Gosnold Employee Reviews

Excellent Facility
Patient FInacial Services (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAApril 1, 2019
I worked as an employee through a temp agency. I loved the job from day one. I actually enjoyed going to work. There was never down time, I was always busy which I enjoy. My director was excellent with her management skills, patience with my errors, constantly keeping me learning. The support staff was wonderful, very positive and caring. I was very sad to leave this position. I do not easily give such a glowing review, but it is all true.
Pros
Excellent director, flexible on leaving for appointments, professional work environment
Cons
No area to eat AT ALL, old building that needs updating
Miserable place to work
Recovery Aide (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAFebruary 20, 2019
This company doesn't care about their patients or their staff AT ALL. All they care about is money. No support from higher-ups. Don't work here. It's not worth it!
productive
Lead Recovery Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAFebruary 13, 2019
Management is fantastic, the high stress can be taxing at times but other than that it is a high-paced, enjoyable place to work. They have health insurance options on top of great PVT. Hourly pay is hard to live on working only 40 hours a week, main downfall.
Terrible Leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Great mission - terrible place to work. Senior Leadership rewards blind loyalty not skill or job performance. They do not have a full grasp on what is going on in the company and do not make informed decisions. Most people that work there are unhappy and only stay because Cape Cod is a hard job market. For some the mission is enough but new leadership would go a long way in terms of raising Gosnold's reputation back up in the eyes of the community.

If you want to work extremely hard and get treated poorly this is the place for you!
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Terrible Leadership
FFS positions with fair adminitrative support
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 15, 2018
Gosnold has a great reputation in the field of substance abuse; they have been less successful marketing themselves as a source of mental health services. New middle management has embraced a corporate culture where the emphasis is on cutting costs. Good client care remains a priority, but fee-for-service clinicians must do a lot of work that they do not necessarily get paid for. Compensation rates are neither the highest or lowest in the field. Clinicians earn 8 hours of vacation time per two week pay period, and the benefits package is decent. Vacation pay rates are one half the clinician's hourly rate.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Work not compensated for
Amazing place, unfortunately the pay isn’t enough to live from.
Recovery Aide / Safety (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAMay 15, 2018
I love working for this company, I work with a lot of people in recovery who’ve become my friends. Great benefits. But the pay isn’t where it needs to be.
Fun environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working at Gosnold. My coworkers were amazing and they really cared about the clients and we always tried to give them a comfortable experience.
Good job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MADecember 14, 2017
Good company. Patient care and contact make the job gratifying. Pay is poor for amount of stress and responsibilities. I love having the ability to help others and the treatment center enables you to do so.
Professional and humbling
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 3, 2017
The ability to interact with patients who have just come to the organization struggling with their additions was very humbling to someone who had not experienced this in their life, the care in which the councilors and therapists gave the patients was excellent.
Cons
Pto
Horrible management and low pay
Patient care (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAOctober 14, 2017
Upper management is only concerned with the bottom line. I love the job in that I am truly helping people, however, I am usually so frustrated and stressed by unrealistic expectations, inconsistency, and unfairness that I can't provide the patient care that I am capable of and want to provide. I have seen wonderful people let go because they were disliked. I have seen incapable people promoted. Hard work and dedication are NOT rewarded. There are several people working here who have NO empathy or compassion. Upper management is fully aware and does nothing.
Pros
Making a difference and helping people
Cons
Everything else
rewarding and challenging
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  falmouth MAAugust 16, 2017
I loved working for this company specifically emerson house. it was rewarding and challenging. fast paced and always room for advancement. Regular reviews accompanied with raises
Pros
always room for growth
Cons
health care benefits cost expesive
i ahve worked there so long it is second hat to me
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 27, 2017
i work with wonderful people and have worked there many years. it is a fast paced environment and many changes with insurance companies all the time.
Pros
close to home
Cons
sad job
Spent my time in a basement
Patient Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAApril 21, 2017
My position was temporary and does not reflect the typical Clerk position at Gosnold. I spent my time working in a basement organizing very old files. The job was extremely boring but my coworkers were nice.
Gosnold Inc
Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAApril 18, 2017
I worked at Gosnold for almost 10 years and it was one of the modst rewarding employment experiences I ever had. The pay was on the low end, but it was an incredible organization to work for,
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Low salary
New management
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAMarch 12, 2017
This is a typical addiction treatment facility with both inpatient and outpatient services and is very connected to the community. Over the years programming seemed to have become stale and ineffective. More recently there has been a change in upper management and hopefully this will make a difference in treatment outcomes. Working in this field can become quite toxic after a while.
Horrible Place to Work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MANovember 17, 2016
No respect for colleagues, trickled down from the top. Very little opportunity for advancement unless you were born male. Always wondering when you will be let go. Fickle with policy and job duties.
Pros
Reasonable benefits
Cons
No respect for colleagues, negative work environment, no job security or chance for advancement
depends on which kitchen your assigned
Cook (Former Employee) –  West Falmouth, MASeptember 20, 2016
if your assigned to Emerson, quit now and save yourself much aggravation and stress, if your lucky enough to get into the other kitchens your life will be a dream.
Pros
nothing
Cons
stress
Laid back facility with little regulations
Recovery Aide (Current Employee) –  Cataumet, MASeptember 25, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is working in identifiable field with addicts. Watching someone start their process from the beginning is a gift. Not a fan of how the facility is run.
I have enjoyed working and living on Cape Cod until recently. I believe it's time to move on and be back in the city.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MASeptember 7, 2015
One of the best things about working where I do, is the interaction I have on a daily basis with the patients. I will miss this aspect of my job very much.
Upon arrival at work I check all emails and voice mails and respond accordingly. I then set the daily census for the house. It is my responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly here at the Miller House. Being the Administrative Coordinator is not just about sitting behind a desk and typing memo's all day. I have been known to jump in and do case management for patients. I also have helped facilitate groups. I handle billing to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health, of which I was trained by the Commonwealth's bureau of substance abuse.
I have come to the conclusion though, that living and working on Cape Cod full time is not for me. I miss family, friends and colleagues in Boston and look forward to relocating to the area as soon as possible.
Pros
Full time cook on staff!! Great Patients and wonderful coworkers.
Cons
no breaks. lots of negativity on behalf of the management and corporte
most of my co workers were friendly and cared about the patients that they worked with.
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAApril 24, 2015
my shift started at 7am. first we would do a shift review with the overnight staff. second wake up patients for the morning meeting, either me or my co worker would facilitate it. making sure the patients are following the rules and are in there designated areas is a big part of the job. also admissions and discharges are a daily part of the job.
one of the hardest parts of the job are dealing with 30 newly sober men and women. you cant take things personally or bring the negativity home with you.
Pros
nice clean environment
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gosnold. Our community is ready to answer.