Got Light

Working at Got Light: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Work there is like staying home

In this company you can learn a lot over the industry like myself. is working with the company pretty good I recommend anybody to apply ,the management is notable good.

I was discriminated in this company

Hard job with low payment nothing to learn here 0 training is mostly labor job ,audio tech avoid it because they will send you doing light also they don't care about workers safety

Got Light insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks

Overall great place to work

Wonderful people and environment. There is a combination of creativity and hard work. The people here really care about the company and the company cares about its people. There is great integrity in the incredible high level of events production the company is achieving and this flows throughout.

Great company to work for

The management started as show techs so they value good people and pay well. The hours are crazy but that’s the nature of the event industry. Every show has different challenges. Great job for team oriented problem solvers.

Must Work Hard! Great Environment!

Great place to work with many amazingly talented people! The hours can get crazy BUT it's expected in this industry! Plus I like the overtime! It's a changing environment, many new people as the company keeps growing! Owners are cool and completely involved. Not a bad job at all!

Pros

Great people, decent pay, good benefits, parking available at office

Cons

Not many growth opportunities, office location isn't near bart

My time with Got Light

I transitioned from field installer to warehouse associate a couple years ago and have had a great experience. The company is very friendly and almost family like. The work is always varied and the jobs they did are interesting and beautiful. It can get a little busy as they are always in demand and have a lot of shows all the time, but overall the workload is balanced pretty well. I would have stayed longer, but my partner was relocated for work, so I am off to LA now.

Pros

Steady, reliable work and good benefits.

Cons

Working in a warehouse can get cold, but that is a given.

Not a bad company but could be better

Not many companies take the time for training ......this I liked. The people were fantastic. Unfortunately too much overtime; it got to the point where I just worked, slept and back to work again.

Pros

interesting projects, good vibe with staff

Cons

consistent pressure, no ebb and flow, just intense from start to end

Sketchy

They lie to you and you have to watch your back constantly. The supervisors are lazy and blame the warehouse workers and in my 3 years they have overturned the warehouse employees multiple times.

Fun people, poor pay

I had a blast working with everyone there, and learned a lot. The hours were extremely inconsistent and strenuous. The only way to make good enough money to survive in San Francisco was to go into overtime, which was extremely rare.

Pros

Fun work, fun people

Cons

terrible and inconsistent hours, very poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Got Light. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits