Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working as an part time temporary assistant chaplain was satisfying for me professionally.
part-time assistant chaplain, I met (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work included visiting all new patients in the hospital and offering chaplain services as required by patients and family. I also visited patients who had requested a meeting with a chaplain and those in crisis situations, including patients in ICU and the ED. I learned to listen and provide a supportive, caring environment for all patients and families.
Productive and Satisfying
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 9, 2018
My typical day at work was very busy, it was fast paced. I learned everything there was to learn about being a successful Unit Secretary and a CNA. Management at Gottlieb was great. The hardest part of my job was leaving the patients and their family members at the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the senior citizen patients.
Pros
Free Parking and Picnics
Unhealthy work environment
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 1, 2018
I sit in a cubicle in a converted storage room with no windows for 9 hours a day. My job is all on the computer with very little interaction with others.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Horrible work environment
summary
ED RN (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 26, 2018
understaffed all of the time with increased work and high acuity population. the nurses and staff here are very intelligent and able to take care of the population but need increased assistance
fun fast paste inviroment
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2018
it was a wonderful place to work at the employees there were like family. They showed a lot of love and made sure you got all of your working hours. I loved working with the staff.
Pros
the staff felt like Family
Cons
I have no complaints every place has it ups and downs
Emergency Room Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 30, 2017
People are nice but the company is horrible. There’s a pack of advancement. No room to transfer to other departments. They have a horrible cafeteria, and it’s very dirty there.
enjoyable place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
When I worked here we gathered for our shift we did our group huddles then we got our carts together then we go off and get our day started we did discharges and we all had our own personal areas we tended to so we did our work areas which included doctors offices labs bathrooms etc. you learned different things here everyday we were always getting prepared for a different task we learned everybody's schedule including our professional buildings schedule the hardest part was trying to do discharges and attempt to clean our areas in a timely fashion the bets part we all worked as a team there and got the job done no matter what but overall it was bearable to work there
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Bad leadership
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 16, 2017
A disorganized hospital with poor resources. When I was hired I felt lied too about the position and the newly hired manager was unsupportive as was HR. It seemed that when this hospital was acquired by Loyola that the merger was not a happy one. My preceptor was horrible and left me on my own with no support. Sadly, this is a person representing the hospital. I left after 5 months and went to back to my previous and professional employer and it is was the best decision I made.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, always short staffed, no advancements
Shifts
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 7, 2017
Fast paced environment, received help from other staff when needed, hours were not as flexible, good environment to work in, the culture in the workplace was diverse.
My first experience as an RN. Staff were great, so helpful to work with!
Staff Nurse on medical/surgical floor (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 27, 2017
This was my first job as a new RN. The staff were so helpful and willing to teach what I had not come upon as a student nurse. I really learned so much working here.
Fast paced
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 2, 2017
Gottlieb Memorial Hospital was a fast paced environment but exciting to work for. Getting to know the patients was joy and it was sad when I had to leave due to lay offs.
lunch room
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Very busy, very face paced the time goes fast. You meet so many nice people, I learned a lot from the nurses. you bath people answer call lights to see what people need. help to bathroom, asst. with all there needs.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short breaks or no break
Good work place to work
Cardiac Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Professional place, good reputation, a very good management, good benefits and reimbursement continuing school, very good team work, free pass to Gottlieb Hospital health club.
Pros
Appreciation
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to start as a new grad!!!
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 25, 2017
My experience at Gottlieb has been great! My superiors and colleagues treated myself and each other with respect. I felt at home away from home while at Gottlieb.
Pros
Warm, cheerful staff - 4south (TCU) and 3south (GerPsych)
Cons
scanner for the whole hospital
Flexible dept
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 4, 2017
Gained lots of SPD experience, offered lead position but much rather pursue getting experience as a Surgical Tech. Looking forward to that opportunity again.
Enjoyable work places, met new people
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 27, 2017
These jobs gave me confidence to more coward with my career and to try different opportunities!
I'm looking to better myself and my like these jobs have personalities they gave reality. I loved working there.
you learn a lot
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 22, 2017
I love what i do which is helping others. If one person could make a difference in making the patient feel good and taking care of. It i did my job well.
Pros
we help each other
Cons
break
Transporter /ED Tech/In-Patient
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 4, 2017
Great people, Great Facility and Fitness Center attached to the Hospital , School was affiliated with the hospital , learned a great deal over the years with passionate people serving the community !
Pros
Fitness Center . Chapel
Cons
Excellent Facility
Productive and Fun
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 11, 2017
Work with 2 to 3 other techs, generalist lab. Most techs are nice and easy to get along with. Obtained core lab and blood bank skills here. Fair management team. Would continue to work here.
Does not care for employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Company is quick to kick professionals to the curb. No possibilities for advancement. Upper management does not care for their own. No room for growth. No education reimbursement