Gothic Landscape, Inc. Employee Reviews

My First 3 Months.
Corp. Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 10, 2019
I have been with Gothic for 3 months now. The first thing that stuck out to me is the friendliness and everyone's willingness to help, whether it be to get settled or to become familiar with the office/ job roll/ coffee maker. I work in the Corp office and every day is different. I have to speak on the family culture I have been witness to. The company was started with family and is still run by family. I see the CEO daily and he is the nicest guy. He takes the time to get to know his employees, he builds a relationship with his team, not just in corporate but in the field too. The companies values stuck out immediately and are something I am on board with. This is definitely a different company than my past experiences but I look forward to whats to come with Gothic.
Pros
Culture, Personal, Friendly, Pay, Benefits, 401k, Life Ins.
Cons
Haven't really found any to complain about.
May 17, 2019

Thank You for your review! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying being on our team. We are happy you are part of the Gothic family that is continuously growing!

Our owners definitely make a consistent effort to build relationships with all employees. It is great to be on a team lead by such strong leadership.

overall experience
Custom Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2019
Gothic was a great to company to work for, flexible work scheudle, they allowed remote work. Had some turn over in the managment area and leadership struggled at times.
Pros
remote work
Cons
turn over
Great place to work with good opportunities for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 2, 2019
I have been in this industry my entire career and worked many great places, but this is by far the best. Gothic has been able to grow into a large scale company and still keep the intimate feel of a small, family owned business. If you want to look forward to going to work each morning, this is the place to be!
Pros
Good management and great family culture
January 4, 2019

Thank You for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoy coming to work everyday! Each employee is an integral part of our team-our company culture reflects that. Thank You for contributing to our welcoming work culture and success.

a typical landscaping job
Arborist (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJanuary 2, 2019
They will teach you how to do the job in the most efficient way. They also have many benefits but you don't receive them until 3 months later. With only one arbor crew you have to both trim trees and clean after yourself.
January 31, 2019

Thank You for your review. At Gothic we do offer benefits for most positions including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA and FSA Dependent Care, and 401k. These benefits are offered on the first of the month upon completion of the 60-day introductory period.
Gothic's success is a direct result of hard-working, solution driven individuals such as yourself. Gothic is a very growth-oriented company and we constantly provide opportunity for growth. We appreciate your hard work!

amazing company with a positive attitude and team-work approach. I've had only great experiences here so far.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 31, 2018
Gothic landscape maintenance division's best attribute is their positive attitude, promoting teamwork, personal satisfaction, and emphasis on quality over quantity. This is followed closely by their incredible growth and opportunities for advancement.
the family atmosphere provides a rewarding experience knowing you are more than just a number, and we have a lot of fun at every gathering.
i would recommend to anyone looking for a place to make their career.
Pros
open-minded company, with great opportunties
Cons
nothing compared to other places i've worked.
January 8, 2019

Thank You for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoy being a part of the Gothic family! Gothic's success is a direct result of the hard work of solution-driven individuals working together as a team, and our clients that become family. We appreciate your feedback and value your input!

Fun place to work, with advancement opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 14, 2018
This is a tough industry. But Gothic has a culture of family and fun. And the advancement opportunities are really important to me. I have been able to move up a few positions because of hard-work, recognized by upper level management.
Pros
Culture, Upward Mobility
Cons
Tough Business
January 8, 2019

Thank You for your review. At Gothic, developing our employees in their career path is fundamental and consistent. We appreciate your hard work!

Great Company Culture
Corporate Staff (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 12, 2018
The company culture does not compare to anywhere else I have worked. I enjoy coming to work and working not only with my department but all the employees at our other branches. It's great to be apart of a company truly lives their mission statement.
Gothic landscaping was very family based work place
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2018
a typical day was data entry, I also worked in the equipment department for the company. It was family owned company and management was always there to help out.
Pros
company was willing to train you for other job opportunities
Cons
company closed 2007 because of housing market
December 27, 2018

Thank You for your review. We value your input and are glad to hear that you gained a lot of experience working at Gothic!

Bad supervision
Landscape Foreman (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 22, 2018
Very unprofessional supervisors with favoritism and discrimination. Keep and let go whoever they like or don’t like and will get you fired if they do not like you. Overtime is only offered to certain employees
October 23, 2018

Thank You for your review. We apologize for the experience you had at Gothic. This does not represent what we stand for as a company. Please feel free to reach out to us at recruiting@gothiclandscape.com so we can learn more about your experience.

Negative work culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 27, 2018
Negative company culture, with condescending upper management.
Coworkers often complain about management. Branch management when honest doesn't feel supported by corporate. Lack of support in operations.
Pros
Cons
unsafe
September 28, 2018

Thank You for your review. We apologize for the experience you had at Gothic. It does not represent the Gothic Landscape Brand. Please reach out to us at recruiting@gothiclandscape.com as we would like to learn more about your experience.

was ok
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Do not mess up you pay with your job and they do not help you to make your job easier or help you to learn to bring knowledge or anyting you are pretty much on your own if you want to gain more knowledge go to Alca classes
Pros
Some good people
Cons
No help
December 27, 2018

Thank You for your review. We apologize for the experience you had at Gothic. This does not represent what we stand for as a company. We are committed to constantly improving. Please feel free to reach out to us at recruiting@gothiclandscape.com so we can learn more about your experience and see how we can improve.

Unprofessional
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2018
This is not a place to work and grow. It would be so much better if corporate does a lot of surprise visits so they can truly see how and why jobs aren’t getting done. Too much play and immature emails. No focus. Purchasing get special treatment constantly leaving early or gone for the day. Profanity. This branch is not honest with corporate and lack man power on many jobs.
August 21, 2018

Thank You for your review. We apologize for the experience you had at Gothic. This does not represent what we stand for as a company. We have discussed your feedback with our team and are committed to constantly improving. Please feel free to reach out to us at recruiting@gothiclandscape.com so we can learn more about your experience and see how we can improve.

Very good work environment.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2018
It wasn't a very difficult job position as I've said before, I knew everything when applying for the job based on my work experience. I learned a few things along the way in my time at the company.
December 27, 2018

Thank You for your review. We are glad to hear you gained additional industry experience while working with Gothic!

Fun fast paced place to work.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
I was a hard worker. Still learned new everyday. Jobs got easier and easier as the days went. The hardest part about the job was you never know what you might to have work at or the area might have a lot of rocks or you try not pick up to dirt or rocks. The most enjoyable part of work was i was getting use to the work and getting fast. I still learned to be a fast worker and try to listen my foremen.
Don't bother...
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2018
Owners are amazing people. Lower management sucks. Unless you get to know the owners and their families first, don't bother applying. Management (at the Las Vegas Location) is being replaced by jealous men trying to keep job compensation much lower than acceptable. If one tries to defend themselves, they are let go with no reason given.
Cons
Overly demanding, not great environment

Unprofessional environment
Ops Administrative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 9, 2018
Unprofessional in many aspects
There is lack of respect
Unorganization
Ops constant profanity
No respect towards families
You’d have to be “friendly” to keep your job.. act like them.
Pros
Salary
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with Gothic. It does not represent Gothic Landscape Brand. Please reach out to us at recruiting@gothiclandscape.com as we would like to learn more about your experience.

Assistant Chief Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2018
Gothic was a great place to work, management and team always made if fun, we would work hard and relax after the day is done together as a family, Management was always involved to make sure we had what we needed
December 27, 2018

Thank You for your review. At Gothic, we always strive to facilitate a strong and supportive team environment. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed working with your team.

Wonderful company! Awesome co-workers!
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Great family owned company! I enjoyed going to work everyday and seeing my coworkers and felt confident in my duties. The team really gave it their all, especially Operations.
Pros
Atmosphere, work ethic, duties
Cons
Supervisor
December 27, 2018

Thank You for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the company culture and team environment!

Lacks Proffesionalism
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 27, 2017
The Riverside Construction branch is not open minded to suggestions and recommendations for improvement or new ideas.
Strong profanity is a constant use and respect for others beliefs and ideas are made fun of.
Great company
Sales (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 25, 2017
Great company & management that are extremely helpful and want you to succeed. A wonderful culture! Gothic goes the extra mile to ensure they hire the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gothic Landscape, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.