Gourmet Foods International Employee Reviews for Order Picker

3.0Pay & Benefits
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Unorganized and unsafe
Selector (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 6, 2019
Starting pay here is good if your have some experience, but their cost of insurance is outrages for what you get. This was definitely the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. There is no hiring process or orientation or even training. Work safety is a huge concern because they have people driving power equipment with no training. I even watched as they would have guys stand on each others forks on a reach truck and go up to the top rack to get product with no harness or anything. WHERE IS OSHA???!!!!!

The process in which they ship is weird. You pick your product in somewhat organized slots then bring it up to a line then pick it again. You have to memorize the box or box labels otherwise it takes forever. I understand it is expensive cheese, but you are doubling down on labor costs and frustration. They turn picking 7,000 cases with 10 guys, to my standard no more than a 5 hour job, into a 11 hour struggle. Of course it would help if everything was ready to pick when you first come in. Instead they have you mess around with making boxes for a hour and half and then they let you start your actual job.

There is defiantly some favoritism going on manager wise. The same people get away with the same stuff everyday and everyday get the easy jobs. The one guy would sit on his phone for an hour after the initially group meeting everyday then disappear going to the "bathroom" 10 times in a 5 hour shift. Give me a break.
I cannot believe they have been around for 50 years because the way this place is run it Is more like 50 days.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Feeling I was going to get run over/ see someone plummet from 4 stories at any second, not knowing anything because there is no communication
productive wasn't a plus
Bulk Order puller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2019
not a fun place to work,supervisor are very unprofessional and rude.the pay wasn't great for the work you put week after week.work place to crowded.we also was working 6 days aweek
Pros
they gave free lunch for a safe work place
Cons
1 hour break
Bias work enviornment
Line Picker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2016
The beginning of a typical day at Gourmet foods involves clocking in with the fingerprint scanner, signing out a pallet jack, and waiting from transfers from the second warehouse ( receiving ). When the transfers arrive, I unload the truck(s) that contain my routes for the day. I bring them to the line and organize them from least to greatest and rip the plastic wrap off of each pallet so that I can begin picking my route(s). Piece by piece, I locate and load the products onto the line as the customer specifies. While picking, I assure that the weights, expiration dates and overall physical conditions of the products are to the customers liking and send them down the line for the checker to scan and the stacker to stack. I do this repetitively for 8 plus hours until the Work is completed. after the work is completed, I then proceed to clean the line and check with the supervisors so that I can clock out. I sometimes operated the forklift and load trucks when the supervisors aren't able to.