients. I also have helped facilitate groups. I handle billing to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health, of which I was trained by the Commonwealth's bureau of substance abuse.
I have come to the conclusion though, that living and working on Cape Cod full time is not for me. I miss family, friends and colleagues in Boston and look forward to relocating to the area as soon as possible.
Pros
Full time cook on staff!! Great Patients and wonderful coworkers.
Cons
no breaks. lots of negativity on behalf of the management and corporte
most of my co workers were friendly and cared about the patients that they worked with.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAApril 24, 2015
my shift started at 7am. first we would do a shift review with the overnight staff. second wake up patients for the morning meeting, either me or my co worker would facilitate it. making sure the patients are following the rules and are in there designated areas is a big part of the job. also admissions and discharges are a daily part of the job.
one of the hardest parts of the job are dealing with 30 newly sober men and women. you cant take things personally or bring the negativity home with you.
Pros
nice clean environment
Cons
pay
Good place for experience coworkers are great
Therapist/Coordinator IOP,Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Falmouth,MAApril 10, 2015
A typical day at work is checking in clients for Intensive Outpatient Group making sure it is running. Seeing 4 to 5 clients. Running a group. Supervising Clinicians. Completing Utilization Review.
Calling Insurance companies for Authorizations. Meeting with coworkers and supervisor to review how Intensive Outpatient Program is running.
Pros
Excellent co workers the company attracts great clinicians.
Cons
High level management is unsupportive
Rewarding place to work
Recovery Aid (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 30, 2014
While I enjoyed working here very much, the position I held was per diem and the compensation I received was not enough to make a living. I would love to work for this company again someday when I am able to hold a higher position!
Great Company
CSP Case Worker/Case Manager/Recovery Aide (Former Employee) –  Falmouth,MAApril 10, 2014
THis company has excellent benefits and a great time off package to avoid the high burnout rate within the field.
Unique and interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mashpee, MAJanuary 6, 2014
Gosnold was an interesting place to work. It was very diverse in the day to day operations of the outpatient site. I learned a great deal from the clients, like if you think you are having a bad day, wait five minutes and the next person coming in the door is probably having a worse day.
Got The most part the management was mostly fair. My co-workers were a wonderful group of professional who really did an amazing job.
I think one of the hardest parts of my job was just trying to get everything done in a timely manner. There were always so many interruptions that sometimes it wasn't easy and unless you were a detailed, focused person you might get forgetful.
I really enjoyed my co-worker and the clients.
very welcoming and friendly enviroment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  cataumet maNovember 25, 2013
worked with client in treatment for substance abuse problems also in house and outside 12 step meetings daily hardest part of the job was when someone would relapse most enjoying part of the job was seeing clients come back to put on a meeting for the other client and knowing that they are doing well
Pros
awesome place to work
Cons
the travel it was an hour each way there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gosnold. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about