Gourmet Foods International Employee Review

View all Gourmet Foods International reviews

Not something I’d consider doing long term.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 2, 2019
This Company confuses me everyday. Currently in the process of looking for another/better job. I’ve been here for about 5 months & honestly it’s not working out. The night supervisors are extremely lazy & the only time they help out is if their boss shows up. The coworkers are okay but sometimes we have so many call-ins or people coming late we get behind on easy nights. Sometimes the hours are crazy almost 16 hours & can take a huge toll on your body especially if you drive over 25 mins to & from work everyday. You never know what time you’ll get out it honestly depends on who you work with because some guys want their hours & others just want to hurry & get the job so they can go home. I’m cool with OT but not when it’s over 14 everyday! This place needs better management seriously & it seems like the employees can practically do whatever they want. You work in a cooler all day & the freezer suits they provide are all ripped up. The electric pallet jacks all have problems & it’s not enough for everyone. They’ll tell you in the beginning that you’ll be working 8 hours & can stay for OT if you want but it’s not like that at all, you’ll end up working an additional 8 hours if the people you’re working with are moving slow & it gets very frustrating. You work 5 on 2 off but your off days are spaced apart & it’s not enough time to recover. Thought this place would be better but I don’t think that’s going to happen anytime soon. Can’t wait till I find something better if I didn’t have bills to pay I would’ve quit along time ago!
Pros
Laid back
Cons

Other Gourmet Foods International Employee Reviews

Great food and beverage culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 17, 2019
GFI is a great company and I learned an incredible amount of knowledge about gourmet foods and beverages. Coming from a traditional consumer package goods background at Nestle GFI was a refreshing change in my appreciation of good food and beverages.
Great job
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2019
Great job, would recommend it too others! This job isn’t hard work at all, its a fast pace job. Get raises every year on your hire date. Multiple shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gourmet Foods International. Our community is ready to answer.